Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG SUNDIN IS A CANUCK :hugegrin:!!!!!

I know typing in caps is frowned upon, but words cannot express how pumped I am. The greatest Christmas gift ever came a week earlier!

Wtf...? He still playing.. isnt' he like..a hundred years old? :lol: :lol:

I have to say my NHL season is bit..dark. Haven't checked results so often... followed our own leauge and CHL more, since those have been quite interesting.

Personnaly, I'm glad Sudin issue is over. And I can *sigh* in relief that he

is not joining the Rangers. Good Luck with CANUCKS! HA -NOT!:lol:

He would have not fit in with the Rangers line up, with the players.

Since he is Canadain guy he has no busines in New York. Period.

In other Hockey News, Rangers got a game tommorow against a good

team the San Jose Sharks, 20 Dec 11:30pm. Other teams tried to take

them down but failed. So Rangers fans get a good day nap - and get

ready to rumble!

Other news, I'm not a fan of this team but it still matters DALLAS STARS

- I can't believe no one in this thread spoke about AVERY!:wtf: For

thosoe who missed it - Before the game in Calgary Sean Avery made a

comment about his ex dating Phenueof (sp?). Calling her "Sloppy seconds".

Everyone was otraged by his comments. A lot people called out on his

behaviour. His teammates wanted to have nothing to do with him and

wanted him OUT! Who can blame them, right?

But of course, knowing Sean and his usual, everyone know that was done on purpose

to amp up the game, so to speak. But the he guys at the NHL League did not take it lightly - and as

punishment - suspended Avery for 6 games. In which time he was to take anger managment program.

Emberrasment, scrutiny, media attention surrouded the DALLAS STARS for quite a while, but the players were

fed up with Avery, and enforsed that he should not play- a lot of people agreed. Later Avery apologized, but

no one took that seriously either. Redemption was not granted. As of today Sean Avery has no future with the

DALLAS STARS nor any other team in the NHL. However, they have a contract which they must honor,

meaning they could either pay him out or send him to Europe and pay a "fee" for breaking the contract.

In our world we call that Karma - what goes around comes around. And his bad behaviour got him into deep

trouble this time with no one to bail him out. Except for Brett Hull who has surprisingly been nice to Sean after

he let his team down, the entire organization, Hull himself as a friend (who took Avery under his wing), and

as a coach. So, a lesson is learned - hopefully.

More on DALLAS STARS which lightly related to Rangers - Joel Lundqvist is BACK! Identical twin brother of

Henrik Lundqvist of the New Yor Rangers (goalie). The defenceman sat out 21 games due to a shoulder

injury, and last night he was back with the DALLAS STARS to play against Blue Jackets. And they won,

Lundqvist making assists. As well as fellow DALLAS STAR - Ott was back from his injury.

Last edited:
I saw where Joel Lundqvist was back. I didn't actually know that he was out, but I'm glad he's feeling better and playing again. We can't have half of the Lundqvist twins gone now can we! ;)

I always meant to mention something about Avery but never did it.
I guess that shows how important I think he is :rolleyes:
When he first got into all this trouble I thought- 1. it was only a matter of time, and 2. thank goodness he does not play for the Rangers anymore!

Then when I saw that he was to take anger management classes, I laughed. :lol: For some reason I don't feel that they will do him any good. I could be wrong, that's just what I think. I also think that his career in the NHL is over. Who's going to want him if he's always running his mouth and getting himself into trouble? Unless these classes really do help him...

Last edited:
I guess Its safe to say that you skipped the post to the end part.:guffaw:
Never a dull moment.LOL:lol:

I knew you'd love that part thats why I save the best for last. And bring

up the rest for the heck of it. Its a Hockey thread afterall, right?;):p

I should own my own column in the Sports section of the paper. And write for New York and the Lundqvist brothers. LOL:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
Haha, I just saw where it said Avery and skipped down to the next part.
I don't particularily care for him a whole lot if you couldn't tell.

I want to be a reporter on the Lundqvists, that would be so amazing! :p

Here's tibit that I'm sure you'll like about tonight's game:

"Lundqvist and his teammates will be facing not only one of the true elite

teams in the National Hockey League this evening, but a team that is

looking for redemption after suffering its worst loss of the season -- 6-0

at the hands of the Red Wings -- in its most recent match on Thursday.

In fact the Sharks, who lead the NHL with an amazing 25-4-3 record and

53 points,have dropped two in a row as they also were defeated by the

Blue Jackets 2-1 in overtime on Wednesday." NYRangers.com.

So the Rangers lost again, 3-2 to the Sharks, but they actually did much better than I thought they were going to.

The San Jose Sharks, the NHL's No. 1 team this season, found out how resilient the Rangers are on Saturday night, as they jumped out to an early 2-0 lead but then barely held on for a 3-2 win behind 32 saves from star goaltender Evgeni Nabokov.

Goals by Callahan and Zherdev, along with some amazing saves by Lundqvist
Guess I can't complain too much since the Rangers almost beat the #1 team. When did San Jose get so good?

In other hockey news, poor Patrice Bergeron :(
The guy misses most of last season with a concussion and a broken nose and now he gets hurt in almost the same way again. Here's hoping he's A-okay and only misses a few games instead of all of them. Cause he's just so adorable ;)

Last edited:

Since he is Canadain guy he has no busines in New York. Period .

Um, I'm pretty sure Sundin is Swedish & not Canadian.

Since he is Canadain guy he has no busines in New York. Period .

Um, I'm pretty sure Sundin is Swedish & not Canadian.

I know that he's Sweedish, but he seems to feel very loyal to Canada. Thats why I said what I said.

Since he is Canadain guy he has no busines in New York. Period.

Now I don't think you meant this the way it is but I'm Canadian and I take offense to this comment. What you need to remember is that there are still probably more Canadians in the National Hockey League than there are Americans or Europeans. I'm going to ask you to please respect any player no matter what their nationality may be.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

For the record: I do not have anything against Sundin. Or Canada, maybe

just where hockey is conserned. Hockey like any other sport has its

politics. Thats all it is.

Awww... seriously discussion. I feel that way about every Swedish player... just want to poke 'em with stick.

Oh well.. Poor Selänne, cut his leg with his own skate :(

AS for Avery - HAHA! I guess he learns something from this... hopefully.

Happy Birthday Scottie Gomez! You're the big 2-9 today! But actually, it's not such a happy birthday afterall, because you lost.
5-3 for the Capitals :(

The game started out in crazyness! Naslund scored, which doesn't happen too often. Then Rozsival had just scored and I was still in the midst of singing the goal song with the people in the background when Callahan scored! It only had to be like 10 seconds later, I didn't even make it to the first "let's go Rangers" in the song! :lol: And Callahan scored again and we were doing so good.

The defense however, seemed to kind of give up in the second and third periods. I told the Rangers to just keep the puck away from Alex Ovechkin and they'd do fine. About that time, Ovie got the puck and scored. And then they scored again, and again. I was wrapping Christmas presents when Ovechkin scored and tied the game. I threw the scissors I was holding and yelled "I swear God, Stupid Alex!" :rolleyes: The "swear God" part is something stupid Ovie said one time.
But apparently hockey is a safety hazard...

I thought it was safe to do stuff again when they went into overtime, but then Washington scored again, and won, and I threw a pen. And cursed. Trust me, that's a big deal, I never curse. :scream: So obviously I am not a happy camper right now, 1. because we screwed up and lost and 2. because now I have to hear it from my sister because she thinks Ovechkin is "dreamy" :rolleyes:

Oh, I had no idea it was Gomerz B -Day. Happy Birthday Scott!:thumbsup:

I didn't watch the game. But Wow.........I heard Callahan scored twice.

And "Nazzi" was out there too. Honestly, I can't say I blame em' for givin'

up. Washington made a lot of goals in the begining - thanks to

Ovechkin...ekkk:wtf:.

If I were on our team this would be my plan : give Alex a penalty -that

way he sits out for 2 min, that buys us enough time to make at least 1

goal. Set him up for a penalty, or "body slam" the guy, anything to get him

off the ice. I know its sound bad - but I've seen hockey players get away

with worse, and not get 1 min in the box. Desperate times call for

despirate measures. All I can say.

No offence to your sister, but the guy has millions and he still can't afford

to fix his teeth :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I find it hard to believe that "some women" think

he's attractive, to me he looks like a "cave man" playing hockey. I

wouldn't sleep with him even if he was the last species of men. GROSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back