Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K., no throwing stones, but I seriously am surprised that people find it so shocking that Gris and Sara get together.

Last night Spike re-aired the Pilot episode and when Holly Gribbs gets shot, Grissom tells the team that he's "calling in an old friend from LA"....one Sara Sidle. Her first scene with him is playful and then later, when Sara is trying to solve the "wife kidnapping" case she yells out to Grissom "Hey, Grissom, would you come tape me up?" and he turns to Cath and says "I love my job".

Does anyone else think there was a prior relationship going on before she joined him again in Las Vegas? Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, but it was my first viewing of the pilot eppy.

i see what you mean, that might have been why he held back for so long. he knew how he felt, but it was complicated because of his professional responsibilities towards her, and the fact he didnt really know how she felt back then around BF. he thought it was a crush thing, that she'd find someone else sooner or later, but then in season 5 she tells him, hes always meant more to her than a boss, and that she up and left her perious life just to be with him and work with him. i think after he hears that stuff-he realises, she feels very deeply for him, and he progressivly gets more comfortable with the idea-committed maybe where it turned around, till he eventually gets into a relationship with her, and puts her above his professional carrer. thats how i think it was maybe. :)

welcome hon! :)

i love that ep-shes so happy. anyways nah, i really dont think they had any type of prior relationship before she moved to LV. he said he she was a friend and that he trusted her in that ep, so i conclude they were close. but the way they act in the six seasons-his butterflied speech in s4, where he was so conflicted (or not in that speech) about sara and getting into a relationship with her, telling her she was beautiful in season 2 (i think) and her looking majorly shocked...i really really dont think so. cause in the seasons, you kinda see their feelings grow, subtly, but you see it-the progression-and when she says in snakes, that she chooses men who are emotionally unavailable, and she gestures at grissom, it kinda makes it seem, like nothings ever happened between them, and how she asks him out in season 3 and tells him, lets see what happens-it just doesnt seem like there is any romantic history before LV, otherwise those scenes, would be entirely different. but i agree with you, about how you dont see why so many have a problem with them, but thats their problem, not ours. welcome to the GSR thread! :)

First off, welcome Brassy if you haven't been welcomed before.

Secondly... in the very beginning, if you look at the dynamic of the whole team, it really seemed as though they were kind of plotting several different scenarios in terms of ships. As time went on, those options seemed to lessen as they found their place with 'just friends' 'friends who flirt' 'one-sided crushes' and yes 'relationships'.

Don't worry about the question - I, personally, don't think that they were together in a relationship. I'd be willing to say that one of them made a move, but I don't think that it went anywhere long-term, especially with the two of them being in different cities.

It was clear from the fact that Grissom was dating the lab tech that he wasn't exactly pinning away for her in his ivory tower, but at the same time, she was the first person he thought of when he could have anyone come in and join the lab.

So... maybe they kissed, MAYBE a one-night stand, but full-blown relationship? I doubt it.

True. I think it's difficult for both of them to hide their feeling.Probably after this ep they'll face the fact they can't keep the secret forever. This is an aspect of their relationship that TPTB have to develop this season, they known they would had to do it when they decided to get them together. However i like it and don't consider it something overwhelming.

In all of the discussion about too much GSR, I forgot that besides our geeks working together, and the blush comment, we also have the scene (unless it's been cut) where Warrick says to Grissom: You're the smart one. Lifelong bachelor. No hassle" or something like that and the stage directions describe Grissom's look as "Sara's not a hassle".

Anyway, I guess I am kind of getting more excited for the GSR. But.. again, it's sort of like the GSR where someone might find out.

Don't you want their secret out?

I can't wait to see this ep really, all the hype for it is so exciting, really. oh shut up sarah! but I do wanna see Griss' face when Rick says that.

i really dont want the scret out yet, its only been two eps of them hiding it, and to be honest, there hasnt been a lot of hiding required so far, the only overt GSR scene was the veggie burger one. i wanna see more of them getting by at work in a secret relationship before i see it come out. its just more fun that way i think. haha

Aww, You totally are!
awwwwwwwwwww, thank you *sob of joy*
he thought it was a crush thing, that she'd find someone else sooner or later, but then in season 5 she tells him, hes always meant more to her than a boss, and that she up and left her perious life just to be with him and work with him. i think after he hears that stuff-he realises, she feels very deeply for him, and he progressivly gets more comfortable with the idea-committed maybe where it turned around, till he eventually gets into a relationship with her, and puts her above his professional carrer.
very nice point Sara_Grissom_Fan. i can see it happening. maybe it was more like Grissom WANTED to believe it's just a crush and it'll pass, so he just needed to wait until the problem gets solved itself. but then in Butterflied, he confeses it was a mistake and now, he thinks it's too late, so he regrets it. and as i said later, in Snakes sara assures him that it's not too late and that what she feels for him is a lot deeper than a simple crush.
Don't you want their secret out?
i need to admit that i really want somebody to find out. like, REALLY. it'd be so darn interesting if they could behave like a couple in presence of someone from the team. besides, i need ... no let me say it again - i NEED to see somebody's reaction to that. period.

but yeah, i agree it's too early. TPTB needs to play with it a little, i mean, suspicions, slip outs etc. yeah, i know it's OCC, but i can't help i want it. not too much of course, just as it is going on now.

and i believe they're reserving a big GSR moment, maybe everybody or just somebody finding out - for the S7 finale.

You will NOT break me!! I WILL stand firm!!!

Grr.

And yes, we got the spoiler of the century, they together, but i will not break! You cannot make me! *ends up huddled in little ball in corner before the mid-season episodes*

Okay, umm, this has also been discussed to death, but who do we think will find out first? Paul Guilfoyle wants it to be Brass. Who is it gonna be? Lol.

Polishing Billy Peterson's chest? I think i would faint if i saw him in real life shirtless. Really i would. You would have to peel me off the floor.

Got to go

Gillian Sara Grissom
(DON'T WARN THE TADPOLES!)

Gil Grissom: Sara, do you have any duct tape in your kit?
Sara Sidle: Yeah. It's what I use to hold it together.

Guys, what episode is this from? It's driving me insane!

for the love of all that is good and holy, thank you!

and that picture is cool, i kinda like it better than the other one. she's all swooning and whatnot.

Hey y'all! I haven't written for a while b/c I didn't get to see the new eps until this past weekend. I got to watch both of them together, so maybe that's the reason, but I enjoyed parts 1 and 2. The veggie burger scene was cute, and *of course* Warrick was there. Good ole clueless Warrick. You think he would pay more attention to what's going on, but no. I really like the way Fandom Talk's recapped the scene:

Grissom enters with lunch for Sara, a veggie burger, and Warrick is offended that he doesn't get any food. Exchanging a twinkly look with Sara that Warrick completely misses, Grissom says he didn't know Warrick was there. "Where's the love?" Warrick grouses. Uh...you just missed it, buddy. They teach those mad observational skillz in the CSI Academy? Grissom departs and Warrick, still oblivious even though Sara's got a starry-eyed smile plastered to her face, says Hodges identified a substance found on the gun as melted sesame seeds.
I bet when the lab actually finds out Warrick will be kicking himself. :D I also liked the "my supervisor" part, but didn't especially notice Gris' "seriously adorable 'Bye'" (also quote from Fandom Talk). I'll have to rewatch that scene.

Built To Kill Part II was also good. I didn't think the Ecklie scene was OOC or OTT. I think the "of course you do"
has been considered differently b/c we know Gris and Sara are together. If the same situation had occured in an ep in a previous season, it would just be thought of as "Sara always agrees w/ Grissom". So I don't think Ecklie's remarks really mean anything w/ regards to their relationship. I did love Sara's reaction though: "Does he...of course not". And those sunglasses...well lets just say our Geek Couple might need a few styling tips ;)

Anyway - as for the singing... there was an episode in the early seasons where Grissom jokingly head-bobbed to Greg's rock music, and let's not forget the maniacal giggle when he had his birthday present for Lindsey. I don't think it's so much OOC as a return to character.
OMG, my favorite part of the episode!!! I kinda knew that it was gonna happen (my sis told me), but I loved it. I completely agree w/ Sarah (I think) that this goes back to the happy season 1 Gris. In fact, that was the first thing that I thought after seeing the scene. I tried to imagine bearded Gris singing w/ Doc, but it wasn't happening. :) Even if Billy did shave off the beard for a simple reason, for the character it means a lot more. Oh yeah, and after that scene there is no doubt in my mind that Doc knows something is up w/ Gris. Even if he can't guess that Gris is w/ Sara, he's gotta know Gris is in some kind of a relationship.

For the poll I chose the second option. There is a chance that TPTB will go overboard, but for now I have faith in them (or at least w/ RamGold--who I noticed wrote/contributed to the first two eps--way to start off the season right :))

Anyway, enough w/ my long rambling. Long live peace, love, and GSR :D :D

Hey y'all! I haven't written for a while b/c I didn't get to see the new eps until this past weekend. I got to watch both of them together, so maybe that's the reason, but I enjoyed parts I and II. The veggie burger scene was cute, and *of course* Warrick was there. Good ole clueless Warrick. You think he would pay more attention to what's going on, but no. I really like the way Fandom Talk's recapped the scene:

Grissom enters with lunch for Sara, a veggie burger, and Warrick is offended that he doesn't get any food. Exchanging a twinkly look with Sara that Warrick completely misses, Grissom says he didn't know Warrick was there. "Where's the love?" Warrick grouses. Uh...you just missed it, buddy. They teach those mad observational skillz in the CSI Academy? Grissom departs and Warrick, still oblivious even though Sara's got a starry-eyed smile plastered to her face, says Hodges identified a substance found on the gun as melted sesame seeds.
I bet when the lab actually finds out Warrick will be kicking himself. :D I also liked the "my supervisor" part, but didn't especially notice Gris' "seriously adorable 'Bye'" (also quote from Fandom Talk). I'll have to rewatch that scene.

Built To Kill Part II was also good. I didn't think the Ecklie scene was OOC or OTT. I think the "of course you do"
has been considered differently b/c we know Gris and Sara are together. If the same situation had occured in an ep in a previous season, it would just be thought of as "Sara always agrees w/ Grissom". So I don't think Ecklie's remarks really mean anything w/ regards to their relationship. I did love Sara's reaction though: "Does he...of course not". And those sunglasses...well lets just say our Geek Couple might need a few styling tips ;)

Anyway - as for the singing... there was an episode in the early seasons where Grissom jokingly head-bobbed to Greg's rock music, and let's not forget the maniacal giggle when he had his birthday present for Lindsey. I don't think it's so much OOC as a return to character.
OMG, my favorite part of the episode!!! I kinda knew that it was gonna happen (my sis told me), but I loved it. I completely agree w/ Sarah (I think) that this goes back to the happy season 1 Gris. In fact, that was the first thing that I thought after seeing the scene. I tried to imagine bearded Gris singing w/ Doc, but it wasn't happening. :) Even if Billy did shave off the beard for a simple reason, for the character it means a lot more. Oh yeah, and after that scene there is no doubt in my mind that Doc knows something is up w/ Gris. Even if he can't guess that Gris is w/ Sara, he's gotta know Gris is in some kind of a relationship.

For the poll I chose the second option. There is a chance that TPTB will go overboard, but for now I have faith in them (or at least w/ RamGold--who I noticed wrote/contributed to the first two eps--way to start off the season right :))

Anyway, enough w/ my long ramblings. Long live peace, love, and GSR :D :D

i really dont want the scret out yet, its only been two eps of them hiding it, and to be honest, there hasnt been a lot of hiding required so far, the only overt GSR scene was the veggie burger one. i wanna see more of them getting by at work in a secret relationship before i see it come out. its just more fun that way i think. haha

True, but this is TV land. Most likely the veggie incident will go unspoken of forever, however some small scene that nobody could possibly have witnessed will land them in trouble *cough- who the hell was watching the chalk-swipe - cough*

Anyway - I agree. I like this pic better, but I think they went with the first one in the spread because it was a little more symmetrical.

i need to admit that i really want somebody to find out. like, REALLY. it'd be so darn interesting if they could behave like a couple in presence of someone from the team. besides, i need ... no let me say it again - i NEED to see somebody's reaction to that. period.

Or even something where Nick and Greg make a little smile behind their backs, and then nod seriously when they turn back.

Either people going WTF? or people already knowing.

And WELCOME BACK to Freckles!

I think I may have simply been over-sensitive at the time, but yeah - the Ecklie stuff wasn't that bad. Again, it was just that I was afraid they were doing too much, but we've only had 2 episodes so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back