Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I am amazed that so many think GSR was going since season 1!
    Follow the evidence! :confused: No way. You don't ask out someone like sara did if you are already on more personnel terms, consumated or not, nor does it make sense Butterflied.
    I think the "and she gave it to someone else" was refering to the *actually* victum in this case - the whole tantalising part of that speech is that it starts off being about G & S then it moves onto what happened to the Doctor... the kind of thing that Grissom feared could happen. Not the murder, but the young girl going off with a younger man, leaving Grissom/the Doctor devastated. :( :(

There are no real changes in Sara's manner until S5 Nesting Dolls or Committed - in committed the look they give each other when she is held captive is entirely ambigious as to if they are already together or showing their true feeling under stress. Deliberately done like that. And EXCELLANTLY! :D

Also this all leaves out the interviews comments that WP/JF and Carol M in Chicargo Tribune gave where they talk about an "showing a mature, adult relationship". I hope they stick to that and don't go all teenage with cliches plots.

I'm 40 and and been happily together/married for 10yrs :D- and it just isn't like when you are a teenager! If you do really love someone - it's not that you don't see their faults or they yours, it's that you DO see the faults - but you love them anyway. :D :D :D
    Hormonal love (ie the first 6 months! fun :devil: but rose tinted) you tend to see the other person as soooo perfect.

It is clear that the GSR relationship is beyond this point - otherwise they would not be so relaxed about each other. Like WP said "like an old married couple talking in their bedroom after a day at work"

That is my tuppence worth anyway!!!

GSR is sooo great I just cannot wait for next Season.
    Also someone on Fanfic has being doing a ace line of "we know what is going on but the CSI's don't" in " Geek Love " - I think thay is how they are goint to tantalise us next season. Be great. You are always going to be on the edge of your seat thinking they are going to be busted! :eek:

2. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I really think Bite Me ought to be discounted, because I think we all know that was in there when the original Gum Drops scene was in the works. THEN I would have been happy to believe they had been together since...I dunno, GD or something.

Oh God, I've been away so long I've forgotten which moment the DLG one is...*cries*...I haven't forgotten any of the moments themselves, though, and I still don't feel any of them are indicative of or fitting into a relationship.

Gray Hair for instance (which, knowing my luck, is actually the DLG moment) - the line itself, sure - it would work. But Grissom's reaction to it? Nuh uh. Same goes with Mouth-to-Mouth and Sara's reaction to that. The list goes on. And as I say, it comes down to the fact/flaw this relationship which they revealed in WTG, obviously meaning to have been going on a long time, hadn't been planned far enough in advance. And I honestly don't think the solid planning (ie. the writers actually deciding they were going to reveal it then) started until they were writing TOYD - even if it had been intended to start before then in CSIworld.

Fudging is bad, people, and those with a canon ship shouldn't need to do it.

Then, at the same time, I really don't mean to be a negative nelly, so I'm sorry.

3. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I think you have a lot of good points there theatresporter I think quite right in the writers think of it late! But the speculation is ACE FUN! :devil: :devil:

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

But hon, it can't be discounted because it aired and therefore it's Canon. It happened, so we can gloss over it and say "nah, it didn't mean anything because the episode that was supposed to have aired afterwards got changed"

We've already debated this on MSN, but I still don't buy them getting together during or immediately after ToYD. For one thing, the heat between the two of them at the end of ToYD was too confident and direct to be happening pre-relationship. There was no embarrassment, no "am I too late"-ness, no uncertainty whatsoever. It was the look between two people who've already seen each other naked.

Secondly, the comfort level between them in WTG was too high for them to be in a new relationship - and if they got together in ToYD, they would have been very much in 'new relationship' territory.

But it wasn't. It was comfortable. It was familiar. It was an established relationship. Of at least a few months, I'd wager.

Now their interaction in "Bite Me"? That, I think, is the sort of new relationship interaction I'd imagine between the two of them... JMHO.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well i think all those GSR moments in 6th season before TOYD were purposefully ambiguous. the eye sex was the most obvious, but they couldn't make all of the moments through the whole season that way b/c the finale wouldn't be so surprising AND it would be also too obvious about when they started seeing each other. i mean, a year is enough for them to behave so comfortably as they did in the finale, so we would well know the timeline - right after grave danger or anytime else we would notice a change in their behavior (to be more TYOD-ish than Biteme-ish). the main thing is - we don't know the timeline, b/c there weren't enough clues to unequivocally say "it happened then and then".

i think we can assume this was all planned in a big advance. GSR was supposed to be revealed in gum drops, which didn't happen cuz WP was unavailable, but TPTB knew they had to come back to this issue. and they decided to play a little more with us, giving some ambiguous comments like "grey hair" or "mouth to mouth". i think all the things done with GSR since gum drops were planned in advance, and surely not only since TOYD. TPTB decided to make GSR happen in the beggining of the season, it was just an accident it didn't go that way, but they didn't forget about it. that's why i think the GSR moments before TOYD in S6 were a part of the big revealing-GSR-plan.

6. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Alright, discounted? Maybe not. But fudged in there with the others to make a theory work? I'm still not comfortable with that. We shouldn't have to make anything work - it should be there (that is, hints a relationship is in existence, should be there) clear as day. And it's not for me - not in these pre-TOYD moments. They still feel like the interactions of two people chasing each other.

To me, it felt more like a "Finally, we've got it together". I really feel as if something big happened between their meeting with Caprice and that final scene. Because when they were with Caprice, it was then you could see the embarrassment or whatever. And it wasn't because he could see the relationship they were trying to hide from the outside world, it was 'cause of the feelings they had been trying to hide from each other. Sara's look re: the secret longings line, it was a "Shit, Grissom doesn't see it, does he?"

I've agreed with you here, hence my standing down slightly from my "it was definitely only post-TOYD" standpoint. As I say, it's difficult because there wasn't enough planning put into it behind the scenes.

Very true.

And all of this^ is obviously JMHO also :)

7. angeldreams

angeldreams Witness

Ik, something else...

Finally got around to see the the last two eps of Season 6 and I'm especially glad I saw the last one or I would have missed the corset smile.

The whole ep was good and I'm glad Brass will be ok. Gil looked really relived in the end at that too.

8. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I think for me that "Bite Me" scene it wasn't a question of weather or not they were together (for me at this point they were dating already) but...(not trying to be a perv :rolleyes:)... it was Are they doing it already?? And then the scarfs that she will wear later on in the episodes confirmed it...or so i will like to think that :rolleyes:

9. csibabe

csibabe Prime Suspect

congrats to you! yes the corset smile was G.R.E.A.T. brass's code blue made me cry (just like nicky in a box in s5, hope i'm not getting off topic). ohmygod me and my bff mariel were talkin to each other on the phone during the last epi (there was a lot of silence with a few snarky comments) and we were SCREAMING at the top of our lungs during the bedroom scene for like 5 minutes after it ended.

10. angeldreams

angeldreams Witness

Forgive me for asking this but even though I'm GSR all the way I can still see chemistry between Griss and Sofia. Anyone else??

I know a lot like Griss and Cath togheter but to me they seem like platonic best friends.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

*mumbles silently* yeah, you know i can still see a lot of chemistry between Gris and LH for example. Sofia ... yeah, i can see it there as well when i rewatch some older eps. but i guess this is not the best place to talk about those ships ;) *COUGH* umm, so where were we? oh, what corset smile are you guys talking about? :confused:

12. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

mm, since you are all so excited about the corset scene, i'm going to have a look at it.. :p i didn't even seen it, since they didn't aired the final of season six in holland... :( :p

13. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

jesus ive missed a lot!!!

you guys im going to have to read everything!!
    and what corset smile would this be??
    *slaps self for being a bad fan!*

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I disagree only because of the fact that they are now clearly if not living together, then at least cozy enough so it's not just shady rendez-vous, but a real relationship/

Also, his reaction said more, to me, that he was embarassed she'd said it in public. If they weren't together or at least in the beginnings of dating, I can't see her having the balls to say that in front of someone else.

And again - part of the reason she says it is because the whole episode is about age, and by that time Grissom has been essentially told he's a dinosaur by Greg, and that kind of thing would be picked up more easily by someone who knows him better and is close to him.

And then... had cookies? Yes. Cookies.

But yeah - unfortunately there was just too much familiarity. Even the Caprice scene can be interpreted as "Oh God, someone who doesn't even know us picked up on it". Caprice was technically wrong, but the fact that they liked each other still stood as something he figured out.

I agree, Adzix - they had to keep a lot of it just... neutral. But what I keep coming back to is that every time we got any GSR scene, the reaction was, "I know they aren't together, but..."

Even the mouth to mouth scene just felt too flirtatious for Grissom at that point.

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

about TOYD, when it aired i wasn't as much into GSR, but even i noticed that it was different and definitelly meant something more than just "sara, i feel we need to talk", "i'm decided at last" or "our first date yesterday makes me fantasize". no,no. sara's slight smile said "i actually KNOW what you feel grissom", which IMO she couldn't have said anytime before being with him a little longer than one or couple of episodes. yeah, i know. my sentences are too complex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.