Greg & Riley #1- Grey: 'Cause He Thinks She's Lucky

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by GregNickRyanFan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Welcome, Axelsonfire! I think we're still discussing possible ship names, so the ideas are greatly appreciated ;)

So, how soon do you guys think Riley and Greg would get together? (And I don't mean officially canon together.)

I know I've already mentioned what a flirt Greg has been in the past. How do you guys think that would affect their relationship?

As for the level thing, does anybody know whether it is in fact against the rules for two CSIs in non-supervisory positions to be together?

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I do not think there should be any problems with other CSIs as long as they are not in supervisory positions, in getting together.

I just hope we get to see the continued flirting between them.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm leaning more and more toward Hair Pullers. :lol:

I think Greg and Riley would be friends for a while before making it a romance. Maybe they would be friends or know each other for a total of a year (from her first day) before actually getting together. Six months as the least. :)

By the way, I wrote a Greg/Riley ficlet (based on Miscarriage of Justice) while I was out of town. I actually wrote the outline down right after that episode aired and just got to writing the actual fic this weekend. :lol: I'm going to try to post it tomorrow.

4. happyharper13

Ooh, I hope you post the fic! I can't wait to read it! The world needs more Greg/Riley fics ;(

I'm also starting to lean toward Hair Pullers. I have really spent wayy too much time contemplating ship names for them, but the other ones I'm come up with are Raiders, Ready, Rad and Random... I think. It really does suck that so many characters have similar names/initials. Too many of the possible ship names sound like GSR, which is tough because their initials are GS and RA. I've always wondered at how all of the characters had such similar initials (and why so many of their names sound so anglo-saxon). It's kind of weird how half of the characters' names end with an 'S'. I really need to stop thinking about this :shifty:

Anywho, I definitely agree about them taking a while to get together. I'd say at least a year.

Who do you guys see making the first move? I can see Greg being the more cautious one in this case, despite how he definitely seemed inclined toward being very assertive with his crush on Sara. I think that, after seeing all of the problems between Griss and Sara, he'd be more reluctant to pursue a relationship with a coworker, at least not after a decent amount of time.

And, btw, I love your signature banner, GNRFan!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I can see Riley being the one to make the move, since she seems rather assertive overall. I can see Greg being more cautious for the reasons you mentioned, happyharper13. He was burned by Sara making him less likely to pursue another co-worker like he did her. But then again Riley is a different personality than Sara. Overall I still can see her just randomly asking him out for dinner or something and it becomes a date.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Here's the fic: A Shoulder To Cry On. It's very short. I changed the title. It was originally titled "Tears Of Pain", but I decided that didn't suit it. :lol:

Thanks. :) I wasn't really sure what I was going to put on the banner text wise, but when I started making it, that song (the Enterprise theme) popped into my head, so I just went with it. :lol:

I can see Riley casually asking Greg if he wants to join her for a movie at the movie theater. But, there would be something in the movie that would move them. By the end of the night, they'd be more drawn together and would end up ending the night with a kiss. :)

7. happyharper13

^I can see that happening, though I still think they'd go for a more involved, competitive activity. Though that could just be my bias against movies. As a rule, I only use movies for dates when I promised to go out with a guy but I don't really feel like actually talking to him. In general, I don't think movies make for very interesting dates just because you have to be quiet for extended periods of time and there are often too many people in the theatre to really do anything. I think Greg and Riley have enough chemistry that they can find something that involves more talking, or at least more general action -- like paintball, laser tag, a skating rink, or just dinner or something. I think paintball would especially be fun after the drill in No Way Out. I think Greg would want revenge of some sort. Riley saved his butt, but I think he'd want to show that he could kick some butt at paintball too.

Ooh, I have two new Greg/Riley oneshots up on FFnet. I'm still deciding whether to go with more UST or actual relationship stuff for them. More than anything, I love their flirtation.

8. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I think they would have fun skating, but I also agree about the paint ball and how he would like to redeem himself. I can see her ribbing him about saving his butt. She seems like that kind of girl who would joke about that, and I can definitely see him trying to defend himself vehemently. Oh, I wish they would put that in an episode. Hmph. I may have to satisfy myself with one-shots. It's Spring Break and I have a schedule for DJ/S, so maybe I can make that one of my projects, haha.

I think there would be at least a year before they pursue a relationship, or at least I hope that would be a good amount of time.

Ooh, you know what would be good? A Morgan/Garcia like relationship with pet names and flirting. That is what I want. That would be fun and awesome, just a year or so of flirting. That is what I like best about them so far.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I only meant go to a movie if they're only going as friends. Only they'd discover they should be more ... then next time do something more fun like ... well, maybe they could go to the local fair or a theme park (is there one in Vegas? where did Grissom go to ride all of those coaster? lol). I could see them laser tagging, paintballing, roller skating, go-carting... but I really see them on bumper cars or bumper boats for some reason. I don't really know why. :lol:

I agree about the Morgan/Garcia thing... only it would be more than playful flirting with Greg/Riley eventually. :)

10. happyharper13

^I don't really watch Criminal Minds, but I definitely think Greg and Riley have the makings to have a lot of cute flirtation. As for the aforementioned flirting and pet names, I think you could argue that they almost kinda already do have it. Calling each other by each other's names (man that sounds awkward) sort of qualifies, and I'd definitely like to see that continued on the show. It would make for some cute continuity and general team fun, as well as would show off the developing friendship (and maybe more) between the two.

11. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Yes, I agree that it would be cute if they continued to call each other by each other's names, and it would also provide continuity and team fun.

They do have great flirting. I hope we see a ton of that in episodes to come.

Also, I can imagine them on the bumper cars also. The two of them seem like very fun people who would have very much fun together.

12. happyharper13

^Totally! I think the question is who would win at bumper cars? I have a feeling that Riley has more of an affinity for sports than Greg does. Poor Greggo, and his athleticism-deprived childhood ;( I can totally imagine them taking it out on the track, even if there are a bunch of little kids in all of the other bumper cars. Then they'd end up getting rammed into by little kids because they were too busy paying attention to each other. ... Or at least a girl can dream... It's times like these I almost almost wish that CSI was a slightly fluffier show.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Teehee, I agree that Riley would probably be the more sports-minded one of the two. I can't help but think back to that scene in that one ep where Sara and Greg were inspecting the college dorm room where a boy and girl were found dead on the floor from that dry ice stuff (the ep with the exploding toilet lol). And the one boy was saying something about jocks and pointed to Greg saying "ask him" and Greg and SAra were like huh and then the boy said "he looks like a jock". And Greg said "me?" at the same time as Sara said with that smirk "him?". :lol: Like she couldn't believe someone would think Greg was a jock in high school. :lol:

I would love to see Greg and Riley at Islands of Adventure and on the Jurassic Park ride. :lol: The picture (they always take a pic right as you're going down the big drop as the T-Rex is about to eat you lol) would probably be hysterical. :lol:

14. happyharper13

^Aww, that scene was adorable. And adorkable. Sara seemed very cognizant of Greg's dorkiness (like in that other convo between them about sports, I think during an episode about hockey), but I like to think that Riley would hopefully be more accepting. Plus, Greg definitely has some nice muscles now, so he seems fairly athletic now.

How do you think Greg's relationship with Sara will affect a potential romantic relationship with Riley? Like Dizzney said, he kind of got burned by Sara, since he pretty much chased after her for 5+ years before finding out that she was with Grissom. I feel like he'd be more cautious about getting burned, but, at the same time, maybe he'd be quicker to impress Riley before she ends up with someone else. It's kind of hard to view any potential Greg ship, especially a het ship, without seeing it through somewhat of a Sandle lens. I don't mean it from a Greg-Sara-together/gung-ho-Sandle view, but more in terms of Greg's longtime (and presumably unrequited) crush on her.

15. GregNickRyanFan

I don't know. I would think that Greg has worked out any issues about the Sara thing as those two are more like siblings/best friends now. :lol: I think Greg would be cautious always, but I don't think that would stop him from voicing anything. I think he realizes that Riley is different from Sara and may be more receptive towards him.