Grade 'You Only Die Once'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Haven't finished my screencapped review yet, but I thought I'd pop in and say that the freakin' Batmobile will PWN the Mach 5 car ANY DAY. (And hey, this is coming from somebody who used to watch Speed Racer all the time as a kid.) This car discussion scene was alright for me. They sounded very much like Adam lines, though, and it was really easy to imagine him saying them instead. I think the reason Adam didn't appear at all in this episode too is because ... well, if he did, Lindsay would have no reason to be in it at all. :p

Flack finally getting some smoochy smoochy was great. :lol: I was literally cheering for him. However ... am I the only one who thinks he wasn't really into it? I swear, before it was even halfway, it seemed like he was just doing the motions and thinking, "Okay, when's that stupid robber gonna turn up, damnit?!" :lol: Yes, Flackie, we know who really turns you on.

I agree that Devon is just a plot device (and an excuse for Flack to take off his shirt :p). I highly doubt she'll ever appear on the show again, if some spoilers I've read come to pass.

The bit where Danny compliments Mac? It was more real to me than any scene where Danny had to interact with Lindsay and show affection to her. It was also like he was so damn glad Mac and Stella showed up and he wasn't alone with her anymore! :lol: But the best part about that bit? Take a good look at Mac's face after Danny compliments him. He had this expression that said, "Danny thinks I look good? Huh." ;)

And as for the, "I rock!" scene? Yes, extremely awkward. What made it grimace-worthy for me wasn't that she said that, but the way she delivered it. I'm surprised people actually say it was energetic and lively because, heck no, it wasn't. It was like she was reading monotone right off a script and she figured just adding some victory hand motions would be enough. Either that, or they filmed that scene so many times, even she got sick of doing it and just wanted it over and done with. :lol:

2. garysloveslave

garysloveslave Dead on Arrival

it was a good episode, not a fave of mine, but good none the less. :D

3. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

this was such an A+ episode, not a one dull moment

Flack, Don Flack totally owned this epi. eddie was brilliant here and Im glad we got to see more of him (and in a wife beater too :) )

the 333 thing is getting really creepy i wonder whose blood it is on the T-shirt

the political part wasnt that interesting for me but well I ll live

Lindsay was incredible here, especially in the I rock scene and the DL moments, they make for a perfect team

I loved the Flack/Stella parts too, especially on the banquet - so hot

Hawkes & the mail - it reminds me a little of the Miami situation in S4, can be interesting in future

the case was a cool one but for a while I felt like watching Eureka I almost started to look for Colin Ferguson :)

we need more epis like this one

4. celtess

celtess Rookie

I realy love this episode
    Flack with a new girl friend, Mac with th 333!! I can't wait that's realy mean!!!!
    Linds is so amazing, she's killing me with Danny when the csi find the fabulous car.
    Stella so beautiful
    A+ for this episode

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

There must have been an express elevator or something, because there's no way Flack should have gotten down to ground level fast enough to be there when the car sped off. Maybe the burglar had to unclip his climbing gear, but come on!

I'd forgotton about Hawkes's injuries, looks like TPTB did as well. Normally it wouldn't be an issue but they made the point about it being only a few weeks since Mac got back so it could only have been a week at most since Hawkes got hurt.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I thought of "Blink" too when I read this. :lol:

I think Devon was more excited about that "very important third date" if you ask me. ;) She was like, "Robbers? Who cares? I can buy more jewelry! I want this piece of ass in front of me right now!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was totally my reaction too! :lol: Poor Flack. :lol:

I thought it was hilarious how eager Flack was to get out of there, and how Devon was like, "I don't care! You got me all hot and horny, now put out, dammit!" And Flack and the million girlfriend references (since when does 3 dates=girlfriend? :lol: ) and the "very important third date" comment. Too funny. Sure you weren't relieved, Flack? Either because she's so stupid or because there might be someone else you like more? ;) :lol:

Yeah, they really need to stop handicapping Carmine by sticking him with Lindsay all the time. We get it, she's useless, her relationship with Danny is the only thing she has going for her. Carmine deserves better, though.

Yeah, she's just uncomfortable to watch. That kind of stuff translates more to the screen than you'd think. Body language and enthusiasm (or lack thereof) from the actors can be picked up on by the audience.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Maybe it was me after watching Prison Break, but I thought Peyton's head was in Mac's suitcase *shudders*

Bring Adam back !!!

8. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

They should have had Flack and Mac come in when Lindsay is doing the I rock scene. The writers should have had them look at each other with amused looks. Then Flack could have made a smart remark. You would think Lindsay would get on her coworkers nerves.

9. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

This episode really rocks! I love it! Hahaha @ Danny and Hawkes on Flack!

I also love how the show ended! Creepy!

Plus, I know a lot of us here hopes that the creepy guy stalking stella is not the same as the one stalking mac...but on the phone, he sounded like that same creepy stalking guy...hehe....

10. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Is it just me, or did anyone else find some of the music in this episode a little Bourne Identity-ish??

11. privatename

privatename Rookie

I agree with this. I don't think Mac was doubting Hawkes. I think he was just asking him to check what could have happened since somehow Hawkes now seems to be the computer expert for the lab. :rolleyes:

You know, come to think of it, as much as I like Hawkes having scenes, Adam probably would have been a better choice for that. Of course, as some others have mentioned, Adam would have been the better choice for most of Lindsay's scenes.

12. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Well, most of you that are old enough are all too well aware of what USUALLY *happens* on the *third date* ;) :lol: Poor Flack! No time for luuuuvvvv Dr. Jones.... heehehehhehehheeee

13. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

I've always felt that the music, especially in the action sequences, was very Bourne-ish. Since I love the Bourne soundtracks, this is a good thing in my book. It adds a nice edge to the show and gives it a unique feel.

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I think that that was the general idea, in keeping with the spy theme of the ep. Although I thought it was more James Bond!

15. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

I personally thought this episode was a lot of fun. It was quirky, fairly fast-paced and we got lots of fun character interaction from nearly everyone.

I know how much everyone hates on Lindsey and her ability to get in the way of the man-lovin', but honestly I don't find her all that annoying. I'm not sure if people don't like her because she's a bad actress or if it's because there are too many slashers here. ;)

I enjoyed her little, "I rock" head bob, because yes...I've done it. I think she has better rhythm than me.

I also don't have a problem with Devon's girlfriend. Not sure how pink bra with a black dress qualifies her as stupid, since well...I do that. I don't even think I own a black bra. I figure she's on her thrid date, we all know what that means, and she wanted to wear something extra purty for her new love interest.

Flack was especially great in this episode, of course. I disagree with the person who said that he wanted to leave; Devon was the one to notice the sound first, and she had to attempt to get Flack's attention TWICE before he finally lifted his head up from where he'd been nibbling on her.

Flack was in the zone, man. I wish we'd gotten a little more.

And I enjoyed all the teasing and commenting on his girlfriend from both him and everyone else. He's kept it quiet for a few weeks, and now that it's out, he's kind of showing off. As far as we know, it's his first real relationship of the series, a point driven home in "Charge of this Post" when Don didn't have anyone but the CSI's sitting outside his hospital room.

Don is happy, relaxed and bashfully smug about having a girlfriend. I think the playful banter between him and Danny was absolutely delightful.

Also of note in this episode; Mac and Don discussing this "333" guy. I'm really happy about this development, and shows a nice depth to their relationship. So far Mac has only confided in Stella, but when things begin to get creepier he doesn't tell her, he tells Flack.

Love that!

As cheesy as the gadgets were in this show, I loved them. I loved the high tech tux, the pretty, pretty, pretty car (that shoots flames AND has a laser!!!), and the excuse to get Stella and Flack to dress up. Woot. Sexy all around!

One little bit that I really enjoyed in this is when Flack and Stella went to the car dealership and the guy is telling Flack about the car -- Flack just can't help himself. He has to peek into the car, and you can tell that he's impressed. That bit made me giggle.

I didn't really miss Adam. I'm not a huge fan of his. Danny was fun because he was being funny. I don't like emo-Danny. Lindsey was fine. No, she's not the most flamboyant character, but I like her. Stella was stunning, even if her Bond joke fell really really flat to me. Mac was ultra fabulous, as was Flack. The only person who bugged me was Hawkes.

Hawkes + Mad Computer Skillz = Confused Surreal

Biggest Marty-Stu ever! Gah. I'd like him better if he didn't appear to be a genius in everything he did, when it's not possible for him to be like, uber-smart in everything he does. *sulks*

That rant aside, I think we were treated to this zany, fun episode because I have a sense that things might get a bit darker for a while. Was it believable? Heck no. But was it fun? Oh yes. I give this episode an A. :)