Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustan

No, I think that when you talk dying and saying goodbye to those whom you love, you mean ALL the people who you love. Like your friends, family, etc. I tell my husband he's the only one because he's the only one I love in the soul mate kind of way. I don't not love my mom because I consider my husband to be the only one I love. Does that make sense to anyone but me? I think he was saying that Nat the psycho took Sara because she's the only woman he has ever loved heart, soul, mind and body. Not that he no longer loves anyone else in the world. I mean, you know he loves Nick in GD, but he's not going to bring that up NOW, when his Sara has been taken by a stalking, murderous, freak of nature, right?

BTW this is my 99th post!! *Squee*

Regarding Grissom saying "I love you",
In WTG when he said he wanted time to say goodbye to the people he loves Sara didn't have any hesitation in saying "I'm not ready to say goodbye". If he'd never told her he loved her would she vocalize her assumption that he was talking about her? IMO she wouldn't put those words in his mouth. Again, just my opinion.

That is a great point. I didn't put that together, but no those are words that you NEVER assume, ya know? Although with Gris it is probably more like she knows he loves her by what he does and how he treats her. He probably said it once or twice and she just knows it comes from his heart, he just isn't the type of person to be overly sappy. Just a few heartfelt I love you's for him.

Exactly, My hubby & I have been married 20 years & have never been the "I love you" all the time types, but we know it. But in the beginning it has to be said a few times(outside the bedroom) before you take it for granted. I can't see Sara as being the type to jump the gun & take it for granted & put those words in Grissom's mouth.

Then later in Ending Happy, it was just a desire to get a reenforcement. Even if you know it & don't expect to be told it very often it's still nice to see XOXOXO at the bottom of a birthday card, or some little thing like that.

sarahvma said:
I think Grissom in his fourties isn't aware of staring down the barrel at retirement the same way he might be a year later when he can feel that deadline growing closer.

Combined with the shock of seeing her captured, along with Nick's kidnapping, I think he was reminded of the fact that he wasn't going to do this job forever, and when he retired, he wouldn't really have much. Then there was the fact that Sara could die without knowing how he felt (or so he assumed, if he doesn't know about her listening in on the Butterflied confession) and I think he was just moved to act.

Because he loves his work, sure, but in 15 years it would all be taken away, and if he lives till 85, that's what - 20 years of nothing?

Good analysis. and your right.. and also the CSI writers have only shown us what they want to have us see, and that's why other fans don't get it, we dig deeper and dissect all of it, and have our own theories and views on what, why, where, and when of course
gsr.png

Grissom.. sex without love is pointless..it makes you sad!
Sara..Well, I'm pretty sure I don't make you sad?
Grissom..No, you make me happy ;)

ENDING HAPPY

No, I think that when you talk dying and saying goodbye to those whom you love, you mean ALL the people who you love. Like your friends, family, etc.
that's what i thought when i watched that scene for the first time. but after hearing how much difficulty grissom had past season admitting anything even to Sara, i doubt he would be reffering to all the people he knows as those he loves.

i think Grissom is a bit european in that way, if i can say that. cuz in the USA you say you *love* poeple all the time, even if you met them a week ago. somehow it became almost meaningless. in Europe you never tell people you love them unless you really mean it. of course you can say it when joking, but not as *bye, love ya*.

that's why seeing how grissom has had a huge problem telling it to sara after 2 years of relationship i find it hard to believe he would off-handedly admit to loving people around him.

am i making any sense? lol

But, don't you think in private, he's told her that? and the love letter, and she knows, he finally just admitted it to the team!

wtganigoodbye2cb.gif
"I'm not ready to say goodbye"
hearts.gif

*watching Butterflied*

One scene that always makes me laugh:

"Want me to come over and give you a hand?"

"N-n-n-no I'm f-f-fine!"

Heh. Dirty-minded, flustered Grissom.

^ lmao *dies* i love how you make everything sound dirty.

oh and one more thing.
I tell my husband he's the only one because he's the only one I love in the soul mate kind of way. I don't not love my mom because I consider my husband to be the only one I love
yeah, i understand what you're saying here, but putting what grissom said in context of the case (natalie's love for Dell wasn't romantic) it's safe to assume Grissom was reffering to love as the feeling in general, not categorizing it (parental love, friendship love, romantic love etc).

i think natalie's love for ernie was so strong, because she'd never loved anyone else, that it could be put in the same category as intense, soulmate love! not the same exact thing, but pretty close because it was so special
you've all got such wonderful insights and ideas, it's great to read! makes me smile.
sarahvma, that was great... lol,i love dirtiness
thinking over your theories, i don't think sara would assume that he loves her, from her past and her personality it's definitely not something she would just take for granted. love is a complex emotion...really hard to accept and embrace if you've seen such bad relationships and things in life. i think one of two things could be true. grissom could have said i love you, occassionally, maybe even just in the throws of passion (is that the right phrase?), possibly thinking he was expected too, and then he slowly began to realize, "maybe i do mean it" and then it hit him really hard.
ooorrr, he knows it, has known it (for years*that's the fanficer in me*) but he was coming to the realization in the scene w/ the team that that's why natalie took sara. he was thinking it through, working it out and it came out. sometimes it's easier to organize thoughts when they're out in the open. so : she did this because"i took away the only person she ever loved, so she's going to do the same thing to me!"
you get what i'm saying. i really think it wasn't griss realizing his love, it was him realizing nat's motives for taking sara.

gosh, i forgot what else i was going to say... off on a tangent

hope i made a bit of sense

Adzix said:
oh and one more thing.
I tell my husband he's the only one because he's the only one I love in the soul mate kind of way. I don't not love my mom because I consider my husband to be the only one I love
yeah, i understand what you're saying here, but putting what grissom said in context of the case (natalie's love for Dell wasn't romantic) it's safe to assume Grissom was reffering to love as the feeling in general, not categorizing it (parental love, friendship love, romantic love etc).

I get what you're saying Adz. But I find it hard to believe that Grissom could NOT love his mom ya know? Maybe it was hard for him to express it because she was deaf? I dunno. ::shrugs::

And yes, you can LOVE people and not be IN love with them. I've had my own experience with this one. Maybe if TPTB worded it like "I took away the only person she ever loved, so she was taking the one person I've ever been in love with" Now THAT would of been different. But I get what you're saying.

I think it was you said that he was burned bad. Let's say, hypotetically, maybe it WAS Sara. I mean, I know it's not canon or anything, but they DID have a past in San Fran. Maybe something happened in the back story that we're not aware of and maybe he interpreted it wrong, or took it the wrong way, or what. Maybe that's why it was so hard for him to open up. Like, he always loved her(because you never forget your first love) and maybe he felt that he messed up or what and he thought his chances were over. And he found out she loved him, and by then he thought it was too late and yada, yada, yada...

Is this making sense? Because, again, it sounds better in my head.

And another thing...

I was watvhing Eleven Angry Jurors before Butterflied came on and I caught something that I never caught before. Maybe it was because I just wasn't paying attention or because I never really cared for the episode, but it was the conversation between one of the lab techs and Nick:

DORSEY: Conference in San Francisco. Total boondoggle. Three days of
sourdough and seafood. (DORSEY glances around and lowers his voice
confidentially.) By the way ... I heard the rumor, and I'm sorry.

NICK: What rumor?

DORSEY: Everybody on the day shift says that you deserved that promotion. You
ask me, Grissom only gave Sara a higher evaluation because of their history.

NICK: He gave Sara ... ?

And I had to rewind it to make sure I heard it right.

It sure makes you wonder WHAT rumors were going around the lab about those two. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to hear some theories on this...

i've always noticed that line, and i just took it to mean that ppl knew there was something more between them. i mean, griss did bring her on as a "friend" and someone he trusts... i think the comp. between her and nick got the rumor mill going because of speculation about who would get it and why...
oh yeah, and he mentions a conference in san fran...interesting

i always thought their relationship before vegas was friendly maybe flirty, but i guess there is a chance (read enough fanfics to that effect) that there was more!

and i never understood cath saying to griss "wow, you got burned bad"... was she talking about sara??

NO, not at all.. he must have been burned in his past.. maybe they'll bring that out in S/8.. he's always been happy with Sara, does anyone know the % of eps. he's worked on with Sara vs the rest of the team? to me it seems like more!

I get what you're saying Adz. But I find it hard to believe that Grissom could NOT love his mom ya know? Maybe it was hard for him to express it because she was deaf? I dunno. ::shrugs::
oh no no, this is not what i meant at all. what i was trying to say is that he absolutely DID love his mom, but in LD mentioned only sara b/c Mrs Grissom probably died, and Sara was the only one left in his life.

anyway, i think we're trying to find too much meaning in the details that won't be mentioned anymore anyway.

lately i'm being extremely impatient with the premiere. it's really hard for me to stay spoiler free right now. i think i'm having the hardest time since WTG *sigh*

I actually think it was MORE painful being spoiled for WtG, because things kept changing, and the depth of the scene changed, and we had mystery at YTDAW and Gibby kinda baiting us with "they both say goodbye." And we're all sitting there crying and holding one another and cooking cocoa and mixing drinks... Yeah, it was not a pretty sight on the spoiled side!

I want to get into the love debate, but it'll have to wait until tmra. I'm at work... and will be until midnight, and I've been up since 7 after two days of not sleeping. It'll be a miracle if I can drive home tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back