Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, I haven't sent anything to the box, but I've always nodded VERY supportively when Ziggy talks about it and her boyfriend fumbles to re-arrange his computer.

VERY supportively.

VERY.

Anyway. lol.

Okay... new topic?

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

twice no. 2. i think i posted a very similar poll some time ago, and i haven't changed my mind since then. i think gris did it in his own sheepish "ummm errr" way. and HE initiated everything this time. IMO, no way sara did it. BUT i still see the third option accidental/mutual very possible. some pin me down scene ending with a kiss or something. yeah, that could've happened, but gris had to think about making a move earlier, and an unplanned PMD situation gave him opportunity. so i think even if it was accidental, in the end he initiated the final move.

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Ah, Sarah, you and your polls. Some things never change :p

I seem to be going against the pack here when I pick the first option for question one!

Gris' may be a bit slow on the uptake, but I honestly feel that, after everything, once he realised what it was he wanted, and what (and who) had been there for him the whole time, he wouldn't want to risk that through something fumbling and small like a dinner invite or whatever. Something she could blow off by thinking "No, I'm not falling into this trap with him again". The two of them have been back and forth through this angsty/flirty/there-for-eachother-ness for too long, and she's already warned him about being too late one day.

I'm not saying he would have hired skywriters or had his spiders spin love hearts in their webs (...he could do that...*cough*) but Grissom sees how wonderful Sara is, how eligible she is as far as the general "market" goes (lol) and how he probably thinks she deserves much better than simple ol' him (not that I think he's simple, but, y'know). I really think he would know to offer up something concrete - while this sorta stuff is scary, you might as well go all the way while you're at it, y'know?

Excuse the ramble - I hope you got the general idea. It's been a while since I've done this theorising/philosophising...I'm a little rusty. I'll find my feet soon enough.

As for question two (who SHOULD have intiated), well, do I really have to answer that?

SARA OF COURSE!

...Kidding, kidding. Now shut up, stop mocking, and give us your own damn answers :p

4. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

indeed sarah , you and your polls, guess you will always be posting them.. ;) i answered for the first: number two, cause i don't believe that grissom was dramatic or something.. i mean, sara almost got killed in the end of season five, but why didn't he dive in the bed with her immediately after that? :confused: :p for the second, i choose number two also. sara did so many things already to get his attention, it was just grissom's turn to do something.. :) i was really sorry for Sara when he turned her down in season three, with the 'going out' thing.. she WANTED him, and he just couldn't see it.. :( i was feeling sorry for Grissom too ofcourse, because he was going deaf :(, but i'm still wondering; why didn't he go out with sara, to forget everything for a while, you know, to escape from the real world for one evening?? :confused: guess that's just not Grissom-like.. :p

5. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Hi, everyone.

Sarah, your poll has taken the words out of my mouth! I have just uploaded my very own attempt at fan fiction - GSR of course! - onto fanfiction.net which discusses the very idea that they stumbled into their relationship!! I am so proud! Neither could have done the asking out formally. Geek shy! But one thing gradually led to another... and hey presto - a bouncing double bed in the Gutter! :D

Please go and read my story. I worked proper hard writing it, then messed up the uploading so it's all in one big chapter. Never mind. I'm a teacher. We can't do ICT. It's the law. It's called 'Their Little Secrets' and it's by CSIBritfan. Can you believe there is another britfan out there?! How very dare they! Hence, the name change on that site.

It's about Grissom's birthday and certain fantasies he may have. Sorry Adzix and other pervs, geek sex is implied rather than expressed and it's all very low key... just like them! It's all quite innocent! ;) Please review too. Make me feel like a published writer or I'll go off in some queeny strop and huff! :p

Has anyone heard how desertwind is getting on chasing them round the MGM? :lol:

Will log back on later, when our transatlantic friends are up. It's 11.38 am in England so it's the middle of the night over there isn't it. SHHH! Sorry to disturb! :)

6. jordan

jordan Rookie

For the first answer, I said "Sara, but in a very "now or never" sense with him where he understands this is the last time she's going to try" and I shall explain why in a moment.
    For the second one, I'm pretty much un-decided but I said mutual/accidental.

The reason I picked what I picked for the first one is because basically of what I believe. I think that even though Sara pretty much decided to give up the whole thing with Grissom eventually (judging by her not-so-often flip-outs on Grissom), she didn't really want to. She decided to wait for him, but didn't want to wait. It's kinda like one of those things you really mean to do, but really can't do. But yeah, so I pretty much figure that she was like "okay, I've waited around long enough, it's now or never." blah blah blah, you get the idea. I think it was her that needed to take the stand and say it, because Grissom just wouldn't for fear of his job, reputation, etc. And then at that they made the decision.
    Yeah, so that's what I think.

Also, I think that this probably happened prior to Brass being shot. Cuz from what I hear, it takes a while to develop a drawer in someone else's home. :p
    "You've gotta be there enough to the point where you're just like 'Eh, I'm gunna leave this here. I'll wear it sooner or later.' And to fill an entire drawer takes time." - my friend Cait aka the girl who met a majority of the CSI cast who i'm very jealous of.

7. roxy

roxy Prime Suspect

wow I haven't posted for ages! Well months actually..I'm too lazy to write something :D Summer went past so quickly...I finally turned 16 yesterday. Still young comparing to most of you though :D It's weird to think that I became a CSI fan and registered on this board only a year ago. I'm not sure when I became a GSR fan. I think that I became interested in their relationship when I saw an icon of the "Bloodlines" end scene.
    About the TPTB gift project-I would like to send this thing but it would take me some time to finish it and I'm not sure how long it will take until it gets to USA. Weeks? Or maybe even months? I have no idea. Maybe I should just scan the thing or send a picture of it?
    Oh and do you guys still visit the chatroom? Cause it's always empty when I go there ;)
    About the poll-I didn't answer the first question because I didn't scroll up enough and only saw the second one. Stupid me :D Well I have no idea who initiated it anyway but I think it should have been Grissom because Sara had been waiting so long.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Okay, okay - that was a hack poll cuz Adzix and I have both posted something similar.

We just needed a talking point for a little bit. But here's poll #28491284592784592 of mine which will be at the start of this page so we have the option of the running commentary the whole time.

9. jordan

jordan Rookie

My vote was definatly for "Nesting Dolls/Bloodlines - give her a hug, damnit! ... And then what happens happens." Simply because there are too many moments when Sara needs hugs and Grissom is right there. I always scream "HUG HER STUPID! NOW IS YOUR CHANCE, TAKE IT!" and then when he doesn't I'm like "UGH, YOU STUPID! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE AND YOU WASTED IT! RAWRRRRRR AND YOU WONDER WHY SHE NEVER EVEN TRIES ANYMORE!!" and then I totally flip out at Allison who was just listening on the phone.
    Shush, I know I'm pretty much psycho. :p

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I picked Committed - I disagreed with just how far the script wanted to take things (Adam has a rape fantasy about Sara and he cuts her neck). And in truth, I didn't want to see Grissom completely freaking out for a couple of reasons:

1) He knows better than that from the many many hostage situations he's probably heard of in the business
    2) I liked the idea that he's so paralyzed because for once, Grissom doesn't have the solution or the answer and she'll die because of it. And their eye contact was really really powerful.

BUT Grissom could've looked a little more anxious rather than just plain stunned and the scene where he goes to hold her could've been kept in, even if she does brush him aside.

That, and I wanted to see what their conversation was during the break. Maybe he did finally reach for her... who knows?

The problem is that had they left some of these things in, then it would probably be the episode I would call 100% the moment at which Grissom finally just goes for it.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i beg a pardon? (lol)

wowkey. nu poll! my oh my sarah, you surpassed yourself! about my answer, as much as i would like to change WTG, on the other hand i wouldn't have so much to look forward to this season. ND/Bloodlines, Scuba, BoF, SL&L sure i would like to, yeah, but it would be too early. i still would definitely like LH to get to know Sara ... esp. in POTTR (ohhhhhh...maaaan, that would make SUCH great TV!). but we didn't know G/S were together back then, and since we know now, and LH is likely to come back maybe next season i DEFINITELY would like to see the two of them interacting and talking about Gris. you know, LH letting her know she can see what's going on between them and giving her a hint on what sometime ago was between them. i would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love to see that! :D

so as my final answer i marked Committed. every time i watch this episode i'm so frustrated at Grissom, that i'm almost screaming "hug her you fool! say something, let her know you care little more than you usualy show!". besides, it's one of the last episodes of season 5, so it would fit the theory of gris already thinking about her more lately, and then later taking a step sometime in S6.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

There is one moment in Committed that may never be fully explained from Grissom's POV:

I was just discussing it at YTDAW, but here it is: it's a minor scene far before any of the real action goes down when Greg comes in with a pillow and mock-smothers Sara.

There's this really dark look that crosses Grissom's face, and while I have some theories, I wouldn't mind hearing some of the ones here.

13. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

^ I dont know if you are talking about the look he gives Sara and Greg right before Greg pretends he's smoothering Sara with the pillow but whenever i watch that episode on my dvd i always rewind it because i like looking at that jealousy kind of look he made...becasue it wasnt just a glance at Greg he look at Sara then at Greg then at Sara and back at Greg.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah, that's the one.

Well, when I was discussing it at YTDAW, I was going through some first initial reactions after the episode aired and I don't think it was jealousy.

At least, I don't think it was, "Hey, no fair!"

When Grissom finds out about Hank, he looks jealous and betrayed... and sad.

When Grissom says "Greggo" snidely after the announcement of Greg and Sara's almost-date, that speaks of jealousy, to me.

This felt darker, somehow.

Almost like it was more about posession and protection. Like "Who gave you permission to touch her or threaten her like that?"

Also, this wasn't long after hearing about her mother and all the things she'd witnessed - it could've been him going, "She has had enough violence, it shouldn't be done in play at work."

But I don't know - I can't fully analyze it.

15. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I picked "Letting Sara interact with Lady Heather once, in any of the three" because I'd just adore to have seen that. But maybe we'll have our chance in season 7.

Other than that, I really don't think I would have changed anything. I mean, it all worked out in the end, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.