House MD

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Woozy, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Re: House MD **may contain spoilers**

^^The kid on next ep is called Thomas Dekker,I've found this about him:"Thomas Dekker was born on December 28, 1987 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is most recognized from his recurring role as Vincent on 7th Heaven".

2. cath4gil

cath4gil Pathologist

Just like to say Foreman WTF!!, can't believe he said that. Cameron had some great snark going on, and liked that she wasn't taking bulls*** from no one. Think some characterisation went slightly out the window in this eppy, nevertheless it was an interesting one. Glad to see Wilson is on Cameron's side :D

Looking forward to next week, going to be a good battle ;)

3. emdash

emdash Hit and Run

I'm so happy there's House thread! I loved this week's episode, but it seemed more mean than usual. Lot's of snide remarks and backstabbing with characters other than House (not that he didn't have his own, but when doesn't he?).

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I usually don't like Cameron, but then, when Foreman insulted her like that, I had to say, I felt sorry for her.
    And there was definetly not enough Wilson in the ep. Which is DEPRESSING. 'cuz I heart Wilson. Or enough Chase. Hmm.
    Oooh, can't wait for next week's eppy. It looks so serious. But, awesome.

5. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I'm very glad Cameron was in the episode... ordinarily I'm pretty meh towards her, but if she hadn't been there last night I would have thrown something at the television. My God, *NO ONE* cared that Max was going to go through elective invasive surgery without proper counselling? Nobody could have asked her, "So, as a purely hypothetical situation, how will you feel if you donate your liver and in a couple of years something happens... say, your girlfriend meets someone else and breaks up with you?" At least then they can hear her say, "Doesn't matter; I'll do it anyway." Cameron, you're as annoying as all hell, but to my surprise I've discovered tonight that you're absolutely necessary to my enjoyment of this show.

As for the article, Foreman was way out of line... and since he's my favorite character, that really hurts to say. Cameron was way too whiny about it... but if I'd been professionally screwed over like that and no one gave a sh*t, I'd be mad and whiny too.

Apparently medical personnel that watch this show have said NO WAY would that happen in a decently-run medical department... it's too important for the members to trust each other to be going around screwing each other professionally. But of course, in this hospital, no one cares. Good God... *please* beat the crap out of House next episode. Amen.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that Foreman had a good point at the end that this is a dog-eat-dog world for good jobs but their is a degree that I really think he is an a$$. He could have written an article just a well as the one he published only about a different topic. He doesn't have to go behind Cameron's back and still end up being a sh*t about it.

I agree with you LadyLeah, there was NOT enough Wilson in this episode!! When the episode hit its half-way mark, I was like, "Where's Wilson?"

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I missed Wilson too.

I liked the Foreman/Cameron quarrel,I think that kind of problems are normal between colleagues,it's more a realistic portrait that if everybody gets on well,and Cameron is so naive...

I was looking for pics and ran into a spoiler,grrrr... :mad:
    I think you all already know.It's about Foreman being the patient in this ep.I knew this was going to happen later or sooner:a member of the team being the patient,but I think it's an "easy plot",predictible,I'm not saying it's not interesting,but I'm afraid the scripters don't have better ideas.

8. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I think it all came down to a matter of perspective. House's patient (and Cameron's patient, in turn) was Hannah. Their #1 priority was saving Hannah's life. By telling Max there was a possibility that Hannah might dump her, Max could've changed her mind, therefore killing House's patient. As House said, "you tell Max, Hannah dies. How is that more ethical?" House obligatioin was Hannah, not Max. Max goes along with the donation of her liver, and something might go wrong. Max doesn't go along with it and Hannah dies for sure. Would you be willing to let someone die so another person can be aware of a truth that's uncertain at best? I wouldn't.

I had to side with House on this one. When you're a doctor, you have to do everything to make sure your patient walks out of there alive. We've seen House do worse things than this (give a patient an STD if it means he gets a new heart, etc). Besides, Cameron wasn't 100% sure that Hannah was going to leave Max. It was House who assumed Hannah was going to dump Max. Cameron ran on that assumption. Hannah merely said she was getting tired of Max. She never said that was it for their relationship. She never said she was cheating, or planning to move out, or that she'd even taken an active role in the break up. This was a woman who hadn't slept in 10 days, who was under an enourmous amount of stress, and had a girlfriend who was on top of her 24/7. Anyone, under these circumstances, might admit they're getting tired of their significant other. Cameron didn't take any of this into consideration. She didn't know anything about Hannah and Max and their relationship. For all we know, Max and Hannah go through something like this every so often. Every couple goes through those periods where they claim they're sick of each other. They get over it and move on.

What Cameron saw was Evil Hannah planning to dump Max. Cameron then whips out her moral cards and deems Hannah an evil, evil BAD person, so bad that Cameron feels she has the right to actually hurt Hannah (she was hurting Hannah on purpose when she shoved the tube down her throat), because Hannah did wrong. I'm sorry, but that's not ethical or moral. That's plain hypocrisy. She did the same thing to the biker in Spin. She seems to enjoy physically hurting people who she feels have done wrong. That's plain disturbing.

What bothered me about Cameron's behavior was, she was more than willing to let Hannah die because Hannah admitted she was growing tired of Max, and in Cameron's world that is a punishable sin. Cameron cared more about Max, because she felt Max was being betrayed, than she cared about her patient, who she should've made her priority. Doctors don't have the right to sit on a moral chair and judge every patient that walks by. Cameron doesn't have the right to hurt her patient and possibly take her life away because she feels her patient has commited a moral sin. No one decides who gets to live or die, especially when said person doesn't have all the facts.

The saddest part was in the end, the real victim was Hannah. Cameron might've realized this, if she hadn't been too busy judging her or whining about how Foreman stole her paper.

Max's advocate was actually Cuddy. Cuddy didn't know what was happening, and told Max, "in time, we learn things that might cause us to change our minds, and you need to think about all these things because there's a big chance you might die on the table." I agree that as Max's advocate, Cuddy should've found out the truth, but House told her it wasn't anything medical. In fact, he made it sound like it was nothing at all, which should've tipped Cuddy off, but even if Cuddy had known, I wonder if she would've told Max. I know if it was me, I'd feel uncertain about telling a woman something that again, isn't 100% factual, but that would for sure end up killing a human being. Again, it's a matter of perspective, I thought saving Hannah was more important.

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I think if Hannah was going to dump Max or not is not relevant.
    Max should be informed of the risks of the surgery as she was by Cuddy,she told her she could die on the table and she accepted the risks.(Despite the fact that House was absolutely manipulative with her as he is with everyone).
    I think it would be selfish from someone to decide to donate or not to donate just in order if you're going to be dumped or not.
    Anyway,private issues as those are not doctors' business.

10. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

We'll have to agree to disagree, then. Looking at it from Max's perspective, I would appreciate other doctor's not risking my life to save their own patient's. And I'm pretty sure that doing everything you can to save your patient does not include impinging on other patients' rights. If it doesn't, I'll never enter a hospital again.

11. never_a_promise

never_a_promise Pathologist

You're right from a medical ethics point of view you can't risk another patients life to save your own. However you must remember that this is a T.V programme and since when has House ever been ethical. The first rule of medicine is First do no harm, so to sacrifice one patients life for another shouldn't be done.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, you all make very good points. And in different levels, I would agree with all of you. But this episode was just so great. I still can't get over what an A** forman was at the end. I hope all that changes in May. But we'll see if it does or not.
    Anyway in my long never ending search for all things House/Hugh Laurie realted, I stumbled upon a website with a bunch of House/Hugh Laurie Videos Some were directly related to House, and other just things that Hugh was in. (ex. A bit of Fry and Laurie, Blackadder, ect.) I have never seen most of these videos, so they interest me greatly, and I wanted to share them here also. Have a good weekend everyone. I am off to Las Vegas on Sunday for a little R&R seeing how after today, I don't have a job.

CSIFAN1985

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^WOW,thanks for the link CSIFAN1985!!!There are very interesting videos. :)
    I'd already watched some of them but not all.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Who else is excited for the last 3 episodes of this season's House?!?!? In Entertainment Weekly this is what it says for Tuesday, May 2nd's House Episode (A "MUST WATCH)

I'll put this in Spoiler Code just in case someone wants to be surprised.

'For those of you who sneer that the House doctors never manage to catch the infections they treat, put your smirk down. After going to a sick cop's apartment to investigate why he can't stop giggling, Foreman (Omar Epps) ends up in quarantine with the man. The plot gives Epps his For Your Consideration episode as he ably veers between medical curiosity and sheer terror (before getting a tad scene-chewy in part 2). Soon, Foreman turns to prayer, because even with House (Hugh Laurie) around, he'll need all the help he can get.'

Above this short paragraph there is a picture of House standing next what seems to be a dead body holding a gun! A caption on the bottom says, "Laurie: 'I said I would give you a shot- not that I'd use a needle.'"

Ah, the drama! :lol:

Can't Wait! :p

15. cath4gil

cath4gil Pathologist

The last remaing eppy's are going to be very interesting indeed, with what I know is going on with the characters, especially something that might carry onto S3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.