House MD

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Woozy, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

Does anyone else here watch House? Or am I the only one?

We are near the end of s1 here in the UK, but I've read some spoilers for the eps I haven't seen. I am still a bit confused as to why Hugh Laurie puts on an American accent. House wouldn't really be any different if he was English. What do other people think about it?

(I couldn't find another thread for this, but mods may close this if there is)

2. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Uh, cos he's hotter with an american accent? Even though, american accents are not that hot. :p

House is a great show! I'm still appalled of the way he treated Cameron. Apalling. But oh well, poor girl is in love with House. And House is a goddamned fool. :p

3. Woozy

Woozy Pathologist

Tell me about it! Perhaps he'll come round at some point! (It's like GSR all over again, only she admitted it right at the beginning :rolleyes::lol:)

4. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

And he was the one that said NO. How can he say that to a person he liked REALLY.

5. IHeartEric

IHeartEric Coroner

House rocks! It's the best show I've seen (after CSI and Stargate: Atlantis, of course). But I loe it.

I don't really notice his accent that much. It's not really that pronounced - until you watch Jeeves & Wooster anyway.

6. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

If you're really concerned with a mod locking the thread then i'm sure you would ask me. :rolleyes:
    anyways, i love House, it's funny. i really like the characters and the plots... i just love it. House is a great person, i would love for him to be my doctor.

7. csilouise

csilouise Police Officer

Ahh House is like one of my favourite shows! None of my friends watch it, which is a real shame because now every Friday morning (we see it on the Thursday night here in the UK) I am boring them senseless about the last episode. Some of my teachers have been talking about it in class, I feel so old.

8. Kat_La

Kat_La Prime Suspect

I love it too. I didn't watch it from the start though but i never miss it now. We still have the first season here in Australia.
    I think he's the funniest without trying to be funny.
    I can't believe Jesse Spencer's on it. I remember watching him on Neighbours. I used to love him. Billy and Anne, i thought they were the best couple back then. Oh the days...

9. csilouise

csilouise Police Officer

I love Hugh Lawrie so much after watching House! I love his dry sense of humour and his sarcasm!

10. piepretzelsngreg

piepretzelsngreg CSI Level Two

dude, House is an awesome show! you hvae good taste.

11. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I never miss an episode of House. I am so totally smitten with Hugh. The man cracks me up. Of course, here in the U.S., we don't get any new episodes until November. Stupid baseball playoffs.

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

is that why Canada isn't getting any new eppys of House? They've been playing re-peats for 2 weeks now..oh well...I blame FOX.

House is such an awesome show. It always leaves me thinking before the commercial breaks, and I swear that the morgue they use is the CSI:Miami morgue, but I don't care :lol:

Best show i've seen in a long time. They are so funny without any effort. My fav part is when House says to Chase

"You put the queen on your money, you're brittish"

Does that mean canadians are brittish? We put the queen on hour money..and let me tell you, she needs a facelift :lol: sorry no offence intended..

Anyway, Hugh cracks me up so much. Almost every eppy he says he has to pee. I love that show with a burning passion! I'm trying to get my friends to see it but they all go to bed before 9:30..ooo rebels they are.

Anyway, I have just fallen in love with that show.

13. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

Yeah, Fox has the baseball playoffs. So we are deprived of new eps until the beginning of November. Stupid Fox.

The man cracks me up, I swear. He is always saying something completely random. Coming from anyone else, it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah, he pulls off the character perfectly...He's so amazing.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Love House, Hugh Laurie is awesome, peeved about the accent... but at least he pulls it off, and he's perfect for the part... its just like the character he played in 'Sense and Sensibilty' (the name of which escapes me..)

Oh well, i'm not too bumed that he rejected Cameron, she's too whiny for him, and i'm not a fan of Chase either, i should be supporting the Aussies, but c'mon, he's a bit of a tool :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.