Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Status
Not open for further replies.
*wail* I can't keep up. Okay. Here goes.

ziggy who the H--- is your icon? you maniac is that you?
Naaah, as Sarah said, it's my beloved Teri Hatcher in Spy Kids. Although I did shave my head when I was 16!!

and Ziggy, yours involve way too much of Superdickery and Teri Hatcher's hideous bald form.
Is that a request for one of my beautiful Superdickery icons with Superman wearing a fantastic HAT? Because if you're wanting the HAT, I will happily give you the HAT.

Teri was on Inside the Actor's Studio. Swear to God.
Yeah, I heard she sang Cabaret and babbled endlessly. Did she, by any chance, mention how it's important to overcome life's whales? Because you know how strongly Teri believes in overcoming life's whales.

Adz- referring to the first icon of Gris you posted at the end of page 10? I made an icon JUST like that, except I captioned it "I WANT YOU, SARAH!" just like my former beautiful icon of the porcelain doll. Speaking of which, I am SO going to be making a charming icon out of the picture of that doll's eye that Grissom found at the end of BTK2. Oh yes. You'll love it.

Sar's 'too much?' poll: I went with 'not yet, but teetering'. I think I've gone into detail on how I feel about that lots, so I'll. Not. Again.

You post too many spoilers and i am going spoiler-free this season! I'm going to cry!
I'm half-assedly going spoiler free, if that helps!!! ....

In truth, really, I mean, what's the point in having spoilers now that GSR is canon? I think we were always waiting for the day when it would be "the" spoiler, but we have it. So... yeah. lol.
.... EXACTLY! I just don't care enough to find spoilers for like, the case, or how they're interacting this week, or what they say to each other.. they're together and that's all I ever cared about when seeking out spoilers. I don't bother spoiling myself for any of the millions of other shows I watch, so why bother spoiling CSI? LIke I said previously, I'm not adamantly ignoring them or avoiding them (ala Sporter ;)), but I'm not really gung ho about them. I'd rather just watch and enjoy.

I tried to click on the picture but it appears that YTDAW is down. So Sar, you'll just have to link me later. Or perish.

ziggystarduzt said:
Is that a request for one of my beautiful Superdickery icons with Superman wearing a fantastic HAT? Because if you're wanting the HAT, I will happily give you the HAT.
By 'give you the hat' do you mean 'use the hat as my new icon on Talk'? Because if so - PLEASE DEAR GOD DO IT NOW *rocks back and forth, wailing after a week of nightmares and no sleep due to Mrs Grodenko*

I'm not adamantly ignoring them or avoiding them (ala Sporter ;))
I knocked everyone else's finale-spoiler-free-ness outta the park, dude. I could do it again, but like Sarah said, there's kinda no point anymore (we do have a first kiss to wait for, though, guys) and so I don't think anyone would really care :p

I tried to click on the picture but it appears that YTDAW is down. So Sar, you'll just have to link me later. Or perish.
If this happens to anyone else, (the finding-YTDAW-is-down thing, not the perishing) I have the pic saved. So. You want it? Come get it ;)

As for the poll, I voted for the "happy but on the verge" or whatever it was. In THINKING about it (which I really didn't want to do - I kinda wanted to just enjoy it for what it was [DAMN YOU!]) It feels a bit too good, y'know? Like when someone's REALLY nice to you after torturing you endlessly in the past, after a while you're almost like "Okay, what is it. What do you want? You MUST be buttering me up for something and I DON'T LIKE THE THOUGHT OF THAT"

Now I'm torn :(

Saravma: Thank you so much for the welcome! I hadn't actually thought about their relationship in that context until you brought it up and it's plausible that Gris just thought of Sara as a good team member.

I also thought that scene in "Bite Me" about smothering had to do with their relationship. As if she was pushing him to enter into it further and he was holding back.

Also noticed the tension between Sofia and Sara in "A Bullet Runs Through It" and thought Sara might be jealous. AND last night Spike re-ran "Bite Me" and "Bodies In Motion" (forgive me, but it was late and they ran back-to-back, so I can't remember which one) and one of those eppys had Gil congratulating Sofia on being transferred over and how she must not have missed the lab part of CSI and her comment was "there were some things she missed" or something to that effect and I took it to mean she missed HIM!

relating to the bite me scene.

i really dont think they were sleeping together by that point as ive said.

plus i have more insight. if thats exactly what he was doing with sara (sleeping with her, yet sleeping in seperate beds') why would he be as he clearly is in the scene, unable to understand or at least thought it was highly strange, how you can have a sexual relationship and not sleep in the bed with each other. when she listed plausable reasons why, he dismissed them, and gave a reason that perhaps they were smothering each other. which was meaning, he thought if you were sleeping in seperate beds, there was obviously trouble in the relationship-so i think sara read into it, and thought he was talking about them (since i think they were dating at this point perhaps), que her 'you dont need to sleep in the same bed to get it on' speech, which was certianly directed at grissom personally. but im still unsure if he was actually meaning sara. but the way he said it....lol. anyone have any theorys?

One thing that always struck me about Bite Me when I first saw it was this: how would Grissom, lifelong bachelor, single man, know what couples do when they want to have a night to themselves "away from the kids"? Which, for them, could simply mean trying to plan a date so that they don't run into anyone from the lab.

I'd post more, but I gotta go at the moment. I'll continue this thought later. lol.

ETA

So I'm back.

That's what I was thinking at first. Maybe one of them wasn't ready to have sex yet. So, yeah, it is a lot more fun to watch that scene with that in mind.

Right. I mean, Sara's tone is sort of like, "Not that sex is the only thing couples on a date have to do at home". Translation? It's Grissom. lol. If he's willing to kind of torture himself, wanting to be with her, and again, being the one to really want to put in that commitment, I think he's probably the one more nervous about "the first time". I think Sara would sort of be willing to say, "We've waited a while for this, chances are it's not going to be graceful". But I see Grissom as, um... well, a perfectionist. And that's something of a tall order after years of abstinance at 50.

I'd like to, but the thermite scene. I get what you're saying about him looking a bit hurt, but I just can't find a good reason why she would have said that at all. I dunno, maybe I'm picking it apart WAAY too much, lol.

Gibby made a good point when she was spoiling the Way to Go scene. With Grissom and Sara, all we ever see is pieces of their lives. Even they don't really fully open up to themselves.

Which is why the Way to Go scene, while surprising, didn't feel like a total cheat. It was kind of like, "Yeah, this is how they would do things".

Having said that, if they were together in the Thermite scene, keep in mind that Sara looked especially vulnerable during Bite Me. Clearly she doesn't trust that he's really suddenly just going to be "the boyfriend". And in truth, wouldn't anyone have a hard time adjusting to the idea that someone who's balked at a relationship for years is now just going to date you like everything's cool? So I think she's sensitive. He had to clarify himself with a small smile at the end of Bite Me, sort of saying, it's not about us, but she did still look somewhat concerned.

So I think we're looking at Sara getting frustrated with him. Perhaps they've gone a bit further in their relationship, but she still doesn't feel secure. And essentially Grissom is implying that thermite is like a fling, but he's being very sexual and very suggestive with it, almost directing it at Sara. He meant it to be a compliment about passion, from his expression, she seemed to take it as, "This is just a short-term thing".

So her response may have been, "If this is a fling for you, we shouldn't be together at all". Contradicting her stance on one-time dating, but again, I think that was Sara providing an out before the in even began. "If dating doesn't work, it's fine - we were just testing it out". Now that they're together, I really don't think she's willing to provide that out.

O/T This is not a spoiler. I got a good new for you, I hope Michael Austillo didn't lies about it.

Grissom (WP) Our favorite is not leaving the show 2006-2007, he will leave the show, 2007 to 2008. The show will go on to Eight season.

I don't think MA would purposefully lie, but he has admitted that he'll fake or exaggerate his sources. Last season he made a good guess about GSR, and then said, "Oh, guys - I have no idea. I made that shit up" and then when the spoiler really came out, he went, "Oops, looked like I was right". Now MAYBE what happened was that CBS said, "What the fuck? This is supposed to be a surprise - shut up!"

In which case, he IS trustworthy, but... *shrug* - WP is executive producer. I think he can get out of any contract if he wants to badly enough.

Back on topic, I want to know, who will be first one to find out about Grissom and Sara?

Catherine, Doc and Brass are the most likely choices, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be fun if it was Archie, Hodges, Bobby or Wendy.

Speaking of which, though (and I believe this has been mentioned before, but while I'm on the topic, I thought I'd mention it again) we haven't actually heard Sara call Grissom anything name-wise this season (though she has referred to him as Grissom to other teammates, which is no surprise). And while things technically shouldn't be different this season to last if they've been together the whole time anyway (and not just recently) but it'd be good to hear a few more "Griss"s. I just can't picture her calling him Gil.

True, but it's been two episodes, and they haven't been talking to each other around other people that much, nor have they been talking about each other to others. I imagine she still calls him Griss.

I can't imagine her ever calling him Gil. I doubt she has ever called him anything other than Grissom (well, other than Gris). Of course, she would call him Dr. Grissom when he was her teacher.

And in bed. What? Oh, come on. I'm not the only one who went there.

You're Catholic?

Yeah, I heard she sang Cabaret and babbled endlessly. Did she, by any chance, mention how it's important to overcome life's whales? Because you know how strongly Teri believes in overcoming life's whales.

There was a tragic lack of whales, dude. The interview was whale-free. Pas de whales.

ALSO? They asked her about being the number-one most downloaded picture and she DIDN'T tell the "one guy" joke.

Apocalypse? I feel thy presence.

Also noticed the tension between Sofia and Sara in "A Bullet Runs Through It" and thought Sara might be jealous. AND last night Spike re-ran "Bite Me" and "Bodies In Motion" (forgive me, but it was late and they ran back-to-back, so I can't remember which one) and one of those eppys had Gil congratulating Sofia on being transferred over and how she must not have missed the lab part of CSI and her comment was "there were some things she missed" or something to that effect and I took it to mean she missed HIM!

Yeah. At the time it was clear that TPTB wanted to continue the two women "fighting over him". However, if you really look at the ABRTI scene, knowing that they were probably together, you see a certain amount of guilt on his face when Sara first walks in, and you see Sara somewhat more territorial than she's been in the past.

In regards to the catfighting, though, both actresses told the writers to cut it out.

Yes. You know you would polish his bare chest.
you know me too well.
I swear Adxiz can't keep up with you, school-& "icon/avatar city" and question , when do you sleep?
i'm a Grissom and Sara fan. i don't sleep ;)
I can't imagine her ever calling him Gil. I doubt she has ever called him anything other than Grissom (well, other than Gris). Of course, she would call him Dr. Grissom when he was her teacher.
yeah, me neither. i watched Cool Change or one of the first episodes and Warrick referred to Grissom as "Gil". that didn't feel right at ALL. Sara's one of the kids (read: those who never call him "Gil"), so i won't accept it as canon if it ever happens. i just can't do it.
Adz- referring to the first icon of Gris you posted at the end of page 10? I made an icon JUST like that, except I captioned it "I WANT YOU, SARAH!" just like my former beautiful icon of the porcelain doll.
believe it or not but i'm PROUD.
Speaking of which, I am SO going to be making a charming icon out of the picture of that doll's eye that Grissom found at the end of BTK2. Oh yes. You'll love it.
*frightened, shivers like a jelly on a wind*
Catherine, Doc and Brass are the most likely choices, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be fun if it was Archie, Hodges, Bobby or Wendy.
oh, i so agree to this. Hogdes ... dear lord, that would be even funnier than when Sexy Kitty walked with Grissom through the lab.
so in that case he calls her ... sexy kitty?

you know me too well.

I sure, sure do.

i'm a Grissom and Sara fan. i don't sleep

Loser. *Downs pint of coffee and attempts to look defiant with half-lidded eyes*

yeah, me neither. i watched Cool Change or one of the first episodes and Warrick referred to Grissom as "Gil". that didn't feel right at ALL. Sara's one of the kids (read: those who never call him "Gil"), so i won't accept it as canon if it ever happens. i just can't do it.

Yeah - I noticed that even Warrick, who was pretty close to him at the time - seemed awkward calling him by his Christian name. Either way, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

And I don't really have a problem with Sara referring to him by his last name. Nicknames just fit certain people.

Speaking of the new TV Guide picture - does it look to anyone else like the next logical step is Grissom humping the other side of the door?

I still like the idea that they're doing this whole clandestine meeting, but seriously - all Sara needs is to be twinning her leg around it and it's pretty much p0rn material.

oh, i so agree to this. Hogdes ... dear lord, that would be even funnier than when Sexy Kitty walked with Grissom through the lab.

I see one of two scenarios. Shocked, weirded out Hodges, who acts like the two of them have the plague, or deeply amused, smug Hodges.

Both of which will entertain me mightily.

*Shudders*

Now, if we're talking about what she calls him in bed... I'm gonna go ahead and say... "Gilbert." Yeah, that's hot. But "Gil" I just couldn't imagine. lol.

Right. I mean, Sara's tone is sort of like, "Not that sex is the only thing couples on a date have to do at home". Translation? It's Grissom. lol. If he's willing to kind of torture himself, wanting to be with her, and again, being the one to really want to put in that commitment, I think he's probably the one more nervous about "the first time". I think Sara would sort of be willing to say, "We've waited a while for this, chances are it's not going to be graceful". But I see Grissom as, um... well, a perfectionist. And that's something of a tall order after years of abstinance at 50.

lol. Poor guy. Yeah, it's definitely him. I like how he says "I'm gonna go see the doctor" at the end. Almost like, "we'll fix this."

Now, if we're talking about what she calls him in bed... I'm gonna go ahead and say... "Gilbert." Yeah, that's hot. But "Gil" I just couldn't imagine. lol.

Bertie, perhaps? Just plain Bert? Oh, the possibilities. All of them so wildly attractive.

I know his Mother was deaf, but there's no excuse for that. Gilbert? Really?

lol. Poor guy. Yeah, it's definitely him. I like how he says "I'm gonna go see the doctor" at the end. Almost like, "we'll fix this."

Perhaps he's referring to going to go fill his perscription for the blue triangular pill *cough*.

One thing that always struck me about Bite Me when I first saw it was this: how would Grissom, lifelong bachelor, single man, know what couples do when they want to have a night to themselves "away from the kids"? Which, for them, could simply mean trying to plan a date so that they don't run into anyone from the lab

i think hes just an idealist. or old fashioned. or maybe thats not even the right word, like, if that was me, and i found out, a relatively young couple were sleeping in seperate beds, id find that odd too. without taking into account why, like sara said, it could be snoring etc, but straight off-id find that weird. thats just how youre brought up, and i think, someone with his morals-he just probably thinks, in a committed, romantic institution like a marriage-its rare for married couples not to sleep in the same bed. unless their way old perhaps, and the thrill and passion isnt there, but the love is..i dunno. but the way he says, about the suffocating remark-it did seem like he was directing that are sara-it seemed personal, the way it said it, but its hard to explain...but when she says about how you can have sex and romance without sharing a bed, his innitial reaction, is a bit suprised, so maybe he wasnt meaning sara-he was just talking generally, and she took it...gah, im reading too much into it and losing my point now, but there was SO something going on there, even if it was the very start of dinner, dating.

Ad, Sarah -- You two are hilarious left alone in a thread together. :lol:

I really don't see her saying, "Gilbert" either.

Never know, they could surprise you.

Yes, Adzix and I... we ARE fabulous, aren't we?

I agree, Sara_Grissom_Fan - I think that brought up in a house with a loving marriage, he assumes that if you're not doing something by the norm, it must mean there's a greater problem at work.

Whereas Sara, having been raised in a dysfunctional home, might be more willing to kind of go, "There are a lot of steps on the way to 'bad' and I don't think one abnormality automatically qualifies as a bad marriage".

Which may explain Grissom's response - he was just trying to say, "Stop defending it - if a couple doesn't want to sleep together, there must be something actually wrong".

And his intonation may have been more "teacher". But here's the flaw in that - he put huge emphasis on the word "he" and made that "soft voice" that he does whenever he's talking about something personal.

But for all we know, and this is backed up by his smile, he's just messing with her. He's aware that she's unsteady, but if he's pretty secure, then I think that he almost enjoys being able to ruffle her feathers after years of getting it from her.

Gilly, maybe? But *not* Gilly-Willy...that's just...disturbing lol. So is "Grissy-Wissy" lolol How 'bout something like "my big bad bugman" or "honey...bee..."

lol can't you just hear him "Enough with the bug jokes,my little butterfly." *Gris smacks forehead* "darnit"

thats true. i agree. i rewatched the clip just before, and i noticed when he said 'or maybe they were suffocating each other and HE couldnt breathe'...i was like, ok, he really made a point of saying the male couldnt, when it could have been either sex, so i think he was meaning himself there perhaps. but i dont think he looked like he felt suffocated by her. but if youre brought up in a healthy stable home, you expect what you grew up with and everthing else is odd to you. i think thats why he automatically thought-not sleeping in same bed-problems in the relationship.
but i agree, i dont think he was serious, i think he adores her and like you say, just likes she cares enough to get ticked off at him every so often. but his face after-he wasnt serious, or anything, it softened, and saras did after his did, i noticed.

hey can someone post an uploaded link to that tv guide new pic? i cant see it in the link given. thanks! :)

Gilly - Willy? LMAO. I doubt she would say that one, that would be just completely weird. .. Melly! lmao, "How are you my sexy big bad bugman"

You just really love the idea of them messing with each other, don't you Sarah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back