Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I read at YTDAW and they said, Grissom is not going to be in the picture at the begginning of the show after Leaving Las Vegas. It's true? If it, I don't think it right to take him out of the show he is not going to be missing 4 episode. I'm sure Grissom saying it to Sara. I'm be surprises if he is saying to Nick, Warrick and Catherine.

I don't think any character will be killed off. Grissom, Sara, and Nick are very popular. I don't know about Catherine, Warrick, Greg and Brass. Carol M. won't killed off Grissom, Sara or Nick and I don't know about the other character. I don't think the fans will be happy with her.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I went with the "not having told her... third person" option. More because I don't honestly see them cheating, but I'm not at camel and straw mode yet.

I'm willing to allow a little bit of legroom here, mostly because of Grissom's burnout and Sara's past.

But I don't want it to feel as though Grissom simply doesn't care. And not telling Sara at all says, to me, that he doesn't care.

Now I know they obviously have a conversation about it, so I guess I'm kind of safe in assuming that she does know, but... it depends on how it's played. Sara seems more sad than hurt. Grissom seems more defeated than guilty. The scene doesn't read as "lie" to me.

Okay... occasionally CSI picks corny songs. But they pick a lot of kickass ones, too. However, rarely do the lyrics sync up with what's being shown. "Like a moth to a flame" being the obvious exception. But take, say, Swap Meet - I'm pretty sure that Doc wasn't in love with the corpse. Or a lot of the other stuff they've played. In Pulp Fiction, "Let's stay together" plays during the Butch and Marcellus scene. I guess what I'm saying is... I imagine it has way more to do with the mood of the song, and the fact that it's a "hot" song right now, than because it's fortelling cheating.

3. lea

lea Police Officer

Thery would never chet. I think they'll be canion forer. unlss grissom leve for g-oooed. ( tipsy here )

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree with you LEA no way.. and tipsy is fun :lol:and after waiting for so long and the snippets they've given us since, after "Way To Go" they'll be fine.. he's just going away for a while.. so, I wonder how Sara will warm up to this Liev guy, while her man is gone :eek:

[​IMG]

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

See, I'm firmly of the belief that this is IT for Gil... That choosing Sara was his big choice, and he did it. I just hope he remembers how important she is, and that she needs to come before all the other crap. No, I am not saying he shouldn't go on this break, but he better've told her before he left. Ya know? I don't want him to screw it up.

That said, I could never picture either of them cheating. Sara has waited so long for Gil, that her cheating would be SOO completely out of character, I wouldn't be able to watch the show, again. The reruns would be tainted! So, Sara won't do anything stupid while Grissom is away, and he's so fully in love with her, that he's not likely to run off with a "newer model Sara" from Williams.

So, I definitely don't think they'd cheat, but you never know what crap TPTB will write in and try to pass off as canon.

Ok, I really need to stop being so negative. Some of the writers over... well... Most of the writers on this show are phenomenal. I fully put blame for any OOC moments on the producers. :p

6. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Ohhhh.Those are actuly realy hot.I had no clue what exactuly you were talking 'bout.all i saw was somthing about a naked banner.:confused:

Just think:'I do not need the boxes'...'the boxes do not bringn me happyness or joy'...'the boxes are bad, bad boxes'...Yah I am not drunk or anything.

For the poll I picked Other because I realy dont see them cheating because: Sara had the bad experiance with hank and i dont think she is going to do that to anyone else.And Grissom isnt exactly the type you would think would cheat.And besides i am in an extreamly shipy mood :)

yay! Adzix loves me.I think.Wait is that a good thing?

7. ilvelvegrissom

ilvelvegrissom Hit and Run

Sara would NEVER cheat on Grissom, Ever!!! He's always been the "One" for her.....No way would she mess that up, You just have to look at them to see how perfect they are for each other, each has what the other is missing....And it's clear they love each other, that was clear even before they were together.....! Everyone else (Sofia, LH, Hank) were just pitting off what was meant to be!!!!!!

They Are Meant To Be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I agree with Alyssa above, For Grissom it is a BIG deal, It took him awhile, But he finally realised she's the one for him.....the only one.....theres no way he'd ever give her up now!
    They're gonna go the whole way!!
    Well, thats what I'm sitting, waiting and wishing for!!!

As for the poll, I picked Other, Cause they just have to stay together!!! They Have To!!!!!!!!
    Ok, I'm gonna get a break cause I'm getting a bit worked-up!!!! Its just too sad to think after all they've been though that they'd just "break up"?????!!!! :(

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I have to admit that I'm not a great fan of canon ship. Usually when TPTB start throwing characters together on screen, the show starts to degenerate into a 'who's sleeping with who' show and the focus shifts to the ships rather than actual plots. (don't even get me started on what happens when a ship splits and one party ends up in another ship and you have two bunches of shippers arguing over which is the one true pairing)

But what I came to this thread to say was that I'm enjoying the way TPTB are treating Gris/Sara on screen. Seems like somebody somewhere has finally understood the meaning of subtlety. From the episodes I've seen, there's just enough of a shift in body language and mannerisms between them that you can tell they're more than co-workers, but it's not shoved in our faces at every opportunity either. Heck, a casual viewer who hadn't seen the S6 finale probably wouldn't even realize it.

I wish TPTB on other shows would take note.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thanks, Ceindreadh - and I definitely agree. It was one of the things that really disappointed me about New York - how they seemed to be making Peyton and Mac this big deal right off the bat.

And yet GSR is the ship everyone talks about - the ship where no one has even touched, let alone woken tangled in bed wearing not much.

But either way - while I am enjoying the subtlety, I am also looking forward to the angst a little bit. One or two episodes of good solid GSR (emphasis on the R) is all I really need from the season. So far they haven't delivered that. So if they want to make it Leaving Las Vegas and the one where he returns, that would honestly be all I really wanted.

10. Steph

Steph Prime Suspect

People really need to suck it up and realize that GSR is canon. It's like when Greg was made a CSI, everyone was pissed off because they wanted him in the lab as a techie. Well, they got over it and Greg has more fans than he did when he was a techie. If TPTB let GSR go on long enough, others will get used to GSR. These anti-GSR people are sooooo stuborn!!! :mad:

11. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

You can totally see the drool coming from his mouth.

For the poll, I picked other. Sorry, but when everyone is leaving, I'll still be on the ship, I'll be the girl that stands at the top, in the look-out thing. I've always wanted to go up there, just for the fun of being up really really high.

Don't worry, I'll be waving to everyone from the look-out point. WOOT! We can play checkers while we wait for the boat to sink. Ok?

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Really appreciate you saying that Ceindreadh! I deifnitely think that so far TPTB have handled the GSR well. I'm just worried about the future because I'm the resident prudish pessimist. :p

That said, I do think it's subtle, and cute, and not over the top. They're not making out in the lab. They're nog having sex on autopsy tables. They're just two people who happen to be in love who can't show it in the workplace. I've known many people (including my cousin where she was her husband's supervisor) where this has happened. So, it's nice to see it portrayed in a mature manner.

I think that a lot of shows tend to think that once two characters are together, they have to show them constantly sexually motivated. There's this desire to deliver a payout that just wouldn't work on this show. If anyone has ever seen "Star Trek: Enterprise," you knew T'Pol and Trip were meant to be NOT because of their weird massage sex scene... but because of all the quiet little moments, the soft discussions. Relationships are more than just the physical or no one would ever get married! :)

13. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Same here.Even if Sara became a nun and grissom died i would still be here.I really need a life.

Shame :(.But I see where you are coming from.That is decidedly more Grays Anatomy-ish, like Mer and Der doing it in the exam room.CSI is a refreshing break from over the top relation ship shows.

14. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Yeah, Ceindreah, thanks for saying that. I also love the way the writers have been handling GSR up to this point. It's subtle, just like GSR is, but now since we're so far into season 6 I'm craving angst. Something that will make me go "whoah". Something that will make me -for lack of better word- give a shit about what's happening in the show. Right now (for me at least), CSI isn't a show that I "can't miss". If I miss an episode, I'm not that disappointed. I want the pizaz CSI had back to make it the #1 show on television.

I know that just sounded like I was contradicting myself, but I wasn't. GSR is great right now, but what' I'm looking for is completely awesome like it used to be. Half of GSR is built on angst. They can still keep the subtle-ness of it, but throw in a couple of scenes like the Pin Me Down scene. They show that it's not completely taking over the show, but it also shows that they haven't forgotten about GSR either. Hopefully I made sense there.

Turtle, I'm positive that you wouldn't be the only one on the ship if it started to sink. I know I would be standing right next to you if it did. :p

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so late, but I'm finally here with my Christmas gift! And since it's almost New Years, i've included a bit of that in it too. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah/Krazy Kwanzaa/Anything else and Happy to be New Year!

[​IMG]

Grissom's thoughts? I just had to.

15. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

Reeble LMAO :lol: that's great.. and yes definitely grissom's thoughts :p
    Ceindreah thank you and i'm absolutely with you on that! it's great how the writers keep their relationship in the backround but still visible. my sister for example missed way to go and then she watched double cross and was like ' he called her dear' and i was like 'uhm .. yeah they are together oO'

i voted for 'other' . i'm sure neither grissom nor sara would cheat.

:lol: yeah definitely

okay *thinks* hehe okay it helps :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.