Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Ok, you win. Because you want to know the truth? I'm not much a Sofia hater anymore either. I think I disliked her so much at first because she was new. I hate new. *shudders*

But hey, I can't shudder at Keppler, because Liev Schreiber is damn fine. So there. :p But no, I don't like his character much - perhaps because they over exposed him so much in advertisements before the episode aired. I know that getting an actor of his caliber was/is important and all... but they are trying way to hard to make him interesting. And it's not nice of them to rub it in that "Grissom is gone - here's the new guy to 'fill his labcoat' so to speak. Psh. That'll never happen.

*giggles* I less then three you too!

Wow. There must have been some sort of gutterfly epidemic. I totally fell asleep on the couch ten minutes before it started. I was that tired. I woke up a half hour it was over and *thankfully* watched what my faithful VCR had taped.

So. I was reading my Cosmo this afternoon... what? Shut up, I LIKE cosmo. No, there was no point to my saying that. I just had a major brain freeze and forgot all the questions that were posed so therefore I'm waiting for my computer to bring them back to me... ahhh, there they are.

"What is it about GSR that keeps us all coming back."

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but here's why I keep coming back.

Like Alyssa said, it isn't my anti-drug, GSR is my addiction. It's the chemistry that WP and JF can bring to my TV week after week, even when they are given almost nothing to work with.

It's that they can make a handhold seem like the most romantic thing on earth - but when it comes to eyesex, there's nobody better.

It's the way that some of our best scenes were not built on some primal animal lust but on the fact that they are just two people who wholeheartedly CARE about one another.

It's how I can rewatch Butterflied and Committed literally, over and over and still get psyched whenever it's on Spike. Though this may have something to do with nothing more then the fact that I'm addicted...

I guess this question was harder to answer then I thought, because it's so many things. I can't tell you what makes it so addicting, I just know that even the smallest taste has me needing more.

TPTB are like a drug dealer... wouldn't they just love THAT analogy. And you know what? By the time Grissom gets back, I'm gonna be seriously itching for my fix.

Angst or not - I'm gonna be needing something. And angst always worked in my favor before. *claps happily* I just cannot friggin' WAIT. Yes. I am aware that I have a serious problem.

If he sends flowers, I'm going to smack him. Plane tickets seem a little predictable but I wouldn't say it's completely off the table... Sarahs right though, I can see him being just enough of a social idiot to FedEx a ring. Not necessarily a engagement ring mind you, But some peice of jewlery all the same. As long as it's not a T-Shirt size 'newborn' from the college student center. I honestly can't think of a scenario right now, in my head, in which Sara would be upset over getting it. Unless it's something like a ring and she's upset over the presentation of it. Or feels like he's only givng it to her to try and make her less upset - we all know that that tends to have the opposite effect. The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Oh, and how adorable is Jorja with Glasses?

That is all.

2. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

so i sorry but where is jorja with glasses :eek: :confused: :confused:

3. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Freaky, i fell asleep on the couch after re-watching it yesturday.*Twiligt Zone tune*(Then my mom started poking me saying 'is she awake?' and i was all like 'well i am now') anyway... keppler scares me. mostly because he thinks like a serial killer.

kind of random, but I fell down the stairs today and i think i broke my toe.

Edit:
    Other Photos from the csi cooking class:

Billy and Jorja More Billy and jorja

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Up in front of Greg ;)I'll try and find some more of this group.. and post them..

5. chocolate_bunnys

6. Desertwind

Well, CB ya' beat to it..I just found some more of the cooking classes, but the same ones you posted :(and the Class was run by Jill Prescott, and the Greg pic so cute.. AWWWW, and yes, you are odd man out ~~~ducks~~~ on the icons/avatars..get with it girl :lol:

7. chocolate_bunnys

Sorry, didnt mean to steal your picture-posting spotlight.

*clears throat* Man? do i look like a man to you? :lol: Kidding. I mean not kidding about the man thing, I am a woman.and am happy to be one.i uhh. you know what i mean.

well my banner is partialy deticated to gsr so my icon can be dedicated to Adisson/Alex(of Greys anatomy, if anyone didnt know) woah i am to tired to spell right tonight.

8. Desertwind

That's just a "old saying" doesn't mean any gender particulary ;) and I'm glad you posted those pics. their great!!! thank's ;)

[​IMG] "ENL"

9. chocolate_bunnys

Yah I know, i am just being weird and tired.

Ohhh 'pin me down sceen' that has to be my all-time fav sceen, cuz i am just dirty-minded, i have saved on my computer for goodness sakes, i really need a life... and a spell-checker

10. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Thanks for the pics all!
    First time I ever see the ones of the cooking class I mean I only have seen one of those..and the one of greg oh myy goshh aww so cutee!! Love it!
    I Love the pin down scene! cause there is THE LOOK, that I think said a lot!
    Regards

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I think what I love most about the Pin Me Down scene is that Gil can't take his eyes off her. Sara's just explaining away, glancing down at the sheet, telling how it all went down, and he's just watching her. He just can't stop. I also love that SHE's the one to break the moment. She couldn't be that close to him that long without really feeling uncomfortable/YUMMED. I just love that he was so caught up in the moment, he totally didn't mind standing three inches from her in the middle of the lab.

I mean, you think there were issues with SDD and the hand/face connection! I can just picture them standing there, Nick walking in, wondering what the heck is going on... LOL! Gil LOVED being that close to Sara. I just love that he's touching her, his hands are on her, and it's skin, and it's organic (yes, I know I use that term a lot, but it SOOO works), and it's awesome. I mean, just a few episodes later he laments the fact that all his touching is done through latex gloves...

Gosh, I wonder if he'll touch her when he's trying to follow her around the lab... Like, will he put a hand on her arm to try to get her to face him??? oh, the mind... it boggles.

12. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

That's an awesome interpretation as always, Alyssa; you rock! :)

What gets to me is that Grissom just doesn't see it. It never occurs to him that he's being inappropriate with a subordinate, because being with her this way just feels so natural to him. That's why I love the title of the episode. Grissom is always letting slip little pieces of "invisible evidence" that Sara means more to him that he lets on or even realizes himself, and no one sees it... except maybe Catherine. Hence her reply when Gil asks her if he went overboard in his smackdown of Sara earlier: "Not enough!" I think she's telling him that he's got to watch it; he's not going far enough to convince a watchful person (i.e. her, possibly Ecklie) that there's nothing between them.

Which brings me to "Leaving Las Vegas": Come to think of it, maybe there's more to that sly grin on Catherine's face when she says, "Maybe he's got himself a girlfriend" than we originally thought. She could be teasing Nicky, and at the same time make it seem slightly "ridiculous" that the Gil Grissom they know would actually find himself a GIRL... especially since Nicky has apparently been very observant about changes in Gil's usual demeanor. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that she's put two and two together, and subtly trying to throw Nicky off the track.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I was going to say quickly about Sofia that while I'm tempted to believe I no longer care about her because she's not a threat to GSR anymore, I also think that when they stopped making her "Grissom's Temptress" they basically changed the whole character.

Now she's the "hard-ass" cop, but there was always this note of flirtation about her that she doesn't have anymore. *shrug*

And maybe it was that that was a tad annoying or just plain silly. We don't need two Catherines. lol.

And it's likely the whole "frowning on office politics" thing. Grissom is used to doing a lot of things like this with Catherine, so because they've always been close friends, he doesn't consider the proximity when it's with someone he likes. He's at work, he's in work mode, and then all of the sudden his brain clicks and he seems to go, "Oh - right. We like Sara. Well... this is nice."

Like it's been said so many times before - does he need to show how someone puts their hands down on the bed to get up after Sara has already said it? No.

14. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

someone may have said and I missed it, but when was the csi cooking class??? I noticed WP has his beard. I hope he keeps it. Will this be featured on tv. That I would love to see!!!!!!!!

15. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Bows to Miss Dee. Lady, when it comes to analytical posts, you're the queen, but I'll happily be your understudy! :)

Haylee: I think those pics were taken over the summer. It was something Eric Szmanda wanted to do, and got everyone to do it with him..

Ok, I'm working on a Sara sketch. It's actually pretty much done... but I'm worried about doing the hair. I want it to look REAL, and I've never been good at hair... Any other sketchers out there willing to offer help?

I think my new thing is to see whatever episode is coming on Spike, and then come here and analyze... And it's kinda fun to relive the past a bit.

Ok, I want to do something a little different... I want to try to compile a list of every GSR moment, ever. My fiance needs this list because he wants to write an essay on GSR and showcase how it has been a part of the show from the very beginning.

Season 1:

Cool Change: Since Norman fell
    Crate and Burial: Tape me Up
    Unfriendly Skies: Cite Your Source
    Sex, Lies and Larvae: Do you want to sleep with me?/Fetal Pig Syndrome
    Too Tough to Die: Chasing Rabbits
    Gentle, Gentle: Printer Smiles
    Sounds of Silence: Other women.
    Strip Strangler: Touching in the Store

Season 2:

Scuba Doobie Do: What's your pulse at, now?
    You've Got Male: Easy to wear your heart on your sleeve when you're not looking in his eyes.
    Burden of Proof: Sentiment? From, Grissom.
    Primum Non Nocere: Since I met You/Beauty, Grissom, Remember?
    Chasing the Bus: Grissom Look
    Hunger Arist: Unbound.

Season 3:

The Accused is Entitled: Relationship?/You look nice./Inappropriate physical contact
    Let the Seller Beware: Confusing.
    Blood Lust: I need you
    Play With Fire: Honey, this doesn't look good./By the time you figure it out, it really could be too late.

Season 4

Homebodies: Grissom/Sara eyecontact at end
    Invisible Evidence: Pin. Me. Down.
    Butterflied: Doppleganger/Obsession/Hallucination/Confession
    Getting Off: You see me every day.
    XX: Christmas Gift.
    Bad Words: Vixen
    Turn of the Screws: We'd like to be alone./A screw?
    Bloodlines: Vacation/Handhold/Take you Home.

Season 5

Down the Drain: Concerned.
    Harvest: Smart seventh grader.
    Swap Meet: The Rules/Girl at the office/Tea for Two.
    Snakes: Always been more than a boss to me.
    Nesting Dolls: Living room confession/handhold/I Need Her.
    4x4: She was in the shower with GREG!?
    Comitted: Dead Whale is just a Whale./Attack Freak Out/Body Language post attack/"Baby"
    Grave Danger: Trigger!

Season 6

Room Service: That's what he does.
    Bite Me: Sex or Romance.
    ABRTI2: Failed Triangle Scene/Per me/Experiment in the Alley
    Daddy's Little Girl: Thermite
    Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye: Grey Hair, yum.
    Roshamama: Bridesmaids, Anyway!
    Poppin' Tags: Mouth to Mouth.
    Time of Your Death: Eyesex, please./Fantasies come True/Best Kept Private/Jewelry pretty!
    Way To Go: Hand to Shoulder/Wasp Waist/FREAKIN' CANON GEEKLOVE

Season 7

Built to Kill: Veggie Burger.
    Built to Kill 2: Suspicious Ecklie/What do you want us to do?
    Toe Tags: Boring Grissom/Chainsaw Antics
    Fannysmackin': Pick on someone your own size. Rawr!
    Double Cross: No, Dear.
    Burn Out: Go easy on Greg.
    Happenstance: You silly misanthrope!
    Loco Motives: See how it feels?
    Leaving Las Vegas: So, you're going?

What'd I miss!? I used the Geek Love timeline to try to help fill in my gaps... but what else is there? Help! What episode do they cross the street arm in arm? What about PSVs... Any other references and moments?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.