Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

I think the cheesiness is what makes his character loveable, much as Danny from 'Full House'. They're both similar in that sometimes the stuff they say makes you want to slap your forehead and cringe because it was so cheesy, but in the end you still come back for more of that character. I guess it's an enduring quality for the both of them.

i love when their lines are so cheesy that i feel embarrassed for the actor. (for example .. the recent triplet episode ... "cold as ice" ...)
you have to feel a little for DC when they make him say things like that.
it must be so hard for everyone on set to not burst out laughing.

He just wouldn't be H without the cheesiness. It proves that DC is a great actor because it would take some serious skills to say "thats what happens...when worlds collide" and other various craziness, and stay completely serious.
I wonder if he ever looks at the script and says "you want me to say what?!?" because sometimes, as with the cold as ice bit, its just too much...

I know I might be in the minority here... but I don't find the one-liners cheesy. I just think they're tongue-in-cheek and prove that the writers and stars don't take themselves, or the show, too seriously. I enjoy the occasional humour on the show, especially the stuff Frank comes out with, and I just see DC's lines as part of that. I think I might be alone in this view though!!

i wonder how many times DC looks at a script and shakes his head and says "no way am i saying that" haha ...

Well..............considering he's there long before anyone else & goes over the script with the writers I'm sure if their were something in it he'd never say or do he'd say something. He does have that right but, he'd do it in a very nice way. Plus, I have no doubt he's made suggestions. Apparently he didn't see nothing wrong with alot of the writing from S4 or to me I don't think alot of it would've happened. LOL

*sigh* Sorry that i've been away so long guys! You know, Spring Break now. Took a week off work for it too. (I love my boss. :lol: )

Anybody know why CSI Miami didn't air on Monday last night? i have the 5 channels, but i'm still supposed to get it. So what, now i have to wait till the 16th of April to see Bloodline?? Anybody got some info on that?

Anybody know why CSI Miami didn't air on Monday last night?
Huh, that's odd. It aired last night for me. It was just a repeat of course, but still. It's odd that your stations didn't show it. Did something big happen, news-wise, where you live? That might be why.

Anyway, they showed a preview for "Bloodline" at the end of the episode, so I'm sure at some point CBS will put it up on their website.

The previews they showed for the new ep is suppose to air on the 9th of April. Hope that helps.

I know I might be in the minority here... but I don't find the one-liners cheesy.
Me neither. I think the one-liners are H's trademark. They kinda make him cool when he says those things.

It's just like the sunglasses he puts on and takes off like a million times each ep, I don't get tired of it. Maybe it's just me.

I thought I read somewhere that he ad-libs some of those one-liners too....not all are written for him in advance.

tracy

I like his one-liners as well. All the funny little things Horatio does make him Horatio, they make his character different, not only his attitude and personality. I kind of laugh every time he has one of the cheesier one-liners, they're funny, and make it interesting.

Hrockz said:
I know I might be in the minority here... but I don't find the one-liners cheesy.
Me neither. I think the one-liners are H's trademark. They kinda make him cool when he says those things.

It's just like the sunglasses he puts on and takes off like a million times each ep, I don't get tired of it. Maybe it's just me.

You know this is what makes him, him. And it is making CSI Miami more popular because of it. People are watching even if to just see the one liners or how many times the sunglasses are taken off or put on but at least they are watching.

On our news channel the other night one of the anchors did his little impression of Horatio with the sunglasses. Horatio he isn't by any means but it was funny and just goes to show how much this is becoming a trademark for this show. And any publicity is good.

hot4jontogo said:
i wonder how many times DC looks at a script and shakes his head and says "no way am i saying that" haha ...

I wasactually thinking it myself when I registered here for some minutes ago. Btw, I have had so many good laughs and shaked my head over things that DC says as HC. Sometimes I just wonder whats the point... Sometimes I just laughs 'cuz it's so cheesy....

TracyLynn said:
I thought I read somewhere that he ad-libs some of those one-liners too....not all are written for him in advance.

tracy

I read somewhere that on one of the second or third season episodes where he is out with Susie and Madison and then he interrupts the robbery of the truck, that the line there "They never listen" was a last minute ad-lib, but that the director liked it so much he left it in there. I guess DC does have some say in Horatio's lines; after all he makes Horatio who he is! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back