Greg & Riley #1- Grey: 'Cause He Thinks She's Lucky

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by GregNickRyanFan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Hmmm. I only watched the first thirty or forty minutes, and I didn't see that part... *sigh* I may have to go watch it.

Ray is always there... but we need the Hair Pullers together!

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Hmm. I haven't figured out the thumbnail thing quite yet. There were thumbnail options on my album, but none of them for direct links. Anyone know what the actual code for image thumbnails on here is?

Anyway, back to the ship -- I thought the yearbook thing was quite cute. I'm probably looking too much into this (then again, that is what fangirls do, eh?), but I thought that there was some subtext to them looking at a picture of sweethearts. If Riley had known Greg in high school, maybe she wouldn't have felt compelled to burn her own yearbooks. On another awesome note, I'm really glad to see a notable increase in the RileyGreg fandom on fanfiction. We are definitely beating the RileyNick pairing there. Any idea whether Riley and Greg will get some screentime together in any of the upcoming episodes?

Here are a few of my favorite RG caps. This scene definitely gave me hope from the get-go in this ship. As soon as Riley got to CSI, she immediately knew to use her flashlight to keep close watch over what was important -- Greg's posterior region :lol: (Okay, so I know she was really aiming her flashlight every which way to see in front of her while she was rushing down the hallway, but still, I love that some of the light still ended up there :p.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

To do thumbnails, after clicking on that blue button at the bottom of your album page, you just copy the code in the third box and paste it onto the message board post window. I'm not sure about the direct code. Let me see...

[*URL=http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/SupernaturallyDelicious/CSI/?action=view&current=gregrileyshipnameswp.jpg][*IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/SupernaturallyDelicious/CSI/th_gregrileyshipnameswp.jpg[*/IMG][*/URL] this is what the code looks like, but just take out the asteriks. I guess you just have to add the "th_" to the front of the name of the file.

[​IMG] This was a WIP by the way, but I never finished it. :lol:

If you need further help, I took screenshots of the steps, if you need them I can upload them and PM you the links.

Good point about the subtext in the yearbook scene. I didn't think of that at all. I bet she'd still have those yearbooks. Heck, I'd still have mine if he went to my school. :) There has been a big increase in the fics. I guess this ship is very inspiring. I've only written one so far, but I'm sure I'll eventually write more. I don't know if we'll get any G/R scenes in upcoming eps, but I sure hope so. :)

4. happyharper13

This episode was awesome for Riley and Greg! They worked a case together and had great chemistry, per usual. I loved how well they communicated. For some reason, the moment that Greg turned around to ask Riley her ideas for Hodges' weight without actually asking her seemed especially cute. It seemed so unusual the way he didn't need to ask. He just looked at her and she knew that he wanted her to guess. That level of communication just seemed... unusual. As if they know each other a lot better than two coworkers would after that amount of time. What did you guys think of the last episode?

Pics from 'Leave Out All the Rest':

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  5. GregNickRyanFan

Hehe, those a great caps, happyharper. I love his expression in the first one and hers in the last one. Their scene in the last ep was cute. I absolutely loved the teamwork of the two of them in that scene. Them both dragging around Hodges was too funny for words. And the looks they gave each other... :adore:

6. happyharper13

Last episode was indeed adorable. It was nice to see Greg getting back at Hodges. And Greggo just seemed all growed up, initiating experiments with a newer team member like Grissom used to do. You can really see his leadership potential. I don't remember him ever doing something like that before, at least not as a CSI. At the same time, though, he's not condescending and really makes Riley part of the process, which is nice.

Greg asks Hodges how much he weighs.
    [​IMG]

Hodges refuses to answer
    [​IMG]

Without saying a word, Greg turns to Riley, who guesses. I loved the nonverbal communication there. To me, it seems to show that they're really used to really getting each other.
    [​IMG]

7. GregNickRyanFan

Hehe. I had to watch that scene again last night. It's just as great the second time around. I love the moment where he turns to look at her and asks her opinion, but asks with his eyes rather than his voice. Very nicely done. :D

8. happyharper13

Was it just me, or did you get the feeling that Hodges was kind of flirting with Riley? It felt like he was being unusually nice during that scene, while Greggo was scowling notably. It was one of the few conversation (at least until Greg asked his weight) where Hodges didn't go out of his way to snark at Greg, and I thought Riley's presence might be the reason.

Hodges speaks (and clearly to Riley)

Same thing

Riley amused by Hodges

Greg scowling

9. GregNickRyanFan

Hehe... Greg's like "he's stealing my schtick!" :lol: Remember when Greg flirted with everyone in the lab? :lol: I think Hodges better watch out though. If he continues to flirt with Riley, he's going to have double trouble. A) Wendy's not gonna be too happy about it and B) Greg may end up punching him out for flirting with Riley. :lol:

10. happyharper13

Lol. So true. Greg's gotten a lot tougher since Hodges used to tease him more. Before, just about everyone used to tease him. Now, Hodges is the only one who can really give him crap on a regular basis, which I honestly think has just as much to do with Hodges' realization that Greg is maturing and gaining respect more than Hodges is doing so. He tries to bring Greg down a level on occasion (albeit playfully and not really meanly). But Greg got the last laugh in this case, and Riley definitely seems to joke and smile back with Greg than with Hodges.

Can't quite imagine Greg punching anyone though. I can imagine Riley being more aggressive than Greg.

11. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: Well, maybe not punching him, but I can definitely see Greg giving him a little shove. :lol: We got two great Greg/Riley scenes these last two weeks. Think we'll get a good one in this week's ep? I certainly hope so. :)

12. happyharper13

I really, really hope so. Then again, it feels like they're the two characters that get consistently shortchanged, which definitely brings down the likelihood of them working a scene together.
    The clip I've seen of Greg for next episode was with him and Nick, and next episode looks to be more Brass-centric. So my hopes are not high.
    Still, at least we've gotten the scenes they've had so far. Plus, it's CSI, so we're guaranteed plenty more seasons, methinks. And TPTB seem to be aware enough of how well Greg and Riley work together. I've read comments from various highers-ups (I think Carol Mendelsohn and David Rambo) within CSI about how well the two work together, so I'd say that's a good sign.

Talking while processing the yearbook:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GregNickRyanFan

Hehe... I love how Riley is looking over Greg's shoulder in that last cap. I love that certain ptb have talked about how well they mesh personality wise. It's so true. They have very similiar senses of humor and personalities and they just click very nicely. I love seeing that there's a friendship forming there. :) At this point, they could be the next Cath and Grissom... only maybe they could actually get together romantically. :D

14. happyharper13

Lol. I know. I'm still undecided as to whether they should actually get together, canon-wise. Lauren Lee Smith said that she didn't want them to get together and Riley is her character. I would be especially concerned with Riley and Greg becoming canon because Riley's a new female character and I can definitely imagine her being written off as a Mary-Sue type if she immediately became a love interest. I definitely want to see Riley have the opportunity to develop a lot as a character in her own right before she becomes part of a canon romance. I would settle for them being exactly like Cath and Griss, minus the GSR and Cath's other romances.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  15. GregNickRyanFan

Oh yeah, I agree... I mean, it's too soon now for them to be romantically paired anyway. IF (and that's a big if) the writers ever wanted to put them together romantically, I'd want it to be several years from now... or maybe on the very last episode of the series having them talk about going on a date or something. As of right now it's just too soon. We do need to get to know Riley a little more first and honestly, we need to learn more about Greg. We know very little about his life before he came to the lab. Oh and btw, we finally reached 100 posts in this thread. :lol: That's a milestone. :D Took us a while to get there though. :lol: