"Gum Drops" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

sarahvma along time back WP made a joke (or so he called it) about leaving at the end of season i believe 5, then his publicist came out and stated it was a joke and that he knew when his contract really ended, that the joke just came out wrong.

Then he was diagnosised with an irregular heartbeat, and decided that its time to get healthy which mean cutting back on stress, and he was a workaholic so that meant cutting back on his air time some, among healthy eatting, relaxing and so on.

Then he stated in an interview that he would be staying with the show for as long as the show would have him.

Recently his nephew died in an accident, and there are certain points (because of his quick rush to the families side) that the writers had to re-write some scenes.

Now the whole problem is the rumors just keep circulating and circulating and the more that happens the more that happens, there is no control button on the rumors of him leaving early, IF he leaves at any point it would either be at the end of his contract, or due to reasons that are totally personal.

But as of right now i am keeping with the interview he gave stating he wasn't leaving the show anytime soon, and will remain with the show for along haul.
Not to mention the fact that he is an executive producer on the show.

Hope this helps, and hopefully the rumors will quiet back down for a long while. ;)

Food for thought...

I understand William Peterson lost his nephew. But is it speculation or fact that this script was changed? -I ask because I thought there was something behind Gum Drops having Nick be the center of attention considering the ep name is the same initials as Grave Danger. I thought it was a little too coincidental. Maybe I just read too deep into things. :p

Well, when the original spoilers circulated, it was all about Grissom for this case. Then, sources over at YTDaW (Where I get my spoilers) reported the death in the family, and that Mr. Petersen had been able to shoot for two days of this episode if I remember correctly, but because they had already reserved locations and all that jazz, they had to go on with the ep... so yes, this is the one that was changed.

ya how are they gonna explain him being gone for over half the episode? Since it is already filmed, did they shoot a quick scene to have him leave for some reason, or is just gonna drop off the face of the planet lol?

ya how are they gonna explain him being gone for over half the episode? Since it is already filmed, did they shoot a quick scene to have him leave for some reason, or is just gonna drop off the face of the planet lol?

Maybe like this:

*beeps*

Grissom : Oh, I have to testify in the court, C ya guys, keep me posted.....*vanishes*

CSI_Grissom, you have been repeatedly asked in several threads to please adjust your banner to this Board's current banner size requirement of 220 for width and 75 for height. Furthermore, please choose EITHER a banner OR as text signature; you may not have both.

Please do the neccesary adjustments.

Thank you.

CSI_Grissom, you have been repeatedly asked in several threads to please adjust your banner to this Board's current banner size requirement of 220 for width and 75 for height. Furthermore, please choose EITHER a banner OR as text signature; you may not have both.

Please do the neccesary adjustments.

Thank you.

whoops sorry, my computer freaks out whenever i try to go to look at topics that are being talked about, so i have to wait till someone posts on it again so that it comes to the main index, i didn't realize so i will get to fixing that right away.

They'll find a way to explain him away... There are a thousand ways, and they'll just have to pick one. Rumor has it he couldn't make it for the Boat scenes, and we already know that Nick now has the attacking scene, and the scene at the end... so that's a good... maybe 10 pages of script for all that... (guessing).

The interrogation scene doesn't need explaining... since Warrick isn't there either... same for the end scene... He may get called away, or people will mention him rather than having him in the room. EG: "Grissom's still swabbing for BLAH, but he hasn't found anything either."

He could get called back to the lab... he could get in trouble with Ecklie and have to go back to the lab... they'll find a way. :)

I'm wandering how did TPTB handle this: Grissom shows up in the first half of Gum drop, then "Boom"!!!, he vanishes?
Yeah, and I'm really curious how they are going to handle the Grissom/Sara motel room scene, since the whole premise is changed and Grissom is not the one getting emotional anymore. I really hope it turns out well, and not end up being kinda out of place like the Warrick/Tina scene in "Shooting Stars" (which was still a cute scene regardless).

Re the girl doing voice over throughout the episode: I had totally forgotten about it. How creepy would that be? :eek: Just the one sentence in the promo was creepy enough. I really like the fact that tptb experiments with new filming/editing styles, like with "4x4" last season. It gives the show a fresh feel.

Thank you much. We, your Mods, appreciate your cooperation and Board-related civic mindedness.

Cheers. :)

sarahvma along time back WP made a joke (or so he called it) about leaving at the end of season i believe 5, then his publicist came out and stated it was a joke and that he knew when his contract really ended, that the joke just came out wrong.

Then he was diagnosised with an irregular heartbeat, and decided that its time to get healthy which mean cutting back on stress, and he was a workaholic so that meant cutting back on his air time some, among healthy eatting, relaxing and so on.

Then he stated in an interview that he would be staying with the show for as long as the show would have him.

Recently his nephew died in an accident, and there are certain points (because of his quick rush to the families side) that the writers had to re-write some scenes.

Now the whole problem is the rumors just keep circulating and circulating and the more that happens the more that happens, there is no control button on the rumors of him leaving early, IF he leaves at any point it would either be at the end of his contract, or due to reasons that are totally personal.

But as of right now i am keeping with the interview he gave stating he wasn't leaving the show anytime soon, and will remain with the show for along haul.
Not to mention the fact that he is an executive producer on the show.

Hope this helps, and hopefully the rumors will quiet back down for a long while. ;)

Thanks Destiny,

Who knows what will happen in the next few years anyways. Sometimes the world of entertainment can change so quickly it's hard to keep up. So best to just let the rumours just come and go like a bad cold.

But is it speculation or fact that this script was changed? -I ask because I thought there was something behind Gum Drops having Nick be the center of attention considering the ep name is the same initials as Grave Danger. I thought it was a little too coincidental. Maybe I just read too deep into things. :p
The first post on this thread, at the bottom under Side note: The plot of this episode was modified at the last moment to accomodate for a sudden change in William Petersen's availability -- originally, Gil Grissom was going to be the CSI convinced that the younger daughter was still alive.

I will say one thing about the cast change in the story.

Least GE was second choice, if this was two seasons before Grave Danger, it would have probably gone Marj or Gary, or Jorja. But I guess the finale showed gave GE the chance to show tptb what he's capable of.

I think they knew what he was capable of. They would not have given him GD in the first place if they didn't think he would be able to show all the emotions needed to do that episode. I do think however that it provides a another layer to have Nick be the one to do this... Not just because of GE acting, but Nick's recent history.

Ooh, I can't wait for Thursday! If there isn't any hotel/motel room goodness, I'm still in a good mood from "Shooting Stars" because they used my name! So what if she was the murderer, I don't care. My first name was used in an episode :) And was actually used the way I like it.

I suppose it kinda makes up for it, don't you think?

Back