Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

omg i'm reading spoiler..first a flashback and after Sara mad with Grissom ,Grissom's gift does nothing to calm Sara.... Angst..omg... they are complicaded(that's why they are perfect for each other and why i love them so much) i never waited something easy, i kwen how hard can be for them a relationship..whole situation is complicated...aff omg..i guess, we will see a Beard again.I worried with them..She was left for her parents so Grissom leaving can hurt her a lot ..and in the other side, Grissom in first serious relationship, confused, scared , has a fear loses her but doesn't know how act.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, CSI lost the PCA. No big deal. Season 6 was pretty slow. And as someone who did enjoy Grey's Season 2, I'd say they deserved it. No more, though. They've dissolved into ridiculousness.

I'm glad that Sara gets to vent, I'm glad that we get to see Grissom being the one to chase, but I don't want it to last long. I want a passionate make-up kiss, and then I want it all to drive toward the finale. But I think if they're spending this much time on angst, it would be a little weak just to have them break up. Especially if it's never revealed to the team. No, I think they'll fight, they'll argue, they'll pout, they'll have hot geeksex, and then they'll get found out. More dramatic and more surprising.

3. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

i agree with you and i hope that all the history gsr to be way you say ;)
    it ´s a pity the PCA but...another time will be ;)

4. katjo

katjo Witness

Did anyone spot any of our CSI's in the audience at the PCA's? At 10:00 I turned it over to watch Boston Legal, so I didn't watch the whole thing.

5. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

I am confused by some info in the spoiler boxes. Sorry I can't wait I have to read them. Anyway I read the last ones and I feel like I am missing something. I won't go into more detail. But where is the information comming from in the spoiler boxes???

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I believe that the winners are told in advance, since it's an audience-voted award, I guess they figure it would probably be best if they showed up to accept it out of gratitude to their viewers.

So from what I heard, no one from CSI was there.

I didn't watch, but mostly because I was dead tired.

For those who did watch - what clip did they show when they called out "CSI"? Last year I remember it was a revolving cam of them in ABRTI 1 when they show up on the scene and Grissom's calling out orders.

I have a feeling that at least before the season's over, they will make up. They wouldn't be spending so much time on Sara and him if they were just going to break them up. The venting and the anger suggest that it's leading to him trying to make it up to her, not him throwing his hands in the air and calling it off.

7. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Hey gang. Sorry for the absence - combination of working too hard and my internet connection not working hard enough.

I've more or less finalized the categories for this year's GoScaR Awards. If you don't know what the GoScaR Awards are, go here for an explanation and last years winners.

I tweaked the list from last year, took some away, added some new ones (thanks to sarahvma and theatresporter for their suggestions)

And the categories are:

Most Angst-Filled Scene
    Funniest GSR Moment
    Most Romantic Canon Moment
    Best Pre-Canon Sexual Tension
    Best EyeSex
    Best Look of Longing/Love
    Best PSV (Personal Space Violation)
    Best Jealous Moment (Grissom)
    Best Jealous Moment (Sara)
    Best WTF! Moment (Grissom)
    Best WTF! Moment (Sara)
    Best use of Subtlety in a GSR Moment
    Best GSR Scene with only Sara present
    Best GSR Scene with only Grissom present
    Most Unexpected GSR Moment
    Most Debated GSR Moment
    Most Potentially Ship-Damaging Moment
    Biggest GSR Turning Point of Season 6
    Best GSR Episode of All Time

If you can think of a category I've missed, and you think we simply MUST have it, let me know ASAP. I'm currently putting together a webpage for this years awards, and as soon as it's ready I'll be opening the nomination process.

Nominations will take place in the Gutterflied Message Forum, and I've removed the password protect from it in preparation for the nominations (to make life easier)

Hopefully not only will this years GoScaRs be a bit of fun for us while we're waiting for Grissom to return, but it should also give us plenty of discussion material for here.

8. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Am I the only one who has no life enough to sit around and watch the PCA...if only because PoTC was nominated for a number of things? Oh, well. I now have a reason to live. Though, I do wish I wasn't the barer of such bad news...

Grey's Anatomy owned the stage for 'Best TV Drama', leaving CSI and House to wallow in their pain. Okay, so we knew they'd win. And, apparently, so did the CSI gang, because nobody was there...Except Emily Procter, but I dunno if she really counts 'cause she was presenting an award. Whatever.

And, to answer Sarahvma's question, the clip they showed was the one with Grissom and Hodges in the lab, inspecting the Miniature Murder Scene. Grissom was showing Hodges the glue on the chair, and all in all, it was a pretty dull scene for them to use when they had a number of much more...interesting scenes to work with...

Though, I must admit, and this has nothing to do with the PCA at all...
    I was watching some thing from...Without A Trace? Was that the one? Yeah...something like that. I've finally noticed that everyone is following in the footsteps of GSR. It's quite upsetting. "Nothing is hotter than an office romance", it said, and I turned to my dog and said, "Right...I love how everyone else shows the making out..."
    What? My dog is all I have...

- Toasty

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The PCA show STUNK.. big time :mad:.. NO ONE was there.. long and boring.. :( and if this is how the public are voting, shame shame on them..not ONE CSI person was there, except Emily Proctor.. anyway.. counting down the minutes till "he" returns.. and now going through re-runs.. :( but can't wait to see her "gift" what will it be :eek:

[​IMG]

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Consdering Grey's wasn't even nominated last year, it's possible that people who are fans of both decided to cast their vote for the new one simply because they voted for CSI last year. *shrug*

I don't take it as a personal slight against GSR, at any rate.

And that is a terrible clip to show. I would've done the big group one from Fannysmackin' with all of them in the locker room. More just to show off the ensemble than anything else.

Anyway - yay for GoScars!

I do like it when we have stuff to discuss in here other than the last episode or spoilers.

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

CSI has always been a frontrunner. Rarely is there something that CSI copies from anyone else, and the handling of GSR has been incredibly unique, to me.

I'm a long-term shipper. I remember the first time I heard the term... in an X-Files chat room... in 1996. I found out what a shipper, a noromo, and a fencer were. Then, I campaigned to roast Agent Fowley over a bonfire, and that was fun.

Anyway, GSR is unique in that it was always in the cards, but never overplayed. When the deck was shuffled in the initial pilot, I don't think anyone was looking for a romance for Grissom. Yes, there was the intended, then hacked, romance between Catherine and Nicky, but there was no real direction for Grissom. However, episode 2, BANG, we've got us a relationship. From the first time they interacted there was a wonderful balance of flirtation, concern, intelligence, and still an ability to work. They were a match, a pair, a darling duo to have in your hand.

As time went on, we didn't know what would happen. This wasn't an X-Files romance where they were constantly at each other's hips like a married couple. This wasn't Lois and Clark where heavy flirtation led to constant makeout, then marriage, then a baby. No, things were moving much slower in the CSI deck for Grissom and Sara, but it was moving at just the right time. The right hand at the wrong time can throw the pot. No, the time wasn't right for the cards to be shown.

The end of Season 6 was perfect timing. It was in the cards. We all knew it had to be in there, somewhere, but we couldn't see TPTB's hand. They played it cool, confusing us with a mixture of chip tricks and bluffs. But, the payout was sweet. Now, the cards are on the table, and we're just all waiting for the river card to see how it all ends. Fourthstreet is about to show itself in February sweeps, I believe, but it's all going to be the anticipation of that river card in May. How does our hand stack up in the grand scheme of things? I can't wait!

I'm not worried about CSI not getting the PCA because it's all a show. Platitudes and awards are not the reason producers do what they do. No, they work for money. :p So, if ratings stay up while Grissom is gone, things should be ok for us.

Plus, I think TPTB and the wonderful writing staff over at CBS have though this one through. We're going to get a lot of little GSR mentions in his absence, and when he comes back it's going to be interesting. I think Fourthstreet will show itself when Grissom gets back, when we see how he and Sara interact with one another, and when we get a taste of how their relationship may have been altered by the time apart. It's juicy. I can't wait!

12. loki

loki Lab Technician

Theres something thats been confusing me since the end of Way to Go and I figured you guys would know. Are Sara and Grissom ACTUALLY going out?

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Yes, Grissom and Sara are together. Their characters are in a relationship and have been since at least the end of Season 6, though there is much internal debate as to when the romantic end of their relationship started during season 6. However, it is a definite that they are involved by the end of Season 6, to the point of spending the night at one another's homes. They have been in a romantic relationship through all of season 7.

Does that help at all?

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes indeed Alyssa breif and to the point.. here's a couple of pics of the couple :p 'WTG" the "look's the smiles"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] the cumulation[​IMG]

15. loki

loki Lab Technician

cool. Sorry if I sound dumb or whatever, but I missed most of season 6 when it was on, and I saw a rerun of that eppy a while ago and I was like, "WTF, when did this happen?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.