Grissom & Sara #29: The Only Person He Ever Loved

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by eggbe4thechicken, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenforGrissom

FallenforGrissom Police Officer

Alyssa excellent analysis of GSR!! :) :)
    I don't even want to begin thinking about what type of Grissom we'll be seeing if Sara died...It would be Butterflied all over again...but worse...and Grissom would be totally withdrawn, probably would not stand the pressure this time...no, not in a million years i would want to see this Grisssom in S8!! :(
    I know it in my heart that TPTB won't let Sara die, but sth's telling me that we won't have a happy ending in GSR...don't get me wrong, i don't know why i'm feeling that (maybe because i have the fever right now??) ;).
    What if Sara is ok, but has amnesia and she can't remember a thing about Grissom and GSR?? How weird will this be?? :eek: GSR starting all over again!! :p

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, i'm going back to bed now... :rolleyes:

2. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

Alyssa, all I can say to that is WOW.

That was incredible, beautifully written, thoughtful and thought provoking, deep, and so accurate it feels like you were in Grissom's head (don't you wish you were).

As for season 8 coming up, we have two months and nine days left until Sep 20. (But who's counting). I am sure I'm going to hear slack about this, but I might like to see a "butterflied" Grissom searching for her, and if it took several episodes, I would be ok with that AS LONG AS he does in fact find her. Then we could have the kiss in the rain, and then the Ecklie scenes we've talked about, then the Lady Heather scene also mentioned recently. Yeah, that'd do me just fine for a few months.

You just summed up in one episode what I (and I think all GSR shippers out there) absolutely ADORE about this couple. The sweetness of it. I have wanted characters on tv to get together before, but I have never felt like two non-real people were true soul mates before these two. They are literally Perfect for each other. She is a little over emotional, he bottles it all up, but together, they achieve a balance unequaled.

3. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

i agree with everyone when they say that was amazing! it was an amazing summary, and thought was great. that would be a good episode for a first timer. if i could get my friends to watch that, then maybe they would love it to, but i cant get them NEAR Csi... :(

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I friggin' want an egg chair! *has a tantrum*
    Anywho, where was I? I was bored senseless, with no internet, because the internet providers screwed us over. :rolleyes: :lol:

Whoot Alyssa's back too. :p Congrats on all things lovey dovey and all. *sighs* :)

Well if they've got there head screwed on securely, then any ep really, just not LHB, or the pilot. :rolleyes: :lol: If there head doesn't have all nuts and bolts fastened tightly, with a few screws loose, then butterflied, or Leapin' Lizards, or an ep that makes it really obvious, you know? Since their cheese may have slipped slightly on their cracker, anything too angsty may confuse them and make them a grillows shipper or something equally as drastic. *shudders* A fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. :p

5. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

On the "I don't know what to do about this." discussion, my input is that Grissom was acknowledging that something existed between them but at the moment in which Sara approached him, he didn't know how to put that in to words. A lot had happened to both of them that day and he was probably quite surprised by her proposal. I don't see him rejecting her as a negative thing necessarily because it also shows him openly admitting that he does in fact return Sara's feelings for him. If it was that he simply did not want to have dinner with her, why not just refuse? I think he was letting her know, in his own Grissom-y way that he cared for her as more than a friend.

Later on in Butterflied when his feelings for her are confirmed, we learn that he is scared of starting a relationship with her because she's young and beautiful and he doesn't see what he has to offer her. (Okay, that's not exactly what he says but close enough) He is probably unsure of how to explain all that to Sara.

There's also the age difference , the fact that's he's her boss and other boring things that are on his conscious.

Now my question:
    What do you guys thinks made Grissom change his mind about starting a relationship with her?

ETA: egg! Welcome back! Isn't it nice to see you had everyone worried :)

6. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

HURRAY! EGGY MY LOVE! YOUR BACK! I MISSED YOU! :D. ::squeezes the life outta eggy:: It's good to know you weren't trapped under a Mustang. :lol:

Ladies! I have found a home for my Jorja sign! :D Take a look...

[​IMG]

Fit's perfectly, dontcha think? I might make it my icon I like it so much. :lol:

Okay, GSR. The real reason I'm here.

Hmmm...well...This is a toughy. Pardon me if I don't make sense because I was really feeling crappy today and it's still kinda there....now, on to my explaination(sp?)...

I think the reason he rejected her, is because, as people said here, he was afraid. Plus, he had to deal with his hearing and what not. But don't forget, Hank entered the picture that season, so I think it hurt his feelings. Knowing that he was younger and better looking. (YEAH. RIGHT. :rolleyes:) Hence, that brings me to Butterflied. Grissom FINALLY realizes how much he needs/wants/loves her. How awful his life would be without her. Alyssa fit it to a TEA, so I mimic her response on that...

Did that make sense? Because I'm kinda loopy right now.

I'm getting ready to go out to dinner for my friend's 22nd B-day. Everyone don't have too much fun without me now! :D

Lata.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

When he first said "NO" I was going, what a jerk-face :mad: and then watching it many times, his quick response was, so Grissom.. mabe he was busy, maybe because of the curcumstances, maybe.. for whatever reason, he was stunned, and just said the first thing that popped into his geeky brain, he's impossible to figure him out, back then :eek: but he's evolved, and come to the realization of his sincere deep rooted feelings for her, as time went by!

[​IMG] and now[​IMG]

And hey eggy what's up? internet problems :mad: been there, it's a drag, welcome back!

8. butterflied08

butterflied08 Rookie

You know, I was thinking the same thing about his immediate response to her question. This is going to seem irrelavent, but it has a purpose I promise! When I was in eighth grade, I switched to a new school. A group of "popular" girls asked me to eat lunch with them during the first week at school because I was sitting by myself. Without thinking, I said "No thanks". To this day I don't understand why I said no...it turned out to be a good choice because those girls were not the type I'd want to be friends with, but still. It was an opportunity to go out of my comfort zone and sit with new people that could become my friends, and I turned them down without hesitation or thought. I'm thinking Grissom was in a similar situation when Sara kind of popped the dinner invite on him- an opportunity to step out of his "box" and start a relationship presented itself and since he was put on the spot, he just turned it down without thought.

Wow, I've never been able to relate a story of my life to CSI before- congrats for instigating it y'all!

9. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

*blink* I've just been going through the posts, and like what's with all the panicking?! :rolleyes: *feels loved* umm, yeah.
    I was naughty, and went on the internet at work, and I don't know my talk password. :lol: So I sent Ams a message to let her know what happened. ;)
    :eek: :lol: You are absolutely hilarious, why couldn't I have had teachers like you? :lol:

Ooooooh! There's a poll. Isn't this a great way to spend your evening/morning. :rolleyes: I voted other. A combination of S5 and S7 of course. No idea why... *shoves formalities in DVD player*

SSR8 loving the sign. :lol: I say stick it to the outside of your house, so that peeps get confused. :p Not that I would do such a thing of course. *removes fake no entry sign off the road*

See the thing is... they had to go back to filming. :rolleyes:

:lol: It certainly is. :lol: Loves everybody. *passes out omelettes*

10. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

EGGY!!!!! Welcome back chica!

My two cents: The first time I watched PWF, of course I screamed "Say yes! GD IT...BAD Grissom, BAD! Yeah Sara! You tell 'im!" Then after I calmed down a bit..2 years later.. ;P I realized he was still tackling his own demons. Whether it be the hearing loss/surgery, or akin to what was said in Butterflied. He didn't want to be hurt. By saying "I don't know what to do about this" he's at least aknowledging the fact that he knows he's been flirtatious and maybe sending signals her way, and he knows she's taken them more than lightly, but he's still unsure of himself, unsure of where he stands in their "relationship". I chalk it all up to horrible timing. Of course she was mostly unaware of his hearing problems, but on top of being injured, being in shock, and having the feeling of invinsibility, timing really wasn't on either of their sides that day. We see him linger at the door frame a few seconds as she walks away, maybe he wanted to say something more, but as usual she filled in for his lapse in conversation. Maybe once he was able to overcome his speechlessness and she overcame filling the awkward silence that prevailed is when they finally got together. Yay Nesting Dolls & Committed!! Me. Bed. SLEEP!

Go Team SO!!!

11. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

I agree that he was scared, for all the reasons already mentioned. I also think that he was surprised. I think that he was a little bowled over that Sara would want him at all, no less that she would be brave enough to ask him out. I don't think he thought back then he was young, good looking etc... enough for her. I think that when he said "I don't know what to do about this" to her, he meant exactly that: "I know that I am very attracted to you, that there is this incredible chemistry between us, but I have never felt it before, and I have never even considered opening myself up before, and you of all people could crush me because there is so very much inside me that wants you in every way". I think that they compliment each other (personality wise) so well, that even though now we know that it was worth the risk because they're so great together, at the time it must have seemed to him to not only be leaving his comfort zone, but leaving it miles behind him and that is why he said no for then.

What I think changed his mind (re:CSI_LOVE), is that when you find that someone, no matter how scared or introverted or scarred you are, you can't help wanting to be with them. And I don't think that Sara was one to take one I don't know what to do for an answer. To me she is the type of person who would take it as a challenge, to make him realize how much he does care and that you really can't fight love. Even if you are Gil Grissom.

Lastly,

WELCOME BACK EGGY!!!!!!!!We missed you and are very glad that you are back!!!! :D

12. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

Alyssa, Great post, welcome back. I guess the honeymoon's over if you had time for the great post.
    I hope they start filming soon so we can find out about Jorja's contract. Aside from that I'm going to try to be spoiler free this year.

13. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

wow Alyssa, great post! very in depth and thorough!

Bengali13, I totally agree with you on the interpretation of the "I don't know what to do about this" - it's like stepping into new unchartered territory for him and he really doesn't know how to go about it. whereas a lot of people jump into that sort of thing feet first and then think about the possible consiquences, he did the opposite.

Also agree about how well they compliment each other - even though they're poles apart - well as they say, opposites attract!

I am trying to post a bit more... i'm still trying to get through the pages of posts so that I don't feel I am repeating things already said, I got to about page 15 of part 28 when i had to give up and go to bed! lol

I can't wait for the season to start up again, unfortunately in the UK it's not going to be until next year when we get to see what happened - i just want to know if Sara survives (which of course she will, they wont let a great character and a great relationship go down the drain like that!!) and then i'm going to attempt to go spoiler free, it's gonna be tough though.

I'm pretty open as to what I'd like to see next season re:GSR, I really like the way they handle it now - how we KNOW they are knocking boots and have such a thing for each other etc, yet the most physical they've ever got on screen is the arm and hand touching - it's so subtile! I don't rule out things like marriage, but again if it were to be done, i think it'd be very much along the same lines as to how they do it now, most of it wouldn't be on screen and done very much on the quiet - lol - I can see them getting married but it not actually being revealed until several episodes after and again we'd be left thinking "huh? when did that happen?!" lol but I am a bit of a hopeless romantic for that kinda stuff... I don't know, I think they could take the relationship in any direction, as long as they keep it subtile and don't let it dominate the storyline... i think it could be done, and be done well.

I'm still getting up to speed on GSR, I've always liked CSI but it's only recently that i've REALLY gotten into it and begun to notice these things, before i totally didn't see the chemisty between them, now i'm like "it's SO obvious! how could you miss it?!" - so i'm watching old epis on Five, Living and FiveUS (3 epis a night baby!!)- a bit of a mish mash of seasons and it's getting a bit confusing as to what's happening lol

Laurie

14. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

Hey guys, good morning. I thought for the last few episodes of season 7 that Griss & Sara might have already been married & we just didn't know yet. I thought they might reveal it with a little thing like Grissom forgetting to take off his wedding ring before he went to work. I thought that would have been so cool.

15. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

lol bingo, that's exactly how I saw it being revealed! lol again nothing big, something very subtile. something like:

Nick "errr Gris, what's with the ring"
    Grissom "oh yeah, me and Sara got married last week"
    Nick "*cough cough splutter* you... you... did i just hear you right?"
    lol

Laurie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.