Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Do it! It can be revenge for the terrifying Mrs Grodenko, too (although, that's possibly what you meant by 'bold TH' *cough*) DO IT. *weeps*

I think he was probably grasping at straws, trying to get it out to the media. He felt as stuck on that case as anyone. Plus he hasn't been particularly evil in the past year, so you never know. But I think that move may have shifted Sara back into his not-so-good books :p

Agreed. We love to hate evil Ecklie.

There's a Canadian Idol?! The mind boggles.

Reading that, word by word, I so expected the word following 'trained' to be 'monkeys'. *Cough*.. Aaanyway, I'd say it's more likely that:
    But then again, while the CSIs aren't exactly quick on the up-take, the lab rats have a different sense of things altogether, and maybe Greg as their holy geeky leader, is still privvy to insider stuff there.

Again, I think it may be a case of Greg having labrat info, and Sara being savvy to the ways of Gil Grissom :p

*whimper* ...*wails*

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Agreed. I kind of remembered thinking, "Sara! Shut up and just side with him! Don't be so obvious!"

But she kind of made the "I hate to do this..." face before she said it.

Either way - if Evil Ecklie comes back, I can forgive the weirdness of that scene.

Dude, there's probably a BORNEAN Idol.

True. Either way - my feeling is that if it's on the screen, it's canon - yes, even Lindsey's age. So... I'll go with the idea that Grissom was stupid to think that trained investigators wouldn't notice that their fearless leader was losing his hearing.

There was that look from Nick to Warrick in the Hunger Artist when Grissom doesn't hear them, and I think a couple others. Chances are they all put their notes together, and, like I said, Catherine was at that point the only one who didn't feel alienated by him.

It's because I hate you, TS. It's because I hate you.

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Thanks Sarah!

I agree with that, its fun to see how things play out anyways, either way. :)

I liked the communication between them in Sara's first ep back in season one... I really like them on the cover of TV Guide, that was a great look for Jorja.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Agreed - and really - plastic surgery? Digital enhancement? How about WONDERBRA? I mean, I love Jorja, but have we ever seen proof of her wearing a bra on the show? Believe me, those things really do make you look like you've gone up a couple of cup sizes.

Either way - I think this season is shaping up to be a lot of fun, but still staying dramatic, and most importantly - focusing on the CHARACTERS again in a way they haven't really done since Season 4.

This isn't to say I didn't like seasons 5 and 6 - they had some good cases, some great scenes, but it always felt like they were speeding through any character interactions.

It's nice to slow down and catch up with them.

5. CathStokes

I say either she's been taping them down on the show or she put on one of them bras that bumps them out there.

I think its good that their focusing on the characters a bit more this season, it'll be a good change.

I agree, they speed through alot, maybe now we can catch the air and watch it all unfold nicely.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

aww, thank you very much iheartnickcath! :D
    it just comes naturally, lol.
    LOL!
    that definitely fits to the theory. maybe they just thought that their hook up is considered as so unlikely to happen, that they kinda didn't care that much to put ambiguous comments here and there.
    i totally agree. people change, and i very much like Grissom's transformation. his personality is very original and rare, yet so human. i think he was more Billy in the pilot though.
    'aight! .. no wait, i think britfan, already asked me if she can use it, so i think she'll be scaring the twins in my behalf.
    there were like 4 editions of Polish Idol *cough*

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Slits wrists.

Dude, you KNOW it's true.

Mildly Uncomfortable

I... I can't get up.

True. And there were a lot of things in the pilot that didn't totally gel. That's why it's the pilot - I mean, in a day, Gary Dourdan's hair grew, like, three inches. lol.

Either way - I don't want *that* Grissom back. He came off as too... flirtatious, sort of... uber confident? I think what draws a lot of GSRs to this ship, and its evident from the fanfic, is the more vulnerable, defeated side of him - a side that, quite clearly, Sara was able to help fix.

8. CathStokes

Quit being mean to Sarah.

haha, Sarah I can really believe that you notice those type of things, lol.

I like a mixture of both, but I really think Sara's came along way too.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Notice which things - the hard-on, or Gary Dourdan's hair?

Cuz Gary cropped up like a chia pet between the pilot and the first episode. They must've been haggling over that for months. I think I heard Fox or NBC was originally going to do CSI and then dropped it.

Either way - fun Grissom? I mean, wasn't Season 1 Grissom, before about Gentle Gentle getting laid?

10. CathStokes

Both. :lol:

lol, they probably were. I didn't like his hair in pilot.

Fun Grissom -- I think that Sara brought out a bunch of sides that no one else could. Gentle Gentle getting laid? Do I even wanna know?

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

LOL. I just meant that his general disposition prior to about the timeline of Gentle Gentle was still pretty lighthearted. Already they were starting to try to re-paint him as a loner, as a distant person, and I think Gentle Gentle is when they just went for that full-tilt.

The first few episodes were just kind of him being eccentric and sort of subhumanly perfect - which wouldn't have made for a very interesting character long-term.

A good example is that look of adoration and the hero music that plays at the end of Unfriendly Skies. Yawn.

And I think that they also consciously made GSR seem less crush-y as well. Sara became less the fawning pupil and more the object of the lab nerds' affection after a while.

And thus, Jealous Grissom was born.

12. CathStokes

What was the one that he said about beauty? What that one it?

haha, why do you say Yawn? Didn't like that ep that much?

Aww, Sarah, I thought you liked the angst?

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

You mean which episode? It was Premium Non Nocere.

I just didn't like the scene - that's what the yawn was about. I got Grissom's point, but they made it too... "Let me show you the proper way to answer this question". When really, it was a question about personal thoughts.

Early Grissom came off too preachy and too "fun" for my taste.

I like that they showed that once he settled into being the boss, he felt a lot of his comfort with the group fading away.

I DO like the angst - thus, Jealous Grissom is always good.

14. CathStokes

ooh, I didn't remember what episode it was from. Jerm swears they were doing it at that point.

Which usually turns out yawnish.

I like the Grissom now compared to the Grissom then, Same with Sara.

He settled into the boss roll, then before.

Angst is good.

Did you make an icon of the cover of TV Guide?

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

haha, they SO went back home and had sex after that, lol.
    naaah, i love UnSk. great ep, Grissom's my hero. and he's such a sex on legs.
    to this i agree. and Nick was a total kid, Cath was such a single-overworked-mother (she's still but they don't emphasize this that much), and then there is Brass. he was such an asshole. there was no Doc yet, and Greg was a virgin, lol. so yeah, early eps, and specifically the PILOT seem like a different show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.