Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

desertwind i think the same ;) "I'm sure he is a wonderful person, and that's cool, but on CSI" i think that this guy is risky in the lab or csi lol .
    the pic is lovely ..damn it i miss you grissom and the geek love :rolleyes: :(

2. katjo

katjo Witness

I know what you mean. I never picked up on any of that stuff. It amazes me how people analyze stuff and I just watch the show. I never catch anything between the lines.

But my opinion of Sara hiding behind folders, jackets, crossed arms, etc... is that she does that because she has low self-esteem or is self concsious of herself. I dated a guidance counselor a while back and he noticed that I crossed my arms a lot and when we watched TV I would always hold onto a pillow, and various other things he noticed. He was always analyzing everything I did (one reason we broke-up..drove me nuts) and he said he thought I did that subconcsiously. Well that was true. When I was in junior high I developed later than the other girls and of course I got made fun of. But in high school I blossomed into full womanhood and all that went away, but I still to this day am paranoid if I feel like someone is checking me out, thus I hide behind things. HMMMM!

Maybe I am over-thinking this....I just don't want any GEEKBABIES. So officially put me on the TEAM-BEARDED NO BABIES list! :lol:

Also I didn't like Sweet Jane that much. I was very sleepy while watching it, but I think they nailed the guy a little too easily. Maybe I missed something, I'm going to re-watch it because my hubby had to work last night so I'll get his opinion. Maybe I was just missing Grissom too much. :(

Ok, I just watched the promo for Redrum on GSR.com and it showed Sara getting into Grissom's desk and taking a key out. She looked very sneaky while doing it, she was looking around to make sure no one saw her. The people over at YTDAW are trying to figure it out. Now I am getting real excited for next weeks show.

3. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

katjo i'm so excited for next episode too . I can't stop think in that key...what open...Do you guys think she is doing this without Grissom's permission ?. Can be other reason for the fight between them ...ha can't wait

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Keep the love going :p so, their filming again with him.. news forthcoming ;) "Running Up The Phone Bill"

[​IMG] "LLV"

[​IMG] Sara, pick up!!!!

I'd like to kiss her before the show ends..William Petersen..Galaxie Magazine..2005

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I'm starting to wonder why I love this ship so much. No, I'm not jumping ship. It's just late night on a very tough day, and my mind is wandering back to ships I've liked in the pasts, and current ships I'm onboard.

Most of the ships I've been on in the past were a lot more overt, with the shows not being consumed by the ship, but certainly not as hesitant to highlight it as a show such as CSI is. So, what is it about GSR that keeps us all coming back? I've decided, it's addictive. Pure and simple. It's so potent and involving that we can't resist it. Every moment is up for interpretation and contemplation, and the levels to which the actors give their characters keep us intrigued. There are some actors who, when given a romantic or even flirtatious scene, I shake my head at the screen because I'm thinking about the actor motivation for things rather than the character motivation.

Case in point: "Judas on a Pole" was a recent ep of "Bones." When Booth touched Bones' face, it felt forced. Her movement to look away in the first place felt forced, and I kept wondering if it was a director choice or an actor choice. Yes, I analyze GSR that way, too, but not as a gut reaction. My gut reaction to GSR moments is more organic, and more character-oriented.

For example, in LLV, my heart was breaking in that final scene. When Grissom stepped into the room, his fingers flexing, I believed it. I believed the movement. I even believed the way Sara had her jacket slung across her arm. It's funny... I recently went back to "Strip Strangler," and in the scene at Grissom's home, she slings her jacket over her arm in the same manner... Same arm. I love continuity...

Anyway, I believed her movement. Whether she was self-consciously covering her belly because of a baby, or because of her own fears, or because she was trying to protect herself, it felt natural. I didn't wonder the reason the first time I watched it. I believed it. It was organic.

The actors bring life to these characters, and that's why we're hooked on it. People might say GSR is their antidrug... Not me. GSR is my crack. Because, it's potent and powerful, and I want more. I'm addicted. And, over time, I want more potent and more powerful scenes. And, thus far, TPTB are doing a fairly good job of that. Sure, we haven't gotten our passionate embrace, yet, but I think we still could! :)

Lots of shows overwhelm you with tons and tons of passion and lust with no substance. "Enterprise" made that mistake with T'Pol and Trip at the beginning. It took a different producer jumping in for their relationship to be something people CARED about. Sure, Vulcan massages and freaky sex can be interesting, but once you've gone that far, it's tough to keep up that level of sexuality. Instead, the characters got to FINALLY showcase that they cared about each other through tough moments, tender moments, and tentative steps towards one another.

GSR was never a flash in the pan relationship. It was never about crazed sex to satisfy an urge. It was never about letting off some sexual steam with a young blood. GSR is about love and caring. Yes, there's some passion in there, but at the base of that are two people who genuinely love and care for one another. We've watched them go through some of the toughest times, reliving memories, toughing it out through fights and arguments, and trying to coexist when their opinions varied. We've also gotten to see them enjoying each other's company, challenging each other's views, and lending each other support. I think that's another thing that keeps us coming back. We're not watching the two of them, wondering about their motives in this relationship. We know why they're together: Because they want to be. They're together because they love one another, and they're looking to be together until they die, and that's beautiful.

It's a relationship that has taken us through rollercoasters, and even when poor decisions were made, even when one really screwed the other over, even when it seemed like they were on completely different pages, we knew they cared about one another. That was never a question. Even when Gil denied it, even when Sara said she had moved on, we knew they still cared about one another.

Their relationship is complex and dirty and dark and beautiful. It's not perfect, because it's organic. A garden is not made only of beautiful flowers. There are often weeds that need to be pulled out, ground that needs to be disturbed... but none of this is done to harm the garden. Pulling weeds out is tough, sometimes, but it gives the roots room to grow and breathe. Tilling the ground can be difficult, and you might dig up things you didn't want to, but ultimately, the ground will be more fertile. That's what I love about this relationship. It's beautiful, but not perfect. It's a garden. It's alive and ever-changing and developing. It's not a static relationship, inwhich the characters live in pure bliss or utter despair. It's beautiful.

I've ranted, I know, but there's just something I adore about this relationship. At times, it reminds me of my own with my fiance (oh, the fights... but, oh, the wonderful times as well!). I love that Grissom and Sara are not portrayed as stock characters, but rather as human beings. I know that sounds rediculous since they are clearly actors on a soundstage (or on location, etc) and are not real beyond the television screen. But, for those 46 minutes I'm watching CSI, I'd like to believe they could be, because I'd like to go on a double date with them! :) Sure, I might be lost on some of the science, but my fiance knows poetry and Shakespeare! And I'm obsessive compulsive! So, there'd be lots of common ground! :)

I think that's why I'm so excited about the upcoming angst. I was worried for a long time that any GSR angst would be unbelievable, but TPTB have played their cards incredibly, thus far. Setting us up with that uncomfortable goodbye in LLV gave even the unspoiled the slightest clue that things weren't happy in GSR-land. And, I can't wait to see Grissom and Sara encounter all they're about to... as long as they both grow. And.... get back together. Duh. :p

Edited because "live" and "life" are two different words. And "ane" is not a word. Gosh, I should proofread! Sorry!

6. Sidlreiana_15

i am not excited about the key cause sara is angry with him.. no hug or good bye kiss i don´t think in the good welcome for grissom in the back :( i know i am very pessimistic for the future geek love is angst :(

7. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

FAV QUOTE:

Sara: Will you sleep with me?
    [long pause]
    Grissom: Did you just say what i think you said?

Anyways, i hope to see me more of their ship in the show. (Bow chika bow bow... KIDDING!)

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Alyssa, I think you kind of answered your own question. lol.

For me, it's incredibly impressive that these two actors made a huge, obvious amount of chemistry out of a handful of lines and scenes over 6 years. So much so that while people may not like the pairing, they can't deny that at the very least it had always been there (whether they want to say it was one-sided or not).

And again - that's impressive. I also like that there wasn't constant sexual tension, though. They could work together regularly without it being "he breathes down her neck" or "she haunts his steps".

Which is part of the other reason why I ship - I knew that should they ever get together, we wouldn't have to worry about this huge amount of unprofessionalism at work.

And it hasn't been that way at all.

Back to Sweet Jane - I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the dour mood, and I enjoy how every time Grissom leaves, there's a very sad feeling to the whole lab. Like Grissom somehow keeps them all motivated and glued together.

I'm hoping that the gift doesn't get cut. My fingers are crossed, since CM DID mention it, and because it's such a huge key to their interaction in 7x15 and 7x16, but you never know...

Okay - what does everyone think it is? Quick - before we get the episode (lol), place your bets on what you think she's going to get. I, believe it or not, think he's actually Grissom enough to Fed Ex a ring.

9. katjo

katjo Witness

It's like a challenge. The less you see of it, the more you want it. TPTB know exactly what they are doing. And it sucks! :mad: At least for us it sucks. If we saw GSR all the time, we would totally love it at first, but then it would get old (at least for some people). This is my theory of it anyway. We always want what we can't have. It's just human nature.

10. katjo

katjo Witness

Sorry I didn't meant to double post, but I wasn't sure how to do another quote in an edit. Anyhow:
    I don't think it will be a ring. I don't think they are ready for that yet. I think it will be some kind of framed insect that has to do with what he is teaching at Willams, or it will be some kind of book. The box is way to big for jewelry IMO.

11. Sidlreiana_15

´i think the same , i don´t think that she is angry if grissom send an ring ;) :( i don´t know why but i think that he send one book about bugs ... :( only i hope that the key don´t will be about the apartment of grissom for water the plants :rolleyes:

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i actually don't hate Sofia. when i first watched an ep with her i didn't dislike her really (note that i was ship-undecided then). but then i read how people hate her in here and i got biased. so i feel indifferent towards her now, which means that comparing to Keppler i love her to death.

yep.
    <3 <3 <3
    well IMO they're trying to give him too much personality at once. but, whatever. hopefully he'll be gone in two eps.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for Billy signing for S8!

i love you Billy.
    see above.

i just read the recap of LLV on Fandom Talk and they have a very good interpretation of the ending scene. that's what i believe in anyway:
    oh and i rewatched SJ yesterday at 6pm. the fact that i fell asleep in my clothes right after that and slept until 8 am today has nothing to do with it. really. no, seriously it doesn't, i was just that dead tired. i actually like it better than when i watched it first. it was a very good episode. Keppler is still annoying (a bit less though) but at least he didn't screw up the whole ep.

ETA:

i forgot to add one thing about SJ.

did ANYONE notice that Doctor Lauri sounds a bit like Doctor Lurie, and they interviewed him in the same room? AND someone was showed watching it (Cath)? not to mention they were both the perps.

it obviously doesn't mean anything, it's just a funny coincidence that i've noticed, lol.

WE can interpret that situation of the Geeks, alike the Lurie-Lauri cases were different, changed a whole lot from the Butterflied times. but it's somewhat far-fetched.

it would have an obvious meaning if it was Sara watching the interview, not Catherine though.

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Thanks for bringing that over Adz. I haven't been to fandom talk in a while. It's not that I'm ignoring them, because I adore their recaps, but I've just been onlivious, lately, I guess. I like that interpretation of that scene.

I have to say, much as I have loved overanalyzing that scene, I really can't wait for Redrum to air so we'll have something new to analyze and pick apart, especially without spoiler tags! Once we get the gift (Hah! It's Grissom's gift to ALL of us!), we can talk about why that particular gift was chosen, why he sent it in the middle of his trip away, why Sara reacted the way she did... I'm definitely leaning against it being any kind of jewelry. I have a feeling it's something more personal... At first, I was definitely on the jewelry wagon, but I think I'm now more of the opinion it could actually be those dratted plane tickets everyone's been fantasizing about rather than jewelry! Honestly, I don't know. I just don't think it's jewelry at this point...

Adz, a lot of people noticed the Lurie/Lauri thing. I didn't until someone pointed it out. I guess my Geek Love radar was turned way down for this episode... Although, my Baby Watch Monitor was on hypersonic sound.

That's it. I'm a Baby Monitor. I'm not convinced she's pregnant, but TPTB may be throwing us curveballs to throw us off... Just like they did at the end of season 6 with all the references to marriage around Sara and Gil... Sure, they're together, but not married...

14. katjo

katjo Witness

You know plane tickets would be a good bet. And if she didn't show up that would concern him, but I get the feeling he has no clue something is wrong until he gets back. If he sends her a plane ticket to join him and she doesn't show, he would already know something is wrong. It will probably be some dead bug in a frame or a book. Maybe a crystal butterfly, it will be something he views as beautiful because she is so beautiful to him. But she is so pissed she won't see it that way.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The thing about this couple is the constant strong chemistry.. they just have it, and always have, one thing that probably connects them in their acting roles as this great twosome is in real life their "friends' and that's always a good thing for the cameraderie they show on the set. and Jorja even said "who doesn't find Billy sexy" :p so turn that up , and when the cameras role.. wa-la, it totally shows ;) here's a cute pic of them last May at a cooking school..so cool that they hang out together

GROUP PIC Jorja with glasses ;)

SITTING DOWN Jorja is over next to Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.