"Gum Drops" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 15, 2005.

1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Incredible episode

yeah, and i luv how they had cassie telling the story to nick through it, you dont put two n two together until right at the end, like i was wondering hu was talking n stuff n then im like, ahhhhhh thats smart lol

2. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Well you could've figured it out if you read spoilers, like I did :rolleyes:

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Is it just me, or have they forgotten to post a review of this episode on here? I don't think I've seen one... :confused:

4. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I haven't seen anything either....been waiting for it. :(

5. BabaOReilly

Yeah me too. I'm curious as to the response, mostly because this is now officially one of my all time faves. I wonder how a non-Nick biased person will see it! :p

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm starting to like the idea that they gave this role to George, since William had to leave. Although It would be interesting to see 2 different verions of this, one with Billy and the other that has aired.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

It would be interesting to see Billy's portrayal of how Grissom deals with this storyline but i think it works better with Nick as the audience can identify why Nick fels so strongly as he has been through the experience of being a victim in a race against time situation.

8. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I've no doubt William Peterson would have done an amazing job- it was just a well written episode all round, so either way...

But I'm totally impressed with George Eads' performance. He nailed it.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeh it should definitly get an award for best episode or something because not only was the acting good but the whole dialogue and way it was shot was even more excellent than usual.

10. ariela57

ariela57 Lab Technician

This was definitely a sweeps worthy episode I am surprised they aired it so early in the season.

11. BabaOReilly

I don't think I've heard anyone saying they didn't like this episode... mind you I haven't read this entire thread! ;)

So, again... where the hell is the review?!!!

12. Moppig

Moppig Rookie

There are non-Nick biased persons :confused: :confused: :confused: Let me at them I'll convert them to Nick-Side :lol:

Seriously though, I have read a few comments where people didn't like the episode but generally the comments have been consistently in favour of it.

The thing I particularly liked about this episode was that it wasn't trying to be "special". As much as I loved Grave Danger (and boy do I love Grave Danger, really really love Grave Danger) it wasn't, in my opinion, a typical CSI episdoe.

Gum Drops in many respects was and the things that have made it stand out is those minor stuff like good acting, writing, filming (can't spell the fancy word) and the emotional connection I felt for both the victims and the characters.

The fact that it was a Nick-centric episode was a bonus. I am certain I would have liked it as much if it had been based on Grissom (or Sara etc) and Nick hadn't been in it at all.

It was quality TV first and foremost. Kudos to the actors and support crew for producing this under difficult circumstances.

13. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

I think this was the best episode I have seen since Grave
    Danger.

14. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I've read a few comments from people who did not like the episode so much. I seem to recall someone on another board saying that we should never speak of it again. I won't say where I read that, but I think you can guess. ;) Overall though people seemed to love the episode, and I've read all the comments here and on a couple of other sites as well.

15. Moppig

Moppig Rookie

Oooh, oooh I know, I know :D

I have found most people who didn't like the episode didn't like it for pretty "valid" reasons ie - wasn't hooked into, didn't feel the emotional connection or simply didn't like the music. And to be fair no episode is going to please everyone. But this episode did win over a lot of people. Even those who were annoyed - again validly in their minds so NOT meant as a dig - that Grissom wouldn't be in it.