Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Status
Not open for further replies.
well ok, the bare chest one is kinda old, but it's different, i polished it

Ew. You would.

and wait... how a COWBOY can be EUROPEAN?

Spaghetti Westerns, dude - entirely shot by Italians.

LOL. If you're talking about the eye sex one I totally thought the same thing. I have finally discovered after years of pondering, that Grissom cannot rock a handlebar moustache. That's what it looks like to me.

Which means you haven't seen Young Guns 2. Because he has one in it. And it's horrific. Should I add that he also has a curly mullet? Cuz he does.

i choose, Nope - I have GSR and it makes me happy. Simple as that.
i think its subtle and its not too much, its just enough. im happy with how things are, as long as their together, alls well.

greenplastic -i love youre banner, its so frickin cute. :)

I chose the second option. Though I've discussed this enough, I'll just say that they're walking a very very thin line at the moment.

Right now, as it is, it's all good, but it's only too easy to slip off into the realm of just too much.

Even with the sabattical, and with Greg's personal storyline, and with Warrick recovering his gambling, it's still easy to point at GSR and call it a "soap opera". So yeah, a lot of this is just me wanting to be able to say, "No, it's not changing the show". But not just to say it to other people. I liked the show the way that it was. Yes, I wanted GSR, but I didn't want for every case to be them together. When they weren't together, I easily could have said that, because every scene they had was a moment closer to getting them together. Now that they are, you almost want to say, "Grissom! People are going to NOTICE if you keep pairing yourself with her". But I guess even smart men in love are idiots. lol.

In other news... I think "First blush" is probably more likely to be our thread title name.

It seems that they put the first three episodes' worth into the John Mayer video, and as someone pointed out, while Grissom's response is from last week's, Sara's "first blush" comment is, in fact, from Toe Tags.

So - GSR to look forward to, and then (call me crazy) hopefully a good dry spell.

The only problem is that even when they're NOT working together, they seem to have scenes together.

But it's been two episodes, so obviously I'm jumping the gun.

greenplastic -i love youre banner, its so frickin cute.

Why thank you. I was compelled to make it because his look just screams "let's get outta here" to me.

Which means you haven't seen Young Guns 2. Because he has one in it. And it's horrific. Should I add that he also has a curly mullet? Cuz he does.

GOOD CALL! I haven't seen that since like, 'Nam. Completely forgot. Yeah, he was hot in that movie if you could overlook the facial hair.

And anyway, I chose the third one. I just can't see where they are overdoing it AT ALL. I mean, not even on the edge. Now, if every episode they work a case together, I would agree. But I am of the persuasion that it only seems a tad overdone because we know that they are together. In the past, they have worked cases together maybe three episodes in a row, I'm sure. And I doubt we think anything of it.

It surprises me that Grissom is being the more obvious person. I mean, he has a lot more to lose if they get "caught." I'm really only reffering to the veggie burger scene because other than that they have been very professional. I'm just keeping in mind that they have obviously been doing this for a while. My opinion is that they have been together at least by, err, I dunno "A Bullet Runs Through It."

My point is that it only seems like too much (i.e. him pairing up with her) because we know they are a couple.

Sorry Sarah but i totally disagree with you. After the lack of GSR interactions last season is refreshing to see them working together like in the beginning of the show. Besides:
We have had spoilers for the next nine eps and after Toe Tags there is no sign of GSR interactions in the following ones, so for me it's soon says they are crossing the line.

greenplastic - it really does haha, he sooo wanted her, right there. good job hon :)

and i agree with you, some people are picking apart every scene because they know their together, so every scene there in all of a sudden is a gsr scene when it wasnt before, so the scene means a lot more than it did the last 6 seasons, its been very subtle, and so i agree with jofod too, its refreshing, and as a GSR lover, i aint gonna complain about to many scenes (though i dont think there have been), rather id only complain about to little scenes. it doesnt even need to be subtle for me-i wouldnt care if it became very overt once or twice.

GOOD CALL! I haven't seen that since like, 'Nam. Completely forgot. Yeah, he was hot in that movie if you could overlook the facial hair.

Well he does trim the mullet when he becomes "evil". Ironically, in the 1980's, when you became "evil" you got a better haircut. Proof being in the fact that Michael J. Fox and Emilio Estevez were constantly sporting cheap 5-dollar bowl cuts.

And anyway, I chose the third one. I just can't see where they are overdoing it AT ALL. I mean, not even on the edge. Now, if every episode they work a case together, I would agree. But I am of the persuasion that it only seems a tad overdone because we know that they are together. In the past, they have worked cases together maybe three episodes in a row, I'm sure. And I doubt we think anything of it.

And they aren't. It's not really the scenes themselves, it's the volume of those scenes. If every single episode contians GSR, no matter how small, we're going to start getting spoiled. Especially if said GSR doesn't seem to be leading anywhere. I'm all for happy geeks, but not if that's all there is to it. They're in a very risky relationship, not just because of their personalities, not just because of their jobs, but because of the reputations they've built for themselves, the noteriety... and a little of that should start coming out if they ARE going to have GSR in every episode.

It surprises me that Grissom is being the more obvious person. I mean, he has a lot more to lose if they get "caught." I'm really only reffering to the veggie burger scene because other than that they have been very professional. I'm just keeping in mind that they have obviously been doing this for a while. My opinion is that they have been together at least by, err, I dunno "A Bullet Runs Through It."

Well... the thing is that Grissom, to me, was always voicing the Butterflied speech as if for him, this relationship had to be all or nothing. He wasn't just going to date her. He had to BE with her. And therefore, I think now that he's with her, he's definitely the more relaxed, the more content. Sara, who has wanted to be with him, even if it did mean casual dating, is more on guard - she's probably, also, put more thought into what a regular relationship would mean, and she knows the dangers of it better than Grissom because of The Accused is Entitled and Hank.

True, there are no spoilers, but then we have the indications that Burnout might contain the Good Doc, which ultimately means he has to see them together in order to read them.

and i agree with you, some people are picking apart every scene because they know their together, so every scene there in all of a sudden is a gsr scene when it wasnt before, so the scene means a lot more than it did the last 6 seasons, its been very subtle, and so i agree with jofod too, its refreshing

Right. I mean, in a lot of ways, the conversation of "before your time" "more obsessive than you" sort of mirrored the Moby Dick conversation in Committed, except that there, Grissom looked uncomfortable at the things she noticed about him, whereas he felt totally normal telling her how smart she must've been in Harvest.

Perhaps the real reason Grissom is so open now is because, in a way, the relationship is finally on terms he can be a part of, rather than trying to push it away, he can now just sort of embrace it without worrying that he's confusing her or himself.

YOU GUYS ARE NO FAIR!!

You post too many spoilers and i am going spoiler-free this season! I'm going to cry!

But anyway, I picked no. I think that the way they're playing it now, with the little subtle hints and all, is perfect, though i wouldn't mind an overt moment now and again. Even if that meant once a season or so.

Though i do agree with the volume comment. If we have GSR in every episode we will be spoiled and cry when something happens (like BP leaving. Which is going to make me cry anyway if it happens.)

Gillian Sara Grissom

do you really think she wanted to be with him so bad, she'd be happy with casual dating if it meant being with him? thats not the impression i got, especially after butterflied, she knew he wasnt gonna risk it all for a casual dating relationship where they'd see how things went, he wanted to be sure and he wanted to feel she was too i think, and taking into account what they both had to risk professionally to be together, i think she knew that too-plus, in season 6 finale, they wernt really at a dating kind of stage in their relationship, they obviously had really strong feelings for each other by the time they got together which way surpassed a crush stage, so i think they were serious straight off the bat.

Your actually going spoiler free? I think you're like the first person I heard actually say and do that. Go you.

haha, on your other one, Thats probably true, Someones bound to notice if he keeps pairing himself with her... and what do you mean read them?

Ad - I love the icon! She looks really pretty in that. ;)

I'm loving the "Eye Sex" one. I'm going to have to start obsessively posting so I can use an avatar
Adzix -you're icons are brilliant. i am in love with the eye sex one. i loved that scene. of course they went home and had sex after that. so very obvious. and the one you made for iheartnickcath is cute too. the ones on youre page are cute too. are they free for use if you credit?
well thank you bunches greenplastic and Sara_Grissom_Fan! y'all can use whichever of my icons you like of course, only credit me in your profiles :)
Ew. You would.
are you talking about a real chest here?
Spaghetti Westerns, dude - entirely shot by Italians.
*sigh* yeah and i've got to agree here, sadly. Young Guns is his only movie i DON"T wanna see.

Da Poll. totally no.3 - i'm not complaining. i wanted GSR - i've got it, and i love it. if they want to give me GSR in every episode, i'm more than fine with that! end of discussion.

ETA:
Ad - I love the icon! She looks really pretty in that.
aww.. thanks iheartnickcath. i fell so loved, lol.

I think that she meant that the Doc has to see them first in order for him to analyze and rationalized what he's going to say in the speech. So that means that they are probably going to be working together in another case.

Jasmine -- Ahh thanks for that, I didn't know what she meant. :)

aww.. thanks iheartnickcath. i fell so loved, lol.

Aww, You totally are!

Knowing Sarah? She probably means something else. :lol:

Da Poll. totally no.3 - i'm not complaining. i wanted GSR - i've got it, and i love it. if they want to give me GSR in every episode, i'm more than fine with that! end of discussion.

lol, I can see what you mean though. :) I would too.

gsrhappyending said:
I really love the *hard on* stuff!!; Can you imagine grissom so always in selfcontrol and a master in hiding his emotions and true feelings, isnt able to get up because of his physical *evidence* :devil: :devil:, HA HA!! He has finally become the victim of his own crime....hilarious. and by the way sara is looking at him, I can tell that that hasnt happened for the first time. :eek:

*giggle, snort* That is sooooo asking for a fanfic! :devil: I just know we're likely gonna get meter-smacked, but it's just so darn funny. BTW where's the original comment of that? I can't find it. Thanks.

YOU GUYS ARE NO FAIR!!

You post too many spoilers and i am going spoiler-free this season! I'm going to cry!

Oh we WILL break you.

In truth, really, I mean, what's the point in having spoilers now that GSR is canon? I think we were always waiting for the day when it would be "the" spoiler, but we have it. So... yeah. lol.

Now it's all just kind of speculation.

Though i do agree with the volume comment. If we have GSR in every episode we will be spoiled and cry when something happens (like BP leaving. Which is going to make me cry anyway if it happens.)

That's a good way of looking at it - less that we'll be suffocated, and more that when there is the eventual dryspot, it'll feel very absent when we've come to expect it every week.

do you really think she wanted to be with him so bad, she'd be happy with casual dating if it meant being with him?

I misspoke a little there. In Playing With Fire, Sara was willing to try out a relationship with him, knowing full well that it might not work, but she wanted to give it a shot.

Grissom, it seems, KNEW that he could be with her, knew that he could love her, but also knew that his feelings may have been deeper or more committed than hers'. I don't personally believe that, but I do think that Grissom was all or nothing, whereas Sara was able to step back and go, "It's something or nothing".

I don't think she would ever have been comfortable being A girl on the side or something.

I meant that in the speech he gives to Grissom, he's seen their interactions and he's read their body language with each other enough to know that they're together, but uncomfortable about spending too much time with one-another at crime scenes. And that's sort of proven in the burger scene - yes, he comes with her lunch, but it's obvious that he wanted to eat with her. He sees Warrick there, and leaves.

Yes. You know you would polish his bare chest.

*sigh* yeah and i've got to agree here, sadly. Young Guns is his only movie i DON"T wanna see.

It's wildly entertaining. It's one of those so-bad-it's-good movies. Plus? Picture, if you will, a standoff between Billy and Emilio Estevez. AND a woman announces that he's hotter than a stove or something. Billy, not Emilio and the Bowl Cut of Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back