Grissom & Sara #32: With Every Beat of My Heart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh i really like your line of thinking, seahawk. some great points you had.

actually, writers could give us more than just a glance at his wedding ring, if they get married, but it depends on a plot really. i do agree, though, that we won't see a whole lot of drama between the two. thing is, if Jorja comes back for an episode or two TPTB will try to make the most out of her reappearance, without loosing the subtlety.

what i meant in my poll weren't long relationship-centered episodes, but small scenes that would imply any of those scenarios. so while i see why you think her return should be simple, it's definitely not an adjective that i would describe their relationship with at any time they've known each other. there were many things that were going on in their heads over the years, which were implied in some scenes. some scenes we still cannot fully explain even now (Bite Me, or Thermite for instance.)

most importantly, it would be a huge disappointment for me if Jorja came back and the only GSR we'd get, would be a changed nametag. this whole storyline is so rich that it would be a shame not to use Sara's return for some good quality GSR, angsty or not. what i want is a Sara-centric episode, where her relationship with Grissom is one of the storylines touched by the writers on a deeper level, but not overdone.

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Of course, I'd LOVE number 1 as what really happens, but since it is a tv drama, I think number 2, number 4 (Grissom goes to her) or number 5 (no appearance until the end) are possibilities.

I think number 2 would be the best because it would mean that they'll both be on the show for a while, but unfortunately, I think they're both pretty much done with the show (both have had less screen time lately).

In that case, I think Grissom going to Sara would be sweet, but it would have to be his last episode because Grissom going to Sara would be such a change in his character that I think it would too hard for the writers to incorporate his new found personality and still have all fans like him.

Number 5 I think is the most likely because that's what has been rumoured, Jorja has hinted she only wants a guest appearance, and it would be a way to write both characters nicely off the show. I think the finale for them would be marriage (if they're not already) or if they are, a pregnancy. It wouldn't be over done, just subtly like a changed name tag or a short comment about expecting.

I do have faith that the writer's will give us a nice ending to Grissom and Sara's arc before the show ends. :)

3. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Hey, thanks for the compliments on the vid. That is almost the perfect GSR song for right now.
    As far as the poll. I picked #2. I reckon jorja will only be back for a few episodes to finish the story arc. I also think they'll use GSR to write Grissom off the show. ie Sara can't handle either the job or living in Vegas so Grissom gives up the job or Vegas for her. Maybe they'll make him supervisor of day shift so he can have the same hours as Sara and WP can make guest appearances. Or maybe even , if we're relly lucky WP & JF can guest star together on the same episodes once in a while.

4. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

two words: Butterflied reloaded.
    I think the case in this episode is going to have "slight similarities" to certain characters' lives and decisions.
    Sara having hallucinations of the suffering man (the DB) whose wife ran away and then the man turns into Grissom?

About Grissom being written off: I really hope TPTB will have the guts to end CSI then. CSI without Grissom/ with daytime-working/full-time-daddy Grissom is not CSI. Again, Fanfiction material and GSR dream stuff, at least for me. So, Sara taking Grissom away from the lab in order to have a happy life...1. soapy 2. something for the last scene of the last episode.
    Still, I think they shouldn't concentrate on GSR that much, but end it with a shot of the team (maybe at breakfast? Sara will be there, dayshift or not...)

It's 6 am here, so if I sound confused, don't be surpised...

5. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I think it should be subtle. I am sure it will be cause heaven forbid GSR is front and center for a show or two! I am hoping for a quiet, but lovely return and a sweet and a tad mushy reunion with Grissom. Then, it can get back to the crimes and etc. We can see GSR every so often and that'd be ok. Hey, it's better than it is right now! CSI without GSR sucks, even though I LOVE Grissom!

6. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I went for #2 on the poll. I think Sara leaving is different to when Grissom went on sabbatical. At least she knew he was coming back whereas no-one can be sure what Sara will do. (Hopefully come back at least to finish off the story)

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

8. seattlegsrfan

Man, what a drag. Thursday and no action in CSI land. It used to be the busiest day of the week. I don't even know what ep is on tonight, and sadly enough I don't care. I'd rather watch a good season five DVD or make a video or read a fiction.
    What did we ever do to deserve this? I miss Jorja , I miss new episodes, I miss spoilers, I miss the excitment of wondering if we'd get any GSR. Damn.
    How 'bout some nice pictures Desert? :)

9. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

Hey, hey, look on the bright side! There's a CSI smutathon in progress over on GEEKFICTION! :D So turn that GSR frown upside down! :D We still have our fanfiction until the other writers end this stupid strike. At the moment, I'm enjoying reading Retribution. :devil:

Keep the faith! :p

10. seattlegsrfan

Dirtylabrat I've been working on my smutathon entry. :)
    Fanfic and making the occasional fanvideo is keeping me going. The fanforums too.
    It's just sad that the forums are so quiet.
    But then again, if the writers can't write any scenes with Sara in them they might as well be on strike, cause CSI without GSR SUCKS!

11. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I am on geekfiction, and I do write, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to post fics. I really wanted to do the smutathon.
    I miss Sara, I miss CSI. I am so depressed.

12. dirtylabrat

OK... so, I'm sitting here watching the Cross Dressing Carpe episode... Grissom just proposed... Hodges speaks to her in the hall, and she looks like she is day dreaming... then Cat interrupts Grissom in his office... he looks like he day dreaming. They both look GUILTY! :D I think they changed out of their bee suits, and ran off to get married! A good day indeed! :lol:

Keep the smutathon coming! (no pun intended)

13. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Did David Rambo had anything to do with tonights scene??...anyone knows?....cause it was just sooooooooo Sweet ..i wanted to cry!

14. dirtylabrat

It was a sweet proposal, and they both looked so GUILTY! LOL

Today, I'm wondering if the reason Sara had her break down, wasn't just because of her run in with Natalie, but because she discovered that she was pregnant and just freaked out. From her "I don't want the world to end" comment (because she has a lot to live for), to her pain for that couple randomly murdered on the sofa watching TV, and the horror of the domestic abuse case with that woman walking around with a knife stuck out of her back. With her childhood, I think it would be normal for her to freak out and question if it would be fair to bring a child into this crazy world. I think she left scared and pregnant. And I doubt that Grissom knows about it.

Ok, that's my conspiracy theory for the day. I'm patiently awaiting Sara's pregnant return!

That's why I chose "other" as how Sara will return. I think she comes back to him ready to pop! :D

15. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Frankly, I don't think she is pregnant.
    First, the show would really steer into soapy waters, and second and much more important:
    I think it would be OOC for Sara to keep her pregnancy hidden from Grissom. Maybe take some days off to think it all trough and get perspectives straight.
    But leaving for a longer time (i.e. months) without telling would mean to deprive Grissom from the experience of becoming a parent (sickness, bulge growing, first movements, general excitement...). I just can't see her doing this, and suddenly come back with a kid on her arm and say: "BTW Griss, it's yours"
    She, of all people, knows what it means to have - or to not have - a happy, stable family. And I just can't imagine she would do this to her child and to Grissom.
    And, knowing Grissom for a loooong time, she probably knows what his reaction would be to such a sudden move: Staring at her open-mouthed, then either keep staring or bury his head in the sand.

I could imagine her coming back slightly pregnant (1st term) and someone alluding to that big entomologist convention in San Fancisco 2 months ago :D
    (Wouldn't be unrealistic...My SO's father spent half a year abroad for his PhD research when he was already married. His wife picked him up there at the end of the time...and SOMEHOW the timeline fits very well with my SO's birthday 9 months later ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.