Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence to your sister, but the guy has millions and he still can't afford

to fix his teeth :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I find it hard to believe that "some women" think

he's attractive, to me he looks like a "cave man" playing hockey. I

wouldn't sleep with him even if he was the last species of men. GROSS!

I know. I keep saying if he'd just fix that one tooth he wouldn't look as bad. It's not like the man is broke or anything, he just signed like a 13 year, $153 million contract didn't he? ;) In an interview, Brooks Laich told Alex he looked like the Geico cave man.

But she has always had a weird taste in men. I mean, she doesn't think Henrik Lundqvist is cute at all! :lol: I told her there was no way she is my twin.

Ovechkin is kind of funny though...

Last edited:
In an interview, Brooks Laich told Alex he looked like the Geico cave man.

OMG....That's hilarious!!!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Even a another man agrees :eek::eek::eek:
So Its not just me. WOW. OUCH!

But she has always had a weird taste in men. I mean, she doesn't think Henrik Lundqvist is cute at all! :lol: I told her there was no way she is my twin.

Yeah, I don't exactly agree, he's definatly cute. So are some of his other Sweedish team mates;). I think Fredrik Sjostrom, and another guy who's not in the team now. They all played together in SWE, Freddie and Henrik go way back.

Youre a twin?:confused::confused::confused: Or is that just an expression?

Yeah, I don't exactly agree, he's definatly cute. So are some of his other Sweedish team mates;). I think Fredrik Sjostrom, and another guy who's not in the team now. They all played together in SWE, Freddie and Henrik go way back.

Yeah, I think that half of the team is adorable: Zherdev, Betts, Callahan, Dubinsky, Orr, Sjostrom is okay, and Staal is okay but I like his brother Jordan better :lol:

And yes, I really am a twin :)

Dubinsky( so cute, baby face), and Orr, and Voros (those last two are

fighters, I like that ;))

There are 4 STAAL brothers Jordan, Eric, Marc,and Jared. I always

confuse Eric and Jordan - they could be called twins. seriously. They are

cute. I think Eric married. I remember in an interview they talked about

being in a hotel for a bachelor party.Or something. I could be wrong.

A twin,huh. I see so I guess its a pattern. A twin who likes twins, well

hockey twins, who are guys:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Don't mind me, I'm just lost:lol:.

So what type of twins are you? Identical, fraternal? If its ok for me to

ask.......

Funny thing is aparently everybody has a twin. I've been told that I look like someone they know. But I just think its weird. I like being the only COPY. LOL:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Jordan and Eric do look a lot alike. I think it's because they both have the blonde hair, Marc looks out of place with them since his is red. ;) Can't say I've ever really looked at Jared though. And yes, Eric was married in 2007.

I am a fraternal twin, so we really don't look very much alike besides the fact that we're both tall. Even though she's still a lot taller than I am. But people still get us mixed up :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL:lol: Yeah Jared and Marc look outta place, in looks. Eric and Jordan are like twins. I know they all play hockey, but what about Jared? I always wondered where is he at....but anyway.........

Being a twin is prob very cool. You can play tricks on ppl, ya know. Switch.Or change classes during tests. Yeah. This prob y I'm not a twin:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Yeah, Christmas break for NY Rangers for the rest of us too. I wonder what their up to? Or maybe I shouldn't ask........my bad:devil:

According to Eric's bio on the Hurricanes team page: "His youngest brother, Jared, was drafted in the second round of the 2008 Draft by Phoenix." So I guess we'll be seeing him in the near future.

I would not want my sister to change classes with me because she would fail me. Sad but true :lol:

I would like to know what all of the Rangers are getting for Christmas....;) What would you get someone like that?

Last edited:
Alrighty, lets shake this thread!!!!

Here are the NHL : Eastern Conference Standings 08'/09.

1.New York Rangers 37 22 12 3 47 100 99 12-6-2 10-6-1 5-4-1
2.Philadelphia Flyers 35 19 9 7 45 123 109 12-4-3 7-5-4 7-2-1
3.Pittsburgh Penguins 35 19 12 4 42 114 102 8-6-2 11-6-2 4-6-0
4.New Jersey Devils 33 19 11 3 41 99 85 11-7-1 8-4-2 6-3-1
5.New York Islanders 35 11 21 3 25 87 125 6-9-2 5-12-1 1-8-1

Northeast GP W L OT Pts GF GA Home Away L10

7.Boston Bruins 34 25 5 4 54 126 77 13-1-1 12-4-3 9-1-0
8.Montréal Canadiens 33 18 9 6 42 98 86 11-4-4 7-5-2 5-3-2
9.Buffalo Sabres 35 16 14 5 37 99 101 9-8-2 7-6-3 5-3-2
10.Toronto Maple Leafs 35 14 15 6 34 110 126 6-6-4 8-9-2 5-5-0
11.Ottawa Senators 32 12 15 5 29 77 89 9-6-3 3-9-2 4-5-1

Southeast GP W L OT Pts GF GA Home Away L10

12.Washington Capitals 36 22 11 3 47 116 108 14-1-1 8-10-2 8-2-0

13.Carolina Hurricanes 36 17 14 5 39 95 108 9-8-1 8-6-4 5-2-3
14.Florida Panthers 34 16 13 5 37 85 89 8-4-3 8-9-2 6-2-2
15.Atlanta Thrashers 35 12 19 4 28 105 130 6-10-2 6-9-2 4-5-1
16.Tampa Bay Lightning 34 9 16 9 27 78 104 3-6-6 6-10-3 3-6-1

New York Rangers are still #1, with 37 points; even though they lost to Washington Capitals (who are leading the Western Conference). Rangers have an all important game tonight against New Jersy Devils, last game (2 weeks ago) they tied the game, and tonight its payback ! Good luck Boys! I'll be cheering you on tonight! LETS GO RANGERS!!

Toronto Make Beliefs -*COUGH* exuse me, Toronto Maple Leafs are # 10, and with any luck will drop down to #11(with their bottom buddies the Ottawa Senators) They lost any chance of winning since Mats Sundin left for Vancouver. Luckily the Canadian team in Junior Championships is the only thing that will earase shame of Toronto Maple(Make) (Beliefs)Leafs loosing to New York Islanders 4 - 1.

Speaking of Mats Sundin, his first practice with Vancouver Canucks is on Tuesday. He's not even in U.S.!,
he's havin' fun in Sweeden. And the deal isn't tottaly sealed either. Which in my opinion shows just how commited he is to his new team, has he cared at all he would have flew in earlier and had his first practice this week, not next week. Canucks can use a guy like Sundin on their team right about now, to hopefully uplift the team a bit.

Last edited:
We're number one, we're number one! :beer:
Gotta celebrate something after their last, ahem, game.
Let's hope they do better tonight.

So Sundin starts practice on Tuesday huh. Well, it'll be interesting to see how Vancouver and Toronto do with/without him. I don't know a whole lot about him, so no predictions here.

"Make Beliefs"? Haha, that's funny. I've never heard that before.
Sorry Toronto fans :lol:

Let me introduce some stats on Mats Sundin:

Mats Johan Sundin is a Swedish professional ice hockey player with the Vancouver Canucks of the National

Hockey League (NHL). He most recently played for the Toronto Maple Leafs where, at the end of the 2007–08

NHL season, he had been the second-longest active serving captain in the NHL, behind Joe Sakic of the

Colorado Avalanche, and the longest serving non-North American born captain in NHL history.Sundin began his

career with the Quebec Nordiques and was traded to the Leafs in 1994.

~ Sundin has scored at least 70 points every year. He has played at least 70 games in every full length NHL
season of his career, and has led the Leafs in points in every year he has been with the team except 2002-03.

~ Sundin has won three IIHF World Championships with Sweden in 1991, 1992 and 1998. Sundin finally clinched a gold medal with Team Sweden in the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin.

With Our NYR goalie, by the way! And a few other Sweedes on our team.

Currently holds the NHL record for most regular season overtime goals (15, shared with Jaromir Jagr and Patrick Elias)

Ranked 22nd all time in career goals (555)

Ranked 34th all time in career assists (766)

Ranked 30th all time in career points (1321)

First European hockey player to be drafted first overall in the NHL Entry Draft (1989 by the Quebec Nordiques)

Longest serving European captain of an NHL franchise in league history

First Swedish player to reach the 500 goal milestone

Most career points, goals and assists by a Swedish hockey player

Fastest overtime goal (6 seconds, tied with Alexander Ovechkin and David Legwand)

Only Swedish player to reach 1000 points

Awarded the "Mark Messier Leadership Award" in 2008.

(For those who don't know Mark Messier, he played for the Rangers (he wore #11) - NYR on the stanley Cup

93'/94. He was major hockey figure in his time. Now retired.)

The list goes on, but as you can see he's quite on fast track in the NHL. His stats are quite amazing.

You can view the rest of his profile here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mats_Sundin.

Last edited:
^^^Thanks for all of the statistics on Sundin.
Some very impressive stuff from him over the years, but I would assume that age may be a factor with him now?
Oh well, he's not our problem...

Rangers lost though. :wtf: To New Jersey 4-2!
I was hoping that they would get better than their last devasting and humiliating loss and actually win this time but they didn't.
But Dawes scored another goal, which puts him up to 5 now, and Kalinin got his first goal while Potter got his first assist on said goal. So that's rather good though.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should have asked Santa for a Rangers win for Christmas...
:lol:

I like your new icon by the way, very nice ;)

Last edited:
HAHA:lol:.....Yeah he's 37. He's reaching that "retirement age". And he prob wats to make a few bucks ( more like 10 million dollars) before that happens :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

As for the Rangers, this is the first time I don't want to comment.
I'd ask Santa for a hockey stick so I can go over there and wack em' with it. :lol::lol::lol: Sheesh.

CandyCane said:
I like your new icon by the way, very nice ;)

Thanks. I got into a hockey spirit (until it was crushed last night).

Watched "Miracle" last night. OMG. So f*:censored: Awsome. I never get tired of watching it. I was Cheering team USA - its crazy.
# 30 is HOTT:devil: ( if my photobucket worked I would have brought pics:()
Anywayz........last night wasn't that bad after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back