Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csibabe

csibabe Prime Suspect

hi. new here. also new to gsr, but veeeeeeeeeeeeeery into it. i used to be full on snicker *gasp* but i switched sides *yay*.

2. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

There is no shame in being a Snickers first.
    It was my first initial ship when I first started watching, but I switched over very soon. GSR has been the ultimate for me ever since, though there's a Sandle fan in me as well.

I would never settle with Griss and Sara having a relationship since the very first season. I mean, it's not even possible. She asked him out. He said no. How would that fit into a relationship. That's must have been a lot of ups and downs...

3. Jenjac

Jenjac Dead on Arrival

Well I like to think it was the second option of 'My Sara' but I'm not convinced they were together then.

As for the poll, I voted for the first one. I wouldn't want them to have been together in San Francisco because then it would seem as though it's an unhealthy relationship. If they had split up once, then it's easier to split up again. I want them to live in the land of fairy tales and live happily ever after. Well they can be a bit of drama but as long as they stay together.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HMMMMM-this is a toughie-I tend to like the San Francisco idea- but than again maybe they didn't consumate their "feelings" till "Nesting Dolls"" when he was so overcome and compassionate with her- ;)and after the hand holding it went to the next level-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

I would be most disappointed with the explanation that it was just a dream. <kill die strike cleave>
    My definition of drama for this couple is "I can't decide whether or not to invite Greg over for 'coffee' or not."
    Grissom: I don't know, Sara...
    Sara: Oh, come on. It would be fun.
    Grissom: But... it's leather cuffs...
    Sara: Exactly.

6. csibabe

csibabe Prime Suspect

oh my god i looooooooooove those books! and i totally agree with you, they just make me giggle (it happens a lot in school) and this one time me and my friend were reading gsr fanfic ("The Seduction of Sara Sidle", google it) together and we were just laughing uncontrolably for like an hour (it's kinda long). ok, i'm done ranting.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I have to say that "Since Time of Your Death" would be pretty disappointing as well - just because there were SO many hints that something was going on before that.

As for the dream sequence, judging by the gung-ho attitude of TPTB, I don't see them slipping out of it that way. lol.

8. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I'm gonna disagree and say anything but 'Since Time of Your Death' would be disappointing - as far as your list goes, anyway. Any earlier is too early, making the finale reveal of their togetherness, a cop-out. 'S why the original reveal, when it was going to be 'Since Grave Danger' (one assumes) was going to be quite early in S6, in Gum Drops (only 6x05). Any later than that, and...well, they wouldn't have shown us enough for it to be a satisfying 'beginning'. Though, as to what enough is - CBS ain't exactly HBO ;)

As-is: Starting in TOYD with fantasies, realities, and of course the eye-sex; and being revealed to us in WTG with the bedroom scene and (in recent retrospect) the cutest duel in the whole wide world (he demanded satisfaction, and I sure-as-heck got it)... it works for me :)

As far as there being hints before then? Well, sure there were. And sure there was something going on. There's been "something going on" between the geeklovers for years. But I do not believe it was formally addressed in terms of actually getting together, until 6x22. Pre-that, I'm pretty confident in my belief it was just angst and flirtation.

[Edit:] Okay, so I talked it out with Fogs (re: their being too comfortable in the finale for it to have only started as soon as TOYD)? Deviating a bit from my firm stance there, but still not swinging into any definite "It was since X episode/moment" camp.

Problems with my buying these arguments arising from the show's fictional nature and most of the writers' inabilities to plan that far ahead, lol. I'm struggling with making these moments properly mesh into relationship-status moments as outlined in previous timelines (GB's, MD's and Sarah's etc) and I'm uncomfortable with the fudging of 'em to make it look like they fit. In taking Grissom's advice, I don't like to confuse fanstasy with reality :p

But heck, either way, it's canon now ;)

Good to see you again, guys.

9. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Ecklie's poll: I went with #2 -don't get me wrong, I'd love to see #5 happen, but it just doesn't look like Ecklie. He'll do something. He won't leave it at that. He's mean :devil:

As for this last poll, I picked #1. Already intimate way back in SF, but fought a lot??! Nah. I don't think so.
    There's always been something going on between them -tension, chemistry, whatever you wanna call it, no doubt about that -remember, Grissom's "I don't even have to turn around. Sara Sidle". Enough said. You could tell just from that line and the look on their faces :D

But
    Agreed :cool: Wouldn't make any sense AT ALL :rolleyes:

The finale made it clear that they started seeing each other waayyy back.
    So many hints that we had been given in the previous episodes -that didn't make much sense at the time *yet another GSR moment*, do make sense now.
    And it's SOOOOO COOL :cool:

Take the ABRTI Sofia/Grissom/Sara scene('love triangle' :D) -and that look Sara and Griss exchanged in the end. So obvious they were already together at that time :rolleyes: You'd have to be blind not to see that.

And TOYD's eye-sex scene. Pffff. Soooo together. Griss' look didn't mean "You. Me. Table. Now." but "Wanna do it again?" :lol:

And it was a conniving look -only people who are together can look at each other that way :rolleyes: It was the look of love :D

10. angeldreams

angeldreams Witness

Taking my Q to another thread...

11. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I agree, I also voted TOYD for the 'dissapointment poll'.
    (the first choice was too obvious ;)).
    Them getting together after that episode, totally ruins the idea of the secret relationship for me. It would mean that we could stop looking up scenes from season six, thinking: 'this is an obvious wink to their relationship', etc. It kind of takes away the magic.
    Besides, looking back to TOYD, it is so much cooler to watch it, knowing that they look at each other like that because they made a fantasy come true...no one knows, except for them.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

First order of business:

YAY THEATRESPORTER HAS SEEN THE FINALE! *PARADE*

Second order of business - there have just been too many weird little scenes this season for them to not have been together.

Bite Me perhaps being the most overt, but even the scenes in Daddy's Little Girl hinted.

13. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

*joins in Sarah's parade* yay!

Anyway..

I thought that it would be disappointing if they had been dating since SF because then they cheated on each other! And that is disappointing!

But I also agree that if they had started dating since ToYD, it would be kinda... i don't know what the right word is... I just wouldn't like it.. lol :p

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

And, of course, the key line from Butterflied implies that he never did it before then. And I don't mean sex necessarily, but the speech says "she offered me a chance to be with her, I didn't take it"

Whether he means back in San Francisco or specifically in Playing With Fire when she asked him out, I'm not sure.

However, in the part of the speech where he says "and then she gave it to someone else" there is hurt in his eyes, and he's been speaking for both of them this whole time - so I kind of felt that that might have been referring to Hank momentarily.

The look on his face in The Accused is Entitled wasn't surprise so much as it was an odd kind of betrayal.

15. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Absolutely. I loooove doing that now that we know that they're together. It's so much fun!

Helps me deal with CSI withdrawal syndrome. Great way to spend the summer ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.