Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm with Alyssa - I really like when characters point out the obvious, like the fact that trained professionals should be able to tell when there are big changes with their boss.

I also like that both were thinking "relationship". So he's a little more obvious than he'd like to be.

But does anyone else find it really sweet that he's going home to be with her earlier than he used to leave work? Sure it's sort of expected, but still nice to hear.

2. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

I think that was probably one of my favorite parts of the episode. I loved he took a day off too. Our bugman got a life with his woman. We all knew it was happening but im with sarah, its nice to hear it being true.

As for Sara bring preggo... TPTB wont even give us touching, I just dont see them jumping to a baby. It could be a nice storyline, but I would rather them have Grissom lay a fat kiss on her than him being weary about a baby (that seems like it would be the Grissom thing to do).

3. mslakerz43

mslakerz43 Dead on Arrival

I loved the episode I thought everything was done in really good taste. But am I the only who thinks it's strange that he took a cab to the airport. If my boyfriend was leaving for a month I would want to take him myself so we could have every minute together we could... Any thoughts?

4. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Well I think it was the fact that he was leaving as soon as Sara was getting to work. Someone could have noticed that Sara took the day off the same day that Grissom was leaving.

Or maybe she found out after he made arrangements. Its Grissom, he does strange things. haha

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Because honestly, part of me wondered if they just both continued their usual work-a-holic routines.

This is kind of cool.

I also like that it was Nick "moustache boy" who got to be the one to aknowledge all of that stuff.

And thank God Catherine finally shaved her beard. I was going to say something.

Perhaps Sara had a double-shift. We never saw what case she was working on - or she was about to start work.

Or perhaps they even had a fight. Sara's demeanor kind of suggested it.

That's a good point, too, actually. Kind of hard to explain why Grissom's car is parked in your driveway the whole time he's gone.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes, we would take our other half to the airport!! but if Sara took him, that would blow their cover.. and either he's a real big jerk, or extremly discreet..obviously he still doesn't want any one to know.. look how he acted~~~ shifty~~~, before he said "I'll miss you", so no one else would over hear that :( and then there's the Icky Ecklie factor.. and Sarah's probably right, she had to work!! and they must have already had it planned out ;)

[​IMG]

7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

He HAD to make sure no one was going to over hear him telling her he'd miss her. Remember what happened in "The Accused is Entitled" as a result of "Scooba Doobie Do?" Sara's freakin' testimony was thrown out because she was discredited due to her affinity for men in the workplace, or some such nonesence. He had to look around to make sure he didn't blow their cover. They're not ready to have the whole world in on their relationship, yet, though I do think that time is coming, soon.

Frankly, I'm surprised we got something that direct. I was really worried it would be ambiguous, but it felt really cut and dry. Sara obviously knew what was going on, and Grissom knew that she knew, and he hated to have to say goodbye, but he couldn't leave without seeing her that last time. She wasn't expecting to see him again, so she tried to smile and keep positive in his presence, but it hurt. I think that she had built herself up for this being her first day (because her nights and days are switched) without him in her life, and then he magically appeared one last time, and it threw her, and she was trying desperately not to get emotional about it because they were in the locker room, in full view of the extras!

8. geekprincess

geekprincess Dead on Arrival

Wow, it's been quite a while since I posted -- my life sucks right now -- but I've been avidly following the discussions in this thread. So, here's my two cents:

Episode: Definitely one of the best episodes of the season, IMO. Just the right mixture of humor, an intriguing case, and ongoing storylines (the Novak/Catherine situation and the MCSK). The only part I really didn't like was Catherine unbuttoning her shirt for the supposed killer -- I thought it was in pretty poor taste, although I can understand Catherine's willingness to do just about anything she could in order to solve the murders -- but aside from that, every element of the episode was spot-on. Grissom's goodbyes to his team members were completely in-character, and in Catherine's and Nick's cases also completely hysterical -- I just about died laughing when Catherine asked him how long he'd known he was leaving and then gave him the "I don't even want to know" treatment, and then again at the "stop hugging me" scene. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Also, it was great to see the more poignant good-bye scenes with Warrick and Greg; Greg in particular has matured a great deal, and his "father-son"-like bond with Grissom has really strengthened over the years. In addition, I loved seeing Alan Rosenberg's return as the obnoxious-yet-shrewd Adam Novak; he and MH have a completely believable chemistry radiating palpable wariness mixed with an oddly fascinating magnetism. I couldn't help but admire Catherine's level-headed handling of the situation; she totally made up for the button scene in my eyes.

GSR: I was quite disappointed that Sara only appeared right at the end (and, come to think of it, Brass and Sofia were altogether missing; what's up with that?). However, that good-bye was perhaps the most in-character of all; while Grissom's relationship with Sara has made him more relational than he was in the past, he's still awkward in emotional situations, and it was oddly endearing to see him nervously push his fingertips together as he tried to figure out exactly what to say to Sara at the end. And poor Sara; the best thing that ever happened to her is leaving for a month, and she can't turn to her normal support system (i.e., the team) at a time when she needs it the most. Jorja Fox did an amazing job projecting those emotions, and when her jaw gave that little "I will NOT cry" twitch, I almost choked up myself. :(

Pregnancy: I really don't think TPTB will go that route; as many posters have already said, it would be difficult to fit that storyline in with the other continuing subplots already in motion, particularly if this is WP's and/or JF's last season on the show. Also, I think it would make it that much more difficult for the show to avoid wandering into territory I tend to associate with the likes of "Friends," "Sex and the City," and "Grey's Anatomy." (I'm not saying the show is too soapy right now; in fact, I think the producers/writers are currently doing a terrific job of balancing the scientific elements of the show with the personal ones.) Personally, I wouldn't mind a pregnancy subplot in the least, but I also recognize the practical problems with implementing it. However, so far this season we've seen Sam Braun getting assassinated, Grissom singing in the morgue, one person killing two identical twins while out to get only one, and another poor man accidentally killing two people while out to get neither, so I guess anything's possible.

What? No new episode next week? We have to wait TWO MORE WEEKS???!!! I hope TPTB are happy now at how much they've managed to torture us...oh, well. I'm counting down the days -- only 13 to go!

-- geekprincess

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I rewatched the scene, and I didn't realize how much she was holding it in. When it starts to fade, you can almost see her starting to cry.

So that's something. Not that I want Sara to cry, but I'm glad that the Ice Queen routine was definitely fake.

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

My fiance and I have spent the last 15 minutes talking about that final scene. And, without my prompting, Matt picked up on some of the things I did that COULD suggest our lady is pregnant.

But, now we're in an argument as to whether or not Grissom is aware of the fact that she is (IF she is) pregnant when he leaves. I say he is. Matt says he isn't... So, it's a really funny argument between the two of us, but I'd like to see what others think.

If Sara is pregnant, does Gris know when he leaves? Or, is he just realizing seeing her standing in the locker room?

11. katjo

katjo Witness

I tried to post this once, but for some reason it didn't go thru. Anyhow I think the new thread should be called "GEEKLOVE PHONE SEX". I have to admit during that scene when they first show her take her jacket off she does have a bit of a belly. But they could just be trying to throw us off a little bit too. I think if he knew she was pregnant he wouldn't have left, (but we all know he had to leave) so if it turns out she is prego, I bet he won't know about it.

Everyone says her belly looked bigger. If that indicates she is pregnant, than I must be about to pop out triplets :lol:!!!!!! She's still skinny to me. If you watch Committed which we all know was from season 5, the particular shirt she has on is form fitting around her belly and you can see a bit of a "POOCH" belly. That's what I like to call a female beer belly "POOCH BELLY".

12. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Dammit, I was expecting her to jump him...

To tell you the truth, I was a bit disappointed in the last scene. I mean, here is Grissom about to leave for 4 weeks, and Sara who stood there with a blank stare. I love the fact that she was hurt by it, but I dunno. I think I'm expecting too much. Other than that, they acted it pretty well. I liked how Grissom checked to see if anyone was there.

As for the pregnancy thing...I can't see that. I can't see CSI pulling out that kind of drama out of their pockets.

Wow, the last video up has gotten me really excited. It seems like CSI is bringing back the comradery between the team. I missed it. This Keppler guy seems like a great character.

I'm all for that. It has my vote.

I would suggest something else, but I'm all out of ideas.

13. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I wasnt dissapointed with the scene at all. I mean yeah i wanted them to kiss or at least hug but i think that the reason that i liked it was because they made Sara looked sooo strong and looking that she didnt care that he was leaving...okay let me refresh that not that she didnt care but that she was hurt but she'll wait for him and Grissom looked soo hurt like if he didnt know what to say when Sara turned around and continued what she was doing his expression was just....priceless. I just really loved Sara's emotions on this scene.

14. kristy87

kristy87 Witness

well if she is pregnent then I think she did not tell Griss yet because she knew that if he'd know about it then he wouldn't leave for the sabbatical. And if he wouldn't leave he'd burn out more and then he'd snap and lose it. So I think she'd either tell him while he's there or when he gets back...

and really the way her eyes wander down in the very last seconds of the scene, it's as if she's saying to her baby "and there he goes your daddy..."

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

The problem is... how much can they really do in the locker room?

I think that the cab thing may have been his way of avoiding making it obvious that they both left work early. And even to be covert, it would be tough for them to take both of their cars back to one place and have her drive him to the airport.

His "girlfriendy" comment was three words. Anything she wanted to say in response would probably have to be longer.

Besides, what I really wanted from the scene was to know that she had been told in advance of the others, and "My cab is here" kind of suggests that she has.

Take "she loved his package" and just put it on the main board? The spoiled-free can just assume we mean the MCSK on his desk or something. BUT the problem with this title is if we don't get the present...

THREAD TITLE IDEAS

Please nominate now!

1) I'll Miss You... but NO BABIES!

2) Phonesex Is Underrated

3) Grissom Prefers the SF Bay Girls

4) NO BABIES!

5) He misses her

6) She Loved His Package

tell me if I missed one. Put all nominations in BOLD writing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.