Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Yeah, our brief scene we got in Leaving Las Vegas would have gotten SO over-analyzed. I mean, more over-analyzed than we already do. *looks briefly over at the people who write essays on every post* I wish I had the time to explain myself that well.

ahhaha. That reminds me of something that happened at school the other day. I'm in high school, so this wasn't that out of the ordinary. This guy came up to me a few days ago and started talking to me about CSI, and I just stared at him thinking, 'Uhm.. Hi?' So, I guess news gets around that I'm a CSI-addict. So, he watched Leaving Las Vegas, and I guess he wanted my opinion on it. I immediately started talking about GSR. And he's like 'Huh?' And I explained to him the Way To Go scene, because he hadn't seen it yet.

I know - he's totally crazy.

Anyway, after that we started talking about the Miniature Killer, and he wondered what my insight was about the whole box leaving on the desk thing. First, I had to let him know my fury about having to wait over four weeks to get any questions I have answered. Then, he said he thought it might be Grissom. (Not really a spoiler, just speculation we've all thought of.) I quickly replied, 'The desk is wood, and Grissom does NOT have a wood desk, and there's a lamp on it above the newspaper, and Grissom does NOT have that lamp.

After that conversation I realize that I over-analyze things WAY too much.

*thinks* I'd like to know how he knows that I'm obsessed with CSI...

That line totally made sense... to me anyway.

At least you have a dog and not a butterfly stuffed animal.

*cough* I am refering to NO ONE in particular.

haha. I was just thinking. It would be funny if I was watching old GSR scenes, and then my Mom comes into my room telling me to go to bed. And it would be funny if I were to reply, 'Busy watching eyesex', and of course all she would hear would be 'BUSY WATCHING SEX'. Yeah, I don't need the birds and the bees conversation, Mom, I need the birds and bees who get paid to do it conversation.

;) :p

So, I think I'll talk about something meaningful now. I like how CSI isn't one of those shows where everybody has dated everybody 3 times, and no relationships between any of the characters has lasted past engagement. Yeah, one pair was going to get married but then the wife found out that her fiance is the father of her sister's daughter's aunt's sister's uncle's daughter. It would be her sister's daughter's aunt's sister's aunt's daughter, but they disowned the aunt from their family in the last episode.

I also like how CSI isn't one of those shows where if you miss one episode, you aren't so completely lost that you can't even watch the show anymore. Or that they spend 30 minutes re-capping what happened in the last episode so that anyone watching isn't confused. And, to add to that, I also like how GSR isn't the main focus of the show, someone said this earlier but I'm too lazy to see who.

Like, we don't see Sara and Grissom in a run-down apartment with four kids and yellow painted walls that are chipping off.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they aren't being too dramatic about anything that other shows would. Like, in real life it would bug you if you didn't talk about it with the person, and in TV shows they bring out all the dramatic talks that these people would have. But they don't do that with CSI, we patiently wait for Gil and Sara to talk about anything in their relationship at least, which is even too much, which makes us keep coming back.

Oh, and the stuff I said earlier about writing essays for posts? I believe I just proved it to be hypocritical.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

While it's always been frustrating that our geekscenes, fluffy or angsty, have never been straight-forward, it's also kind of nice.

I think it's the mark of good acting and scriptwriting if people want to talk endlessly about it, whether it be in hate or love.

And GSR scenes definitely get people talking.

3. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

Do you guys think they had kept contact ? i mean.. if she will be cold with him ..are they talked in the phone?..i can't belive they don't talked with each other for a whole month. I read the gift doesn't work what do you guys think..is because she is really upset or he really send a "wrong" gift? haaaa i loveee Angst and i don't need say Billy and Jorja are great in that, but i'm worried ..cos i don't trust in TPTB.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Given the spoilers that we're getting, I think the two of them are having a break. Not necessarily a relationship break, but a break. And so while Grissom does send the gift, the fact that he sends it at all kind of suggests that she's silent and he's trying to prompt her, perhaps.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Sorry! I thought I clicked the poll option.

Okay, here's the deal:

the winner is clear the phone bill option.

SO, because there were two possibilities, now you get to vote for the one you liked the best.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

*sigh* Those two? Ok... Well, of the two, I chose the one referencing the month because it feels more topical and more relevant to me. It reminds anyone who sees our thread that, yes, he's gone for a month, but he's talking to his woman.

Well, I'm not sure I believe they're in contact at ALL this month, but those are the options. I guess that's why I'm so hesitant to cheer for either title, because I really do not think they're talking at ALL right now. Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but in light of all the spoilers as of late, yeah, I think they're not in contact.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

But in truth, by the time we hit the next thread title, the unspoiled will know that it didn't happen, either. I'm not that depressed. Like I said, if this were a real relationship, that would be one thing. But CSI gave us 6 years of angst, and we got a relationship out of it. Angst for them does not seem to equal doom. It seems to equal resolution. Hence why all Catherine angst is followed with her being a sex goddess the next week. It's a cycle for them. So while fluff was good, a hot 'making up' kiss after angst is so much better.

8. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Someone over at YTDAW said we'd need a kiss after all the drama we're going to go through, and I agree. I will wholedheartedly join the campaign for a GSR makeout session once they resolve some of their issues! I need some mackage, and I think we're all going to be crying for some source of relief and catharsis after all the heart-wrenching pain!!!

9. IloveBilly

Alyssa i think the same
    i don't belive, but i am imagining her ignoring him ...so he sends the gift...i'm pessimist now. I stay thinking: he can't have good time there knowing she is upset... haaa is complicated

i prefer the without month option, i really don't know say why..just sounds better to me.

10. katjo

katjo Witness

Okay, we all know by now that there is a good possibility that WP and JF may not return for season 8. So I think TPTB may finish them off like this: Ecklie is the one who blows the whistle on the whole relationship, although by now they have all become very suspicious of it. Ecklie confronts them one day while they are working on a case together. He asks to speak to them in private. By now the whole building knows of their "affair" and everyone is forming their own opinions of it. 15 minutes before shift ends Grissom and Sara report to Ecklie's office. He tells Grissom that it is inappropriate for a supervisor to date anyone who is working for him. He goes as far as to say it is against policy for them to be dating. So Sara says "Fine, put me on someone else's shift". Grissom reacts to this in a hurt way. He doesn't want to lose Sara as a girlfriend, but he also doesn't want to lose her as a CSI. So Ecklie tells Grissom he has a decision to make. His job or his woman. We are left to wonder which he will choose. If they both leave the show I say he should retire and she transfers back to a lab in California, and they both move there together as a very happy couple. That way the door could be open for guest appearances. This is not even close to how it is all going to go down, it was just a theory.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Even if they don't say they're broken up, if Sara isn't speaking to him, they are technically no longer together. Before anyone freaks, I'm just saying that all that means, to me, is that we'll have to have them make up. And make out. And this will be a good thing. lol.

12. IloveBilly

i'm thinking in Grissom trying understand him more...
    Do you guys think is possible he have a secret, something in the past that made him more closed for the others? i don't mean something like Sara's past but moments more sad in his life....i don't know why sometimes i think he loads some guilt.
    i'm waiting, since ever, more from Grissom. I want know more about him. All this years he is still a mystery.
    we know he father died when he had 9 years old... and remember the "Someone doesn't judge me" ..hm makes me think if in the past someone judged him..someone he liked ?
    i want know more about his mother too..them relationship
    i'm thinking too in the cases. What cases we saw Grissom lose a few the control? That's can mean something.

Now, is the time for more from Grissom.
    that's one things i'm dreaming for

why he want's a break?....i still don't understand...i'm waiting he stay well with Sara again and for this..he need open his feelings more. Really talk with Sara. She needs to feel that..he trusts in her. Maybe something happens a danger situation...MCSK? and He will need open his feelings

13. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Alright everyone. Here we go. The GoScaR Awards 2007 are now open for business.

[​IMG]

Head over to the brand spanking new GoScaR WebPage for more details and a list of the categories, and head to the Gutterflied Message Forum to nominate your favorite GSR Moments.

Nominations are open from Now until FRIDAY 26th of JANUARY at 12 MIDNIGHT GMT. Voting will open a few days after that.

14. Fingerprint

Fingerprint Civilian

Wow. That's a pretty... umm.. I want to say banner but its not really a banner. Anyway, it's really pretty.

I voted for Running Up The Phone Bill, just because I think its short & you get the point.

Oh, and Adzix, Sara says she's almost done with the fic.

What are you guys talking about?

I'm so confused...

This is kinda about 'Sweet Jane', well it's about Grissom's whole break in particular. It's not a spoiler really so don't worry.

Grissom going on a break doesn't mean we won't get any GSR, right? I mean, we can still see scenes of Sara missing Grissom in some way during his break. That is, if the writers, producers and directors decide to give it to us. I think it would be cute if we saw Sara going home to her apartment or something, then she looks down at a picture of Gil & her together or something. Then she sighs, and looks sad for the next few seconds as the scene ends.

At least with that, they wouldn't completely ignore the relationship for 4 weeks.

15. katjo

katjo Witness

I have read spoilers on YTDAW and they are suggesting that Sara will have a flashback of when Grissom tells her about his sabattical, and they fight about it. So his leaving and coming back are not good things for this relationship. I hope they are making it sound worse than what it is. I love this couple, they need each other.

I need Sara and Grissom to be together. I never follow TV romances, but I love them together. They remind me of my husband and me. We both had huge crushes on each other, but were so scared of one another we couldn't admit it. Of course I was the brave one who confronted him. We dated for 3 years and have been married for almost 6. Best 9 years of my life! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.