Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

I expected Grissom and Catherine to get together when I first started watching CSI reruns - I didn't have a particular interest in that ship, but I'd been previously conditioned by a really good romance between Mike Fennel and Ann Hildebrant on the Canadian drama E.N.G, which was very much how GCR would have gone if TPTB had decided in favor of that storyline.

But then I watched "Primum Non Nocere," and that, as they say, was that. :)

2. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

i totally agree along with gary sinise and johnny depp!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Cheers, orgasmicbilly. Science eh? Geek! and you love it! :D

I wasn't into either characater when I first started watching CSI either. I was a Nicky girl...woof woof! But then I saw the light. It's the unique chemistry of the actors who create charater relationships and dynamics that draws an audience in. Other actors could have done it with the right casting but William Petersen and Jorja Fox have created something fab that has drawn in all of us, or we wouldn't be using this would we?!

I'd never heard of them before CSI but I watch out for them now. I don't think anyone else could have pulled this relationship off as well as they have. Full credit to them.

PS - are you guys all students? You seem to have taken a lot of exams! Is it cool to be talking with a teacher?! :eek: :devil:

4. orgasmicbilly

i love being a geek!!!
    and yes it is cool to be talking to a teacher!!

but im not a student i live in england so ive just left school after doing my gcse's so im cool!!!

and i totally agree no other actors could have pulled it off!!
    all hail gsr!!!

5. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

*giggles* *prances around happily* I'm a big monster! I'm a big monster! la la la la la la! *big scary monster face* rooooaaar, fear me and my Jorja Fox loving ways!

Also, I'm not a teacher but I play one on TV! No, that's not true. My mother and stepfather are teachers, however. I'm getting my second degree (theoretical physics major) at the moment.

UGH, how totally OT. *lashes self* Fogi's going to kill us all. I loves my Fogi. *throws self at Fogi's feet*

Okay, so another intelligent, intellectual topic.. hmmm...

I'm so no good at this. OH! Okay, here's one. There's a new article on beloved gsr.com about Grissom's absence (due to Billy's play). It's not very spoilery at all, it just deals with his hiatus and gives little info we don't already know, but I'm gonna spoilerbox it just in case :D

EXCLUSIVE - Think Gil Grissom (William Petersen) can't get enough of the seamy criminal evidence he sifts through each week on CSI? Well, everyone has a breaking point. CSI executive producer CM tells TV Guide the CBS series is planning a story line that'll "push Grissom to an emotional place "requiring" a sabbatical of sorts". The truth is, Grissom's hiatus is dictated by real-life circumstances. In the fall, Petersen will head to Providence to star in the Trinity Repertory Company's stage production of Connor McPherson's "A Dublin Carol". (Petersen mentored Curt Columbus, Trinity Rep's artistic director, during his theater days.) "He will be gone for a few episodes", Mendelsohn says. "We're writing it into the show". This comes just a CSI goes toe-to-toe with TV's hottest drama, Greay's Anatomy, on Thursday nights. Producers will try to minimize the impact by casting a big-name guest star to fill in for the Grissom-free episodes airing in January. But the CSI star will be back in time to battle Vegas crime- and Grey's- for February sweeps ~ Stephen Battaglio

Discuss! What do you think his reason for this hiatus will be? What effect do you think it will have on the GSR relationship?

PS: to my beloved fellow Flying Monkey Sarah, message me when you wake up so we can play our day. If you wanna come over, cool. If you want to go hang out in a grocery store freezer to beat this god damned heat, also cool. Literally.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

this as ziggy said is not actualy a spoiler so i'm gonna join this discussion.
    some time ago desertwind posted an article where Mr. Shankar mentiones that Billy will be absent for two episodes some time in winter, b/c of that play. so it's not much really. i hope his plans won't change and it will stay as Shankar said - only two eps.

7. ziggystarduzt

Okay, Adz, if you of the unspoiled don't feel it's a spoiler I think we can un-spoiler box it :D

Basically, Billy's gonna be gone for two episodes and they're saying that Grissom is taking a "hiatus" and it's being written into the show.

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i really thought it will be much more than two. i'm happy, it won't be more than in S5 or 6. i'm gonna survive it somehow though without him it's extremely hard for me to watch an ep, b/c i'm waiting for him all the time :lol: but if they'll TELL us why he's not there, i'll be good, cause in Grissom-less eps from previous seasons they didn't say a thing (with exception of Gum Drops of course) and it irritated me :p

9. orgasmicbilly

i recon he will get suspended for having an affair with sara
    and so we will be grissomless but we will get to concentrate on the sara side of things
    i wish billy all the best with his play and hope cbs bring in mac taylor to fill his gap!!!

10. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

i don't want Gris to be gone for a few episodes: How can the show win the battle against Grey's Anatomy, if Billy isn't there?? :confused: That sucks.. :( well, i'm really curious about the guest star now.. they have to come up with a really famous and great person if they want to fill up Grissom's place: You just can't replace Gris! :rolleyes: ;)
    About the effect it will have, i think that Sara stays loyal to him, if he's around or not, she keeps hanging on to him! ;)

I've been busy today with making another artwork, so here it is! ( desertwind , i also placed it in the Fanart-thread, like you adviced ;))
    GSR-holidays

hope you'll like it! :p

11. orgasmicbilly

very nice
    the beach is sooo romantic!!

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*nods* Gris is irreplacable. I'm also glad it's only two eps and hope it stays that way.

13. orgasmicbilly

yes!!!
    IF GRISSOM IS GONE LONGER THAN 2 EPISODES!!!!!
    *snaps pencil in 2*

14. ziggystarduzt

Hey guys, let's not get too chatty in here, hey? I posted the article to try and spur some discussion.. we'll get in trouble if we just post a bunch of one-liners :D Try to post your ideas a little bit more in detail about what you think the reason will be for Grissom to leave.. and how you think it will affect his relationship with Sara.

15. orgasmicbilly

sorry boss

i dont think it will effect sara as much as people think cuz she already has waited for him for 6 years so a couple of episodes isnt going to make much difference

grissom on the other hand will be devistated cuz he has only just opened his heart for sara so it will be tough on him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.