Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot, Penguins are going to the Conference Finals!!! :D I'd throw a party right now if I had anyone to party with :lol:

6-2 in Game 7 against the Capitals!
Crosby got 2 goals, Letang got 1, Guerin got 1, Adams(!) got 1, and Staal got 1.

Talk about a comeback victory! The Pens came back and totally whipped some rear end in these last few games.
Awesome game this was, but I figured it would be much closer than that.
The Caps seemed a bit off their game tonight and I'm not sure why, as they should've had a lot of confidence coming into this game and fell a bit flat.
But now I get to mock my sister cause she mocked me when the Caps won last round. ;)

So now it's either Boston or Carolina. Bring on the next round!

Last edited:
That. Was. Awesome.

Sid the Kid is just... wow.

(I think I need time to digest this.)

I'm going back to DC next week and definitely look forward to rubbing this in the faces of all my friends who said Ovie would take it. But what about Malkin?

Last edited:
^ I know. Crosby never fails to amaze me. From game to game he almost always does something where you just have to sit back and be like "Wow, what was that?"

I think Malkin has been more of a quiet force in the playoffs so far. He's had a few goals but he has been doing a lot of the little things behind the scences. It's like he wants to remind you that he's there, but he doesn't want to be the center of attention.

I think Malkin has been more of a quiet force in the playoffs so far. He's had a few goals but he has been doing a lot of the little things behind the scences. It's like he wants to remind you that he's there, but he doesn't want to be the center of attention.

That's a great way of putting it :) And speaking of unsung heroes, how about Fleury? He's really kicked butt this series. On that note, it was also very nice to have Gonchar back and uninjured.

I can't wait to see who we're up against for the conference finals. I like the Bruins, but I'm not sure if I want the Pens to end up playing them.

Fleury has been awesome. :)
And I'm glad Gonchar was able to come back and play so fast. All those inital reports had me worried that he would be out for a long while.

I can't wait to see who we're up against for the conference finals. I like the Bruins, but I'm not sure if I want the Pens to end up playing them.

I don't want them to play the Bruins because I like Boston.
But I really don't want them to play Carolina because the Hurricanes have scared me.
Seriously, where in the world did they come from at the end of the season? :shifty:

Woot, Penguins are going to the Conference Finals!!! :D I'd throw a party right now if I had anyone to party with :lol:

Woo!!! Partyparty! *need to change my avatar to Pens ava*

I think this series against Washington was great, even I almost lost my hope in the beginning :p

I remember when during the winter, our national broadcasting company's website, someone in hockey section complained about Pens and how they are doing everything wrong again and will fail :p

BWHAHAHAH say I! Need to read if they write something about 'em now.

I try to wake up to catch some of the next games :D

I remember when during the winter, our national broadcasting company's website, someone in hockey section complained about Pens and how they are doing everything wrong again and will fail :p

I bet that person feels a little silly now.

Stupid Hurricanes! They beat my Bruins in overtime.
And not only did they win, but Scott Walker is the one who scored. Yes, the same guy who is "technically" supposed to be suspended (but wasn't)for punching Aaron Ward in the face. :scream:

And Detroit won too. :shifty:
So it'll be Penguins vs. Hurricanes and Red Wings vs. Blackhawks.

Obviously it has not been a good hockey day in my book today...

I have to admit that I'm happy that it's Carolina in the Conference Finals not because I like Carolina, but because I'd rather not see the Pens up against another team that I like. Also, the Bruins are hella good.

Woo!!! Partyparty! *need to change my avatar to Pens ava*

Word. I think I have a few extra Pens icons lying around if you want one.

I have to admit that I'm happy that it's Carolina in the Conference Finals not because I like Carolina, but because I'd rather not see the Pens up against another team that I like. Also, the Bruins are hella good.

Yeah, I'd rather the Pens play Carolina too. It's just the fact that I like Boston and I'm sad to see them go :(
But I would've really hated to have to see Pittsburgh take out the Bruins, or vice versa. So I suppose it's for the best.

At this point, I pretty much feel like everything to come, whatever it be, is for the best. Even if the Pens lose next round (provided it's not a blow-out), we'll still have beaten the Flyers and the Caps, which pretty much sums up my season goal. If we can send Ovie and the thugs on ice packing, then it's still a good season in the end. (I still haven't forgiven the Flyers for losing us Gonchar last playoff season.)

At this point, I pretty much feel like everything to come, whatever it be, is for the best. Even if the Pens lose next round (provided it's not a blow-out), we'll still have beaten the Flyers and the Caps, which pretty much sums up my season goal. If we can send Ovie and the thugs on ice packing, then it's still a good season in the end. (I still haven't forgiven the Flyers for losing us Gonchar last playoff season.)

Definitely. They have had to go through a lot to get where they are, and there's no denying that the Pens will have had a great season no matter what happens. They worked super hard to get into the playoffs and have now beaten probably their two biggest rivals. Amazing season no matter what the outcome is.

Poor Gonchar, it's like some kind of horrible deal with the hockey gods: "We'll let your team get into the playoffs, but something bad is going to happen to you."

YES! The two teams I wanted to win tonight won!

Next round: I'm going Carolina and Chicago (even though they beat both the Canucks AND the Flames). I hate the Ducks with a passion so I am so happy Detroit won, but I don't want them to beat Chicago. Yeah, I cheer for the teams I like more. That's the point I'm at right now.

And I guess Canada never really is out of the Cup :)

You know what I've always wanted to do? Go to a hockey game with one of those signs that use the channel name. Like "Cup Belongs in Canada". I even figured one out for TSN that works for my team :adore:

Next round I'm taking Pittsburgh (obviously) and Chicago, because I hate Detroit with a passion. Don't know why, just do.

A sign for my team...
Well the only hockey channel I have is NBC when they decide to show games, and I can't think of anything either Pens or Rangers related that would fit right or make any sense. The best I've got is "New York Believes in the Cup".

You know what bugs me though? Those people who go to games with the signs that say like "*So and so*, will you marry me?" Come on, you're there for a hockey game, not to pick up a date!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back