Grissom & Sara #32: With Every Beat of My Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that picture of them! Thank you desertwind!

No halloween party, just Sara working out some fetishes. ;)
Darn, I forgot to include a whip! Grissom has been a very naughty boy! :lol:

Hey buddy, your getting really good at this, I'm scared of you :eek: and Grissom with a whip HMMM, try and wrap my head around that one :D How about one with Grissom/Sara, and friends~~AHHH> the good old days, *sighs*

CSI AND THE GREAT CAST

Hey you guys I'm bavk again. I have been so busy with school work. I miss GSR so much. I think about it every day. I am going to start back up on fanfiction again. I have been away way too long. On the poll, I chose other because I want Grissom to go chase after Sara, he convinces her to come back, they get married, Sara gets a job in the lab, and they are both in the episodes.

I don't think Grissom can't just forget about Sara leaving, they need to talk. Sara is coming back, I will not choose anything that says shes not. They will get married. I like your pictures you guys. See ya later.

i have found a piece of script from the alternate Butterflied ending. part of this has been posted here before, but not as a whole.

gotta say it's very exciting. i kind of wish it happened like this. :p
(i believe parts of this bit are shortened script descriptions of what is happening, not the original)
GRISSOM: But then along comes someone special. A free spirit. She shares your work. She looks up to you. She excites you. You look yourself in the mirror and can't find the courage to tell her how you feel. But as life would have it, she pursues you. And you're powerless to resist.

GRISSOM: If you keep saying 'no' to embracing the moment, when you finally say yes, it becomes bigger than you. And you are no longer you anymore. You're somebody else. Abstraction becomes reality. All you think about is her. You want to be with her. Eat with her. Laugh with her. Make love to her. (charged) Go into infinity with her. Without doors. No boundries. No restrictions. An entire lifetime that comes down to this single frame of life.

[SD] In a manner of speaking, Grissom is self-reflecting.

DR. LURIE: Who are you talking about Mr. Grissom?

GRISSOM: I'm talking about every man who's been there.

Grissom is attacked by Dr. Lurie. Brass and the uniforms come to the rescue. Lurie has punched him in the eye over and over again, obviously giving Grissom a black eye.
So.. we have Grissom confronting Lurie, but really confessing his own feelings for Sara, buttons are pushed, Lurie reacts.

GRISSOM: My first black eye.
[SD] Brass walks out, leaving Grissom alone. Grissom walks over to the one-way mirror. Stares at his beaten face in the reflection.
REVERSE ANGLE - P.D. - VIEWING ROOM - CONTINUOUS
REVEAL none other than Sara, inches away. Separated only by a window. She's heard Grissoms's entire confession.
OVER HER SHOULDLER
CAMERA FINDS Grissom. Standing all alone. Wearing a black eye. Looking at Sara, but not seeing her.
FADE OUT.

Thank's Adzix that's riveting and it gave me chills, I think it's better, wonder why they decided not to use this version, it sure does tell his feelings for her way back then
gsr.png

butterflied3.jpg
LoveHearts.gif

I really like this alternative speech, because it's way more obvious who Grissom is talking about - hey, even Lurie is confused what that speech has got to do with him...

I don't think the punching part would have worked well though. This scene draws its power from being slow and calm, and if there had been a fight in the middle of it, I think it would have destroyed the atmosphere. Like, maybe Sara would have come to his help, so he'd have known she had been there and all of this melancholy in the last shots would have been gone.

Anyone else thought that the alternative speech would have fitted better into the continuity of innuendo?
"Go into infinity with her. Without doors. No boundries. No restrictions" sounds like "Unbound" was scene music once again ("No borders, no fences...unbound" *sings and thuds*)
There's definitely fanfiction potential in there

Interesting alternate to Butterfield. I don't think I would have liked it as much if Grissom got beat. You know that Sara would have run into his rescue. But the speech... WOW!

Anyone else reading Taking Risks? It deals with the Lurie aftermath. I'm so hooked!

I prefer the aired version of Butterflied. It was interesting to read the alternative, though. I've also heard they thought of Grissom having the Sara halicination while going through the underwear drawer and decided it was too suggestive.

I posted a story on FF.net this morning.

Sorry about the spelling today, I'm at work and have no spell check oh this computer.

dirtylabrat said:
Anyone else reading Taking Risks? It deals with the Lurie aftermath. I'm so hooked!

Me too.

I love stories that fill in the blanks between the episodes instead of going completely AU.
I'm currently watching the 5th season for the first time in chronological order, and the timeline of the story fits my CSI schedule perfectly :)
That's as good as it gets for a no-new-GSR-stuff period: 1-3 "new" episodes per day, plus a varied assortment of GSR fics, mostly from fanfiction.net and geekfiction. I'm already counting days until my winter term is over *10 days to go*
And then? GSR-a-thon :D

well i think that the alternate scene is definitely OTT, but i'd still love to see its rehearsal. my favorite part of it would be the ending where they both stand inches apart, but are separated by the glass window. i also like some parts of the speech, but i'm glad it's been redone. it made the episode less obvious, and more open to interpretation. somehow, it fits more to the CSI style.

anyway, is it me or does it look like the WGA strike might be ending in the next week or two?

let's assume it will, and do the math. IF they are going to go by the 'let's finish the season now' option, they could start filming in the beginning of march, optimistically speaking of course. let's give them 8 days to shoot and two weeks to montage, edit, and whatever it is what they're doing. adding some slack, we could get a new episode in april. any theories, y'all?

Reading the alternate Butterflied sequence, I was intrigued. I think if they toned it down a little by taking out the punch, but still having him look in the mirror at the end would have been amazing! It would have been a GSR lovers dream! :)

I like that it connects him to Sara more. It makes the average viewer understand who he's talking about. I have friends who don't really care about GSR and didn't notice anything in Butterflied except the victim's resemblance to Sara. I think this more descriptive speech would have made it more broad.

YIPEE, on the writers strike ending. it's sure time, always been ridiculous. I say Feb. 1st my prediction ;)and then they can start filming, another YIPEE
cheer.gif

imageFLIP1.gif
wow.jpg

And hopefully when they start filming again, they'll beg Jorja to come back, so they can start with a BANG and she'll come back! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back