Greg & Riley #1- Grey: 'Cause He Thinks She's Lucky

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by GregNickRyanFan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think they have potential, but their teasing seems a bit more brother/sister like to me as LLS has stated. But I do enjoy their scenes together.

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I get the feeling that Greg sees it as more of a brother/sister dynamic to Greg, whereas Riley might see it as something more. I definitely think that Riley is crushing on Greggo. Riley's the one to ask Greg about his sexual experiences (BDSM, nice hotel suite), which reminds me of how Greg flirted with Nick, Sara and Cath in earlier seasons.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Loved their scene tonight with Greg promising not to abuse his power over her. :lol: That was funny then Nick telling Riley to watch her back. Then Greg looked at Riley and just grinned/smirked. :lol:

4. happyharper13

There was just a new David Rambo interview, where Rambo took a slightly different view toward Riley and Greg's relationship than what LLS had said before.

Quote -->

CSI Files: Are there sparks flying between Riley and Greg, or do they just like working together?
    Rambo: I think they really like working together. As writers we like putting them together because they're fun to see together. There was almost a brother/sister aspect to Greg and Sara; it's a lot more vibrant I think with Greg and Riley. If you're asking me if there's a romance, I don't know if there is or isn't to be honest. We haven't gone there yet. We've had other fish to fry.

5. GregNickRyanFan

I liked their interaction tonight.

Greg looked really concerned about Riley's reaction to the suicide. Where she said "if he really loved her, he wouldn't have killed himself". I think he knows there's a story there, but he doesn't push her for it.

I also liked when Nick asked Greg if Riley was okay. I wondered why Nick would ask Greg this, as how would Greg know anymore than Nick did. :lol: But, it was nice nonetheless. I liked Greg's response too, but I can't remember what it was at the moment. :lol:

6. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I know karu_mila and CSIADAM are gonna be mad at me posting here cause I have been posting on the Nick and Riley Thread. But I really can't decide! Riley and Nick, Riley and Greg....... Riley and Greg are so cute together and they seemed to hit it off right away. And then Riley and Nick......well Nick is just sooooo handsome! I guess I will just go with whatever TPTB decides. Which might take a couple seasons....

I think Nick asked Greg that because...well... who else was he supposed to ask? There was no one else in the room. But, when he did ask he seemed to think that Greg would know so.... you're guess is as good as mine. One of the things that made me happy about this episode is that it promises a Riley's past type episode in the future. Because, they can't give us something like that and then expect us to forget, can they? I am looking forward to that.

7. happyharper13

Welcome Hiphuggers! I for one definitely think you should jump on this ship rather than Nick/Riley. Greg and Riley have such awesome chemistry, and seem to have very similar personalities. Riley reminds me a lot of Greg, especially a Greg of earlier seasons. And she definitely seems to bring out a bit of his old personality. It seems like he's been a lot more humorous since she came on, and they've had a lot of scenes together.

I was thinking the same thing! I definitely feel like I'm seeing more and more Greg/Riley moments on the show, and I have to say that I'm really liking it.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out before, but I loved the shipperness for them in Riley's first episode. If you go to the album for 9x3 on the ES fansite, the most popular photo is Riley shining her flashlight at Greg's butt. That girl definitely knows how to find the most important things :lol:

Other G/R moments so far:

Not once but twice, Riley basically asks Greg about his sex life. In 'Young Man with a Horn,' she asks if he's ever stayed at one of those fancy hotel suites, and in 'Leave Out All the Rest,' she asks if he's ever been tied up, but decides that he's more of the hair pulling type. Later in the scene, Riley insists that Justine could have killed her boyfriend and disposed of the body, but Nick insists that Justine wouldn't have been strong enough, but Riley says that she (Riley) could do it. Nick doubts her, but Greg says that he believes she could -- "the killing part too" -- and then points something (looks to be some sort of S&M paraphanelia that he's processing) at her. That whole scene has got to be one of my favorite scenes so far this season.

Right before Grissom comes in to announce his resignation, Greg promises that he "won't abuse his power over you" to Riley. Another very cute scene, and both of their facial expressions said otherwise.

I also love that the promo photo for this episode on CBS was Greg and Riley processing a car. I'm glad that there's no indication that CBS will make this ship canon because I really don't think canon ships work very well on a procedural like CSI, but I will be very happy to see them continue with the cute dynamic between the two.

Anyone else notice anything?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  8. GregNickRyanFan

I think it was a riding crop? Not really sure though, I'm not well versed in that sort thing. :lol:

I actually kind of wish they'd give us a scene with one of them having a fantasy about the other just so we could have a kissing scene without them going canon. :lol: I mean hey, if Nick can have a nightmare about having an autopsy performed him, why can't Greg or Riley have a fantasy about kissing each other? :lol: Too bad they're not spies or secret agents or something. then they could be somewhere pulling a con or surveilling the place and have to "pretend to make out" so the guards wouldn't know what they are really up to. :lol: sorry, that happened on another show. Also on that show someone said about another couple that they were very "Nick and Nora". I could see Greg and Riley being very Nick and Nora like. For those of you who don't know who Nick and Nora are, they were characters in The Thin Man. I believe they were PIs, but I never saw it (it was a little before my time too- I had to ask my grandma who they were lol). Anyway, they were a married couple who worked together and worked very well together from what I've heard. :lol: Riley and Greg just sort of have that dynamic to me. :lol:

Something funny though about tonight's ep: When Greg was looking through those clothes and said "so, how much do they pay you to stand in a closet?" and they didn't show who he was talking to at first, I thought he was talking to Riley and just asking a random question or something. :lol:

9. happyharper13

^Thanks for clarifying the 'Nick and Nora' thing, GNRFan. I'd always wondered about that.

I'd like to put in a quote from CM, from a recent magazine article:

I definitely think it's interesting how fast various people with the show are chiming in on the ship.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  10. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

11. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for that link, HH. Much appreciated. :D

Ahh, they're standing too far apart. :lol: Greggo, move a little closer to her. :lol:

Remember that scene from an old ep where a certain other lady leaned in close to Greg and he thought she was gonna kiss him? I want to see a moment like that with Greg/Riley, only reversed and it be Greg leaning in and doing the teasing. It would be so funny and cute. Don't you think?

12. happyharper13

^I totally agree! That would be adorable. Sadly, there was not very much Greg/Riley interaction the last episode. In fact, I don't think there was any ;( I'm crossing my fingers for next episode. CM seemed to really like the dynamic they have, which makes me optimistic that they'll work together at least a decent deal in the future. *crossing fingers* They also seem to put Greg and Riley together in a lot of promo photos.

I really like the scenes with Greg, Riley and Nick working together, just like the ones with Sara, Greg and Nick. That dynamic was definitely one of the many reasons that Rashomama is still one of my fave episodes.

The fact that they're sharing an office makes me optimistic too. With Nick being basically the new assistant supervisor, he's probably busy plenty of the time too, which leaves the office to Greg and Riley, or so I hope.

EDIT: Greg looks so angry in those pics. I wonder what's going on there.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  13. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Aww! You're welcome!:)

Here is one more I don't know if you saw it when you were viewing the other one....but here it is anyway:)

Pic She is standing a bit closer this time:D Check out Greg's eyes:)

14. GregNickRyanFan

Well, there was that one scene last night with Greg, Nick, Riley and Ray all working in the same room at the same time. However, I do think that was the only scene Riley and Greg had together in that ep, sadly. :lol:

Maybe the vic is a kid.

I did see that pic before, but thanks for pointing out his eyes in it. I didn't notice it before, but he seems to have one eye towards her. Very cute. :lol: Thanks. :)

Me too and I could see the three of them hanging out together easily. I also loved the team dynamic of Greg, Sara, Nick as well. But, Greg, Sara, Warrick scenes (tho few and far between) were cute too. The one in the ep with Faye Dunaway wascute. Greg calling Warrick "buddy boy" and Sara just giggled at that and her giggle was kind of cute. I wanna see scenes like that with Riley, Nick and Greg. :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  15. GregNickRyanFan

Looks like there could be some nice Greg/Riley stuff next week. She's taken hostage and the promo shows Greg carrying a gun! Hmm... wonder what that means. me thinks he gets peeved that someone is threatening her.