"Gum Drops" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 15, 2005.

1. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

For sure, the writers always knew GE was capable of pulling off dramatic, emotional storylines, they just didn't realize 1)He could do it without being the victim, and 2)He could do the subtle moments equally well, if given the chance - ie. some continuity to his previous ordeals. :rolleyes: But apparently all that is going to change this season: we've already gotten two very juicy post-"Grave Danger" continuity scenes, and now "Gum Drops" will put Nick under the spotlight without having him be the victim, for once.

The promo makes it look like Sara is going to be the one to talk to Nick about his emotional involvement, which got me thinking, since Nick and Warrick are supposed to be sharing a room and all, what do you think Warrick will have to say about the whole thing?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

it makes perfect sense that its Nick who takes over the Grissom story. Not only is emotionally unstable right now (which is totally justified) the idea of someone being missing, of still being a live, does mirror the season finale somewhat.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

ya i just hope this eppi is gonna be the best one so far and last eppi "shooting stars" grissom kinda scared me because of when he was star gazing his mouth was open and his eyes were wide and it was just scarey....... anyway i can not wait for this eppi in all its glory and i'm so happy for Nick he finnally get to be one of the lead guys instead of grissom or cathrine.......so ya cant wait :D :D :D :D!!!!!!!!

4. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

it will definantly be interesting to see how Nick handles himself...it breaks my heart to see him in angst

5. CSIFanatic08

CSIFanatic08 Hit and Run

I am counting down the seconds til this episode! :eek: I do love GE and his acting capabilities(sp?) but it always seems like he's the injured soilder. You know? Like everything happeneds to him. I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just hoping to see a little more GD angst. :rolleyes: I feel like he is really left out when it comes to angst(except of course if his wife leaves him.) Anyways, back to the subject, I can't wait to see it! I'ld love to see Nick beat the crap of the suspect! He's yummy when he's angry! *drools* :D

6. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

GD as in the actor who portrays Warrick, right? I hope we get to see some quality Warrick--he's overdue for something, although now that he's married, he may have a viable story line develop in this season.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

yep GD plays Warrick...its only the 5th episode of the season, i'm sure all the characters will get thier moment. Nick just happens to have an arc at the start of the season which makes sense. I like how its Sara talking to him and trying to set him straight...Im really looking forward to seeing what happens..

8. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

I'm so glad Gil's part was handed over to Nick. Before I read the fact that it was switched, I was thinking "Because Billy couldn't be there, they should give the part to Nick. It would be so much better." TPTB thought right :D

Nick totally feels for the girl more than Grissom could because he knows what it's like and wants to try his best to find this girl and save her from her current state of either utter horror or death :(

9. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

Hey I was just wondering if someone could give me a direct link to the video preview of Gum Drops, not just the CBS website. My computer can't seem to get it. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Realplayer is the only thing that will play the clip from cbs, this is the only clip i can find its from CBS.com but if the link opens a new page it should play or be the only thing playing on that page.

11. CSIFanatic08

CSIFanatic08 Hit and Run

Actually omaetoy's site has it on Windows Media Player...

12. Destiny

Thank you for the reminder that site can be found Here.

13. Destiny

I added the Link to the text version of the promo for this ep, that is here at csi files, it can be found either to the right of screen or in the first post of this thread, at the bottom. ;)

14. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Thx Destiny, that just made my day better :p, even tho Ive already seen the promo :lol:
    Im all giddy again :D

15. GeorgeEadsLover

GeorgeEadsLover Witness

I have to say if there is no motel room scene...someone will pay!! But Nick does throw someone against the wall!! Grrr... Manly Beast LOL