Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

Reappearances? I thought he was only going to be gone for two episodes? That's interesting though. I was thinking he would take like, a vacation. Go see his mother or something. But, no. Work.

by the way the Grand Tetons is a national park in Wyoming. Mountains and such.

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

To answer your question. The Grand Tetons are beautiful mountains in the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

Here's a link to a site that's about them.

Grand Tetons

3. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

Thank you, it looks really beautiful, but what does Catherine mean when she mentions it to Grissom then? :confused:

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

about the point ts made. i kinda see what you mean actually. although, i need to admit that if not WTG, if not this relationship got established, i'd be GLH right now.

before i've seen LHB (which i did only, what, half a year ago) i saw the chemistry between gris and sara, and shipped them (but didn't post on any boards). i didn't believe that TPTB will ever decide to pair them up for real, so when i saw that Gris slept with LH, it made more sense for me to ship it. it was just more likely that they'll get together again, than GSR to work.

but when GSR actually happened and seemed that they won't break up after one or two episodes (like with LH or Hank), i figured, that the whole fun can be to again ship Grissom and Sara together.

truth be told, i started watching CSI maniacally only year ago. therefore, in the beginning i wasn't an expert in all the plots, i haven't seen most of the eps, and i couldn't figure out who to pair Grissom with. now i know :D

my point is, that OK, i agree that y'all may feel like the ship is now more a public issue, but don't forget that many people could also see and like GSR earlier, but they just don't post on boards. also, that some of them, like myself, started or returned to seriously ship them after WTG, and i don't see nothing bad in it. and what's more, GSR has the most support now, than it had any time earlier.

so i think, that first, it's GREAT that they're together, that's what we wanted after all. i see that some of earlier angst is over, but i like the present "established" situation better. they're TOGETHER, yo!
    LOL Crys, no words, no doubt the whole dorm heard me cracking up.

5. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i totally agree. doesnt matter when you became interested in this ship, if you are, come in the thread and discuss. its not a competition. doesnt matter if others saw it first. i hadnt watched a single ep of csi till this year, if i had, id have been here a long time ago, i watched series 5 first (by accident-it was meant to be Miami copied), and the first thing i noticed was Grissom and Sara-and their chemistry, i didnt know about their past, or all the scenes before those, i just wanted them to be together, and on top of that, i loved the show and the characters, so i ordered other seasons. then i researched the show and i read online, at the end of the last season they were together. i was very happy, and i found my way here. doesnt make you any less of a shipper (i hope thats used in the right context) that you wernt there the seasons before or you wernt there from the beginning. you cant ship something you havent seen. thats not a bad thing. while i cant sit here and relate about the past of hoping, i can relate to enjoying their relationship and thats enough.

6. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Hi, Can anyone tell me how can I put my signature I have already the banners in photobucket I just don`t know where to put the url :s
    Another thing Yesterday I was watching the epi "Eleven Angry Jurors" and the man that was replacing Hodges that was in San Francisco told Nick that Grissom was only giving sara the promotion cause their history... what did he mean? which is the history known for him..and all the others that worked in the lab about them?

7. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Go to 'My Home' (there should be a link in the navigation bar near the top of your page) then scroll down to where it says 'Personal Preferences' and click 'Edit'. If you scroll through the page that comes up there, there should be a box that says 'Signature (up to 250 characters)' (or something) and in that, put the link to your photo between tags like this:

<image>http://www.photos.com/myphoto.jpg</image>

except make the < tags into [ tags. Make sense?

Hope you get it sorted :) And make sure the sig banner size fits the site requirements (maximum size of 220x75 pixels, I believe?) and isn't too big ;)

This part?
    The lab, like many workplaces (God knows mine is) is filled with people just dying for gossip and spreading rumours and things getting twisted through chinese-whisper esque communication. Everyone must have heard about Grissom calling Sara in specifically from San Francisco, and it would have sparked talk right from there. So when Nick and Sara both went for the same promotion and it was down to Grissom to make the call...Well, people assume things and hint under their breath and stuff gets spun. As we saw at the end of that episode, though, Grissom recommends Nick, and Dorsey is proven wrong. However, Butterflied is the episode directly following Eleven Angry Jurors, and if memory serves me right, that has something to do with Grissom and Sara's relationship. Some vague reference in there somewhere I think. Maybe one tiny scene. Who knows. ;)

Anyway, as far as my comments on the previous page go, I wasn't meaning to offend any of the new shippers, or make you feel like I don't want you here, or that you don't deserve to be here or anything. I was just voicing how I, and apparently numerous oldschool shippers feel about how the fandom has changed since May. I'm still happy to ship, and the more the merrier, but you newschool people have gotta realise the ship will always be different for us than it is to you. In saying that, though, it doesn't mean we all can't join hands and cumbiyah over the whole thing :p

8. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i read here, people thought he gave nick the promotion because he really thought he was the best person for the job, and that he looked so proud etc. i dont agree. i think he gave it to nick, because of his and saras 'relationship'.

the gossip that went round-i think it was the opposite, i think that worked against her. i think that given the choice of the two, nick, and sara-he went with the one he wasnt getting emotionally attached too, and the one he wasnt attracted to. i think sara is more capable, but thats just me, but regardless of that, his reasoning afterwards-he didnt care if he got it-it was pathetic. i dont know if he said that because he was trying not to hurt her feelings, because he could see she was really upset and pissed off about it (the way she snaps the tape measure back-boy she was angry), or because he really just couldnt bring himself to tell her the truth, or whatever. but that reason annoyed me, when catherine went in for that promotion-did you see how much she wanted it-she basically begged him-and he knew how bad she wanted it, and he'd already recommended her. he didnt count her wanting it so badly against catherine, but according to his reasoning, he did with sara. and thats not fair. i think especially after the Invisible Evidence ep, where she makes it clear-that whatever has happened or not happened-she makes it very personal-that probably pushes him to choose nick. because they DO have something between them, and i think not because of gossip necesserily, but i do think he uses that against her. plus, hes confused-hes battling against his own feelings for sara-the next ep is BF-and we have on record confimation he has feelings for her, has considered her in a romantic capacity etc etc. and then not long after that in bloodlines, we have grissom there for her, in a personal capacity, holding her hand, taking her home, acting as a friend, rather than her boss. i think since he has feelings for her, and it came down to either nick or her-he passed her up because of that. i didnt wanna get too close, he didnt want other people to think sara was getting it for any other reason than professional ones, i dont know-but i think he dealed with that whole thing really badly, and im not suprised sara was pissed. his explanation was lame, and she deserved more than that.

what do others think?

9. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

I became a GSR-shipper first time I ever saw them together. I don't know, but it was something that told me they had something special when I saw Grissom turning around to greet Sara when she first came to Las Vegas.

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okey, i just made a bunch of icons, also GSR kind from BTK2. so i thought, i'll share :p here they are:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and i wonder who's gonna figure out what i meant in the last one, lol.

[​IMG] <- and this one... sorry i just had to post it. it's specially for zigster.

11. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Am i allowed to take the did yjswitys one? Because if I am allowed, I'm gonna.

12. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Did you just say what I think you said, Ecklie?

;)

Great icons, Adz. And way to post one that's bound to traumatise the Vancouver twins. I thought only my icon could do that :( *pets The Tom*

I thought Grissom groovin' was cool, lol. Funnily OOC from his usual self, though - I'm surprised Al hasn't asked him about his recent upbeat nature. I swear the doc knows about the secret relationship.

ETA: Shipwrecked, don't change your Gumby icon! *hugs Gumby*

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Ship, of course you can! just credit me in your profile if that's ok :D
    we've got a WINNER! i thought it was harder, though.
    lol, thanks ts :D
    i think it was awesome too. i mean i was so cracking up at it, but i think it was incredibly great for grissom to do that. and i agree, Doc, has to suspect something.

14. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Way to hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what it is. I don't want to feel like I'm defending a ship I no longer enjoy, and I'm paranoid that it'll start to go downhill. But you're right, thus far it has been handled very well.

I would feel special, but it just hurts me, Adz. It cuts real deep. *wail* heh.

I never would have got 'YJSWITYS'. I got as far as "(Did)You Just Sleep With..." ha. I'm a tard.

15. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Im not going to lied i do kind of missed the old times when anything that i will see between Grissom and Sara i will be like "OMG OMG did he just touched her hand" and "OMG OMG are they flirting" and then i'll run to this site and make my own theory about what that particular scene meant to me. Now is different because is a CANON! And now evey single scene that they're in (an lately is been a lot) is like ya'll mentioned we going to think is that is going to be only about them and not about the case but thats because Jorja and Billy have been playing it so well that we just think is sooo cute and think that it was a shippiness GSR scene. But i aint complaining cause im a enjoying it while it lasts!! And because this may or may not be that last GSR scenes we have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.