Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I, like many others apparently, have gone with option 3. I think there was too much familiarity with them in the first few episodes for nothing to have happened, but not enough for a full-out affair. There was still awkwardness that didn't seem to be of the "I've seen you naked and now I'm uncomfortable kind"

Perhaps partly because of the gaping black hole of continuity, or because they realized that they wanted GSR to be rock solid this season, the doctor's speech from the opening episode we were all worried about has, in Gibby's words "not survived intact" in the rewrites. Judging by her positive attitude on GSR in general, i'd say that this means we pretty much won't have to sit through the doctor telling Grissom he's doing Sara because she was there.

2. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Hey, there will be NO hating on The Tom in this thread. There, there, Tom *pets moustache* You'll be okay...

Re: The poll? I chose Option #2. While I like to think the case is #1, I'd be willing to believe things went as far as #2. I really don't think anything physical happened between them whatsoever. I think things would have been MUCH more awkward between them after then if it had, considering the nature of them and how their relationship has been portrayed over the past 6 years.

As for the "move" reference in #2, I think the idea (possibly raised by Sarah?) that Sara maybe suggested he might like to stay in San Fran is a possibility, and well fitting with the "offered you a new life" line from Butterflied.

So I'd buy that. Even with nothing physical having happened between them back then, I'd buy it.

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

*Backs away slowly from Theatre*

I think the beauty and the curse of this ship is that until they tell us, we'll never know. I mean, they've never flat-out explained anything about the two of them. And it seems every time we're given a backstory, it raises more questions than answers.

So I have no doubt that if they give us something, it'll be even more teasing. Sort of like "Yeah, we have a storyline, but you don't know it yet".

Just winks and hints.

4. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

well tomtom. i personally enjoyed your banter at the emmys ;)

i like the poll question. i haven't seen it in over 9 min, but, last time i checked, nobody chose "full blown relationship." and ts, you said sarah raised the question that sara might have asked griss to stay? i do see your theory sarah. and i mean this in the "curious" way, but did you mean that... 1. she asked him to stay for her (sara) or 2. she heard he was leaving, and asked him to stay for his job?

i'm just curious :)

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I don't see her flat-out saying to him "Stay and we'll be together", but maybe even her asking him to stay on as a professor, or him being offered that job, or being offered a place at San Francisco.

Either way, I think there should be some further reasoning behind the "offered a life" line. Like I said, her just being there or asking him to dinner, in my mind, doesn't quite qualify.

6. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

For the poll went for the third option. I think that they flirted and kissed. I believed that when they were student/teacher they had crushes on each other. Then they started flirting and talking more and more and eventually they ended up kissing. After that maybe they thought about it and decided that it was bad idea... he can lose his job and she can get expelled.

Wow im am impressed, happy and a bit shock of all this positive spoilers im reading about GSR! I seriously didnt think that GSR wasnt even going to be mentioned at all until later on, on the season. Now ROCK SOLID sounds good but what exactly does it mean?? :rolleyes:

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I agree. I was really quite surprised to see that, after ALL of the outpouring of negative feedback, and the amount of attention this has received, that TPTB are going for a more "they're together and happy and comfortable" theme than "What will happen? Will they break up? Will he leave her?". While that may work on some shows, I think this one just doesn't have enough time to devote to that kind of story arc. And frankly, I wouldn't want it to. But at the same time, I'm glad that the doctor's speech has been severely cut back. The implication, even from a guy who sounds like a real ass, that Grissom is doing this out of selfish needs is really a poor one considering how long it took for this to happen. The one thing I did like about it was that it was, at least, showing the audience how someone who wasn't all that aquainted with the relationship and didn't know its complexities, would react.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I voted "NOTHING" because and I've stated this before- she came down, to Vegas, hoping for something more than she got up there-and yada-yada yada--- and, haven't we beaten this topic to death? :( can't we move on to something new- what does it matter what happened 8 yrs ago or so- like asking your friend "so did you and Bob get together in SF" who cares now-- their together--sorry- :(but I'm tired of this San Francisco thingy- I don't care---I'm more interested in when they finally got their s---together in the last 6 seasons

[​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I think you are right, because no matter what we think, I bet the writers will come up with something completely different and we all will sit in front of the tv and say; what???? :eek: I ve never thought of this ?! ( They will come up with something noone of us has ever dreamed of) So the whole guessing game will only keep us on the wrong track. its far more interesting, what will be going on in s7?! For me its just not enough to know that they are together, I want to SEE them being together on screen!!!!

10. jordan

jordan Rookie

In the book Cold Burn, where Grissom and Sara go it's snowing. That's all I got so far...ahh I hope they cuddle ^__^

As for the poll, I think everyone could probably guess what I said. "They probably kissed, or there was a make-out session after some drinks, but not some full-out affair, and whether or not the writers want to say otherwise, that's what I believe" Based on what I've seen these past six years, that is what I have concluded. Unless something during the show says otherwise, I'm sticking by it. I feel like I sound alot like Griss in saything this, except I'm replacing words with other words, but I'll say it anyway: If the show doesn't say so, I have no reason to believe otherwise.
    That's kinda like him saying something about believing evidence and what it says.
    I have no life, you'll have to excuse me for relating stuff that goes on in my mind to CSI...
    Omg, I'm thinking like Grissom now??? Oh snap...hey, is this possible to be part of WPHS??? Thinking like a character that WP plays?? If not, I think I have some other sort of disease.

OMG, poor Sara, missing the Emmys. They were prety sweet. Dick Clark was there. It was sad. My parents told me I was terrible cuz I kinda didn't care that it was Dick Clark, but they were interupting my reading time. I was too busy reading the 24 magazine to recall what happened to Dick Clark. But when they announced WP and Dennis, I jumped five feet out of my chair and tossed my magazine. Hahaha.

11. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

i read cold burn.Pretty cool GSR book!
    i saw WP at the emmys and i think he mooks a lot like in season1.Maybe it's because grissom feels younger now he's dating Sara...
    Or maybe i'm crazy and that's got nothing to do with GSR!
    maybe,WP just got bored of his beard!

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Okay, well... Gibby put up a thread that she called "Happy Anniversary", which I originally thought pertained to the site, but it was meant to kind of say 'When did our geeks get together? I dunno, probably about a year ago!'. However, when someone asked if we would ever know for sure, Gibby dropped a cryptic hint, saying that a timeline may be important for upcoming episodes. Does Ecklie find out? Does the team find out? Do Grissom and Sara do some kind of sappy anniversary thing? I have no idea, but at the very least, while we may not like what they decide, it is nice to know that the topics of San Francisco and the timeline are actually being discussed and possibly even written into the scripts.

13. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I shall buy that book! And then read it over and over and over and over and over! : )

*becomes all zombie-like* Must get book! Must get book!

I don't really care if it's a bit badly written, I just need something GSR to get my through the summer. Well, until September 21st, which is my BIRTHDAY! *happy dance*

The book will probably only get me through... two hours of the summer.. but then I'll read it again!

lol.

lol. I know. Missing the Emmys is tragic. I was watching eTalk and hoping I'd see Billy, but they didn't show him in the bit that I watched so I stormed up to my room. Then when my Mom came to my room and asked me what was wrong, I said, "*points to wall where Billy Petersen picture is* BILLY WASN'T ON THE EMMY COVERAGE... thing..." My Mom just closed my door and left me alone to weep.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think that if you're looking for GSR, your better bet is to go with fanfic.

Because from what I've heard, while the book has small moments of GSR here and there, it's not really a blazing siren of canon.

And it's very badly written. lol.

In truth, the Emmy's were really, really dull. Stephen Colbert, John Stuart, Conan O'Brian and a guy who had a list of all the people he did not want to thank were the only highlights.

Billy's thing was fine, but it was more like "Hey - that's how he looks without the beard for more than half a second on a CSI promo".

And I don't believe anyone else from CSI was there.

I do hope, with the new excitement of writing for the canonized ship, and the fun that that will probably add for the actors, that this season gets executed better than the last season did. Because it always felt like there were these great ideas that just lost it in the editing room.

And I think part of that was because there wasn't anything really happening with the characters. Yes, Warrick got married and Nick was dealing with Grave Danger aftermath, but there didn't seem to be anything pivitol that happened with either of those.

I do, however, think that Grissom having his first personal story since the hearing loss, will generate a lot more screentime for that kind of thing.

Not in the flat-out "I am dating Sara and we shall sneak around and be mysterious about it", but more in his reactions to things, little looks or touches with her or any of the rest of the cast.

It's a new angle to show him from, and it's a new direction for the show, both of which I'm really pleased with, and both of which I hope don't get wasted.

And according to Gibby who, like Mystery, had been very disappointed with a lot of what happened last season, said that she feels like they're really taking their time with the GSR storyline and not squandering it. Considering that she's bringing up San Francisco and timelines, I'd say that's good news.

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

good to hear it from you. i'll keep my fingers crossed ;)
    H.E.C.K. N.O.
    you better, lol.
    :lol: well, i cought myself once or twice on doing the same thing with hands, as he does when he walks. and i've never done anything like it before. it's getting scary, lol. oh, and i pouted couple of times too! again, never used to do it before. WPHS for sure. new stage, like 9th, i'd say.

as for the poll, i went for the second option, which i think i fully explained in previous posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.