Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that Kiprusoff save on Yahoo this morning.
It's absolutely ridiculous!

Definetely one of the best saves that I've seen this season. He totally robbed Wellwood of that goal, in fact, I actually thought he had scored at first. Thank goodness for slow motion and replays! Everyone on both teams are kind of like "What just happened?"
Here's a little better version of it, thanks to Yahoo :)
---

The Montreal Canadiens also sent Alexei Kovalev home, saying that he would not be needed in their next two games against the Capitals and Pittsburgh. The Canadiens have lost 10 of their last 13 games since Jan. 20, and Kovalev has only one goal and five assists in that span.
Seems it was done to show the team that no one is safe, and to hopefully kick them and Kovalev into high gear as playoff season draws near. It's a very interesting approach to the situation.

At first, I thought that maybe the Rangers should send an underachieving player home for a game or two. But then I realized that in doing so, half of the team would have to leave...

RANGERS WON!!! :beer::beer::beer:

Rangers beat Isles 3 -1 at MSG

And nobody's making any posts? **cricket sound**

Alrigty then, I'll brag on on how great we were last night.

A BIG sigh for Rangers fans (for now), the team played well. Our power plays (finnaly) got better.

Nigel Dawes scored in the first period, Scott Gomez in the second (a nice one on 3 goal),

and Fredrik Sjostrom into the empty net.

I have to say if I had to choose the best moment in the game it would have to be between Gomers goal or

Hank's save in the second period - power play.

Gomez on the second period goal:
“I don’t know how it went in,” explained Gomez. “You just shoot the puck and good things will happen. Hey, we finally got a bounce going our way.”

Well, all that - is great, lets just hope they can keep that way for the rest of the season.

The Rangers’ best penalty killer was Lundqvist, who made a neat stick save after Bailey accepted a Blake Comeau pass on the man advantage and shot from five feet out at 10:40, and who robbed Park on an earlier power play one-timer.

This is the best moment I was reffering to in a previous paragraph. Hank was solid in the net making 25 saves for the game.

On a bit of a strange note:

Prucha v.s Bergenheim ?

At 10:16 of the second, a scrum involving all ten players on the ice occurred, appropriately enough, in front of the penalty boxes. It began when Erik Reitz was whistled for kneeing Sean Bergenheim, and culminated in a fight at center ice between Bergenheim and the Rangers’ Petr Prucha. Not known for his pugilistic talents, the diminutive Prucha more than held his own in the fight, and received a tremendous ovation from the appreciative Garden Faithful.

Neither of the two are fighters, never the less, Prucha took a good beating, and got support from the team and fans. Had it been Colton Orr - Bergenheim would have been assisted off the ice on a stretcher.

Three star selections:

1st: HENRIK LUNDQVIST

2nd: PETR PRUCHA

3rd: CHRIS DRURY

Last edited:
Can I use the excuse that I'm still in awe for being slow to get here today? :D Actually I've been finishing up an essay I supposed to write last night but decided it wasn't as exciting as the Rangers game. ;)

"Coach Tom Renney and the New York Rangers got just what they needed as their season spiraled out of control—a timely visit from the cellar-dwelling New York Islanders."

“It is a good feeling. It has been a while since I had this feeling,” said Henrik Lundqvist, who made 25 saves. “We played pretty much the same way, we just found a way to score two goals.”

Nigel Dawes scored, Scott Gomez scored (Shocker isn't it?) and Fredrik Sjostrom scored. And Lundqvist somehow managed an assist. :)

Dawes replaced LW Lauri Korpikoski in the lineup, who's out with an upper body injury. :(
Rangers D Paul Mara doesn’t have structural damage in his right shoulder and won’t require surgery. That's good news!
Lundqvist has four career assists. He also had two during the 2005-06 season.
Here's something interesting: the Rangers are 9-2 when Gomez scores.... *hint, hint Scotty*

And, the Islanders have failed in 26 straight against the Rangers.
So they may be in dead last, but at least the Rangers can beat somebody. They seemed to play a lot better too.

This thread is dying and in a serious need of cure..........I"ll help....LOL:lol:

Short Note on the Rangers: They lost, again 4 -2 to Buffalo. Renny's departure is long overdue. The rest I won't bother to explain.

This I cannot - not say. LOL:lol::p. As much as I like New York Rangers. My heart is starting to bleed Blue and Green, the colours of Vancouver Canucks.

They have better luck than the Rangers, and are looking to be the better team.

And last night way a BIG event in hockey history - Mats Sundin's return

to Air Canada Center - not as a Maple Leaf, but as a Canuck.

Fans gave Mats a standing ovation in the begining of the game. And

weather he was going to be cheered of booed was answered in that

moment.

After a long three period battle, the game went into over time. Where Mats Sundin made the final deciding

goal - giving Canucks 1 point advantage over Maple Leafs.

"Overall, on the 10th anniversary of the ACC, on Hockey Day in Canada, no less, it was a warm embrace for the man who wore a "C" on his chest for 11 seasons here, if only fitfully afforded the regard he was due across that breadth of service. He wasn't Wendel, he wasn't Dougie, he wasn't Darryl – none of whom led Toronto to a Stanley Cup final either, you may recall."

"Still, the possessor of multiple franchise records: most points (987), most goals (420), most game-winning goals (94). And gobs of them were highlight-reel pretty – wrist shot from the top of the circle, off the rush, on the backhand, best in hockey and a dying art."

Source:http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/591338

Last edited:
Funny story about the Rangers and Tom Renney.
I walked into church Wednesday night and my friend Deby (also a Rangers fan) just looks at me and says "Renney's got to go". Out of the blue she says this. I thought it was funny. Just goes to show you that we fans are all on the same page.

Bathgate, Howell to be honored tonight
"Legendary Blue" duo were giants of the Original Six era

Rangers teammates for more than 700 games from 1952 to 1964, Hall of Famers Harry Howell, left, and Andy Bathgate will forever be united at Madison Square Garden when the No. 3 and No. 9 are retired in tonight's 6:30 p.m. pregame ceremony.

This marks the first time in Rangers history that the number being retired will be pulled out of active duty. The No. 3 currently is being worn by Michael Rozsival. So, I guess he'll just have to duoble up and become number 33.

Hopefully the Rangers play better for Bathgate/Howell night then they did for Graves night...

Last edited:
Reeling Rangers Fire Coach Tom Renney!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Renney was fired as coach of the New York Rangers on Monday in an attempt to save a season that has spiraled out of control.

The Rangers opened the season with a 10-2-1 record, but 10 losses in the last 12 games has knocked the team out of contention for the Atlantic Division title and placed it in danger of missing the playoffs completely.

In recent home games, fans had chanted for Renney to be fired.

General manager Glen Sather didn’t immediately name a replacement.

Renney, a former coach of the Vancouver Canucks, was 164-121-42 with the Rangers in four plus seasons and ranks fourth on the team’s career wins and games coached lists.

Assistant coach Perry Pearn was also fired, but fellow assistant Mike Pelino was retained along with goalie coach Benoit Allaire, the Rangers said.

Fiery former Tampa Bay Lightning coach John Tortorella, who once served as a Rangers assistant, could emerge as a candidate. His no-nonsense approach would be a stark contrast to the laid-back, player-friendly Renney.

Renney stated strongly Sunday that his team hadn’t quit and played hard despite its 3-2 overtime loss to Toronto that extended New York’s skid to 2-7-3. They face the Maple Leafs again on Wednesday.
The Rangers (31-23-7) entered Monday in a fifth-place tie in the Eastern Conference, but only two points above ninth-place Carolina. The top eight teams make the playoffs.

Renney is the second Atlantic Division coach fired in the past week, following Pittsburgh’s dismissal of Michel Therrien last weekend. He is the sixth NHL coach let go this season, which includes all four coaches whose teams started the regular season in Europe.

Renney went 2-0 against former Lightning coach Barry Melrose in games in Prague. Therrien and the Penguins faced Craig Hartsburg and the Ottawa Senators in Stockholm.

After a two-season stint as the Rangers director of player personnel, Renney became an assistant coach under Sather for the 2003-04 season. Sather relinquished his coaching duties Feb. 25, 2004, and turned the team over to Renney on an interim basis.

Renney, who turns 54 on Sunday, went 5-15 to finish that season and took over on a full-time basis in July 2004, but had to wait for the yearlong NHL lockout to end before he could officially claim the job behind the bench.

In his first full season, Renney was a finalist for the Jack Adams award as coach of the year after the Rangers went 44-26-12 and reached the playoffs for the first time since 1997. They advanced to the second round each of the past two years.

Sather turned over the roster before this season, allowing veteran forwards and proven goal scorers Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan to leave via free agency along with the volatile Sean Avery.

Markus Naslund was brought in to pick up the slack, and he leads the offensively challenged Rangers with 18 goals. The biggest disappointment has been the signing of defenseman Wade Redden, who was given a six-year, $39 million deal, but now hears boos every time he touches the puck at home.

Renney also struggled to get the most out of centers Scott Gomez and Chris Drury, who signed as free agents in the summer of 2007 but never found consistent linemates to work with.

:D

Last edited:
John Tortorella Named Head Coach For Rangers

By Jim Cerny, newyorkrangers.com

As Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather watched his team skate against the Maple Leafs at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night, he decided that something he had been contemplating for several weeks was indeed the right thing to do for the organization.

So on Monday morning at the MSG Training Center, Sather informed Tom Renney, the club’s head coach since February 25, 2004, that he was being relieved of his coaching duties with 21 games remaining in the 2008-09 regular season.

In a conference call several hours later, Sather announced that former Stanley Cup-winning coach John Tortorella had agreed to a multiyear contract to become the 34th head coach in the 83-year history of the Rangers franchise.

“After the start that we had at the beginning of the year, and the way we were playing and moving and controlling the puck, the game just started to erode and I knew that sooner or later we would have to do something,” explained Sather. “I wish it hadn’t come to this, but it did. The last two, three games it was pretty obvious that we had to have something done.”

The Rangers won their first five matches of the season, and stormed out to a 10-2-1 record. But soon thereafter their play leveled off, reaching its roughest stretch over the last 12 games in which they have posted a 2-7-3 mark.

Sather expressed great concern over the fact that the Rangers had abandoned the aggressive puck-pursuit they exhibited in the first month or so of the season. As a result, he believed that Renney’s more passive style and calm demeanor needed to be replaced with the opposite approach.

“I think Torts is going to bring a lot more fire to his game and to his approach, and that’s not to be critical of Tom’s approach, that’s just his personality,” explained Sather. “If you look at some of the players on our team and the past coaches they had in their history, a lot of the guys have thrived under that kind of coaching. And I felt that we needed to get more fire in there.”

Tortorella is an intensely passionate man, who, in the past, has not been shy about confronting his players. His style of play consists of an exciting blend of high-energy puck pursuit, aggressive forechecking, and offensive creativity combined with a keen sense of defensive awareness.

It is this style that Tortorella used during his seven-year tenure as head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning, which included two division titles, four playoff appearances, and the 2004 Stanley Cup Championship.

Over 539 career games coached - -including four as interim head coach of the Rangers following John Muckler’s dismissal late in the 1999-2000 campaign -- Tortorella earned 239 victories and a points-captured percentage of .513.

“I guess in retrospect I can look back and say it would have been smart to keep him,” Sather said of Tortorella’s leaving New York for Tampa Bay in the spring of 2000. “That was eight and a half years ago now, and things have a way of coming full circle. I know that he’s always been interested in the Rangers and he always loved to be here and coach here. So I am looking forward to getting to know him very well.”

Tortorella had been hired by then-GM Neil Smith to serve as an assistant under Muckler for the 1999-2000 season. Sather replaced Smith after the season ended, so he does not have previous experience working with Tortorella.

The same can not be said for current Rangers Assistant General Manager Jim Schoenfeld. For two seasons -- 1997-98 and 1998-99 -- while Schoenfeld was the head coach in Phoenix, Tortorella was his assistant. Due to that two-year association, Sather said that Schoenfeld had much input into the decision to hire Tortorella as the Rangers bench boss on Monday.

In an ironic role reversal, Schoenfeld will serve as one of Tortorella’s assistants for the remainder of this season. He takes the place of Perry Pearn, who was also relieved of his duties, and will work alongside fellow assistant Mike Pelino and goaltending coach Benoit Allaire, who were both retained by Sather.

The team Tortorella inherits currently sits in a fifth-place tie with the Canadiens in the Eastern Conference standings. However, the Rangers are in a fight to solidify a playoff spot since they are only one point ahead of the Panthers and Sabres, and just two up on the Hurricanes, who are in ninth place and on the outside looking in at the playoff picture.

“I still think we have a team that has played very well, but I think we’ve entered into a time right now where the team has not played very well,” stated Sather. “That doesn’t mean we can’t get back to playing like we did at the beginning of the year. That’s why we made the change in coaching personnel.”

Sather said that Renney, the fourth-winningest coach in franchise history is going to take some time off before assessing his future plans. Sather also stated that Renney is welcome to remain in the Rangers organization in a yet-to-be-specified role.

“It was a tough thing for both of us to deal with emotionally,” said Sather. “He approached everything very professionally, and you can’t say enough about the way he worked with us for the past three and a half years.”

Sather was also quick to point out that Renney was not solely to blame for the Rangers’ recent struggles.

“We all have to take responsibility for this,” said Sather.

Tortorella flew into New York late on Monday evening, and he will conduct his first practice on Tuesday morning. After that, it will be right back on a plane for him as he and his new team will jet off to Toronto for a rematch with the Maple Leafs, and the start of a new era for the Rangers organization, on Wednesday night.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

In a recent interview with the Rangers - the guys felt bad, shocked, and responsible for Renny's leave.

Although a lot of fans felt - he really needed to go. And it was the right decision..........Why do I suddenly feel

guilty about him leaving - maybe it wasn't the coach maybe its the guys who really need the change.....?

Last edited:
Well, in a big way the guys are responsible for Renney's firing.
He could have done all the coaching in the world behind the bench, but once the players were on the ice, the game was essentially out of his hands. It's their job to go out there and score goals. Maybe he shouldn't have switched lines around so much or he should've forced the guys to work harder at practice, but after a certain point the game is really out of his hands and into the players'. Renney was just the one that most of the blame got pinned to, even if only about half of his was his fault.

“Sometimes you have to accept that you need a change and you have to do it,” goalie Henrik Lundqvist said. “Someone had to pay the price, but we’re all responsible.”

“As players, it’s definitely on us,” forward Scott Gomez said. “We feel 100 percent responsible, but also, we still have a lot of games left and we’re still in position where we can get into the playoffs. We have to find a way.”

Maybe a staff change will light the fire under some of the Rangers' underachieving players' rear ends.

Maple Leafs spoil Tortorella’s Rangers debut

The Rangers played their first game since John Tortorella replaced Tom Renney as coach Monday—a day after Toronto’s 3-2 overtime victory over the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. Nikolai Kulemin scored the shootout winner, Vesa Toskala turned aside all three New York attempts and the Toronto Maple Leafs spoiled Tortorella’s Rangers debut with a 2-1 victory Wednesday night.

The most interesting moment in the first came a little over 6 minutes in when New York’s Markus Naslund and Toronto’s Ian White dropped the gloves for a brief fight. It was Naslund’s first fighting major since December 1993, when he squared off with Hartford’s Randy Cunneyworth during his rookie season.
- Wow, since 1993? That's almost been my entire life. -

Another long streak came to an end in the second period when Wade Redden ( Amazing isn't it? :eek: ) opened the scoring. The much-maligned defenseman beat Toskala with a long shot at 10:26, giving him his first goal in 58 games. (Only 58 games? Why that's only like the entire season so far...) Redden was one of New York’s prized offseason additions and will be one of the players Tortorella tries to spark over the final 20 games.
- Not going to lie, this really shocked me. Way to go Wade. :thumbsup: -

- So the Rangers didn't do as bad as they had been, they made it to the shootout at least, but they still aren't getting any points. These little one point games are not helping them at all. If they're going to keep losing games they had better be scoring four or five points in them, or else they can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Rangers pick up Bell off re-entry waivers

TORONTO (AP)—The New York Rangers picked up forward Mark Bell off re-entry waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday.

The rest of his $2.5 million contract will be split between the Rangers and Leafs. Bell, who played in the AHL with the Toronto Marlies this season, will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

The 28-year-old player arrived in Toronto from San Jose as part of the Vesa Toskala trade at the NHL draft in 2007. He was suspended 15 games by the league after pleading no contest to drunk driving and hit-and-run charges in California in 2007.

In 445 career games with Chicago, San Jose and Toronto, he has 87 goals and 182 points.

Last edited:
Positive and Negative Notes on New Rangers coach John Tortorella

He is trying to rebuild his team’s overall confidence level, which is what this team has been needing.

Tortorella is judging which players fit where in his system - and which ones do not fit at all. Something that is quite different from Tom Renny's aproach who switched lines to his liking. This way (hopefully) players won't be as confused about their rolls on this team,and become more involved in the game.

~ As far as line ups go - sow far we know that our fourth-liners are Blair Betts, Colton Orr, and Fredrik Sjostrom.Who worked very well in the last game.

~ Tortorella created top two defensive pairings - Wade Redden with Michal Rozsival and Marc Staal alongside Dan Girardi.

~ Over all the the guys have been agressive in the offence, keeping controll of the puck for most part of the 1st & 2nd periods.But still this team fails to put pucks in the net.

Personally, I like his style, he's more straight forward. He knows how push the guys and focuses in the areas
that the team need to work on. Honest guy. Won't give you a hug when you do well (like Renny), and won't kick you in the "can" if you don't.

Negatives

~ Rangers have only 20 games remaining in the regular season in which to secure a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

~The Rangers have lost 23 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.

~ What I am worried about is the the guys will become puppets to this guy. His theory on hockey is alright, don't get me wrong. But, knowing each players prsonality would be a better way to motivate and bring back the confidence on the ice rink........

Last edited:
^Only 20 more games? Wow, the season's went by fast!

I've actually been suprised with how "gentle" Tortorella has been with the Rangers. I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention to him when he was in Tampa, but from what I'd heard, you'd think he was going to be the anti-Christ or something. He seems to be taking a very calm route with the Rangers. Maybe it's because he knows how easy they are to bring down.
But I have seen a lot of progress in the games since he's been here. They definetely appeared more aggressive, which was a major problem. But, they still can't seem to score more than one point a game, which is a HUGE issue. Scoring goals wins games ya know. The Rangers also look like they completely lose focus when the other team scores. That may be something Tortorella is going to have to deal with very soon.

-----
Sportsnet reports that the Dallas Stars are going to place exiled forward Sean Avery on re-entry waivers as soon as Monday, and that the New York Rangers are poised to claim him.

-----
:(
The Pittsburgh Penguins traded defenseman Ryan Whitney to the Anaheim Ducks for forward Chris Kunitz and a junior prospect, less than two seasons into a six-year, $24 million contract that was supposed to make Whitney a key part of the Penguins’ future.

Whitney averaged nearly 25 minutes a game this season, his fourth with the Penguins, who picked him fifth overall in the 2002 draft. He has 34 goals and 114 assists in 253 career games with the Penguins.

Kunitz is a 29-year-old left wing, who has 16 goals and 19 assists for the Ducks. He is a plus-9 in 62 games this season.

The junior prospect, 20-year-old Eric Tangradi, is a Philadelphia-born forward. He has 38 goals and 49 assists in 52 games this season with the Belleville Bulls in the Ontario Hockey League. He is not expected to make an immediate impact with the Penguins.

SpeedyMeg25 said:
The Rangers also look like they completely lose focus when the other team scores. That may be something Tortorella is going to have to deal with very soon.

Actually, they lose focus when they are down 1 goal, in a 2-1 score game in the second period, for example. Because it harder to recover, but if that scenerio was reversed - if the other team makes a goal its not as bad.

What this team needs is to get that second goal - the 2-1 lead to soften the blow (so to speak) earlier in the game, and that a MAJOR issue now.

I'd just be happy if the Rangers could even score two goals in one game. :shifty:

I don't care (okay, yes I do, but anyway) if they lose every last one of the twenty remaining games if they'd just score three or four points in each one! None of this one or no goal crap, it is doing aboslutely nothing towards helping them.

They have only scored more then 2 goals in one game since January 27th, and that was a 5-4 win over the Capitals a few weeks a ago.

Honestly, there's really no excuse for that is there? Let's just hope they get their act together for Saturday's game.

I have been waiting so long to say this: the Rangers WON!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Actually, the Rangers dominated Colorado at 6-1!
I was watching the NHL scores on the ESPN ticker and I almost didn't believe it when it said Rangers 4 Avalanche 0. :eek: It was insane!

Just three games into his first fulltime stint behind the bench, John Tortorella guided his new club to its biggest offensive breakout of the season.
Ryan Callahan and Nikolai Zherdev scored in the first 68 seconds, and Petr Prucha and Scott Gomez also scored in New York’s second four-goal first period. New York captain Chris Drury added to the onslaught when he snapped a career-worst, 17-game goal drought with a 5-on-3 power-play tally at 4:56 of the second. Markus Naslund reached 20 goals for the 10th straight season in the third when he closed the scoring with 5:11 remaining.

The game deteriorated into a street fight in the closing minutes as several brawls delayed the inevitable ending. At 15:43, Colorado's McCormick (he actually amassed 2 roughing penalties in all of this) and Laperriere and Rangers' Sjostrom and Orr each took 2 minutes for roughing. At 17:48, Colorado's McLeod took two 2 minute roughing penalties and a 10 minute misconduct, while the Rangers' Prucha and Dubinsky both took two minutes for roughing, with Dubinsky also having a 10 minute misconduct. At 18:09, Colorado's Stewart and Rangers' Orr both got 5 minutes for fighting. At 18:31, Colorado's Laperriere got 10 minutes for misconduct. And finally, at 18:36, Rangers' Mara and Colorado's Tucker both got 5 minutes for fighting.
I'm not going to lie, it was awesome :D

The Rangers are 26-3-2 when they score at least three goals. New York snapped an 0-5-2 skid against the Avalanche, beating them for the first time since Nov. 20, 2001. The Rangers jumped two points in front of Florida into sixth place in the Eastern Conference after dropping 12 of 14 games (2-8-4).

If they can keep this up for what's left of the season, the Rangers will definetely be a major force to be reckoned with.

Rangers claim Avery off re-entry waivers
Forward returning to New York for a second tour of duty

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has acquired forward Sean Avery off re-entry waivers from the Dallas Stars.

Avery, 28, has skated in 86 career regular season games with the Rangers, collecting 23 goals and 30 assists for 53 points, along with 212 penalty minutes. The Rangers were 50-20-16 with him in the lineup, and posted a 9-13-3 record in the 25 games he did not dress. In addition, he has tallied five goals and seven assists for 12 points, along with 33 penalty minutes in 18 career post-season games with the Rangers.

Last season, he skated in 57 games with the Rangers, registering 15 goals and 18 assists for 33 points, along with 154 penalty minutes. He ranked second on the team in penalty minutes (154), sixth in plus-minus rating (plus-six) and tied for third in game-winning goals (four). He established a career-high with four game-winning goals.

Avery posted eight multiple-point performances on the season, including three two-goal efforts on February 16, 2008 vs. Buffalo, March 6, 2008 at the New York Islanders and March 18, 2008 vs. Pittsburgh. He also recorded eight points in a six-game span from November 6, 2007 at the New York Islanders to November 17, 2007 at Pittsburgh, registering two goals and six assists during the stretch. He posted two “Gordie Howe Hat Tricks” during the season, the fourth and fifth of his career, respectively, on November 10, 2007 at Toronto and February 23, 2008 at Buffalo.

In addition, Avery tallied four goals and three assists for seven points in eight post-season contests with the Rangers. He tied for second on the club in playoff goals (four), and ranked fifth on the team in playoff scoring (seven points).

Avery has appeared in 23 games with the Dallas Stars this season, registering three goals and seven assists for 10 points, along with 77 penalty minutes. He tallied four points in two games from October 25 vs. Washington to October 29 vs. Minnesota, recording one goal and three assists over the span. Avery has also skated in eight games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season, registering two goals and one assist for three points, along with eight penalty minutes following his loan to Hartford on Feb. 10.

The 5-10, 195-pounder has appeared in 402 career NHL games with the Rangers, Dallas Stars, Los Angeles Kings, and Detroit Red Wings, registering 68 goals and 109 assists for 177 points, along with 1,144 penalty minutes. In 2006-07, Avery established career-highs in games played (84), goals (18), assists (30), points (48), and shots on goal (249).

In addition, he has appeared in 117 career AHL games with Hartford, Cincinnati and Grand Rapids, registering 30 goals and 29 assists for 59 points, along with 500 penalty minutes.

- And the New York Rangers/ Sean Avery Era begins. Again....
I'm sure Martin Brodeur is thrilled that Sean's back ;)

ETA: The Rangers have placed Aaron Voros on waivers, and Pittsburgh has placed Miroslav Satan on waivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back