"Gum Drops" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 15, 2005.

1. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

^^^ I know! If not for WP's family tragedy, tptb would never have given Nick this kind of storyline. It's kinda sad, if you think about it.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

WARNING-VENT MOMENT DIRECTED AT CSI PTB
    Yeah, TPTB still underestimate the acting abilities of some of theIR cast. :mad: All due respect to WP, he's not the only FABULOUS actor in the show TPTB..I know that comes as a complete shock to you all-TPTB, so after you pick yourselves off the floor in shock, then maybe you can start to remember what the term 'emsemble cast' means.
    And stop typecasting them Nick's more then a vic, Greg is more then a labrat, and Sara is more then moody and Grissom's love-sick puppy. I think those three have suffered the most from the tptb typecasting.
    Vent now over, please continue with discussion thank you for indulging me folks.

The music for the promo is creepy and the kid sounds like she's Sumara from The Ring. I wonder if she'll call Nick and tell him, "You have seven days to find me."

3. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

I agree. That reminded me of the only time I saw Nick violent . It was in Jack's murder theory in "Boom". Even if it was Jack's lies, the images of Nick throwing Kristy around made me shake. George did a good job but I hope we don't see that level of violence out of him.

Kasey

4. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I think I know why the girl's voice sounds so rough.

If you take a look at the screencaps from the eppy Gum Drops you'll notice the scene where she is in the hospital bed and Nick is talking to her. There is a bandage on her neck.

Obviously, she took some sort of damage there and it affected her voice. Because no 8 year old child is going to talk like she's been a pack a day smoker for the last 30 years. :D

What we're most likely hearing in the promo is voice over from that conversation at the end of the eppy.

Or am I way off base? :confused:

5. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I originally posted this in the Season 6 Spoilerthread yesterday. But now that Gum Drops has it's own, it makes sense to move it over here.

6. piepretzelsngreg

piepretzelsngreg CSI Level Two

But Grissom is such a nice caring guy who likes his buggies! ^^ *squee* i don't think it would work. Nick can do it a bit better, i think.

7. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

myfuturecsi I so agree with you!

Gum Drops seems like an excellent opportunity to get out of the rut CSI has been in for a couple of seasons.

Nick gets to be the attacker, instead of the attacked. And Sara gets to be the calming influence on Nick, and the one shielding him from getting hurt, instead of just acting the emotional one.

Usually Nick would have been the one trying to save Sara (like in Too tough to Die or PWF) from getting emotionally involved w the victims etc. And Sara would have been the one getting angry with the suspect for not giving information on the missing girl.

I think this ep could be really really GOOD!
    Such a great opportunity for the "supporting" cast to shine. Of course personally I donĀ“t think Sara/Nick ARE "supporting" in any way, but rather a vital part of the CSI ensemble cast. But it seems TPTB sometimes get stuck in that lead/support type of think and hopefully this ep will be yet another proof they should abandon that setup.

8. abharding

abharding Rookie

I have recently been watching the earlier episodes on Spike... Back in "Friends and Lovers" (first season) Grissom sort of loses it (at least for Grissom) and when Warrick asks him about it he tells him about the people who really make him made (I forget the exact quote) but the upshot is that kids in trouble are the cases that really get to him. He knows this, and using his postion as shift supervisor gives those cases to his other CSIs. After all, how many cases involving kids as Grissom worked? Not many. And for the most part those are the cases that involved everyone. In this case, he may not have been able to do that. (or they may not have known there was a missing kid until they arrived on scene) Not being able to get his hands on Walter Gordon, still worried about who the OTHER voice on that tape is he might have taken out his fustration on someone who might have kiddnapped a young girl and put her somewhere. And again it would have shown that Nick was not the only one effected by what happened. That even though they were't burried alive, they did not get away undamaged. So far, we haven't seen much of that. Warrick getting married is really the only thing we have seen so far. This would have been a good way to show how it effected Grissom.

9. trackeye

trackeye Victim

If they hadn't changed the script and Grissom would have been the main character in this episode, I think his attitude...the way he loses his temper with the suspect, and the softness he would show the the little girl, would come from how he felt about what happened to Nick. I think his emotions would be like that of a parent...the hopelessness he felt, the helplessness, and the fact that their was really no closure in Nick's abduction. They are all like a family.

I hope I made sense. I'm never sure if I do!!! :rolleyes:

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i agree with you trackeye they are like family and if Gissom was the main Character his emotins would come from tha after math of GD....... but i think nick was a good choice to replace Grissom as the main charactere aven though i would have liked to see grissom Mad...... :D :)....

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought this was the episode where Grissom and Sara were rumored to be "sleeping" together in the hotel room because of Greg's snoring... ?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

i tought that eppi was gonna be the next one but i dont know :confused:

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

That was the big TV guide interview spoiler. It could be that they simply said that because that was in the script, or that it was actually filmed, but until we see the episode we won't know. If it was important enough to sound byte it in the interview and they couldn't film it due to WP's family emergency I'm sure they'll change it to a later episode or at least substitute it for something else.

14. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

Yep, that was supposed to be in *Gum Drops.* It was in the original script but due to the death in Petersens family and the script change.. no one has a clue if it's still in there.
    But it was confirmed that Billy filmed what he had to before he left.. (Theres still hope :D :p). And now if Grisom *Does* go to Saras room.. it wont be because hes emotional involved in the case.. it will be for another reason. :) (I dont mean sex tho).

There was supposed to be a pitch black scene with no dialogue at all.. :p :p :p The looks will say all.

Im going to highly doubt they kept the original scripts tho because of the character change.
    Im happy for those who wanted a Nick storyline.. but Im unbeleivably disspointed (My prayers go out to Petersens family). I was SO looking forward to Grissom finaly getting emotionaly involved in a case... and attack someone ;). But Nick is a good second choice.
    I just hope *The Room* scene wont be cut out.. then all will be forgiven. :p :D :p :D :p *Crosses fingers*

15. ariela57

ariela57 Lab Technician

ABharding, I beleive (if memory serves me right) that the cases that Greesom really hates involve battered women, children who are molested and pushers that sell drugs to kids.I saw that episode recently and can still remember that vaugely. In other words, Greeesmm hates people who abuse those that are weak and vulnerable. That being said can't wait for this episode. No one can do angst and hurt better than GE and he will be in tour the force form for this one.....Although it would be nice to see Gressom or one of the others react out of character as well, becasue watching a friend being buried alive would probably have impacted all of them.