Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

Re: Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Coo

I also do NOT understand why he picked out that shirt. Yes, WP picked it out. EWW! :mad:

2. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I didn't get into GSR until I saw 'The Accused is Entitled'. That was when it hit me: These people have something going on and I want it to happen some day.
    Just like sarahvma pointed out, the ship slips into you. I did visit some GSR fansites before that particular episode, but it kind of felt awkward to me. I never really gave it serious thought, but it kind of slipped into me naturally. It came to that point that I really felt for these characters and wanted them to be happy together.

The complexity of this ship is fantastic, it is something we have never seen before. Two socially unstable people having feelings for each other...it's fascinating to watch.

About the shirt...for the last time there is nothing wrong with it! It's hip! :cool:

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I think if Catherine knows about Grissom's hearing (having wished him well for his operation) and he was comfortable telling her about his father's death, then there's every probability that he would have shared such things with Sara by now, especially if - as many of you believe - they've been in a relationship for close to a year now, if not moreso.

No they won't know everything of course, but still.

And besides, it's not as if Grissom doesn't know much about Sara's family/history and her vulnerabilities there.

And with Grissom being as smitten/whipped as he's meant to be this season, I really wouldn't be surprised if he had told all

4. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

When i first heard the title it reminded me of the "thermite" scene,automatically thats what i thought didn't ya'll?...about Grissom's migraines i dont know i mean they havent really shown him popping pill for his migraines since season 1 "Strip Strangler" right? So for me is kind of odd. I think is going to have to do with something about his absence in the next episodes. That'll be my bet.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Or at the point in their relationship when she simply takes it off.

As for the migraines? If they're co-habitating, or at least spending the night at each others' place so often that they have clothes there, I think they've peeked in each others' medicine cabinet, so I'm willing to bet that Sara knows about his migraines.

6. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Welcome to all the newbies.

I don't know if I can necessarily see Sara immediately being let in on really personal aspects of Grissom's life, such as his mother and her disability. He is a very private man, and who knows how much they've actually shared, right? It probably would take him a while to open up. I'd like to see how Sara interacts with G's mom. That could be very interesting. So long as she doesn't insult her when her back is turned during a tennis game at the country club, it should be all good.

So I have roller shoes. I really think I'm probably cooler than anyone else on the planet. Even if I do keep falling on my ass.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On the shirt-he's a 53 yr. old man- and lives in Vegas- the character- and that's what they where here-maybe he think's it's cool ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. theatresporter

Very true. But as I say, if it's been like a year (that they've been in a relationship) I'd say chances are pretty damn high he's shared that kinda stuff, even if he hasn't gone in depth about it. I mean, when Christmas or a birthday rolled around or something over that year, family facts would've probably been shared. And they've already known each other, what, ten years as it is?

You've been watching too much DH :p I agree it'd be interesting to see how they interact, but I'm skeptical about the idea of the writers ever bringing in Mama G at all.

Video plz.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thanks desertwind ;) i'm planning to do all that :D

big welcome to the newbies! i hope you're gonna like it here. and don't be afraid! we're a nice bunch :D

About CSI getting soapy: i can't believe someone can seriously think that. didn't they prove us like a zillion times that they're not about to change CSI into "Bold and Beautiful"? besides, they often say that their work on CSI is very collective and it only benefits the show. i highly doubt they'll all, all of a sudden, take a 180 degress turn and decide to go Grey's. there is NO WAY they'll do that. and exactly as someone here just said, they proved it already in WTG. it wasn't soapy at all, it wasn't even sexy. it was in a CSI-sort of way. i think they're inventing a new kind of a bring-a-relationship-on-leaving-out-soapy-aspects-of-it way to make a show.

have we seen anything like it in any show before? i think The X Files would fit a bit, but they did it in such a very end that they didn't really risk anything and didn't have to built a long term storyline after the fact (correct me if i'm wrong in any of it, i was never addicted to TXF). what i'm trying to say, is that some people don't believe a relationship between main characters in a series can be taken in a non-soapy way. why? b/c it never happened before. i think this story has potential to become very special and one of a kind in it's non-soapyness and in the same time become one of the most popular ships on TV. just because it WON'T be soapy, and people will want to just see more, but they'll be given only a little. sometimes, it's about what to NOT give the viewer.

about Sara learning sign language and her meeting Grissom's mom. i don't really have an opinion on that. it all depends on how much did he open to her. and this depends on how long they're together, so we once more come back to a question "when it all started?". in real, i don't think she's learning sign language. i think if she wanted to talk to Grissom's mom, she would assume that deaf people can read lips and that's how she would communicate with her. or, like Grissom was mentioned to do in TAIE, he would be a translator. wouldn't that be freakin' sweet if Sara and Mrs Grissom were talking and he would be translating? awwwwww

10. theatresporter

I really think Sara cares about Grissom enough and is in it for the long-haul with him enough that she would go learn sign language in order to communicate with Mama G. For one, it's a massive sign of respect and commitment and I really think she'd love seeing that in her son's partner. Sure, Sara didn't really understand the whole deaf thing way back in Sounds of Silence, but I think she's humbled a lot since then, and would want to do that - not only for Grissom, but for herself (although, truth be told, if they weren't going to be together, I doubt she'd go out of her way to learn).

On a personal note in that regard, my sister is in a long term relationship with Taiwanese guy, and she's learning Mandarin in order to communicate with his non-english-speaking parents. Sure, he could definitely translate for her whenever they got together - no problem - but I just think learning so to have that line of communication is a good thing to do.

For another (re: Grissom/Sara/Mama G) though, there's every chance that Grissom's hearing could go again, and Sara could probably do to learn it for when they're growing old together, communicating then ;)

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

*sign language*

Gil, she's not using a full rotation on her elbow when she swings with her backhand. I give you no consent for marriage.

---

Somehow I doubt we'll ever meet Ma Grissom. And I only say that because... I think, somehow, that we've found out too much about her, and of course, there's too much to Grissom to be able to cast the kind of woman who would fit the bill believably.

12. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

You do have a point. I guess I'm just having trouble adjusting to this new in-a-relationship-and-happy Grissom, who shares his hopes and dreams with his beloved. It's weird not having any transition, just BANG! Relationship. I think that it'll be good when the new season starts again and we can get a feel for where they are, relationship-wise.

Noooo..... *guilty face* But I did just finish the s1 finale? And I SO called it. Sort of.

Go die. ;)

*laughs hysterically* good old Adz. Such a kidder.

I personally hate to bring xf up as an example of a relationship working well in a tv show, cause it so really didn't, after m+s got together. I really hope that CSI can carry on the way it always has, without bringing new sucky characters and totally messing up any existing storyline. I liked CSI before I liked GSR, and there's a reason for why I liked CSI in the first place. But we've hashed this thing over and over.

Sarah OBVIOUSLY didn't get the reference I made to tennis because if she DID, she would have KNOWN that it was the hearing person insulting the deaf woman out loud while her back was turned. But EVIDENTLY Sarah is just not cool like me.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

By the sound of it, they are trying to establish that in the first few episodes. Just having them working together, but also their conversations about their first meetings and so on. I think that because of how little time TPTB are probably going to allow for the relationship development in general, it's really just going to have to depend upon the actors creating that sense for us. And I think they definitely can. I mean, notice how no one said that it felt like Sara and Grissom were in the middle of a one night stand in that scene, and all they did was talk.

Sobs quietly in the corner.

lol.

What would Sara say about Ma Grissom anyway?

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

with this one i agree. but keep in mind that they don't have to cast her, the sign-conversation between her and Sara can be only mentioned or implied and it will still be canon.

yeah, i had a less pleasant sentence to follow, but i decided to erase it. i came into conclusion that there is nothing better than a good amount of sarcasm.

okey, i'm going back to college life. being a sophomore is hard. peace.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I just feel like... it's not that Grissom is so "super cool", but rather... does anyone feel like meeting his Mother will over-humanize him?

I could see us meeting Sara's mother or brother only because she seems to have pretty much laid everything out on the table, but to a certain degree Grissom's personality, or his draw as a character comes from the fact that he just seems to... be there, without really living.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.