Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustang

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by chocolate_bunnys, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I think it might take the rescue for everyone one to realize that he actually meant what he said.

2. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

probably
    and then there'll be all the drama w/ he's dating a subordiate, they kept it from the team, sara getting special treatment... etcetc
    whatever, as long as she lives and we get more and better gsr, ... and they don't make the repercussions too bad... i'll be fine

3. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

Hey, AlwaysGSR12, that's funny cuz my stepmom said the same thing after I made her watch the promo.

You know what would really piss me off? If they moved Sara to days or swing because of her and Grissom's relationship. Then she wouldn't be on the show as much. If that happens, I will scream and throw stuff at the TV.

Lol, I'm not allowed to have anything in my hands except a pillow or something soft when I watch the premiere. When the finale ended with "To Be Continued" I, er, sort of threw the remote...

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I know we have no clue what'll happen if Sara dies or lives, but if she lives, I could take her being put on another shift because it's more believable than anything else at this point. I really don't want to see Gil and Sara stay on the same shift as long as he's the supervisor.

I know that's probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather him not be the supervisor and them be together on a shift, of her moved to another shift. I like to pretend that Gil and Sara are real people, but if there aren't real consequences to them breaking the hierarchy of the workplace, I won't feel it's real anymore.

That said, my dream would be for Gil to go back to teaching, more. As long as they're together, I'll be happy.

(I say that now. Watch them stay together and TPTB completely screw their characters.... anyway, as it stands NOW I'm happy as long as they're together.)

On the other side, I wouldn't mind if she died if it was a good death. If she dies in a great, beautiful way and Grissom is forever affected, I could dig that, too.

Once again, I'm guessing it's not a popular opinion. :)

5. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

Sorry, no it's not popular with me. She will live. There will be some repercussions, but they will not affect the screen time, or how well they work together (or how often), and there will be much more and better GSR scenes. Why? you ask. Because I say so, darn it, that's why. I want it all. Now. No shift switching, Cath can have the supervisor's title. She always wanted it and was better at the politics/paperwork than Gil anyway. Then our beloved geeks can be together on mostly equal grounds, though he has seniority and an office.
    Then they can give us a flash back to the quiet wedding that they had after grave danger, all we see is the you may now kiss the bride part and the kiss.
    No one dies, in a good death or not. Grissom is forever affected in a good way, happily ever after. Period.

Countdown time, 14 days 20 hours and 13 minutes. That's 356 hours 13
    min. :)

6. nameless

nameless Hit and Run

I'm actually surprised that I agree with Alyssa here. I mean, although it's unbelievably great that they are together and all, now that the rest of the team knows about them it's going to be very hard to keep going like this, even if they don't know that they are dating. After this, changes will have to be done - I don't want Sara to work day shift or Grissom not being supervisor, because he's just the best man to guide the team, but...something just has to change.

And yes, if it's done beautyfully and if Grissom is forever affected by it, I don't think it'll be the end of the world if Sara dies. I actually prefer her to leave the show with millions of fans who love her in an episode that will be remembered than quietly leaving because she was too different from the person she was in the beginning with no one noticing anymore.

I'll stop talking now.

7. zappy

zappy Hit and Run

sound good to me :)

8. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I really don't know what to think. I'm not sure what my opinions are on a lot of things. Like what Alyssa said about them being on the same shift and that sort of stuff.. I'm not sure exactly where I stand on that. At the moment, I think it depends on how they played it out. There are several options that they could do.. depending on even if they do any. Wait.. HEY!!

Ecklie doesn't know about their little relationship yet, so maybe nothing will happen? .. well he doesn't know right now, but he'll probably find out during the part of the premiere where they find her, cause they are going to. THEY WILL. Don't doubt me. :D But he'll probably find out.. but won't yell at them because of the situation.. then probably when it's all dealt with.. possibly do something.

Judging on Ecklie's character anyway.

Right, so before I started going on about Ecklie, I was talking about my wonderful mind that doesn't like making decisions. I'm not sure exactly what I want. I mean, sure, I want Sara to live. But I don't know how I want the aftermath to turn out. It really depends on how they write it. I would probably be open to all options, depending on how they wrote it and how the actors acted it.

I feel so un-selfish. I'm so proud of myself. :)

14 days... wow. Two whole weeks. Actually, it's not that bad.. not long ago I remember hearing.. what was it.. something like 45 days. Random picture popped up into my head of reading 45 days.

The CSI's should do karaoke. One night, they should all go to a club or something and do karaoke. And since everyone knows about Grissom and Sara, they don't need to hide it, so they could just go up and sing a cute, little love song. :)

I have no clue how that popped into my head. Sometimes I wonder about this brain of mine..

Okay, well I'm going to go and contradict what I said earlier about not knowing where I stand. I just thought about it more and I think if they were on different shifts, one shift would definitely get less screen time. That's what I can see, anyway. I really like seeing them interact at work and obsessing about all the things that wouldn't be shippy in the real world. Cause we don't get a lot of shippyness, so we tend to find something in every scene they are in together to obsess over. "*GASP* GRISSOM JUST WINKED AT SARA!!! *dies*"

I think that's why we're all so obsessed with GSR. I mean, sure, there's other shows out there with couples that are somewhat like Grissom and Sara, but we've grown to know these characters. And since we don't get a lot of shippy scenes, we want them.. so we sit and wait.. and wait.. and wait.. and SQUEE over something that in another show would mean absolutely nothing because the couple ended up making out on the table in another scene anyway. So fans of that show obsessed over the whole.. table-making-out-ness. And we obsess over Grissom making eye contact with Sara for 0.0984 seconds.

Why do my posts always end up being random thoughts? I mean, they never make any sense at all. :)

9. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Hey guys, I've been thinking about CSI & GSR while out stacking firewood (no big suprise as to what I think about when my mind wanders).
    Anyway ,I was thinking about how different the original backstories (used in lots of older fan fics I've been reading) are from the backstories that developed over time. It made me wonder if when they started CSI they had a little bit lighter show in mind. Lots of the season one eps had humor & fun scenes & flirting & Sara had a happy family. Then as the actors & writers got a feel for the gravity of the subject things got heavier & more tragic.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Me too, I know she lives.. and so no one will be miffed, I'll put this in the little 'spoiler' mode and this one everyone should read ;)

Hey fans this is great news, I just found the new S/8 promo picture, and guess who's in it? yes indeed SARA, so that pretty much squelches any false rumor that she lives, cause she does, she's totally in the photo YIPPE ;) I'll go post it in the S/8 picture thread

And bengali your funny, counting down the exact moments!

[​IMG]

11. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

i love your analysis sara sullivan
    we do get uber excited about the tiniest things, that would be totally over looked if they were bopping each other every other episode (sorry for bop, just watched fur and loathing, the catherine scene about furry chests, it's in my head)
    i'd rather them be on separate shifts than sara be gone for good or close to good. do you know how hard it would be to keep a relationship alive if one person worked days and one worked nights.
    it'd be great if griss was like a consultant/part time teacher locally. then he's there, but there's no drama over him being her supervisor. ooo, i smell a fanfic

lol, in conclusiong
    GSRGSRGSRGSRGSRGSRGSRGSRGSRGSRGSRGSR...oh, did i mention...

GSR?

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I feel like the amount of conversation in here has really deteriorated as of late. That's probably because we're all on a mega-high with the premiere only two weeks away.

I've been thinking a lot about how Natalie figured out that Sara meant so much to Gil, and while it was an interesting little moment between them at the sight of the overturned Mustang, I do believe that Natalie had to have been stalking them more than that. I don't think she would have gotten from that arm brush, "Only person he's ever loved. Got it."

I think she definitely got a spark off of that, but I think there's more to it than we've imagined. I mean, she had all those sketches of Sara, and she obviously planned it out. I think she must've seen some other event between the two of them, at the very least, for her to have connected so strongly to the idea that punishing Gil meant taking Sara.

Also, why do you think she allowed Sara to live? I mean, sure, you could argue that it was for intensified anguish on Gil's part, but she's never allowed anyone else to live. She took them out fairly quickly, actually, if I remember accurately. She never let anyone have a slow, suffering death.

So, what's your take on Natalie's motivations and the way her twisted brain works? Dya think she followed Gil and Sara more than we've been told? Dya think we'll get a flashback to something with her watching them during the premiere? Dya think she just KNEW that Gil loved Sara based on ArmSex??

Let's celebrate the oncoming premiere with some cold, hard discussion!

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW :eek: I feel the conversation is exciting and exhilarating and has not deteriorated what-so-ever, in fact quite the opposite, we've, these wonderful fans on here, discussed and hashed this to death [no pun intended] what else is there to say right now, Natalie saw Grissom and Sara working together in the lab, where she worked too... we've discussed all the things you've mentioned.. the premiere is two week's from tonight bengali knows the exact minutes :D

[​IMG]

14. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I agree with you Alyssa, there is no way Natalie could have seen Grissom touch Sara's arm and think they are in a relationship. She has several sketches of them. I am pretty sure that in the end of the episode Empty Eyes, it is Natalie with the mop. She has been following them for a while.

I hate to say this but I think you are right Alyssa on the different shifts if she lives and it wouldn't be totally bad if he had a good death. I mean think about she holds on until Grissom gets there and she looking in his eyes and he's crying and she crying and she saysI I lo love you Gil Grissom and he says I love you too. Them she dies. Or she gives him something after that and says I do and then she dies. Then we see him and he's at a service for Sara and then he tells everyone the story about him her and what happened, how they met ect. Then we also see him spreading her ashes on a mountain. I still wouldn't watch the show anymore after that, but if they give her the respect she deserves and she leaves in the right way, then I wil have respect for the show. If she lives though (and she will live) then I think they should stay on the same shift but work different cases.

15. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

I think too Al It's kinda been diminished a little.

I think it's because most people are S-F and they want to stay away from EVERYTHING because if someone slips, that's it, it's ruined.

Anyway! On to the topic of discussion!

Well, I think she knew from the beginning, that Sara was special. Not only to Grissom, but to her as well. I guess she felt like she could BE Sara. She was jealous of Sara because of what she had: Someone who loved her. ANd I think Natalie was so jealous, that she became upset and enraged with Sara because she had what she wanted and with Grissom because he was the one who was giving it to her and the motivation behind it.

Did that make sense? Because, again, it sounded better in my head...

When was Empty Eyes? Because remember at the end when they were walking out, there was a janitor their mopping the floor? I mean, I know it definately wasn't the same actress, but it most definately may be Natalie. So, I think she was watching them closely, for a little while. She wanted to watch and learn their/her every move.

I really hope we get a flashback of her watching them. Or something like Sara and Grissom walking to the car and Sara saying "Do you feel that?" ANd Natalie's in the shadows and Sara turns around and she's not there. And she just shakes her head and says "Nevermind." Something like that. Like Sara KNEW she was being followed or something like that.

Well...it WAS an intimate gesture. :p.

No, but seriously. She had to have SOME kind of idea. I mean, it was a touch, yeah, but it was a LITTLE more than a friendly touch. He certainly wouldn't touch Catherine like that. So, to answer that? Yeah, I think she did. She had some sort of recognition with that head gesture she made. Like she realized in her head "Ooooh. I get it. He loves HER." Kinda thing.

I think I covered all the bases there.

Again, I really hope this all makes sense because it does in my head. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.