Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Status
Not open for further replies.
In re the poll, I voted Other. I'm just not seeing much GSR at all. Really, their interactions have been pretty much the same as before the ship sailed (or at least became canon). Or maybe I'm dense.

I do NOT want soapy, but I do look forward to seeing this aspect of the show develop. I'd like for clues and hints to be thrown in so we can get a timeline.

And I'm going to crack up if they announce they're married at some point (like when he resigns to go teach).

Gilly, maybe? But *not* Gilly-Willy...that's just...disturbing lol. So is "Grissy-Wissy" lolol How 'bout something like "my big bad bugman" or "honey...bee..."

lol can't you just hear him "Enough with the bug jokes,my little butterfly." *Gris smacks forehead* "darnit"

I don't believe a few lines of text have chilled me this much since SuperDickery.

thats true. i agree. i rewatched the clip just before, and i noticed when he said 'or maybe they were suffocating each other and HE couldnt breathe'...i was like, ok, he really made a point of saying the male couldnt, when it could have been either sex, so i think he was meaning himself there perhaps.

Also possibly implicating the husband as a suspect. Since the wife turns up dead, perhaps he's reluctant to imply that she's the one who didn't want to be with him, even if that was the case. Both Sara and Grissom had their fathers die, but in very different ways. I think Sara resented her Mother for killing her father, whereas Grissom always pitied his. So maybe, in general, and we see this with Gentle Gentle as well, he just doesn't WANT to suspect mothers.

I'm not denying that the whole conversation couldn't have been about GSR, but knowing Grissom, he's focused on the case at work more often than not.

but i agree, i dont think he was serious, i think he adores her and like you say, just likes she cares enough to get ticked off at him every so often. but his face after-he wasnt serious, or anything, it softened, and saras did after his did, i noticed.

Right. So my official conclusion is that it was equal parts getting her back for years of uncomfortable statements, and partly his own focus on the case.

I just don't believe that a few weeks or months into dating, he'd be that much of a dick to go, "Woah, maybe it's time to back off a little".

Also... what if he was offended by the sex comment? Not offended, but maybe... I dunno - if he was the one putting on the breaks, perhaps he never explained why. So Sara making such a direct comment about "... or romance" as if to imply, "It's not always sex" made him sort of retort without thinking.

And I'm going to crack up if they announce they're married at some point (like when he resigns to go teach).

lol. In seven months' time:

"Everyone, Sara and I have an announcement. We've been keeping this quiet for some time, but... we're seeing each other."

Various gasps, "No way!" so on, so forth.

SARA: Yes. Yes we are. And Grissom and I are retiring to teach at UNLV together.

Greg looks devistated, Nick looks handsome and willing to comfort him.

GRISSOM: Right. Now that we've been married for a year, they're willing to override the no dating rules.

Blinks.

SARA: Yes, and our third child, which I'm expecting any day now, due to my enormous gut that could only be explained by pregnancy, will be named Sedona. Or Wildtree. Or something fruity.

GRISSOM: Questions?

hahahahahaha.

im not joking, id love that, well not all that and in that way, but id like to think they would get married one day. im serious. id love it.

i think youre right about the bite me scene though. thinking about it, i do think Grissom was just absorbed in the case (like with the thermite scene), and his own stance on such subjects, trying to make sense of it, and she read into it, and he was suprised when he realised she was taking it personally, and so he softened his face and smiled, and then she softened hers. i agree, he wouldnt say sara was smothering him and he couldnt breathe, right before he was about to get into a relationship with her, thats just stupid, and she hadnt been smothering him. yes, agreed.

So I open my university's newspaper and it has a "Woo-hoo" and "Boo-Hoo" section in the entertainment spot.

Basically it's "Cheers and Jeers".

Anyway - they showed the recent face-off between CSI and Grey's. They gave CSI a woo-hoo for managing to, in two episodes, revitalize its somewhat faltering charisma and include more characterization (aka GSR and Catherine's story), and gave Grey's a boo-hoo for being the same tired story about doctors who are more likely to catch STD's than treat them.

By 'give you the hat' do you mean 'use the hat as my new icon on Talk'? Because if so - PLEASE DEAR GOD DO IT NOW *rocks back and forth, wailing after a week of nightmares and no sleep due to Mrs Grodenko*
I'm sorry, sporter. I really am. But you know that somewhere deep down, you love Mrs. Grodenko with all of your essence. I'll put up THE HAT when I get around to it.

Catherine, Doc and Brass are the most likely choices, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be fun if it was Archie, Hodges, Bobby or Wendy.
I think it would be cool if people never found out. I don't really care about seeing reactions, and I don't want to turn it into a giggleshare!fest. Maybe just like, at the end, when they go, it'll just be like "btw, we've been together for ages. thank you and goodnight."

I imagine she still calls him Griss.
God, but I hope so.

You're Catholic?
I was actually thinking of the voodoo witch doctor hat, but I suppose I could use the Catholic hat instead.. hmm.

There was a tragic lack of whales, dude. The interview was whale-free. Pas de whales.
ALSO? They asked her about being the number-one most downloaded picture and she DIDN'T tell the "one guy" joke.
Apocalypse? I feel thy presence.
WHAT? NO WHALES? What is the world coming to?! And she LOVES her "one guy" joke. I don't think I've seen a single interview in which she doesn't tell it. Maybe she's just forgotten it, since it's been so long since anyone cared enought to ask her. I'm so gonna go on THonline and try to dl this now.

oh, i so agree to this. Hogdes ... dear lord, that would be even funnier than when Sexy Kitty walked with Grissom through the lab.
Sexy Kitty is my frigging hero, yo. I'm going to totally start writing Grissom/SexyKitty fanfic and I'm going to work on releasing a line of G/SK merchandise, including a selection to be sold only in adult shops.

Bertie, perhaps? Just plain Bert? Oh, the possibilities. All of them so wildly attractive.
Yeah, and he could call her Ernie.

I don't believe a few lines of text have chilled me this much since SuperDickery.
You BOW to SuperDickery, wench! SuperDickery OWNS you!

SARA: Yes, and our third child, which I'm expecting any day now, due to my enormous gut that could only be explained by pregnancy, will be named Sedona. Or Wildtree. Or something fruity
StarGlow MoonDancer!!!

I'm sorry, sporter. I really am. But you know that somewhere deep down, you love Mrs. Grodenko with all of your essence. I'll put up THE HAT when I get around to it.

Speaking of the two of you, you know what ELSE was in that edition? An interview with the moustache club that mourned the lost of great moustachioed leaders like Tom Selleck, and then a few pages down, a pic of the Tom himself that read - 1/2 Tom, 1/2 moustache.

I think it would be cool if people never found out. I don't really care about seeing reactions, and I don't want to turn it into a giggleshare!fest. Maybe just like, at the end, when they go, it'll just be like "btw, we've been together for ages. thank you and goodnight."

lol. Agreed. Which is why minor characters finding out or at least inkling is better. Just having a knowing or curious look and moving on. That way it's less of an obligatory pass-it-on than if it were Greg or Nick or someone.

Or Greg and Nick when they're in bed together.

Cough.

(THE LOVE!)

God, but I hope so.

C'mon - "Ride me, Gilly-Willy" turns you on and you know it.

I was actually thinking of the voodoo witch doctor hat, but I suppose I could use the Catholic hat instead.. hmm.

Pope hats are always automatically superior to any other hat.

WHAT? NO WHALES? What is the world coming to?! And she LOVES her "one guy" joke. I don't think I've seen a single interview in which she doesn't tell it. Maybe she's just forgotten it, since it's been so long since anyone cared enought to ask her. I'm so gonna go on THonline and try to dl this now.

Maybe James Lipton told her not to pull that shit on his stage. Cuz he's James Lipton, bitch.

Sexy Kitty is my frigging hero, yo. I'm going to totally start writing Grissom/SexyKitty fanfic and I'm going to work on releasing a line of G/SK merchandise, including a selection to be sold only in adult shops.

Where do I know Sexy Kitty from? It's going to drive me insane. The actor, I mean.

Yeah, and he could call her Ernie.

Are you implying that Bert and Earnie are gay? I've never heard of such a thing.

I think he'd be more likely to call her his Fair and Perfumed Garden.

You BOW to SuperDickery, wench! SuperDickery OWNS you!

It sure does.

StarGlow MoonDancer!!!

Zigs, that would just be lame.

Speaking of the two of you, you know what ELSE was in that edition? An interview with the moustache club that mourned the lost of great moustachioed leaders like Tom Selleck, and then a few pages down, a pic of the Tom himself that read - 1/2 Tom, 1/2 moustache.
Oh, speaking of which! I hate you.

C'mon - "Ride me, Gilly-Willy" turns you on and you know it.
What really disturbs me about it is the idea that Gina could call Billy that in real life.
To quote SuperDickery:
"And that's terrible."

Pope hats are always automatically superior to any other hat.
You said you liked the voodoo witch doctor hat better! what the hell!

Maybe James Lipton told her not to pull that shit on his stage. Cuz he's James Lipton, bitch.
*cough* Who is James Lipton? And she's Teri Hatcher, bitch.

Where do I know Sexy Kitty from? It's going to drive me insane. The actor, I mean.
You mean the little bald dude? Quick! To the IMDBcave! Okay, his name is Willie Garson. Notable credits include a whole crapload of guest star roles on a wide variety of TV shows.. No seriously dude, this guy has been on like, every tv show that has ever aired. Plus he was in Soapdish! Yaaaay, Soapdish! Anyway, voila: http://imdb.com/name/nm0308606/

Are you implying that Bert and Earnie are gay? I've never heard of such a thing.
Not me. Never me.

I think he'd be more likely to call her his Fair and Perfumed Garden.
Yep, still hate you.

Zigs, that would just be lame.
YOU'RE lame.

That horrid ETalkDaily show is having some sort of CSI celebration thingie tonight. Mostly for Miami and it's 100th episode, but it kept showing shots of Billy and Marg and stuff. Almost as if they were trying to use them to convince you that Miami is worth watching. *shrugs* regardless, if CSI is the topic, GSR will most likely come up. So if you're Canadian, tune in tonight.. whenever it's on.. I don't know, because I don't watch it. I just saw a commercial, you see.

Oh, speaking of which! I hate you.

Would you like me to bring it to your place in a gold or wooden frame?

What really disturbs me about it is the idea that Gina could call Billy that in real life.
To quote SuperDickery:
"And that's terrible."

Except she wouldn't. Or at least I hope she wouldn't. But if she did, it's her marriage and she can do what she wants. But yes. It would be terrible. I think I'll write an enraged fan letter on the subject.

You said you liked the voodoo witch doctor hat better! what the hell!

I lied to make you feel better. Pope hat owns all.

*cough* Who is James Lipton? And she's Teri Hatcher, bitch.

The guy who does the interviews. He did a beer bong on Conan O'Brien and read out some of K-Fed's "work". It was awesome.

Yaaaay, Soapdish!

Not enough is said about Soapdish.

OH! I know where I know him from - he was on Sex and the City.

Okay - anyway, Jorja's right. Sara never gets to do the weird sex cases. I think the "weirdest" she got was wife swapping which, I mean, come on - if they're not wearing cat suits, it's only as weird as the weirdest person.

I'd love them making G+S work a weird sex fetish case together. Not S&M and all of the backstory baggage that would entail, but just the nice level of discomfort of two people who see each other naked sort of being forced to listen to all of this alternative lifestyle stuff together, and then discussing it.

Not me. Never me.

My childhood is ruined.

Yep, still hate you.

What? There was nothing dirty about that. Everyone loves vegetation.

YOU'RE lame.

Is that why you AREN'T WRITING ON MSN RIGHT NOW?

That horrid ETalkDaily show is having some sort of CSI celebration thingie tonight. Mostly for Miami and it's 100th episode, but it kept showing shots of Billy and Marg and stuff. Almost as if they were trying to use them to convince you that Miami is worth watching. *shrugs* regardless, if CSI is the topic, GSR will most likely come up. So if you're Canadian, tune in tonight.. whenever it's on.. I don't know, because I don't watch it. I just saw a commercial, you see.

It's been said a couple different places, but isn't it WEIRD having so many people talk about GSR right now?

Especially when they go, "And the internet just exploded" and you're like "uh... wait - people pay attention to this stuff?"

But yeah - it's like an indie band that you backed that now makes it mainstream. You hear people talking about how they "sold out" how they're only doing things now to compete with other popular bands, and how it's not that good, etc etc.

When really, you just listened because you liked the music, not the politics.

Except she wouldn't. Or at least I hope she wouldn't. But if she did, it's her marriage and she can do what she wants. But yes. It would be terrible. I think I'll write an enraged fan letter on the subject.
Dear Billy:
It has recently come to my attention that there is the slightest and most remote possibility that your beloved wife Gina may just call you "Gilly-Willy" during the course of your lovemaking. I find this absolutely disgusting and would like to threaten you with the loss of my fanship, should you not be able to plausibly deny that this is the case.
Sincerely,
Sarah A.

I lied to make you feel better. Pope hat owns all.
Pope hat it is, then.

The guy who does the interviews. He did a beer bong on Conan O'Brien and read out some of K-Fed's "work". It was awesome.
Does he also, bychance, produce a selection of delicious teas and soups?

I'd love them making G+S work a weird sex fetish case together. Not S&M and all of the backstory baggage that would entail, but just the nice level of discomfort of two people who see each other naked sort of being forced to listen to all of this alternative lifestyle stuff together, and then discussing it.
Tooottally. Like.. okay.. I dunno.. *thinks hard about a fetish that has not been covered on the show* Maybe nerds who dress up in Star Wars costumes and have mad cosplay sex. It could involve Sara needing to go undercover as Boba Fett in order to seek out the truth behind the tragic murder of Princess Leia at the hands of Chewie.

Is that why you AREN'T WRITING ON MSN RIGHT NOW?
I AM writing, you're not replying.. perhaps you just can't see me. Log out and log back in or something.

Especially when they go, "And the internet just exploded" and you're like "uh... wait - people pay attention to this stuff?"
It totally creeps me out that like, ET researchers could be reading this right now. Like.. what if they.. *shudder* quote us on their horrible (I'm sorry, delightfully enjoyable!) program.

Reading all your comments is mind boggling :eek: OMG, you fans are on the "crazed" side of the world- well, me too, I'm here as well :devil: here's a poll I just found on the JFO about "Does Ecklie know about G/S"? it's from 307 fans-

NO-54.7%
YES-19.5%
EVERYONE KNOWS-16.6%
I DON'T KNOW-9.1%

YGM20sleeve006.jpg
"hurry up and kiss her"
LoveHearts.gif

Thanks Sarah. :) I'm so glad to be back. Two weeks away from this thread and any reviews/spoilers was torture, but it was worth it. I like reading reviews, assesments of the episodes, etc, when I have already seen them. So I guess I'm kinda going spoiler free--at least from the time the episode is aired to the time I see it.

Anyway...with regards to the Bite Me scene, what did y'all think about when the ep first aired? I didn't see it until after WTG when I knew they were already together, which made the meaning much more clear. I remember reading the recap on Fandom Talk or something, and their reaction was pretty much like WTF? They thought that Gris seemed really uncomfortable, but I don't think so b/c they were smiling at each other after the initial awkwardness.

Speaking of which, though (and I believe this has been mentioned before, but while I'm on the topic, I thought I'd mention it again) we haven't actually heard Sara call Grissom anything name-wise this season (though she has referred to him as Grissom to other teammates, which is no surprise). And while things technically shouldn't be different this season to last if they've been together the whole time anyway (and not just recently) but it'd be good to hear a few more "Griss"s. I just can't picture her calling him Gil.
Yeah, I agree. Anyone calling him Gil except for like Brass, Ecklie, or random sheriffs/other law enforcement people just seems weird. Oh, and Cath also calls him Gil but it isn't weird then either. I think Nicky called him Gil at the beginning of season 6, but it only happened once. As for Warrick, he only called Grissom "Gil" once before he started w/ Gris. Wasn't Warrick the one that started that nickname anyway? I remember him using Gris maybe as far back as like s3, but definitely s4. Oh yeah, and Gilbert is way cooler than Gil. Whenever I hear the name Gil I think of Anne of Green Gables. It works for that character, but not Gris!

Catherine, Doc and Brass are the most likely choices, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be fun if it was Archie, Hodges, Bobby or Wendy.
It would be fun if all the lab techs figured it out before the CSIs, but I'm convinced that Hodges will be the last one to find out, just b/c he wouldn't think it was possible :D

Oh, and the YTDAW link worked for me. Is the pic from the TV Guide that comes out this week? I like the variation. I wonder how many different shots they took. It would be awesome if there was a new one like every week.

OMG, you fans are on the "crazed" side of the world
Noooo.... NOOOO!!!! heh. You should see us when we're actually in the same room watching CSI. It's not pretty.

It would be fun if all the lab techs figured it out before the CSIs, but I'm convinced that Hodges will be the last one to find out, just b/c he wouldn't think it was possible
Or maybe like, everyone is at a lab Christmas party or whatever, and Grissom and Sara are kissing, and Hodges is like "Wtf?" and everyone else is all "Oh yeah, Hodges, didn't you know?" and he goes off on a crazy rant about how he's always the last to know everything and nobody trusts him and nobody loves him. Poor Hodges.

Dear Billy:
It has recently come to my attention that there is the slightest and most remote possibility that your beloved wife Gina may just call you "Gilly-Willy" during the course of your lovemaking. I find this absolutely disgusting and would like to threaten you with the loss of my fanship, should you not be able to plausibly deny that this is the case.
Sincerely,
Sarah A.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Dear Gil - ahahahahah I mean Billy -

I know that if I were making love to you every night, I would certainly call you any host of delicious, salacious names. Unfortunately, I am not. Therefore, I must insist upon speaking to your wife about one that I find particularly gruesome. Gina, if you ever call him "Gilly-Willy", I'll KNOW. And revoke your wife duties.
- Anonymous (looking through your blinds)

*The above was meant to be entirely satirical.*

Anyway - I do find it weird how some people "fan" actors to a fantasy degree. Like the example in BTK when Sara talked about the person who'd broken into Brad Pitt's house.

Pope hat it is, then.

Nods.

Does he also, bychance, produce a selection of delicious teas and soups?

Tragically, I don't believe he does. But if he did, I'm sure they would be well-researched, humbling, and introspective.

I believe, on a sidenote, that there is currently an attempt to get Billy on Inside the Actors Studio. And to that I say, "If they're taking Teri, I can't see why not".

Tooottally. Like.. okay.. I dunno.. *thinks hard about a fetish that has not been covered on the show* Maybe nerds who dress up in Star Wars costumes and have mad cosplay sex. It could involve Sara needing to go undercover as Boba Fett in order to seek out the truth behind the tragic murder of Princess Leia at the hands of Chewie.

And in this "scenario" would it require Grissom and Sara to act out the tragic death? I think in his beardless form, Chewie might be a stretch. But the gold bikini...

*watches as Ziggy recoils in horror*

It totally creeps me out that like, ET researchers could be reading this right now. Like.. what if they.. *shudder* quote us on their horrible (I'm sorry, delightfully enjoyable!) program.

There's a new rise in perversion and delusion among young internet users. See here on a chat board how they talk about Tom Selleck and what are appropriate nicknames for your lover in the bedroom.

Anyway - I don't know... I suppose it's more that you simply don't assume they're all that aware of fanship on the net.

And, again, when it comes to a show that just isn't about shipping, to suddenly hear them going on and on about GSR in pretty much any interview... it's odd.

Especially when you see how much thought they've all put into it, you're kind of like, "...and where was this before?"

Cool poll, desert, thanks!
ETA

Sorry, Freckles - I didn't see your post.
Anyway...with regards to the Bite Me scene, what did y'all think about when the ep first aired?

That was the scene, interestingly enough, that made me start shipping GSR. So it couldn't have been that bad on first impression. lol. Though in truth it was subliminal. I don't think I actively went, "Well, this is the ship for me". But it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back where I went, "Hang on, there's something happening here". It wasn't until afterwards that I began to try and put a negative spin on it.

Don't even start with what I'd call him while in the "process" of------------ it's a PG fan-site- and I might cause some uproar-and a warning- :eek: but "fantasies' run rampant :devil:and ziggy I want to watch it with you- :cool: maybe here in Vegas, you can all stay at my place-Xmas party, and shots of tequila, or vodka, fruit punch for the little ones!!! or whatever :devil:and your welcome sarah polls are fun, I think Ickly Ecklie has a prtty good hunch, and I really think the rest know!!! and I'm just so impatient waiting-waiting-damn hurry up- writers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gi.jpg

Anyway - I do find it weird how some people "fan" actors to a fantasy degree. Like the example in BTK when Sara talked about the person who'd broken into Brad Pitt's house.
What, you mean like Adzix? :devil: Nah, I'm joking. I totally agree. Like.. people who ship actors instead of characters and stuff like that. I love the dynamic between Grissom and Sara, but I'd never think that Billy and Jorja would have anything together.. I can imagine it's tough on Gina, knowing about those who do.

I believe, on a sidenote, that there is currently an attempt to get Billy on Inside the Actors Studio. And to that I say, "If they're taking Teri, I can't see why not".
Oh you did NOT just dis my Teri, did you? She may be batshit crazy, but she's still my girl, yo. Anyway, I thought Billy had already done Inside. I guess not. I would love to see that, it would be fantastic.

*watches as Ziggy recoils in horror*
If I hadn't already digested all in my stomach, I'd be vomiting right now.

Desert, your party sounds fantastic. We'll bring our CSI watching gear and head on over..

Oh, that reminds me!!! I don't think Sarah mentioned to you all!

So last Thursday, Sarah shows up at my house at our regular CSI watching evening time of 6pm, wearing her CSI shirt. I was wearing my CSI cap, so it was all good. But THEN, Sarah says to me "Oh! Oh! I have a new CSI watching shirt!" And I'm going "cool, cool." So she goes into my bathroom to change and what does she emerge wearing? A CLONE OF THE BLUE HAWAIIAN SHIRT. Seriously. She bought this silk kimono sleepshirt thingie at her work that looks almost identical to Grissom's shirt- it's just a shade too dark. It apparently cost her $2. As it should. I tortured her mercilessly, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back