Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
^No worries. All fans are welcome :) And I feel ya on being in the opponent's city. I've lived in DC for my whole life, but love the Pens. Personally, I'm hoping your team wins so that we can get a rematch in the finals (though I'm hoping for a different outcome :devil:).

You wanted a rematch...well we have it!! I'd love to go to a cup game, just cant afford it. We will see what happens on Sat. good luck Pen. Its funny too cause my aunt lives in Pitts so yeah LOL.

WOOOOHOOOO! I hope I can get tickets to a game through work for the finals!

What a nail biter that game was again last night! Go Wings!!

Ugh ugh ugh. I know we can do better. At least Detroit will probably be hurt more by the short time between games since they have more injuries.

Go Pens \o/ WOOHOO! still haven't seen the game (didn't wake up for the 1st final) and probably won't, since I am travelling here and there this week and finals are shown on Canal+

I actually saw dream last night that I checked results and Pens had lost 3rd game 3-2 and I actually believed it was true until my bf said Pens won :p Had to check myself :lol:

I hope they win the next game as well, so Wings won't get too far ahead

It was an awesome game! It was so cool to see the crowd blanketed in white at Mellon Arena. I think they must have been giving away free tee-shirts. Most of the time, I can see a few fans of other teams in the stands, but this time it was all Pens, at least judging by attire.

It was really, really nice to see Gonchar get a goal. Fleury was awesome yet again. According to the Post, the Pens were outshot 26-11 in the first two periods, so the 3rd and 4th goals were quite a relief.

I am so excited....I just bought tickets last night for game 5 in Detroit! I am not sure if I can watch tonight - I will be so nervous....if they win tonight then the Wings will go home 3 - 1 and I could be there for the winning game!

^Whoa! That's awesome, Kat! I am jealous! Though my fingers are definitely crossed that it's not the winning game :scream: Sid the Kid will not let that happen.

Kat is bumming right now!! BUT I will still have fun tomorrow night at the game!!

Oh what a great goals Pens made last game! (saw 'em on sports news :p )
But they still have to win in Detroit...*grr* But it's hard to win three (or four) times in a row against Detroit.

Go Pens \o/

I just found the most hilarious blog entry through a Pens LJ community. Google 'Here Come the Bruins! A Star Wars Guide to the Stanley Cup Finals'. It is hilarious. Not exactly Red Wings friendly :shifty:

Also, I have some Pens icons up on LJ if anyone is interested.

*shuffles off back to game*

Words cannot express how awesome that game was!!!! The Wings were on fire! It was a blast being at that game!!

Okay... that 5-0 is just plain sad. Why oh why they cannot win in Detroit? Then again... if Detroit only wins at home, same goes to Pens - should they play 6th game in Pittsburgh and then 7th one in some random city :p

Okay... that 5-0 is just plain sad. Why oh why they cannot win in Detroit? Then again... if Detroit only wins at home, same goes to Pens - should they play 6th game in Pittsburgh and then 7th one in some random city :p

See, that's what I've been saying they should do with game 7. Everyone always talks about how having home ice is an advantage, but why should one team have that advantage in the last game? I don't care where they play the other six games, but the final one needs to be played somewhere not affiliated with either team. And it would make for a more fair ticket situation since season ticket holders wouldn't have first chance at tickets that weren't being played on home ice. But they never listen to me... :rolleyes:

Anywho, I have no comment on game five because I refuse to believe it happened. :scream:

P.S. - happyharper, you read my mind because I was going to make an icon out of that picture of Geno too :lol: It's so cute!

See, that's what I've been saying they should do with game 7. Everyone always talks about how having home ice is an advantage, but why should one team have that advantage in the last game? I don't care where they play the other six games, but the final one needs to be played somewhere not affiliated with either team. And it would make for a more fair ticket situation since season ticket holders wouldn't have first chance at tickets that weren't being played on home ice. But they never listen to me... :rolleyes:

I can definitely see your point. I know MLS has the finals at a different stadium that gets decided at the beginning of the season. Still, I'd imagine funds play a big part. I remember looking at prices for DC/Caps playoffs tickets and they were through the roof; Stanley Cup tickets must make the NHL a big load of money, and much more if the game is held in one of the final teams' stadiums.

P.S. - happyharper, you read my mind because I was going to make an icon out of that picture of Geno too :lol: It's so cute!

Lol. I didn't actually make it. Anomalyyyy on LJ did. (I love the I_wanna_puck LJ comm). But I know what you mean. It is adorable. Geno is adorable. I never realized an almost-200-lb, 6'3" professional athlete man who could kick my ass in less than five seconds could be so adorable. And yet he is. Awwww

Picspam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back