Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Re: Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Coo

Haha, well I'm the gsr-shipping-lurker, and i just wanted to point out something about soapiness...

Okay, so from what i've heard, in the first two episodes, Catherine has a bunch of crap happening to her - three biggies I think. But wait, there's more! Then there's Warrick gambling, and Greg getting hurt or something.... That's not even the first 5 episodes (I dont know about the gambling though.) And they say gsr is soapy!?! Tell the anti-gsr to suck it! :devil: Did that make sense?

2. Redsoxfan90210

Redsoxfan90210 Victim

Hi everyone. Im new here. longtime lurker, huge GSR fan! :) Ive been reading back through a bunch of threads etc. and I have to ask....what is this "missing gumdrops sex scene"? And, what does YTDAW stand for? And who are Gabby and Missy or something...I forget the names... sorry...people keep talking about them in spoilers....It seems like they ahve connections to the show or soemthing? And, also, where do you all find the scripts for the episodes?

Sorry for all the questions....

~Emily

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

That's more what I mean - I don't understand how someone can look at that dynamic and then call GSR a soap. And the funny thing is, even Catherine's storylines, which represent the biggest chunk of personal storylines to date, don't really take over the show for long periods of time. I think what people forget in the haze of gossip is that while all of this is part of the show, it's only a teaspoon in the mix - it's not the batter itself.

eta

First of all - WELCOME!

lol

Secondly - at the beginning of last season, the writers said we would see a scene in an upcoming episode where Grissom knocked on Sara's hotel room door and asked to spend the night with her because Greg, his former roommate, snored.

That episode was going to be Gum Drops, but the plan was cancelled because WP's nephew died and he had to rush home to be there. So they gave the lead spot to George Eads instead.

YTDAW = Your Tax Dollars At Work. www.yourtaxdollarsatwork.org

Which is a GSR-based CSI fansite that regularly posts spoilers from scripts that Gibby and Mystery, the two spoiler mavens, receive.

4. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

hi, first gsr post for me... *panics slightly* i've always found them to be sweet together, even if my friend doesn't agree. (silly girl)

in the poll i went for the option for accepting what's canon... you can't fight canon (gods know i've tried...)

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Okay, so a big welcome to hitchhiker42 AND Redsoxfan90210 - it's always great to have new people aboard.

As far as your friend goes, I had friends who thought the whole storyline was boring, and then they got together and now they're being schoolgirls (well, they were at the time, so nevermind) about the whole thing. lol.

But meh - I think part of the problem with GSR for a lot of people is that on the surface it's a very stereotypical "melodrama" style relationship. Two people with communication problems, married to their work, with a huge age gap? It's too easy to slap a label on that and move on.

What I've always loved about GSR is that while it technically is all of those things, it's never really been confined by them either.

6. Redsoxfan90210

Redsoxfan90210 Victim

thanks sarahhvma! Just a quick fact:

When I first started watching CSI, I wasn't a GSR fan....I didn't really care either way, and I was too busy swooning over George Eads and wondering why he didn't get with Sara, beacuse he's so damn hot to notice GSR. I really only rooted for Catherine and Warrick at first...and I still do, btw :) It COMPLETELY grew on me, and now Im at the point where Im reading fan fiction, and pairing them with anyone else seems completely strange and unrealistic.

Funny what these two do to ya ;)

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think GSR is one of those things that kind of sneaks up on you. Because neither character is all that romanticized in the show, I don't think most people start watching and immediately go, "Those two would look great together".

But rather, after a while you kind of go, "Those two belong together".

It's an eventuality that obviously the writers finally addressed, and hopefully we can look forward to a relationship that was as well-written and acted as the build-up.

8. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

[​IMG]

Welcome to all the new people!

That would be Gibby and mystery, our spoiler queens from YTDaW.

I liked GSR right off the bat, 'cause the first episode I saw was Unfriendly Skies, and heck, who could resist the cute teasiness of the 'Cite your source' scene? But do believe that it's definitely a relationship that has grown to be something much more beautiful than that over the years.

And I don't believe for a second they're going to make GSR soapy. Even if TPTB have frontal lobotomies and are replaced by Days of Our Lives/Young & The Restless writers, at least we know Billy and Jorja have got our backs.

Now excuse me while I go collapse into a mountain of sleep deprived rubble.

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

We have newbies! Hello newbies! Welcome to our lovely thread! I'm AL, or 'lyssa, depending on who you are. Or, you can just call me, "Alyssa."

I often wonder if we are going to get any indications that Sara is leaning sign language. We know, of a few years ago, that Grissom's mother is alive. She was mentioned in "The Accused is Entitled," ironically, the ep we found out some invisible person apparently observed Sara touching Grissom's cheek in "Scooba Doobie Do," but, anyways...

I think it would be cool, even just to see her signing something small to him, maybe a sign language sign of endearment his mom taught her, or something, because, I think that would be a huge indication of how close the two have become.

When Sara first found out Grissom knew sign language, it was because she was being incredibly headstrong, playing the, "Them versus Us" game. Grissom, thanks to his experience with his mother, didn't see it that way. I think it would be great, not just as a testament to how much Sara has grown as a human being, but also how much Grissom's trust of her has grown, to see her learning some sign language, or performing some.

What do you guys think?

10. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

The first ep I saw was Last Laugh and there is no GSR so, with that in mind, I'd agree. However, the first season 1 ep I saw was the second episode and just the way Gris smiles when he first hears Sara's voice was enough to make my shipping senses a tingle. Then the tape scene in the third ep...

I do agree that after a while though, it's not just the fact that they look cute together - it is a fact that they're just made for one another!

11. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Or BIRTHDAY STEALING SLU...uh...lovely person. Ahem. ;)

I've suggested that a few times over the years, and I think it's very plausible and would be awesome to see. In fact, just the other day I was fangirling over at YTDaW when we were discussing

Grissom's migraines referenced in 7x06 'Burnout' (and any meds he might be taking for them)
    And I wrote:

(in walks Sara)
    SARA: Honey, I just went home to water the plant* and I picked up [omitted possible spoiler]. Oh and also, the new video-calling system is working out great. Your mom called, she says to say--
    (Sara signs 'Hello')

*BoP ;)

Let's hope it happens :p

12. csi_fan_uk

That would be cool :D

The whole Sara learning sign is a nice idea.

It could also be a possible source of revelation for the other team-members. For example, at a group meeting with Ecklie, Sara could sign something to Grissom but sign a term of endearment with it also. Greg, whose Great Papa/Nana/Uncle/Aunt/Cousin-twice-removed Olaf was probably deaf, can see this and think "wtf... hmmm...". Maybe. Probably not in the real CSI - probably just in my personal version...

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think I could see Sara taking it up... if she knew about it. However, what are the chances that Grissom would really want to make himself vulnerable by sharing something he tried so hard to hide? Eventually I think he'd have to tell her, but to be frank, if I had to guess, they're not yet at the part of the relationship where they know everything.

14. csi_fan_uk

I would agree with you there sarahvma. They don't even appeared to have reached the stage in their relationship where Sara would feel comfortable saying "where did you buy that shirt... and why!?" :devil:

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I total agtree- it was done so properly and so romantic-- laves one wanting more- maybe in S/7 a kiss :p .but soap opera- NAH- that scene lasted for like a minute!!!!!and after 6 years we deserved it, and they did too-- :p

[​IMG]

And welcome hitchhiker and RedSoxfan have fun- glad your here :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.