Grade 'Love Run Cold'

Top, your wish is my command. :lol: Here's some pics.

bst.jpg

na1.jpg

dfdm1.jpg

dfdm2.jpg

So getting back to the cases...does it bother anybody else when the motive is revealed at the last minute as kind of an afterthought? Like when we find out the victim caused a major accident and crippled a man--isn't that info the CSIs should have dug up when they found out about the lawsuit? :confused: What do you guys think?

Yeah, that bothers me. It's like they keep it just so that we won't figure it out--because we can't. The writing should be tight enough that there's at least a bit of doubt the whole time but you get all of the information. They could have set it up so that you didn't know if it was the racer or his sister who killed the runner, you know? Not revealing her until the end was kind of a cheap cop-out in my opinion. If they had shared that information, we would have thought he was involved, but not known if he'd actually done it himself or not. The resolution could still have been interesting. ;)

By the way, love the pics, 1CSIMfan. :lol: Some D/F favorites, that's for sure. :p

Danny/Flack seems so much more plausible than Danny/Lindsay. They're got chemistry, they deliver their lines well, and quite frankly I'm sick of the homophobia on the CSI franchise.

Between CSI and CSI: NY, all the main ladies have gotten beaten up (or been in life threatening situations), 2 have been raped (tentatively two, maybe just one), the men have been blown up and shot at, but out of the 16 leads and half dozen secondary characters, they're no gays. Strikes me as odd.

Hmm...I'm not really sure how I feel about this ep. I think I expected something more from it. I mean, the promos stressed the whole Danny/Lindsay thing, but really it was such a minor part of the episode. I felt bad for Danny getting stood up and when Lindsay wouldn't even look at him when she walked away, but I really didn't find it so unbelievable that *gasp* Lindsay might not be ready for a "relationship" yet. I think more than anything the episode made me curious about Lindsay's past. What secrets is she keeping??

The cases themselves were the usual CSI fare. I'm not a D/F shipper, but I like it when they work cases together. They're funny and, well, it's double eye candy! So I appreciated that aspect of the episode, but I agree with many of the other comments, the marathon case had potential, too bad it didn't pan out to be so thrilling in the end.

One thing I didn't really care for was having "SexyBack" open up the ep. That song is overplayed as it is. :p

I missed over half the episode and the strange thing was, I didn't really care. The parts that I did see, didn't impress me very much.

I hated this episode. Not for the cases, those were fairly decent. But this whole thing with Lapdog Danny just ruined it all for me. Since when has Danny Messer ever been a sniveling little lap dog? What the hell happened to him all of the sudden?

The thing that I always loved about Danny was the edge he had. The bad boy that lurked just below the surface. Where did he go? And who is this imposter that has taken his place? Danny waiting around in a resteraunt for Lindsey to show up? Danny begging Lindsey to tell him what the problem was? Come on, give me a break. If this the Danny we can look forward to for the rest of the season, count me out.

You know, I feel so bad for Carmine these days. Danny used to be a character he could really give his all with. Lately, he just seems bored out of his mind. It's about time the writers woke up and realized that the direction they are taking this character in is a total waste of the actor's talent; and it shows more and more all the time.

I will agree with many of you in that I think this eppy in general was forced - the marathon case, the DL stuff, all of it. Yes, there were some positives. IMO, Anna demostrated her ability to tackle dramatic material, Stella harnessed the girls and showed her investigative abilities, we got to see Sid ...

What bothers me is the rushed writing. While some thing the DL scenes were designed to drag their romance out, I wondered if it was designed to give a leg up into Lindsay's secret ... perhaps both. Either way, it was handled poorly, and wasn't really in character with either Lindsay or Carmine. Rush Rush Rush!!!

GoodLittleWench said:
I hated this episode. Not for the cases, those were fairly decent. But this whole thing with Lapdog Danny just ruined it all for me. Since when has Danny Messer ever been a sniveling little lap dog? What the hell happened to him all of the sudden?

The thing that I always loved about Danny was the edge he had. The bad boy that lurked just below the surface. Where did he go? And who is this imposter that has taken his place? Danny waiting around in a resteraunt for Lindsey to show up? Danny begging Lindsey to tell him what the problem was? Come on, give me a break. If this the Danny we can look forward to for the rest of the season, count me out.

You know, I feel so bad for Carmine these days. Danny used to be a character he could really give his all with. Lately, he just seems bored out of his mind. It's about time the writers woke up and realized that the direction they are taking this character in is a total waste of the actor's talent; and it shows more and more all the time.

Maybe Danny grew up and realized that the world doesn't revolve around him. Maybe he got tired of just being the edgy bad boy, maybe he's decided he wants more out of his life than that. Maybe Lindsay came along and he realized that there was a whole dimension to life that he was missing out on while he was out there being the bad-boy player. Maybe he's started to mellow a bit with age and experience. I don't feel bad for Carmine at all. If anything I think he was probably wishing they'd give his character some dimension instead of having him be so shallow. That's just my viewpoint on it. But then I love romance and relationships between people so if they are going to make Danny more human, more feeling, more considerate of the people around him I'm all for it. He's not a boy anymore, he's a man now and he may actually be thinking about his future and whether he wants to spend it alone or mellow out and let people get close to him.

^That is a valid point, hiding but I think that the transition was far too sudden and, well, weird. He went from cocky, I-can-do-anything Danny to this snivelling little lapdog. It's one thing for him to grow up, but that doesn't tend to happen over the course of a single week. This wasn't the Danny that we saw in the first couple of episodes and Carmine looked like he was not enjoying himself at all.

^I see your point there, Springmoon. It did seem kind of rushed. Maybe they used the between season time to explain it. They do have time constraints. Hey there are some new caps from next week's episode on http://carmine.fan-sites.org/, two really good ones of Danny and Flack together and some nice shots of Danny too.

I gave it a B-. And that was more because of the B-case. That was a decent one, I liked it. Stella was really into it, to catch the guy (or girl in this case) who did it. Melina was at her best. This case was good. Nothing to complain so far.

But the rest was a laugher. Danny and Lindsay looked like a few highscool kids (mentioned) there on the street. "I want pizza!" OMG. :lol: I think the writers had a day off. I love Danny/Lindsay a lot, I don't mind if they hook up or not, but this was ... just to laugh ... not serious. The case wasn't interesting either. I liked the scene with Flack and Danny on the street interviewing the guy, but that was the only thing. I didn't really like how Carmine handeld the final scenes, I didn't really look natural, I've seen him doing much better.

This one won't be high on my list of favourite episodes.

I voted B+

I liked the case with the ice bottle. It was one of the most ingenious choices for a murder weapon. I don't know if it is possible to use something made out of ice to kill someone but is was a nice idea.
before, there was someone asking about what happened to the icicle. I just rewatched the ep and when D/L are with Sid he tells them that there's no alchohol in the death woman's blood but her stomach is filled with it. At that moment a clip from the stabbing is shown and you see that the tip of the bottle breaks of and the vodka leaks in to the vic's body. Of course that tip would have been melted by the time they examin the body.

I didn't like the marathon case. Glad they showed some nice clips from the actual marathon, but the case itself was solved way to easily.

As for the whole D/L thing. I think it's kind of funny that something that only took not even 5 minutes of the whole episode is the thing that's discussed the most :lol: .
I am a D/L shipper but did not really like how their relationship was (ab)used in this ep. They -for me- could have done without the whole Harlequin-like dialogue (it's not you, it's me :rolleyes: bweeeehhh).
Though I am curious now about the storyline concerning Lindsay's past.

Springmoon said:
^That is a valid point, hiding but I think that the transition was far too sudden and, well, weird. He went from cocky, I-can-do-anything Danny to this snivelling little lapdog. It's one thing for him to grow up, but that doesn't tend to happen over the course of a single week. This wasn't the Danny that we saw in the first couple of episodes and Carmine looked like he was not enjoying himself at all.

I do think that all the things that happened to Danny the last several episodes already made him more self aware. And then last week the thougth that he almost lost Lindsay made him realise that he had to change his behaviour. Although I do hope it's not permanent 'caus I like angry Danny too.

Maybe Danny grew up and realized that the world doesn't revolve around him. Maybe he got tired of just being the edgy bad boy, maybe he's decided he wants more out of his life than that. Maybe Lindsay came along and he realized that there was a whole dimension to life that he was missing out on while he was out there being the bad-boy player. Maybe he's started to mellow a bit with age and experience. I don't feel bad for Carmine at all. If anything I think he was probably wishing they'd give his character some dimension instead of having him be so shallow. That's just my viewpoint on it. But then I love romance and relationships between people so if they are going to make Danny more human, more feeling, more considerate of the people around him I'm all for it. He's not a boy anymore, he's a man now and he may actually be thinking about his future and whether he wants to spend it alone or mellow out and let people get close to him.

People do not change that drastically overnight. If they want Danny to 'grow up', that's fine. But they need to show the progression. Not just suddenly totally change the whole nature of the character. It's not realistic. And as for the character being shallow, I have to laugh at that. Danny has always been the most well developed character on the show, because he had so much dimension. That was the beauty of the character, that he was so multi-faceted. And I just don't see that depth any more.

Regardless if Danny had an epiphany or not in terms of 'deciding to make a move on Lindsay' such a drastic change rarely -- if ever, translates well on TV. This seems to be more true when spaced over two episodes and the period between Lindsay's ordeal and the date (subsequently now including Danny mooning over her), isn't shown. Viewers are left to go, "WTF? How'd we get from Point A to Point B?" It doesn't make sense. We had the infmaous hug and then Lindsay suddenly standing him up at dinner. I would have preferred (and probably been more acceptable to D/L) had I seen Danny asking her out to dinner -- just to give the character a chance to show viewers that something clicked in that head of his. Or something to tie this sudden change over from one episode to another. Right now, it seems nothing more than spastic, cheap, and totally out of character.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Danny grown and mature during the show, but not in such a drastic manner where the writers' seem to have thrown any character development out the window.

Back