"Gum Drops" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 15, 2005.

1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Incredible episode

that would be interesting but i still hink the story works better with nick, i mean grissom has no eason to get so attatched and emotional in this case, where as nick does.

i mean he was molested as a child, and he thinks somin along those lines is going on with peter and the swin team which cassie is on. also after GD1 he is still fragile, and comin from a big family he knows what its like to be the youngest child and feels he has a deep connection with cassie.

i mean i think WP would have nailed the performance aswell, but i dont think the ep would have been this good, i mean most people have it in their top two along with GD1, but i think if it was WP it would just be in the top 10.

george made it something more then a CSI ep with a tough case, he made it a personal thing, and he was AMAZING in it.

he needs an award

2. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Re: Incredible episode

I totally agree. We all knew "Grave Danger" was going to be something special months before it came out, and it was, but "Gum Drops" has the element of being a pleasant surprise. The lack of hype for it made it sorta like an underdog, and then BAM, it turns out to be unexpected good, and it's actually something I can tune in to every week without being overwhelmed.

I can't honestly say I'll like it just as much if Nick wasn't in it, but it'll still most likely make my fave list.

Oh yeah. :lol:

3. KateGibbs

KateGibbs Dead on Arrival

It was the first episode of CS which I watch this
    season for me too. And the last fives minutes/ the end hat me in tears too.My favorites are Sara and Warrick. But I could only picture Nick in this role or at least the best. I haven`t see Grave Danger so far. I could not picture Grissom in this role. I think Grissom abesence was good for this episode. The episode was s perfect like she could. I don`t miss Grissom and a bigger part for Cath in this episode. It is one of the best episodes ever.

When Nick found the girl at the lake,I was not sure if she is alive or not. The little girl will heal "fast" from her physical injuries but her psychic wounds will never go complete away.

Anne

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I guess I should just give on on seeing a review for this episode... but does anyone know where there's a somewhat legit one? Just curious.

5. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Um...I don't know about reviews, but the recap at Fandom Talk is pretty cool.

6. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I really miss the recaps over at TWoP. :( At least they still do Smallville. And yes I watch Smallville. What of it? ;)

7. LaCacahuete

LaCacahuete Police Officer

I miss Sobell. I would always end up teary with laughter over her recaps every week. I have never had anyone get my sense of humour quite like she did. I feel like a little bit of myself is gone this season. :(

I did think about starting to recap this season, especially since TWoP stopped, but I know I'd never live up to Sobell. She is immortal and irreplacable.

I'm starting to scare myself, so I'll stop. Anyway, I don't know of any other sites that do hardcore, full-blowns recaps/reviews, other than CSIFiles.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I will send a message reguarding an official review of this ep to the person who does them.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol:Ha ha that is awesome; the Nick Stoke's luck thing my friend and I joke about that all the time, and hey this Grissom/Sara thing that was supposed to happen you think it still will but in another ep? I kinda hope it doesn't now because he's let her down so much and if she let him in it'd be like she spent so long waiting and she's at his beck and call etc, :confused: anyone else think that?
    I still can't beleive that you US guys are like half way through season 6 and it's no even started here yet! :mad:

10. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hey I love Smallville too!!! I just love Tom Welling :D
    He and George Eads are two of the yummyest boys around!!
    And CSI and Smallville are two of the best shows out now :cool:

11. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

It's so frickin' corny, but I really love superheroes and Chloe is such an awesome character. :) Of course, Tom Welling ain't bad to look at either, and don't forget about Michael Rosenbaum. Now there's a guy who can pull off a shaved head. ;)

I guess I should say something at least somewhat on topic. ;) Thinking about this episode just reminds me of how much I've been loving season six so far. I was really disappointed with season five, barring a few exceptions. It's like Quentin Tarantino breathed new life into the series.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

REPEATING JANUARY 19, 2006 @ 8:00pm Est

13. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Wow it took me a while to find this thread! I just wanted to put in my two cents...

This is by far the best season six episode IMO. Tonight was my first night watching it and i was just blown away of how good it was. It kept me entertain and i was following the evidence throughout the episode it was a thriller. I knew that Grissom wasnt going to be in this episode and i wasnt expecting him but if i didnt know he wasnt going to be in it i wouldnt of even notice...well only for the comment that Sara made. I seriously thought that this show could not go on without Grissom cause i love Grissom and i think he is the best but this particular episode prove me otherwise. I've heard about the bedroom scene and i was kind of bumed that they cut it because im a HUGE GSR fan but now im kind of okay that they cut it. I also loved Nicky's emotional side...gah! i almost cried! Loved this episode!

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I watched for the first time and really loved the ending. *sniff sniff* I think even my mom got emotional lol. I was worried I'd have a hard time paying attention without Grissom but really didn't, though I did miss him.

*wouldn't mind seeing Nick by *her* bed...at which point she would grab him and thorougly kiss him...* hehehe

15. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

YES!!!

any way I loved this episode, GE is the bomb actor, he rocks, and this is my fave episode of all CSI episodes, I loved watching it again and wow, it rocked, and yes I would have loved seeing Nick by *her* bed and her making him better ;) if you look at my banner you'll see who I love :D