HC/DC's Thread #10 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand Up?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Re: Horatio's Thread #5 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand

I like these pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Very nice katpin. :)

MD, Ducky love the new avvies. Nice sideburn shot of H and poor Jessop. May he rest in peace. :(

*is not impressed at all with Ann D's decision to kill off Jessop*

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

Yeah, I guessed maybe that was what he was trying to say, but I wasn't totally sure. I tried to catch the dates on the grave stone (I should've paused it to check I got them correctly), and think I worked it out that Raymond was in his early 30s when he died. I might not have read it right though, so if anyone could clarify that... :confused:

Yeah, I can see that sort of relationship between these two. Alexx is mature, and has responsibility of children, as well as (like you say) she is probably the second eldest in the team behind Horatio, and the fact that she isn't so involved with him and the rest of the team maybe gives that bit of distance that makes H comfortable for him to open up to her more than he would than, say Calleigh or Speed. I thought this was a really nice little scene at the end to set up the audience's first taster of H's past.

Lovely pics everyone! :D Wow, those are some mighty fine shots of our H :eek: Keep the waves of H Hotness coming, folks! :cool:

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Aww, katpin :D those are good pics. Even tho... with the 2nd one I alyways think line "let's prey..." :lol:

And yeah, I had such a great scap of Jessop so I thought I make a screencap. It was so wrong to kill him :( He could come back as Officer Ramirez :D

So togoholic, I shall sob with you :mad:

5. Lucy

We should start a campaign to bring back Officer Ramirez! :D

wibble, Ray's tombstone is one of Ducky's favourite subjects. ;) The dates are different on the dvd to the dates on the original tv episode I believe. On the dvd, the dates are:

Oct 24 1968 - March 18 2001, so Ray was 32 when he 'died'.

6. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Yeah I'll be with you, I really liked Jessop from his first scene! When he worked with Cal in 'The Oath', bring back Ramerez Jessops sneaky twin ;)

I agree pusher it really is his emotions and character that draw me to H, you can see his emotions so clearly in his face and eyes, when he is happy, hurting angry, DC does this really well I think, this is why it is very sad that they are messing with his character so much!
    We want the real H back :mad:

Ah of course I also helps, that he is not bad on the eyes either ;)

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

:eek: Did someone mention Ray's tombstone!? :eek:

*sobs*

Actually, in my season 1 dvd box date is still 1993 :p

So basicly it's just one big mess. HEre's the proof. (warning, it's complicated)
    Tombstone it was year 1993 -> changed to March 2001 on dvd
    Card (I think in Camp Fear) -> 1998 (don't remember the date)
    Big Brother -> Ray's casefile Sep 2001

In "Big Brother" Suzie says Ray died before she could tell about Madison. It was aired 2003, so since they are going in "real time" Madison had been born/Ray died in 1999/2000 or Ray had really slow sperm :p

With the new evidence (hee!) H has been in Miami for 10 years. And Calleigh was said to be CSI for 10 years and Calleigh said Ray died when she was still a newbie. So that would make Ray "die" in 1995/1996

*takes a deep breath* It made sense didn't it? :D

8. wibble

wibble Corpse

^^^ Whoa! Had no idea they messed with these dates so much :eek:

So basically, Raymond died some time between 1993 and 2001? :p Wow, these writers certainly believe in continuity, don't they? :lol:

Humph. Actually, it is a bit irritating really that they do not bother to work these things out properly. If I was writing the show, I would've sat down and planned everything out with all the characters on the show, their background (friends, families, etc.), particularly dates of things that happened in their pasts, before I even started filming the first season. I wouldn't expect everything to be spot on, like exact dates, but at least have everything in terms of the year they happened and leave it that way. Otherwise it implies lack of thought on the writers behalf, though most importantly, make everything less believable for the audience.

But maybe that's just me - I'm usually a very organised person, so that's probably why I think that :lol:

Hoping to watch 'Forced Entry' later today :)

9. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

:lol: :lol:

The dates are so messed up and what a surprise that none of the crew, writers, actors, producers, whoever mention it and care to fix it.

And this one should go to the bloopers thread too. :lol:

10. Lucy

Indeed - and this is just scratching the surface wibble. There are more instances of the writers presuming that the audience is a bit dumb really, and that we don't notice these things. I don't want to spoil you, but there is a major admittance by one of the writers (I think Liz Devine) in one of the Season 3 audio commentaries that is nothing short of alarming! :eek: I can't say what it is, as it could spoil things for you. Let's just say there's a major plot development in the future, and the writers struggled to remember how they wrote a particular storyline! :rolleyes:

11. wibble

wibble Corpse

Oh dear - that's pretty appalling to be quite honest! :eek:

And I actually thought you had to be clever and creative to write shows like CSI...silly me! :lol: I think these writers for Miami should be fired and sent back to school until they grasp the concepts of 'chronology' and 'continuity' :lol: in particular, Ann Donahue, following the fiasco that was S4.

Well, I will look out for that mistake when I get to season 3 ;)

Incidentally, that reminds me - the first half of season 3 is released on region 2 dvd in the UK next Monday! Whoo! :D And Horatio is on the front, looking hot as usual :cool: Not sure I will get it straight away though - I think I will wait a while until it has come down in price (aside from the fact that I also have another 1 and a half seasons to get through first :lol: ).

12. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Yeah they have changed the bios so often it is silly, it may just have been better to write a whole detailed character description first then they wouldn't have to keep adding and forgetting what they have done :rolleyes:

Looking forward to your thoughts on 'Forced entry' Wibs and more season one H pics :D

13. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

Hey All,(coming out of lurking for just a moment)

I love all the pics of Horatio. Wow is this man not hot. Question is it kosher for a Horatio and Marisol fan to peek her head into this thread? Horatio has always been one of my favorite characters on the show. I can't wait to see what other pictures you guys post.

Take Care,
    Dayna

14. Lucy

Hi catwarfan and of course you are welcome here. :) We try not to get too deep into shipping territory in the H thread, as we all have different opinions about who we like H with (or not with in some cases!). It's always much better to discuss his relationships in Shipper Central, and that way, we can all be happy H fans here together, and no-one gets upset or defensive. ;)

15. wibble

wibble Corpse

Hey catwarfan! Nice to see you in here! :)

Don't worry about being a H and Marisol fan - we welcome and respect all fans in here ;)

As for the pictures, glad you are enjoying them all :D Yeah, I definitely agree, H is one hot guy! :cool: I've only recently started watching Miami, though already H is my fav character (though I like the others too) :D

And I'm sure you'll never find a lack of H pics around this thread ;) Hope you come out from lurking more often :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.