Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA FOR NEW YORK RAGERS... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Avery gets kicked out - team loses to Caps

Tortorella gets suspended from game - we lose (AGAIN)

Betts get injured - We lose a Key guy in PK. Caps won't be

that affected by Brashear 's absence, However, New York Rangers will

definatly suffer from loosing their key player.

- Henrik Lundqvist got pulled twice from the game, This is an unusual trend for "The King", giving up 9 + goals in 2 games :eek::eek::eek::wtf::wtf::wtf:.

He's usually know for his sharpness, abilty to stop the puck from virtually every angle using his agressive butterfly style.

And thats not the only problem, Sadly:(. This team will move into Game 7 with no confidence, and pretty sure no chance to make the Playoffs.

I don't know, I still think the Rangers can pull it out.
Henrik needs to get out of this funk and keep the Caps out of his head, and the rest of the players need to play the more defensive style like they did in the first two games. The harder they work up front, the less they have to worry about whether Hank is going to stop a shot or not. Also, our main players; Drury, Gomez, Naslund, etc. really need to step it up a notch. Just getting the puck to the net helps big time.
And for goodness sakes, bench Avery! He's harming more than he's helping.

So, the judge has spoken:

Washington Capitals forward Donald Brashear has been suspended for a total of six games as a result of two separate incidents -- one prior to and one during Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series Sunday against the New York Rangers.

Brashear was suspended one game for initiating contact with Rangers forward Colton Orr during the pre-game warm-up. Brashear was suspended for five additional games for a blind-side hit on New York forward Blair Betts at 9:54 of the first period.

"Brashear delivered a shoulder hit to an unsuspecting player," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "It is also my opinion that the hit was delivered late and targeted the head of his opponent, causing significant injury."

Brashear's suspension will be served beginning tomorrow night when the Capitals meet the Rangers in Game Seven of the series. The suspension will extend through the Capitals' next five 2009 playoff games, the 2009-10 regular season, or both, as circumstances warrant.

"As Campbell indicated, the player on the other end of this violent hit and the extent of his injuries factors into it: Center Blair Betts, arguably the Rangers' best penalty killer, is out indefinitely with a broken orbital bone. If you're one that believes the magnitude of the damage inflicted should primarily influence the length of a suspension, then the League got it right." (PD)

Part of me is like "He got what he deserved" but part of me is like "Wait, this doesn't help us any".
We lose one of our best and most consistent players. They lose some guy who doesn't do anything anyway.
But that's the way it works. Someone has to be the loser, and I think we got it x2. :(

Last edited:
Well.....
It breaks my heart to say this, but the Rangers will not be moving on to the 2nd round. :(

They gave a good effort tonight, so I must give it up to them.
The Rangers played beautiful the first two periods. They blocked, they defended, they battled, they did everything right. Even Avery behaved, and Wade Redden did something good. In the third they looked anemic with only one shot on goal. Washington got a flukey first goal, and was able to outlast the Rangers.

So, thank you Nik Antropov. You scored our only goal, and to that I tip my hat.
You turned out to be a very good trade I do believe.

But, as depressing as this was, there is a bright(er) side. Three weeks ago, I didn't think that the Rangers would ever make it into the playoffs at all. They suprised us all and fought their way into seventh place. Then we all thought they wouldn't last in the playoffs against the Caps, but they played excellent in the first two games, and eventually sent it to a seven game series. They gave us hope when no one thought it was even possible. I'm proud of them. The Rangers battled to the end and put their heart into it.

It was the lack of Rangers offensive that has been plaugeing them all season that reared it's ugly head again. Hopefully Sather will secure a scorer in the offseason.

Thank you Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky, Freddy Sjostrom, Blair Betts, Lauri Korpikoski, Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, and Lundqvist (most of the time) for the consistency that this team needed. And to Nikolai Zherdev who played tonight like someone had light a fire under his butt. I feel confident in this team's future with these guys.

At least, I've still got Pittsburgh and Boston to cheer for. Which may mark the first time in my life I want New Jersey to win so that the Pens won't have to play Washington too. Also, Ray Shero offically made Dan Byslma head coach of the Penguins, so congrats to him.

I'm off to go cry in a corne...I mean, write an essay.

EDIT: I just told my sister that Washington (i.e. Ovechkin) won and she was only like "that's nice". Where's the enthusiasm? If you're going to beat me, at least be excited about it.

EDIT #2: Carolina just beat New Jersey. Thanks Eric Staal. Not!
So it looks like the second round will be Boston vs. Carolina and Washington vs. Pittsburgh. Joy...

Last edited:
Well, my prediction were right - Rangers didn't make it.

But to be honest I don't feel bad at all, It feels like a big weight has been lifted. NEW YORK RANGERS played

with heart and character tonight, they have something to be proud of. They are going away knowing they

gave it their best.

Henrik was absolutley AMAZING tonight !!!

It's been a tough season, with a lot changes and set backs, but it's these changes a team stronger, and

better. But now, we have a lot go along with the next year.

SO HERE' S TO NEW YORK RANGERS !!!!!!

letsgorangers.jpg

LETS GO RANGERS!

LETS GO RANGERS!

LETS GO RANGERS !

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:
Naslund announces retirement after 15 seasons

New York Rangers forward Markus Naslund announced his retirement today, ending his memorable 15-year National Hockey League career, which included a Lester B. Pearson Award (2003), five NHL All-Star Game appearances (1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004) and three NHL All-Star First Team selections (2002, 2003 and 2004).
"I would like to sincerely thank Glen Sather and the New York Rangers for giving me the opportunity this past season in New York," said Naslund. "I would also like to thank the Vancouver Canucks and all of their fans for their support over the 11-plus seasons I was a part of their organization, as well as to the Pittsburgh Penguins where I began my NHL career."

Naslund became a member of the Rangers organization when he signed as a free agent on July 3, 2008. He made his debut as a Blueshirt on October 4 vs. Tampa Bay at Prague, Czech Republic, after being named the team’s Alternate Captain the day before.

Naslund was one of six Rangers to skate in all 82 games this season, finishing second on the team in goals (24), tied for second in power play goals (eight) and ranked fifth in points (46). He extended his streak of 20-goal seasons to 10 consecutive seasons. In addition, Naslund led the team with a plus-two rating and tied for third with three points (one goal and two assists) in seven post-season contests.
:(

man I would have loved to seen New York Rangers and Red Wings go at it, only because of my previous post in here. Sorry guys maybe next time (sigh)

Pfffft...damn Pens!

Kinda funny that in both teams, someone makes hat trick and still game ended "only" 4-3

As for WC - we actually beat Canada yesterday in shootout :eek: Wtf? And lost to Belarus :p Belarus is playing kickass tournament and how great it would be if they beat Russia in next game.
Next game against USA (we've kicked their asses past two years :p )

LOL:lol::p thats like what everyone says .... What happened to this kid ?

It was supossed to be like Malkin v.s. Ovie (russian war:lol::p) , but the real

two stars were Crosby and Ovechkin. They both landed hatricks in one game :eek:

Also, love how Pens banged the puck until it went in - Awsome moment. It was pretty hularious, talk about

desperation coming from Pens.

Since Rangers are off - I have nothing better to do than watch other playoff games. And yes I am still depressed about this year, seeking help.

And what it is about team - that we loose all of our best players Hossa, Straka, Shanahan, Jagr - now Markus Naslund. We just started building this team into something. Geez:rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One small note - the Czech Republic team won (IIHF, I think it is), goals were made by Jaromir Jagr (If anyone still remembers the guy). The announcer talked about him returning to the NHL, but anyone who has followed the headline - he won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Malkin's back in business :)

Pens took it 3-2 in OT tonight, and next game's a home game. *fingers crossed*

When he scored I really wanted to run outside and yell "Take that you Malkin non-believers!" :lol: But I didn't.

Crazy game that one. I thought they had it after Geno scored, but it can never be that simple can it?

And oh Kris Letang :luvlove:
My already immense love for him has been magnified by about, oh 58 times. Not bad for a guy who wasn't sure if he was even going to play or not. What a way to get your first playoff goal! :p

Hi guys. Well, Canada's chances at the cup are officially over :(

Chicago won, get this, 7-5! And I saw the last minute of the game. It was unbelievable.

However, the Caps won :) I know I should be hating on the Caps for beating the Rangers, but I CAN'T cheer for Pittsburgh. It's against my code as a Sens fan :lol:

And, if any one cares, Canada won silver in the IIHF tournament. Russia got gold, again this year :( But hey, once the Olympics come in 2010, we'll be showing them who hockey country really is :)

As of right now, any team except Anaheim, Boston, or Pittsburgh could win the cup and I'll be happy.

I never really feel like Canada is out of the Stanley Cup- after all, check out the number of Canadians that play on each team, no matter where it's based out of... ;)

I agree with Baba, Canada's never really out of it because ya'll have players everywhere. The Stanley Cup will come up there, just only for a visit. But that Chicago-Vancouver game was crazy. I looked one minute and it was 4-4, and about five minutes later it's 7-5!

Darn Capitals! :( I thinks you guys are just out to kill my soul aren't you?
I'm not going to be pleased if you knock out two of my favorite teams in one playoff run...
I agree with Malkin's mother: "they were hoping for the series to be over in six games, because games against Washington are too intense for the nervous system."

Last edited:
And, if any one cares, Canada won silver in the IIHF tournament. Russia got gold, again this year :( But hey, once the Olympics come in 2010, we'll be showing them who hockey country really is :)

:p Sorry, we cheered for Russians (it's bit strange tho), but Canadians are just... like Sidney Crosby ;)

Damn Washington, of course Pens lose again because I cheer for 'em :(

And stupid Ducks cannot beat Detroit. Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back