Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

oh i agree! ok back in 2002, when canada was doing good in the hockey i brought an ancient walkman to school to listen to the games on cbc radio....i was getting offers from guys to borrow my walkman (because they thought a girl would take money over hockey)...hehe offers got to like 10$ for just a period of the game, but there was no way i was giving it up :) oh and my male english prof was very interested in my paper about hockey, same with my highschool LA teacher when i did a different paper about hockey.

my brother made the mistake of not listening to me when he asked me who to take in his hockey pool at work a couple of years ago because his male friends contradicted his sisters advice. lets just say if he had listened to me, he wouldve made it a lot further :lol:

and yeah it is great when my friends boyfriends first get to watch games with me...theyre shocked that i know so much about the game, its hilarious. :lol: :D

2. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

well we have the first sweep of the playoffs, and Eddie will be happy. :lol: the NY Rangeres beat the Thrashers. I feel bad because for some odd reason I've always liked Atlanta. :lol:

3. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

In this town you can not be open with cheering for the Flames the only way you could is if you have a death wish :lol:

THe Flames are winning!?!?!?!?!? OMG tthats great!!!!!!!!bout time im cheering for a team that might actually win LOL GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!

*EDIT*
    Im listioning to the Flames game right now! any one else?

4. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

The game is on at my place!! Hopefully some celebrating tonight!!
    If they win this game, it'll tie the series.. and I can breathe a little easier :lol:
    Did anyone catch Conroy's goal?! amazing!
    GO FLAMES GO!

ETA: YAY!! WIN FOR THE FLAMES!!series now tied 2-2 :D

5. ModernDayDrifter

Im listioning to the game and i missed most of the 1st period.

Sure hope they win! Canadain team should have the cup specialy one frm my provance!!!! :lol:

*EDIT*
    FLAMES WINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *party* lol Flames are on there way up YAAAHOOOOO!!!!!

6. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

*sings* "another one bites the dust" *stops singing* :lol:

ok so im just go on about other teams...*cough* Go Wings Go! *cough*

so the Wild were eliminated tonight, the Ducks move on, I swear that is the loudest I've ever heard the fans in Anaheim...and yeah I have been to a game there. When I was, there were more fans cheering for the Oilers than the Ducks that night (in Anaheim), it was great!

oh and who wants to bet that Sid the Kid will be playing for Canada at the World's now that the Pens have been eliminated?

*edited because apparently i can't spell :lol:

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

My Penguins lost 4th time :( Oh well... Ducks continue, it's a good thing.

At least we got to the playoffs this year :rolleyes:

8. ModernDayDrifter

Id say Oiler fans are probably the loudest fans in the NHL!! heck they get sooo loud u cant even hear the announcer over the radio.LOl when i watch games or listion to them im screeming LOL.I find Oilers fans very dedicated(sp?) I named my black lab pup after the oilers lol hes called Oilslick lol goofy i know but every1 here loves it and i think its cute lol

DID I READ THAT RIGHT?!?!? Shelbers you cheering for the Wings omg lol you really dont wana cheer for the Flames.As hard as it is for me to do im sure gona do it lol
    And if the FLames get takin out its GO CANUCKS GO! I just really wana see a Canadian team get the cup!!
    Does any1 know who and when the last Canadian team got the cup??

9. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol, yeah in that series i am cheering for the wings - but am cheering for the sens and nucks so its all good!! lmao :)

the last canadian team to win the cup was in 93 and it was the habs (aka the montreal canadiens).

back to Raging4Ryan's comment (love your dog's name btw!!) about Oilers fans being loud.....its so true! My friends and I always yell at the screen/radio when listening or watching games and when we're in Rexall, well its really loud. I remember watching an Oilers/Sens PPV game back in February and the game was being played in Ottawa. I guess there were a lot of Oiler fans there because Comrie (former Oiler, now a Senator) was getting booed everytime he touched the puck and it got louder as the game went on!

10. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Montreal in '93...and before that from 1984-1990 it stayed in Canada :)

I'm not really that knowlegeable, I found the info here: Stanley Cup Champs- NHL.com :lol: :D

ETA: and I see Shelbers beat me to it :)

11. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

Ok new stat here - that I had to look up because a) im just that much of a hockey freak, b) it was asked over on the Canadian thread, and c) i was bored :lol:

Anaheim has the most Canadians on its roster with 20 followed closely by Tampa with 17, then Calgary and Dallas each with 15.
    *Not counting the teams that have already been eliminated (Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Minnesota)

12. ModernDayDrifter

Oiler fans are the loudest in the NHL!!!

Shelbers as to ur thing on Canadain players on American teams,most of the teams maybe American but the players are Canadian lol P.S. thanks I like the name Oilslick to i think its cute! if ya want i can pm ya pic of him.

Thanks guys for tellin me who the last Canadian team was :D

13. Ducky

First about U18... USA kicked Canada's ass :eek: Has Canada been ..like...ever.. out of the final in U18? :eek: I'm glad Sweden didn't get to final :p we sucked this year, were 7th :rolleyes:

Then NHL... bwahaha, Islanders is out :p And then we get K. Timonen to World CHamp (hopefully) from Nashville :D

14. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol well some say that that usa win was payback for canada kickin their asses in the WOrld Juniors (we took gold in a shootout). and canada will play sweden for bronze (or at least i think its sweden) :confused:

ok so for worlds canada now gets 2 staal brothers :D but no sid the kid because he was/is hurt. and no ryam smyth because of a hurt knee :( still looking like a good team though! one week left till worlds start :D

ok back to the stanley cup....wings totally kicked calgarys ass today :D went out for drinks with some flames fans tonight and started talking about it. i got this as a response: "don't get me started on the crappy play today, i'll have to drink more!" lol, gotta love mad flames fans :p woulda liked the nucks to win but maybe next game.

Raging4Ryan, a pic would be awesome! lol....and yeah, oilers fans are the loudest in the league.....now lets just hope the tradition continues in the WHL with the OilKings next season! :lol:

15. Ducky

Oh, it was U20 where Canada has kicked some ass, not U18 :D And yes, it's Sweden.

I hope Tampa gets kicked out :rolleyes: And Wings as well :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.