Hill Harper/Sheldon Hawkes #2: He's Got Panties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why they have to announce to the world that they are dating. It is, after all, no one else's business but their own ;)

The movie Premium seems to be in very limited release. I couldn't even find it playing anywhere near Washington, DC (Chocolate City, indeed). Here's a plot summary that I found on imdb.com:

Reginald "Cool" Coolidge is a struggling actor, fed up with taking stereotypical African American roles and waiting for his big break in a legitimate production. Until this time comes, he works at his mother's boyfriend's gas station to repay him for covering his college tuition. One day at the station, his ex-fiancée - and one true love - reappears at the pumps after 3 years of silence. Cool discovers that it is 36 hours until her wedding to a local lawyer. As Cool embarks on last-ditch attempts to win her back, he takes on the biggest "role" of his life while also learning the secret to mastering his craft.

Sounds very interesting; I hope they put it out in wider release soon. I never did get to see Constellation before I left on my trip. I guess I have to wait for it on DVD.

I'd say I'll have to be on the look out for The Premium, but if it's not released in LA, there's no prayer of it coming to Sacramento anytime soon. Netflix is a great source for locating Hill's movies once they hit DVD though.

Hey Guys

Mrs. Hawkes, and I use that term loosely....You are a liar. I know for a fact that Hill and Gabrielle are not dating. Stop making rumors and lies up just so you can feel good about yourself. Before you start to lie again, I must tell you that I am heavily involved in public relations out here in LA and have connections to both of them and I"m not telling you anymore, BUT when I tell you I know the truth about Gabrielle and Hill, I do...They're just friends! By the way, you got that info, which is a lie from a gossip Web site called "Walk Taken".....you didn't have any friends who saw anything in Vegas. Also, you should know that Hill and Gabrielle didn't stay together at the Bellagio. I"m not telling you how I know that either. You should also know that Hill and Gabrielle weren't seen together until the big game....which is where friends usually do meet up. This is Hollywood, and we talk, especially about the people we represent.

Wow, stong words. I dont know ANYBODY, but I dont see all the charades as really necessary. He photographs all the time with women who are his friends, I dont think seeing them together in LV says anything other than what he says in his book, she is his friend. For anybody who has a sincere platonic male friend, its the absolute best in the world. Where everyone else sees "romance", the two friends see exactly what it is the BEST FRIEND EVER. However, I do know that Premium is a hard movie to find. On You Tube there is a short interview approx 7 min that has some clips. Constellation is playing in more cities so its been much easier to locate. May have to wait for Premium on DVD.

AmbersDream said:
Hey Guys
Hey Amber, welcome back.

Mrs. Hawkes, and I use that term loosely....You are a liar.
Alright, now that I've welcomed you back, let me take a moment to give you a little reprimand. Calling other members names is simply not to be tolerated.

The rest of your post was great. That's helpful information. Although in an ideal world we'd avoid discussing the actor's personal lives and just stick to their work, there have been rumors about Hill and Gabrielle tossed around in here. If you have some direct knowledge to the contrary, please by all means share that. I'm sure actors appreciate it when people are able to help stop rumors from circulating. However, you don't need to outright call someone a liar just because you have contradictory information. You can simply state your case without being rude.

But thank you for sharing that with us and I hope we see more of you.

AmbersDream, I do agree with Ebonygirl, those were VERY strong words you used against me. Since you feel differently about what was told to me, the polite thing you could have said was, "I know differently..." or "possibly what you were told might not have been totally correct.." I am not making things up or spreading rumors about him. I did not see it first hand, some friends told me who were in LV for that weekend. Secondly, I do not need to make things up to feel good about myself. AmbersDream you did not have to attack my character by saying what you said. I DO NOT go on the internet and get info about Hill and post it here. It is not in my nature to spread rumors about Hill. I too am a big fan of his. PLEASE let's be courteous and civil here. Thank you Mrs. Giovinazzo for your intervention. Hope everyone enjoys CSI NY tomorrow!

Hello Mrs. G ;)

I didn't mean to attack this young lady's character, BUT, it is what it is, and she was lying. Ok, being untruthful and spreading rumors.

Mrs. Hawkes....I"m seriously wondering about your character....someone who has a good one doesn't go on message boards and spread "untruths" about people. If I"m taking this personal, it's because I have a reason and it's just not fair or right. Stop the insanity! :lol: Then you said it wasn't in your nature to spread rumors.....what exactly did you think you were doing??

I don't think that mrshawkes intent was to deliberately spread untruths about anyone. This was a part of a larger discussion about someone that we all like, admire, and respect. That said, it is very easy for speculation and rumor to be incorrect and I would caution against bringing up any talk about Hill's personal life for just that reason.

MrsG, I already started looking for both Premium and Constellation on Netflix. Hopefully both movies will be out before the end of the year and I can indulge in some Hill goodness. With plenty of drool.

edited so I can be more artikewlit.

That said, it is very easy for speculation and rumor to be incorrect and I would caution against talking about any talk about Hill's personal life for just that reason.
Exactly. Hill's relationships, be they friendship or otherwise, aren't any of my business. But more than anything, I don't want this to derail the thread, which happened last time we had an argument between members in here. Hill only has one thread on this board, and we owe it to him to keep it moving and show our support. :)

I need to look into Netflix. There are so many movies and shows that I can't see around here...

FYI...According to a local Hollywood Video store, "Premium" should be relased on DVD the last week of March 2007. They did not have a release date for "Constallation."

Ooh cant wait. They both look like excellent films. I've been following the reviews and one for Constellation said it was difficult to follow the storyline because of so many characters or something like that, but I think it makes for a good movie and helps me pay attention. Thanx for the FYI. And I would like to ditto Faylinn, lets keep it light and upbuilding. Only serious when it comes to the man who inspired the thread.

AmbersDream said:
Mrs. Hawkes....I"m seriously wondering about your character....someone who has a good one doesn't go on message boards and spread "untruths" about people. If I"m taking this personal, it's because I have a reason and it's just not fair or right. Stop the insanity! :lol: Then you said it wasn't in your nature to spread rumors.....what exactly did you think you were doing??

I'm getting really tired of your attitude. This is the second time you've come to this board insulting people you don't agree with. Knock it off or find somewhere else to post.

----

On topic...wasn't Hill great last night? I loved his exchange with Flack in the magic store! :D These two have some serious potential as a comedic duo.

Top41 said:
On topic...wasn't Hill great last night? I loved his exchange with Flack in the magic store! :D These two have some serious potential as a comedic duo.

That was the absolute highlight of the episode for me. Those two with their exchange. I loved your assessment of "the sophisticated doctor and the urbane cop" exchanging comments that Danny or Stella (or even Mac) would have gone along with. The opposite-ness (sorry, haven't had the caffeine yet) of these two make them perfect comedic foils to each other.

On the other hand, Hill is becoming more and more severely under-utilized as an actor in favor of the travesty that is Anna Belknap. There was some discussion during our online chat last night about whether his other obligations/activities have meant that his filming on the show has been curtailed. I wonder if he's fixing to leave the show if Hawkes isn't better developed?

^I do think Flack and Hawkes are great foils for each other! There's kind of a friendly rivalry that could be built upon.

And yes, I hate to see Hawkes (or Flack) under-developed in favor of Lindsay. Hill does seem to have a lot of outside pursuits, but I can't imagine that if they wrote great storylines for Hawkes, he wouldn't be willing to invest the time in them. Hill seems very invested in everything he does, including playing Hawkes! I just wish they'd give him more to work with on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back