Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
sarahvma said:

So there it is - women outside of work don't understand Work Grissom, Sara doesn't understand out-of-work Grissom. Or didn't understand, because I think that's what the Grey Hair comment was - Sara knew precisely what he was so uptight about for most of that episode, and instead of saying, "I like you in spite of it" she's basically saying, "I partly like you because of it"

I totally agree with this, which is the reason i have always believed they are the perfect match for each other.

Regarding Lady Heather's return i have to admit that i'm not multishipper so i can only say that in general i have always found unfair the writers given Grissom so many options, besides Sara, Terri Miller, Lady Heather and Sofia , while they didn't give Sara a real alternative to Grissom. I mean Hank has never been an alternative, cause at first sight you understood he was a jerk.
So i hope that if they decide Grissom will cheat on and/or will leave Sara, they will bring in David Duchovny and/or Julian Mcmahon as love interest for her. Lol.

jofod said:
Regarding Lady Heather's return i have to admit that i'm not multishipper ...
i hope that if they decide Grissom will cheat on and/or will leave Sara, they will bring in David Duchovny and/or Julian Mcmahon as love interest for her. Lol.
I'm not a multishipper either (well, at least not on the Grissom side) and I really don't want Gris to cheat on Sara. I don't think he will though. He may be emotionaly suppressed at times but he's not an unfeeling jerk and I believe any residual feelings he has for Lady H will be swept aside my his commitment and love for Sara. I don't think many people want Lady H's return to be a dramatic "triangle" kind of event (certainly most on this thread wouldn't). I just think that Sara needs to meet Lady H for some sort of closure on an aspect of Grissom's past that she is, at the least, partially aware of. As Sarahvma says, it's likely she's only heard dangerous rumours - meeting Lady H would, I think, put he mind at rest. Sure, there'll be a little jealousy - Lady H is a good-looking woman - but nothing that Sara cannot ignore (no more bitch-fights purlease!).
On the whole, I think it would be a positive experience for Sara.

I can appreciate Julian McMahon as a back-up for Sara though :D Of course, Joe Flanigan would be better.

i really like to see LH again, cause first: i like her!! :D she is soo different, so dominating, and that's a thing i admire, she is what i probably will never be. ;)
and second, it would be great to see her interact with Sara, talking about Grissom. :) No catfight, just talking about how strange and exotic Grissom actually is. ;) and ofcourse, LH will explain to sara why she LIKED him, and Sara will tell LH why she is IN LOVE with him, and why she totally needs him to stay by her side. :rolleyes: :) and if LH is willing, she could help sara out with her problems with grissom. :) maybe she will give sara some advice about how to handle grissom, and what turns him on.. :devil: ;) maybe after that episode, we will see sara in leather... that would be soo funny :lol:, and soooooo good for grissom :devil:

i don´t like that lady heather return :( i am pure gsr and i like gsr together 4ever and ever. always i see to heather a big rival for sara i think that for this never i don´t like heather...but could be good for the gsr because griss now really meet to sara.. :p and i hope that not break up ( crossing the fingers).

As much as I support GSR (with all my heart<3), I will admit that Grissom and LH could possibly have had 'something.' They are atracted to each other, and no one can deny that. They obviously care about each other, no one can deny that. But, I think that ultimatly Griss's heart lies with Sara. I mean, it's completly and utterly fine for someone to be in love, but also have attractions to other people. There is nothing wrong with that, and I strongly disagree with people when they say "Well, you think him and Lady Heather make a good couple. You're not for Grissom and Sara being together." If they bring LH back, she definatly needs to have a scene where she meets Sara. And then LH will ask her stuff about Grissom and she'll give her that look that says 'Wtf? Why do you wanna know all this?' And then LH will read that look, and respond oddly. And then Grissom walks in and starts to ask Sara something, then stops and thinks 'oh shit...' And then he's just like "Hi, Heather." and smiles.
What a good cover for himself. Haha.

On another note, I will be the happiest person on Earth in five days. Season 7 will be one of the best seasons ever, in my perspective. But when Fannysmackin premires, I'll be in tears from the start, waiting for poor little Greggy to get hurted. =[

Regarding Lady Heather's return i have to admit that i'm not multishipper so i can only say that in general i have always found unfair the writers given Grissom so many options, besides Sara, Terri Miller, Lady Heather and Sofia , while they didn't give Sara a real alternative to Grissom. I mean Hank has never been an alternative, cause at first sight you understood he was a jerk.

Agreed. Making Hank cheat on her, ultimately, was a bad idea. Especially considering that technically she was the cheat-ee, the "other woman". It felt like too easy a cop-out. It would've been more interesting if Hank had broken up with her because he thought she was cheating - too much time at the lab, and he could tell her mind wasn't always with him... aka. Mentally cheating because she was still infatuated with Grissom.

But Sara not being given enough alternatives? I think the problem was that Sara never really invited them the way Grissom did. Sara, as I've said before, wears her emotions out for everyone to see. Which means she would've had an impossible time pretending to like someone, or even really liking someone, if it wasn't that one person she was fixated on.

Grissom, on the other hand, can flirt. He can flirt and yes, he can date. And I think it's because a) he was actually attracted, no question about that but also b) he seems to think that if he ignores something, the problem will go away. When he became too attracted, too infatuated with Sara, he pretty much made her invisible at work, until that telltale exchange of "You see me every day". He tried to control her, and she went off and dated someone else, and then it's that first moment when she shows up for the case and he pulls her off her day off to work alone? He's pushed her away. So I think it's easier for him because he can live in denial.

But Sara had a flirtation with Nick, Greg and Superdave certainly had a crushes on her, and she almost courted with Greg as well (I mean, if she had, and it was all her choice, we couldn't really say any of this about Grissom's choices), and let's not forget that she flirted with Best Man Mikey while technically with Grissom.

So Sara does get hit on. I think the difference is that she isn't willing to lie to herself or do anything about it.

So i hope that if they decide Grissom will cheat on and/or will leave Sara, they will bring in David Duchovny and/or Julian Mcmahon as love interest for her. Lol.

lol. While those would be good options, I just can't see WP or JF ever saying, "Yeah, sure" to that storyline. I can see it being a Frasier-esque misunderstanding, only more dramatic, like her catching him in another moment like the final one with Lady Heather, or likewise

Sara comforting Greg at the hospital.

But to be frank, after 7 years, I'd be really surprised if they took that route.

I don't think many people want Lady H's return to be a dramatic "triangle" kind of event (certainly most on this thread wouldn't). I just think that Sara needs to meet Lady H for some sort of closure on an aspect of Grissom's past that she is, at the least, partially aware of. As Sarahvma says, it's likely she's only heard dangerous rumours - meeting Lady H would, I think, put he mind at rest. Sure, there'll be a little jealousy - Lady H is a good-looking woman - but nothing that Sara cannot ignore (no more bitch-fights purlease!).
On the whole, I think it would be a positive experience for Sara.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just one of those... like, if LH doesn't bait it a little bit. Most likely they'll write in that she immediately notices the connection between G+S, and starts to play around, perhaps.

Not because she's a bitch, but maybe just to rouse Sara's attention so she can confirm her theory.

But the most likely scenario I can see is Brass sort of forcibly removing Grissom from working any case related to Heather (maybe due to the fact that he was at the Sneller-beating, so if any lawyer catches wind of this, they can say that Grissom is biased), and Sara having to be the one to interrogate him, and sort of keeping her head down, asking short, declarative sentences, until LH addresses the elephant in the room.

I can see that scenario more because it would work into a case and it would be something that the audience is waiting to see.

And I think, jordan that you've pretty much expressed the multi-shipper mantra.

No, there's nothing wrong with his being attracted to other people and vice-versa. The question is what they do about that attraction that matters.

sarahvma said:Grissom, on the other hand, can flirt. He can flirt and yes, he can date.

haha, he certainly can!! ;) if you look at the womens he had in season one, i think that everybody likes grissom, escpecially the young grissom, so flirtatious and cute... :devil:
i was soo sorry for sara when she heard hank was cheating on her, i wanted to slap him in the face, and say: how could you hurt her?? freak!! :p
can you guys believe it?? just a few days till season seven.. that's soooo great!! :D here in holland, they won't air season seven till next year, i think.. that's not so cool, but well, i can wait... ;)

I chose I wouldn't stop watching the show, blah blah blah.. because if they're in a relationship now, if he cheated on her, I don't think she'd ever forget about it, and it would totally ruin the frail relationship they have now. Grissom cheating, though, I can't see it happening. But, if it ever did, I think he'd regret it. Sara would never, ever, ever, EVER forgive him for that. She's been chasing him since forever, and that would totally crush her. But if there was a reason, like, they were having a tough time, and Grissom needed a little bit of slack, and wanted something different.. Well, that's not a GOOD reason, but, you know, if that happened, I think it would be different, like, in a relationship where one person doesn't want sex any more, and they say it's okay, if you want to have sex, you can buy a hooker for the night, as long as there's not an actual relationship, no love, just sex. Something like that. :)

Do not ask how I know that. I just.. do. People, I'm not even thirteen! I don't have sex. Yet :devil:

There's something about this relationship, or just the ship, that keeps everyone watching to see what's going to happen next. For some reason, the age doesn't matter at all. It's love, not just infatuation. I think that's what G & LH where, not love, just.. amazment. Or infatuation. He was in awe of her, but I don't think an actual relationship like Sara & Grissom would work, between LH and Gris. It would be WAY too weird. :D

I picked misunderstanding, because I agree MiniC - I just can't see him actually cheating on her.

But then we get to the issue of... what's cheating? If he flirts, if he openly invites someone like, say, Sofia or LH - who Sara knows that he's had dates or sex with... if he invites them to flirt back, or spends a lot of time with them, or if it's clear he's still attracted, would that be cheating?

Probably not, but I think the line is blurry. If one of them kisses HIM, is that cheating?

And so I think it's most likely that another final of Pirates scene would happen, Sara would walk in, and assume more was going on.

That's the sort of scenario where you would go... Grissom should've known better, but at the same time, it was really more Sara's interpretation.

Having said that, if he ever did actually cheat... as unlikely as that seems, I probably couldn't keep shipping. Most likely because as MC put it, I can't see Sara continuing.

sarahvma said:
FIVE MORE DAYS! sorry. Had to.
Shut it! ;)

I voted the first option - I'd be overboard and swimming to shore. I think it would crush Sara to be cheated on again - especially by Grissom. It would break her heart and, even if he was sorry and begged for forgiveness, I think Sara has too much self-respect and pride to take him back. If it's over for Sara, it's over for me.

I would jump camp and join the Greg/Sara brigade because, in my mind, Greg has always been the back-up option that could win her over, make her happy and get over Gris (were she to want to get over him).

I definitely would not stop watching the show. I don't watch the show for GSR - it's just one element I enjoy. It would suck though. Totally suck :(

sarahvma said:
what's cheating? If he flirts, if he openly invites someone like, say, Sofia or LH - who Sara knows that he's had dates or sex with... if he invites them to flirt back, or spends a lot of time with them, or if it's clear he's still attracted, would that be cheating?
Probably not, but I think the line is blurry. If one of them kisses HIM, is that cheating?

Ah - the age old question of "what constitutes cheating". To my mind, nothing less that sexual activity with another person counts as cheating. Flirting - definitely not - its fun. So long as both parties know that there's nothing to it. Which would be the problem with Sara + Gris's current "secret relationship" because one of the flirting parties would not know that it meant nothing - dangerous...
Him getting kissed - also not cheating. Him kissing back - hmmm... forgivable cheating. But only if it happened once because if it formed a habit, it would indicate something else going on there.

Luckily, I don't believe Gris is the cheating kind. I think he cares too much for Sara and let's face it - he has a hard enough time knowing how to handle one relationship - can you imagine him trying to handle two woman at the same time. Nope - it'll never happen.

i put other because firstly i doubt grissom would ever cheat on sara but if he did i would keep shipping because they are ment to be together

I picked the first option. After six years of refusal,if Grissom cheated on Sara now he would be very cruel. Sara besides is too proud to forgive him. She deserves a man of her own. By the way today is Sara's birthday. Happy birthday Sara!

Guess what's happening in 5 days?

My birthday.

BWA HAHA!

Oh yeah, csi also airs. : )

When I ask my friends what's happening in 5 days, they say 'csi', and I yell at them, 'you forgot my birthday!'

hehe.

As for the poll, I don't want to think of Grissom cheating on Sara, if he did, I think I would cry. I wouldn't stop watching, cause I love seeing Sara emotional, Jorja plays it so well (eg.Nesting Dolls).

And csi_fan_uk, I agree with you, I don't think Gris is the cheating kind. I can't see him cheating on Sara, to think of it, I can't see him cheating on anyone. He's a loyal puppy. :p

I went to a grocery store with my Dad today. My Dad wondered why I wanted to come, but I don't think he would have understood 'GSR!!!!!' as an answer. :p So, the whole time I was at the grocery store that we went to, I was at the cashier, looking at magazines, looking for a certain TV guide. Well, I found the TV guide and didn't find the article in it...

Does anybody know when the article about Billy and Jorja answering the fans' questions is going to be out?

jofod said:
I picked the first option. After six years of refusal,if Grissom cheated on Sara now he would be very cruel. Sara besides is too proud to forgive him. She deserves a man of her own.
one more time i agree with you . they are two adult people and i don´t think that pass cheating,...for age, time, and they have 6 season for in one episode piss off. and i think that is bad for the show because to be two characters hurts and blue or i think so :rolleyes: although the reconciliation culd be very sweet :D more plants and butterflies :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back