Grade 'Love Run Cold'

I thought there was a lot of discussion around here about Danny "maturing" last season compared to the first season. Am I wrong?

I agree last episode was out of character, but overall it seems that Danny has been on a more mature track for season 2.... so unless the writers are planning of back-tracking to Season 1 hot-headed, disobedient Danny, it makes sense that Season 3 would be on the same, slightly more mature Danny track.

Just my observation.

I gave it a B+.

1. I did think that it was good for Danny's ego to be a bit brused that Lindsey stood him up for dinner. It's not like he won't find another woman, with those arms. :lol: that being said, I also thought that the writers weren't using their magic with the two of them. The end scene between them made Danny look like a wounded puppy, and Lindsay's line of 'It's not you, it's me' was cheap and overused. Those two IMO, never had any chemistry to begin with, but I think that the writers were trying to tie up that loose end,and at the same time, open up Lindsay's story.

The ice vodka princess thing was cool, but the motive old.

Kudos to Stella for keeping the girls contained in this episode and telling that wheelchair bound guy's sister, that her brother lost his legs, not his life. Good job.

As far as the whole D/L shippers: This is an old and tired argument that we are all (I hope) too old to be upset about. I am entitled to my opinion of how I feel about two characters, just as the D/L shippers are entitled to theirs. Why is this so hard to do ? :confused: Part of the message board is debating others opinions. I leave your opinions as they are, so please don't get all upset when I leave mine.

I also just wish that the writers would go out of the box and put Danny and Flack together as they are meant to be. :lol: Those two are on fire, everytime I see them! :D

and..... Be nice to the mods on New York! :lol: They are two cool chicks :lol: and have a hard job of putting up with all of us. Show some respect.

1CSIMfan, thank you for the delicious pictures. I think they make the case in a downright compelling way. :D Again, even if it's one-sided, I think having Flack deal with having feelings for Danny would be a daring storyline--far more original than what's going on with Danny and Lindsay. Love it or hate the Danny/Lindsay storyline, it's pretty cookie cutter at this point. Even I was intrigued when it seemed like she was pursuing him, but then it just kind of devolved into cliche.

As for Danny growing up...why does he have to? He's in his thirties--his personality is probably pretty well formed by now. And honestly, what distinguished him from every other guy on TV was that dramatic, over-the-top quality he use to have. It made him interesting. The more he changes, the less interesting he gets. So no, I don't want him to mature completely, and if he's going to change, it really should be in a more intriguing way than he has.

Ooo, I'm very slow to join the review fun ... just saw the episode an hour ago. :p

Heh. This is gonna be a shocker to some people. It wasn't as bad as I expected, especially after having read some of the reviews here. I will admit I did fast forward to all the interesting bits. :lol:

Killed by vodka in an ice scepter, eh? That's something different. I couldn't help thinking how funny the perp's facial contortions were in his final interrogation scene. It made his confession kinda comical to me. Couldn't take him seriously, heh.

And me being a total Danny/Flack fan ... wow, did any other D/F fan grin like crazy at Danny's, "Ya like that?" and Flack's, "Yeah."? I mean, even my friends who had never watched the series before thought that was pretty overt dialogue right there! Why did Danny feel the need to ask Flack something like that? Naughty boys, can't even keep smex out of their daily conversations. :p

I have to agree that Danny was definitely much more mellow in this episode than all the episodes put together. You can really tell in the beginning when he talks to Lindsay about her standing him up. You would have expected him to be quite mad, knowing his temper and hot-headedness. It was really odd to suddenly see him as if he got dosed with a hundred bottles of Prozac.

As for the D/L scene ... I felt it was okay. Not scream-inducing, but neither was it amazing or anything. It seemed to me like there was a finality to the D/L issue. Lindsay stated clearly that, while she did like Danny, she didn't want to be in a relationship, period. And from the sound of it, she didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone. I thought it was very interesting that Danny talked about going into a relationship as 'having a dinner or two, some drinks and fun'. Wow, long-term committment just ain't his thing, is it? :lol:

Carmine did appear really bored in the scene to me. Almost like, "Oh great, I gotta say all these corny Mills&Boon lines now. Good thing I don't hafta deal with this anymore once this scene's over." The scene would have ended much better if they had cut out Danny's last line of telling Lindsay to call him if she needed anything. That one line made him look like a really desperate boy. Doesn't fit with his character as built up in the past seasons, that's for sure.

I agree with the idea that the D/L thing is much more about getting viewers intrigued with Lindsay's past. After all, we're talking about it now, aren't we? ;) I certainly don't hate her ... in fact, I'm interested to know what her secret is. Her character would be much better off being developed independantly of Danny, and his character would benefit from that too.

I grade episodes based on how much Flack and Danny goodness there is. :lol: Could Danny's shirts get any tighter? You know they're tight when the first word that come to mind the instant you see him is, "MANBOOBS!" And boy, Flack looked gorgeous. His suit matched in the final scene! W00t.

Kimmychu said:
Could Danny's shirts get any tighter? You know they're tight when the first word that come to mind the instant you see him is, "MANBOOBS!"

Lol! That was the first thing my roommate pointed out as well. I finally get her hooked on the S1 DVDs, set up living in Camp Flack, get her away from Project Runway on Wednesday nights...and all she can say is, "OMG! Danny's got boobs!"

It didn't help that you could see the straps of his wife beater either. :rolleyes:

I think it is a great B. It left alot to be desired. The way Stella just got the whole "WILD CAT" thing from out of the blue sky was just, well, WEIRD. I mean how did she come to this revelation. If it were me I would have been like: "An animal must have chewed on it". BUT I know the show only has an hour to explain. Also, someone made the reply about Danny's shirt. My explaination to that is: He was coming in from the "stood up date with Lindsay". Noticed how he said "Sorry Mac, I got held up". Then you noticed how very cold it was. The reception to Linds I mean, not the actual room. I don't know.

I like the whole Danny and Linds ship. I hope it works. However, the slow, getting to know you thing is better. It broke my heart when he told Linds; "If you need anything I am here". Dude she never just turned to give him a reassuring sign. That could have been different.

gojunebugg, I think you see it more like I do than some other people. Alot of people are saying that Danny was being whiny (well he was a little) and that he took it all in too much of a wimpy way but I saw more a level of maturity on his part. Instead of getting all pissed off or huffy about it- "well fine, who needs you anyway, biatch!" he was more sensitive and he took what she said at face value, didn't try to read anything into it, which shows a level of self-confidence that is encouraging. She told him she needed to work stuff out and that it's not him, and he accepted that, didn't act like he thought she was giving him a load of crap. If everyone could handle relationships like that the world would be a much better place!

Another thing that I liked is how when Danny and Linds are down in the basement, after asking her about if her phone was working, then in that FINE voice he quietly said: "Are we alright". Then nothing else was made a big deal of. He seems to strive to be mature where Linds is concerned, however the sene on the street, I think that was to get her to loosen up. You know, kinda a feeling out moment. I personally would have just went. What the heck. I would have been like heck yea, let's go.

I gave the episode a B-
I thought the Danny/Flack interaction was pretty good
I just wish the writers would do more with them dealing with Flack's recovery
Danny's forgeting where he is was pretty funny too
(i've done the same thing when i was somewhat distracted)

The D/L seemed a bit off
(How many tmes have we heard it's not you, me in bad soap opreas

This episode wasn't as good as the last two but next week's
looks like it will be a lot of fun

Quote function isn't working right. The following is quoeted from kimmychu: "I agree with the idea that the D/L thing is much more about getting viewers intrigued with Lindsay's past. After all, we're talking about it now, aren't we? ;) I certainly don't hate her ... in fact, I'm interested to know what her secret is. Her character would be much better off being developed independantly of Danny, and his character would benefit from that too."

Despite the fact that I like DL, and thought both actors did a good job with the end scene despite some clunky dialogue, I agree that this was used as a springboard to Lindsay's secreat. And even though I like DL, I don't want it to detract from either character.

It sounds like Mac plays a big part in us finding out about Lindsay's secret, and I look forward to that - those two actors have a nice dynamic. I'm also hoping that her secret does develop her more independent of Danny, and possibly open her up to stronger ties to others. I'm thinking Stella in particular - maybe they could bond over their troubled pasts.

As for Danny, I like when he works with others, too, including Flack, although I personally see a friendship dynamic more than a romantic one - just my take. I do enjoy their banter, and also hope to hear more about Danny's role, if any, during his recovery.

My two cents!

I love the fact that people feel the need to specify that they don't see Danny/Flack in a romantic way. :lol: With that particular ship, I think we'll assume people don't like it unless they say so. :lol: I don't see everyone rushing to say they don't see Mac/Flack in a romantic way when wishing they'd have a scene together or talking about liking them interacting. :lol:

Sorry, that just amuses me for some reason. :p

Danny's shirts are definitely getting tighter. It's only a matter of time before Mac is like "Danny, your shirt is so tight it's cutting off circulation to your arms, maybe you should change..." :lol:

Kimmy, I definitely agree with you on that scene with Danny and Flack by the car. It made me giggle a little bit. :devil:

To what Kimmy saud about Linds being independent from Danny, I agree to a point. I love D/L and I want them together all the time, but I do want Lindsay to be known as "Lindsay", if you get my jive. It seems like that to a lot of non D/L shippers she's "Lindsay who's all over Danny", and I can see how that would be frusturating. I think that her "secret" will make her more of her own person, which I will like a lot.

To me, I don't see Lindsay as "Lindsay who's all over Danny". I just think they need to let her stand on her own two feet and not rush her into a relationship until she establishes herself as her own character and not "Danny's shadow".

Last season they paired her with Danny almost every chance they got whether they were working the same cases or not. There's gotta be more to Lindsay than that. Hopefully her secret will make her more of her own person and not just somebody's (Danny's) shadow.

Fay, I agree. I assume people aren't into DF if they don't mention it. Not everyone is gonna like them and that's fine with me but I will be sure to make comments about any scenes they are in together. Because I'm a DF shipper, I see more in their scenes then a non-DF shipper. The DL shippers see a lot more with DL than I do. We can't help what we see or how we see it.

Faylinn said "I love the fact that people feel the need to specify that they don't see Danny/Flack in a romantic way. With that particular ship, I think we'll assume people don't like it unless they say so. I don't see everyone rushing to say they don't see Mac/Flack in a romantic way when wishing they'd have a scene together or talking about liking them interacting."

Ok now I don't, and I mean DON'T want to cause a problem here, but maybe the comments about Danny/Flack should be kept in the D/F shipper thread? That way those of us who aren't into it don't have to see it in this thread. There is a thread for the D/F shipper fans, right? I don't go to the shipper forums but I know there is... the DannyLindsay thing is canon, as well as in fandom so it makes sense that it would be discussed outside the DL shipper thread. It might make a difference that some of the people who post the most are D/F shippers. It's a small group that wields a lot of power, because several of them are moderators too. I'm not, NOT saying this in a nasty way, but you do pretty much see something romantic or shippy every time Danny and Don are on the screen together. :) It doesn't really bother me too much but there may be people who get tired of it. And it seems to be the most popular ship on NY, so it gets more attention than say, Mac/Flack or any other ship. Again, this is just an observation and not meant to be nasty or judgmental.

Well, it does come across a bit nasty, yes. But alas, I am only one poster. I don't try to wield more power than anyone else because I'm a moderator, especially since my forum isn't NY. I just come here to post as a regular fan. And as a regular fan, I like what I like and post what I feel. If that bothers people, I'll certainly stop doing so, although I fail to see the animosity against slash, which seems to be the real point here.

However, I'm still going to feel free to express my opinion against Danny/Lindsay, or should that also be kept elsewhere?

Suffice it to say that, from what I've seen, Danny/Lindsay is certainly not canon at this point. Yes, they might have feelings for each other, but nobody claimed that GSR was canon until they'd actually established the relationship on the show. If every interaction between Danny and Lindsay can be taken as shippy because the writers seem hellbent on pursuing that line of thought, then I fail to see the problem with commenting on D/F. But, of course, I'll be sure to refrain.

Back