Grade 'You Only Die Once'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Heh, me too. Or after I accidentally bump into random objects. *whistles innocently*

True enough, but if he ever wanted to press charges against the stalker/whatever-else-he'll-do-before-it's-over, the evidence would probably be inadmissible after him touching it without gloves or anything.

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Heh, my first thought was "Don't blink! Blink and you're dead, whatever you do, don't blink!"
    (oh thank you Doctor who!)

3. Faylinn

Eep! That episode was so creepy. >.<

Now I'm gonna have nightmares. Thanks a lot! ;_;

4. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

I agree, that was one of the most frightening things I have ever seen on telly, ever.

Oh, apart from Anna's acting :lol:

5. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Honestly, I thought it was an okay episode. I thought the car was awesome. Flack in a tank top + a car chase = Heaven!

I'm going with the people who said that they wrote this episode forgetting to write any lines for Lindsay and when they realized it, they told AJ Buckley to stay home and gave all his lines to Anna Belknap? Her lines this entire episode had Adam all over them. I hear her say the 'old school' line and just hear Adam saying 'shazam' once. :) That said, she didn't annoy me TOO much because I kept thinking of AJ saying those lines.

Always love Stella and Flack working a case together and getting some quality screentime out of it. Didn't they look 'wedding cake topper' hot together? Okay, she had on a black dress, but still... She was working it. :cool:

The new storyline with Sinclair has me more interested than the '333' one. It's obvious everyone considers CSI: LV the flagship of the series and the writers treat it as such, but '333' does not compare to the 'miniature killer'. Get it over and done with soon, please. Or have the 333 person go on a muderous rampage or something... They're losing me here.

LMAO @ continuity: Hawkes gets all broken and bruised the episode before and now he's out processing scenes and evidence with no ill affects. I love it. :lol:

Not for nothing, but is anyone else thinking another reason Anna Belknap is still in the lab because she still hasn't lost all that baby weight? Not that it's a bad thing. Tons of women have that trouble. I'm just noting how we get very few scenes of her full body and they stuck her in that lab coat so far. Hell, she was in black this episode. Doesn't matter anyway. I still say that wasn't her in the pool table sex scene, but whatever. :rolleyes:

Oh please no! People bumping into her makes them fall in love with her, remember? :mad:

6. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

I’ve finally seen the episode. It was good ep overall. Since everything has been said, guss I’ll just quote. :p

/ Faylinn

We have just witnessed the worst on screen moment in the history of American primetime. Of course it had to be AB. And gotta mention, AB managed to breake her personal record of crapy acting … for now at least.

Get over yourself, goodbye!
    It must be hard to be you, yeah, livin' in your life..

Duuude! Hawkes is a Doctor! Why did he had to deal with the computer stuff?

That a rhetorical question, yes? Say it 11 times, light a white candle and it will become true. :p

Whoever can afford the fancy apartment, can’t no longer afford to buy a black La Perla . Sad…

Amen! And just for the record, the Batmobile is better!

Dear Anna,
    Skills: never had them, never will.
    No love, now or ever,
    Lorelai

LOLZ! That the new strategy, TPTB? But I don’t think Devon was annoying. Montanaaa girl, now she is annoying to death . Devon is plain & simple a moron. Poor little thing!

I’ve seen it coming, yet it still hurt my soul and broke my Flack loving heart to pieces! :(

Blink and you’ll miss them! LOLZ

The moment she did it, my friend ( watching the show together) screamed : Flack! Shoot her! Now! LOLZ That helped make it , but I must feel sorry for Melina.

Maybe she was reading her lines from a prompter, and it moved to fast…

Elsie, don’t blame Donnie for hiding her. My poor baby. Would you tell people about her, without being embarrassed?

Strike one TPTB!

Apparently that left the same day with Aiden! :(

LOLZ!

Was he planning on coming back? LOL
    First Sinclar threatening my baby in Comes around. Now this. He better stay away from me, or he’ll regret being born!

First message ends here, but I’ll be back! LOL

Conclusions : I love Flack to death! Stella, Danno, Hawkes and Mac are a very close second! ;)
    Flack is the best think since slice bread! And Eddie is pure gold! Give the man some screen time, an Emmy, the next Bond movie and an Oscar! He’s worth it! :D

7. audrina

audrina Police Officer

THANK YOU! I wasn't the only one who noticed this typical crime show device: Witty comment to tip suspect off so you can have a cool chase scene. Stella might as well have said, "Hi there, I know you're guilty. Wanna run for it? I want to see that cool car in action again."

8. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

:D Posts made in this tread, on this board must be the longest ones on the internet! :lol:

And did he brought his piece on the date??!! LOLZ Wonder why? And why did Donnie just stood there, staring at the perp instead of shooting him? Guess he wasn’t thinking yet.. :p And why on earth he walked, I repeat walked out of the apartment. Babe, you’re 7 feet tall. Next time , RUN. Of course he got down to late to catch the baddie, and watched him leaving.

I know Fay, the whole scene seemed to be in slow motion! And funny how SuperFlack, in the SuperCab, managed to keep up with the SuperBatmobile. LOLZ And I noticed that the more you watch the episode the faster the chase seems. Try it.

LOLZ! Everything is connected! So prove it!

That’s why he couldn’t run & the baddie got away.

LMAO!

That’s what happens when you mess with a character’s personality. The Flack that rolled his eyes and mocked her, is the real one! The one dropping his pants in an expensive apartment in front of the attempt of girlfriend, might be the next best thing but not quite the Flack we know and love. So won't the real Don Flack, please stand up?

I never thought I could love them even more than I already did, but now I do!

Have to mention how much I love the dynamic between Gary & Eddie. Love seeing them acting together.

Smart machines = stupid humans? We should go back to cooking on fire, before Flack will have to come into the lab and plug in the machines. See, now it works. LOL

Yes, pls. The damn woman nearly ran Donnie over! ( mental note to torture her and Sinclair for messing with my babe )

Gotta say she did! I actually believed her! She actually managed to emote. :O Hell is frozen. ( How pathetic is that we gotta count her good scenes… ) Yes, that was a good scene. I bought it and I didn’t wanna hurt her. The shock!!!

One good scene every 20 epies? :S

They sure did! Again, amazing dynamics between Melina & Eddie.

Remembering the spoilers, I’m glad they cut the scene with the 2nd date between Flack and Devon. Don’t thing I could have digest another “I know she’s a moron but I need to get laid” moment. Flack is toooo good for that.

And we can add another job in the NYPD on Flack’s resume. He went undercover. LOL

So, I guess this was TPTB's attempt to a Flack centric episode. Does this mean he’ll be kept in the shadows for the rest of S4, cause I still wanna meet his dad, and hear from Gavin Moran. ;)

Am I done now? :lol:

9. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

the episode was okay. but toooo much bond talk... ick! that so doesn't fit to NY.... :rolleyes:

God, was Flack grinning a lot this time :D But he looked kinda red on the face...hmmm too much sun i guess Eddie :p I really hope never to see again his 'OH SO GIRLFRIEND' i've got enough for another 4 seasons. I think i'll never again ask tptb to give him a little love in the show. i prefer single-superFlack-who-can-still-thinking (what he's doing) btw. i've hoped he has a better taste but i guess his women are as pretty as his ties :lol:

For example Stella - thats someone for a super hero like our Flackie. Gosh she looked so hot in that dress. This woman is not just beautiful but she can act...

what we can't say about a certain country girl... her 'oh-i-so-[f*cking-don't]-rock scene really rocked but not in the way it should have. I don't know how to help this woman anymore. I give up my hopes. She can't act. Can't tptb change the actress?? The character can stay but please do something with AB!

yeah and about d/l... i don't know whats worser - their behaviour last season or now. Totally not shippy in any way.

Dannys comment about Mac's new shirt... hmm that was weird :p

10. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Can't...breathe... :lol: :lol: :lol: That review was awesome, Faylinn. I like your version better than the actual episode, lol.

Ah, well, I'd hate to give up on Flack this early in the season but you'd think his choice for a girlfriend would be much better than his choice for a tie :p Unless TPTB are like, "He's Super!Flack: Homicide Detective, Negotiator, Undercover Cop, Narcotics Officer, Bomb Survivor - there must be something he can't do. Ooh, that's right, we'll make him romantically challenged! That'll balance his character!"

*roll eyes*

I've seen Danny's character assassination (though that seems to be improving this season), if I have to see it on Flack I think I'd rather watch Horatio fiddle with his sunglasses again (and again and again).

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm with those who think Devon was just a plot device. I mean, she had - what - 4 lines in the ep.?

It's just sad and lame that in her minuscule role she had to come off as brainless, and almost the entire cast had to be sure and mention she was Flack's "GIRLFRIEND."

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^But didn't you know that Flack had a GIRLFRIEND? We know that she does have teeth, but are they hers, or just really good dental work?

I liked the action of the episode, and please to be giving us Flack in a tux at least every other episode. Otherwise it was... okay. B territory.

And for the record, Lindsay could have figured out that substance far more quickly than by trial and error. In high school chemistry, we would be given a substance and an hour to figure out what it was using the array of chemicals at our disposal. That is not Lindsay's fault, just a weird plot device that fell flat. But she is not a rockstar. My dog could have mustered more reality with that line.

13. Faylinn

Heh, I loved that scene. "Stick to bowling." :p

I could make a comment about sexual healing, but I'll refrain.

Oops, I said it anyway. Silly me. *whistles innocently* ;)

Nah, I don't think that had anything to do with it.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that they used a body double in that scene. Not that it's a bad thing, but anyway...

Ah, that's right! :eek:

Because he's smooth like that. It isn't his fault some crazy stalker has a hard-on for making Mac look like a fool. ;)

Danny: This stupid computer won't work!
    Lindsay: *smacks it* What's wrong with it?
    Hawkes: What's going on, guys?
    Danny: We can't get the computers to work.
    Hawkes: That's strange...*starts randomly pushing buttons*
    *Flack wanders in, glances at the group*
    Flack: ...what are you guys doing?
    Lindsay: Trying to get the computer to work.
    Flack: *pushes the 'on' button, but nothing happens* Is it even plugged in?
    Hawkes: What?
    *Flack goes to the wall and sticks the plug in, then turns the computer on*
    Danny: Ha! Good job, Flack.
    *Flack just shakes his head and walks away*

:p

Oh dear. :eek: *sends the team member of your choice to give you mouth-to-mouth*

Is that, like, a code? :eek: Do. Not. Want. *flee*

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I don't normally watch CSI: NY but I couldn't resist after watching the promos. This episode was really good!!!

15. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

You've all pretty much summed it up and I don't wanna beat a dead horse, so suffice it to say:

*Awwwwww.....Flack is gettin' some.

*Shame on Mac for not trusting my man Hawkes (hope we'll get to see even more of him...YUUUUUM!)

*Stella cleans up nicely, but she should've worn her hair completely pulled back or up even. I'd like to see her sport a different look.

*LOVING the intensity of the 333 thing, but something needs to happen next week or I'll be completely over it.

*Lindsay......poor Lindsay. Was she there?

My Rating: B--