Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

No More Bets was on tonight. Can someone refresh my memory as to the discussion about Nick getting nominated for the job vs Sara? What did Gris mean about "he doesn't care if he gets the job or not"? I do recall someone saying he should have been more tactful and said that Nick had better qualifications or something but I'm fuzzy on what all was said before.

Thanks.

2. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I don't think I've ever watched all of No More Bets to completely comment on that Mel, but yeah I remember that part too, I dunno really. Maybe because he wants to hold Sara back? {shrugs} Dunno.

^^Who'll caution it, Sarah?

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Mel, i think we will never know what was on his mind then. i guess he thought Nick deserved the promotion better than Sara. or maybe he didn't want everybody to gossip that Sara got the promotion only b/c of "their history". it's one of those storylines, which we don't really know how to interpret and don't know the actuall purpose of it. mainly b/c in fact no one really got this promotion.
    oh, ginascar, LOVE those pics!!!!!!!! *sprints to make a banner out of them*
    beautifulview, i guess they are promo pics ;)

4. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I love No More Bets. And I agree with Adzix on the part why Grissom said it.

5. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

heeeeeeeey guys, loooove the new thread name!!! :D :D i think it won't be for long, the secret dating thing, cause they will find out in season seven, that's my guess ;)

6. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Hey everyone, I adore the new thread name.

I agree greggoooo fan I don't think it will be that long before the team find out. Maybe it'll be like a chain reaction, starting with Catherine, then Nick, Warrick, Greg, then Ecklie. Therefore causing an explantion. A couple of snippets from how and when they got together. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

7. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Of course, Catherine will find out first. And the rest will find out soon, lol.

I hope they'll get married or something, but I think both Grissom and Sara don't like marriages.

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

just watched good ol' Strip Strangler. and (sorry for mentioning other ship in here), Grissom and Catherine had good chemistry in the end scene :p so i was thinking, is Cath going to be a little jealous? i mean is she going to make just a tiny jelauos comment? not that big of a deal as after GD, regaring to Warrick, but something really minor. well i always felt that their interactions are very in a bro-sis kind of way, never anything beyond. but after SS, and that look that she gave him when he said "i admire that", i saw the same chemistry there was between her and Warrick in Big Middle.

sorry if i'm babbling some weird things, i'm watching too much CSI.

9. MissMurder

I agree. They did share a look that suggested some chemistry. But now, I think they do feel for each other like brother and sister.

Maybe it meant that before Eddie, Catherine may have felt for him a little, so she might make a slight jealous comment toward Sara in season 7. I also thought that in 'Cool Change' when Grissom announced Sara was coming to Vegas and said 'she's a friend of mine' then by the way Catherine reacted to Sara when they met, she might have been a little jealous then. As well as she didn't want someone 'snooping around'

End of my rant.

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, i think in the beggining writers didn't know IF they're gonna pair up anyone. i guess in the first episodes there was more Snickers too. or maybe TPTB were just testing the waters and making everybody flirt with everybody to see what people will like the most. i guess they liked GSR, so TPTB went that way, finally making it happen in S6.

11. MissMurder

Yeah I agree b/c Sara did flirt a bit back then until she set her sights on the boss. Grissom was a bit flirty too, with Lady H an all in 'Lady Heather's box' who really knows what happened between those 2 then. But clearly it wasn't enough to stop him from gaining Sara by his side in the s6 and future seasons. The S6 finale a clear sign that anything can happen if you're Grissom and Sara.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, if you watch a few episodes prior to this scattered out between all the seasons, you get the sense that he is 100% talking about Nick and not Sara.

There's the famous "Silk silk silk" you're not ready scene, where he tells Nick that if he falls for a children's game then he can't be a capable CSI. Then Nick admits that the only reason he wanted to be a CSI, other than carrying a gun, was to impress Grissom, and Grissom says that that's even further reason for why Nick can't advance.

He basically says the same thing to Sara, though - you want this to show other people that you're good, not just because you did a good job and you're being rewarded, but really it was because Nick went back and said, "Yes, I admire Grissom, but he was wrong on this case and I'm going to figure it out" and he did, and Grissom felt that that merited the promotion.

In the end, with Sara, Grissom just proved he was bad at explaining himself.

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

sarah that was a killer interpretation ;) :D

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Yeah, I had to mention this in another thread last night, so I'll mention it here too. There's now a thread here in Shipper Central where everyone can discuss the merits of and their thoughts on other ships. So lets keep the discussion of other ships there and keep this thread all about the GSR love.

There's a fine line we tread between discussing the validity of other ships and relevant discussion that pertains to our own ship. For example, saying I'm glad X is with Y because I can't really see them with Z is the sort of thing that belongs in the Ship Debate Thread. An example of what other ship discussion IS valid in this thread lies below:

RE: Cath's reaction. I think there may be a bitter-sweetness for her when she finds out about Grissom & Sara's relationship. Here are two people who are as socially awkward as they come, who've danced around each other for years and are now in a functioning relationship. And just in the past year, Catherine has had to come to terms with the fact that Warrick is married, and her fantasy of the two of them perhaps may now never happen (I say MAY, because never say never - who knows what will happen in the future...) But perhaps, seeing Grissom & Sara together and happy might sting for her, because she will have in the back of her mind what could have been with Warrick, had things been different...

However, i think she will be happy for them. She encouraged Grissom to make things right with Sara as far back as season 2. She and Sara may not always see eye to eye on everything, but I think that has more to do with them both being such strong women than any sort of dislike between them. So I think she'll be happy that Sara is happy and happy that Grissom is happy. She might offer some unsolicited words of advice or of caution (especially as far as Ecklie finding out is concerned), but I think her main position will be one of support.

15. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

i was reading the CSI books (yess, i soooo love Max Allan Collins, the one who wrote them :D) and i noticed a few signs of GSR in them! :D :D i was like: Yeeezz, it's even in the books!! ;) he calls her hardworking, a good looking girl, he makes jokes to her which he would never make in real CSI.. :devil: i was lying on the couch this afternoon, reading one of the books, and my mom came in, and she was like: 'Why are you laughing that much?? is it so funny??' i looked up at her, and said: 'no mom, it's not THAT funny, it's totally romantic!!' and i kinda made a *DUHH* sign to her. :rolleyes: she sat next to me and asked me to show it to her.. so i showed her the book, and we read the GSR lines together, and guess what: in a half minute, she was laughing so loud, that my XBox-addicted brother even came looking what was so funny.. ;) ;) and that's an example of what GSR can do to a person.. :rolleyes: :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.